PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Robert Ludlum's The Bourne Conspiracy
Subscribe    Donate

Old 07-10-2010, 02:11 PM   #1
Killswitch9000

Killswitch9000's Gamercard
Lightbulb tips for final boss battle on assassin

Ok everyone, I have just beaten the final boss on assassin and going by how many attempts it took me to do it I figured I'd lay out what worked for me so that others can try it. The final boss battle on assassin difficulty is a lot harder than any of the other boss battles during the game so be prepared for a tough fight.

There are two things which are most important in this battle. The first is that he will try and to a takedown on you every couple of seconds which you will need to counter. This takes a lot of concentration but is vital as he will remove about 40% of your health with each takedown he lands on you. The second thing is that HE CANNOT KILL YOU WITH A TAKEDOWN. The only way you can lose is if he lands a blow on you in normal fight. Even if you are on zero health and he lands a takedown on you, it will not kill you. You will spend most of the fight with virtually no health (as you will inevitably stuff up a couple of takedown counters) so this is very important.

My strategy went like this. Block (hold A) until you get the takedown sound and it tells you what button to press, try and counter with the right button (he will try and land a takedown on you every couple of seconds so be ready to maimise your chances of hitting the right button). If you are successful, take a small step towards him and then hit him with an XYX combo. Then as he is stumbling from those hits take another step forward and hit him with another XYX combo. Then get your block up and repeat. The only real variation to this is when you have enough adrenaline for a takedown. Use this when you get it but be careful not to try and use your takedown when he is about to try one on you as you will not be ready for counter and will get hurt.

The biggest thing in this battle is to maintain your concentration and keep countering his takedown attempts. This fight will take at least 10 minutes so it is a long time to concentrate that hard! Just stick to the strategy above and you will win in the end. Hope this helps a few people win the fight
Old 07-19-2010, 05:35 PM   #2
A J

Basket Casee's Gamercard
This boss is BS i cant even be bothered fighting him again ive failed 4 times and it is just ridiculous, whoever decided to make it tat hard and BS needs to die in RL.

Most Recent - Portal 2

100% Arcade Achievements(11):

Most Recent - Millionaire?

A J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 06:04 PM   #3
Sidish

Sidish's Gamercard
For me the professor was the worst, after over an hour of trying on him I finally beat him. After throwing my controller and a lot of swearing I had to come back to it and then I beat him my 2nd try. As for the last guy I got lucky and beat him like my 3rd try. I just defended until he tried a combo then I used the X + Y and yeah it took longer but I finally made it.
Sidish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 06:17 PM   #4
LilMissRoxy

Roxy x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase x360a Representer   GamerScore League Season 9 Winner   Bright Idea   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Donator - Level 3   1,000 Posts   Subscriber Uno - Third Place   Word of Mouth   Submit - Bronze   Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 10 (more» ...)
I just wanted to add that after landing a successful counter, I only used a combo when Jason would use a kick counter. Kick counters results in Jason being almost next to the boss. Punch counters you normally needed an extra step before you were close enough to combo. I found that taking a step after punch counters then attempting to combo got me kicked and counter combo'd too many times. I beat the final boss on assassin without being hit by only doing XY combo after a successful kick counter. Then block until the next successful kick counter. Hope that helps.

Last edited by LilMissRoxy; 10-03-2010 at 06:22 PM.
LilMissRoxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 09:58 PM   #5
Ostrodamus

OSTRODAMUS's Gamercard
I noticed that doing a takedown on a boss will increase your health a bit. I wait until I have full adrenline and then do 3 consecutive takedowns which boosts my health up noticeably.

I no longer have Looney Toons: AA (EUR). Please do not FR and message me anymore regarding it. ("Bugs' Bug" achievement passed on to: 18 gamers)
Ostrodamus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 12:57 AM   #6
HalfEVILmonkey

HalfEVILmonkey's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilMissRoxy View Post
I just wanted to add that after landing a successful counter, I only used a combo when Jason would use a kick counter. Kick counters results in Jason being almost next to the boss. Punch counters you normally needed an extra step before you were close enough to combo. I found that taking a step after punch counters then attempting to combo got me kicked and counter combo'd too many times. I beat the final boss on assassin without being hit by only doing XY combo after a successful kick counter. Then block until the next successful kick counter. Hope that helps.
What he says above is absolutely key. This is the best advice for beating bosses on Assassin.
Old 09-25-2011, 04:06 PM   #7
Rottweiler

i agree i used this when he got my life very low and it worked very well
and i loved the part i almost drowned him in the fountain :-)
Rottweiler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 08:11 PM   #8
SWAGGART
Banned User

ZIGGYTR0N's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Thanks for the tips Ill keep them in mind, I can tell its gonna be a hard fight.
SWAGGART is offline   Reply With Quote