PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 LIVE Arcade Games > Puzzle and Word > Hexic HD
Subscribe    Donate

Old 05-09-2011, 06:02 AM   #31
LoneWolf1RNA

AHNOLDPumpsIRON's Gamercard
for some reason the hexic info never loads grrrrrrr i got all the ach except pooh bah i had all 6 black pearls five lined up and one out of place then clustered three by accident so gay almost a million in marathon though ive tried to build a master grid but keep clustering by mistake ugh lol idk how ppl get so many multiplier for one color for their mmcs its hard
LoneWolf1RNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 11:53 AM   #32
theEVOL1

theEVOL1's Gamercard
Yes, unfortunately hexic.info is dead. The admins had pretty much abandoned it a while ago.

The best advice I can give you is patience. Nothing is forcing you to make moves, so double, triple, and quadruple check your moves before you pull the trigger. If for any reason you are not 100% confident that you will not cause a collapse, don't make a move. Hasty moves never got anyone this achievement.

As for multiplier farming, you MUST have a master grid, and it's advisable that you have it up in the first level before the stars begin to fall.

theEVOL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 03:51 PM   #33
MathGuy42

mathguy42's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Gold   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by theEVOL1 View Post
Yes, unfortunately hexic.info is dead. The admins had pretty much abandoned it a while ago.
I posted this in another thread, but thought it might be useful in this stickied thread since hexic.info is mentioned a lot.

Hexic.info is still available at
http://web.comhem.se/~u77401132/hexic/index.html
I imagine the owner just let the hexic.info DNS entry expire.

Also, I found these videos helpful:
Master Grid Pt 1

In the video, you can click the green annotation to get to Part 2. Then click the next annotation to see how to go from a Masters Grid to a Poobah.

Note: I did not make the videos. They were just ones I found which were most helpful to me.

Edit: Got the Poobah today. I only made the bottom 3 rows of the Masters Grid, then one more Star on the 4th row, on the left. I continued making stars there, moving them to safety down below. After a bomb, I would make a pearl and move it to the bottom left. (I waited until after a bomb since the pearl messes up some of your grid, giving you less control.)

I would then rebuild my 3/5th's grid and continue as above, making a pearl after a bomb. After the 5th pearl and moving it to the bottom left, I didn't bother rebuilding. Instead I made my 6th pearl in the bottom right area, moved it, and made the Poobah.

An extra piece of advice:
Get rid of colored star multiplier pieces. When combined with a bomb, every tile of that color will be wiped out, wreaking havoc on your grid. Only defuse a bomb with one as a last resort.

I still feel I got lucky. Most of my bombs were very easy to defuse.

Last edited by MathGuy42; 08-08-2011 at 03:19 PM.
MathGuy42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 08:08 PM   #34
MiguelangelO

Sgt Miicah's Gamercard
I got my final achievement (pooh-bah) today. I was pretty lucky, managed to do it without master grid too. I think I'm not gonna play Hexic for a while.
MiguelangelO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 02:04 AM   #35
Darth Maleval

Darth Maleval's Gamercard
I regret even starting this game. I think I had it for free when I got my Xbox or something. Little did I know then that two of the achievements would be next to impossible to achieve.

I've seen videos, tutorials, etc....but I just can't get the last two achievements (Grand Pearl Pooh-Bah and Big Cheese of the South Seas). I got my 10th achievement back in November of 2008. I've tried off and on since then to get the last two but no luck.

I just can't seem to set up a grid without it being destroyed somehow. The game is fun, but this makes me hate it because I can't finish.
Old 10-22-2011, 07:23 PM   #36
laptap123

LapTap1's Gamercard
Damn! I thought that this game i very easy. But when i saw almost impossible achievements, i changed my thought
laptap123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 04:27 AM   #37
Lady Firestorm

Lady Firestorm's Gamercard
Grand Pearl Pooh-Bah is one of those achievements that are great when you're home sick or with a broken leg. So.. I still may one day get this!
Lady Firestorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 01:00 PM   #38
Spazaz Man

Spazaz Man's Gamercard
Dang...these achievements are harder then i thought...gonna go for some of them today...wish me luck x)

Want a sig? Request one in my Gallery
"All great men have mustaches!" - Rod Kimble

Last edited by Spazaz Man; 07-04-2013 at 03:23 PM.
Spazaz Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 06:01 PM   #39
Hyuzeni Pattasan

HUKU177's Gamercard
I been 6 years (2007) I still had this game and today, I finally managed to unlocks Grand Pearl Pooh-Bah. It take lots of time and patients to create 6 black pearls and the time bombs are really annoyed. Then again, so lucky I got this.
Old 05-06-2014, 03:54 AM   #40
Broken Turtle

PERATHIANLORD35's Gamercard
Pah. I figured after 7 years I'd try to go for the last 2 cheevos...who was I kidding? Guess I lack the patience and aptitude. But I'll keep trying... Fun times...
Old 06-06-2014, 03:06 PM   #41
filoandre

killerfilo's Gamercard
i hate this game achievements .-.
filoandre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 09:23 PM   #42
Shommy

Dragon5layer55's Gamercard
This games achievements absolutely, ergghh!! I hate how they make arcade games with impossible achievements, then some full 360 games have super easy achievements.
Shommy is offline   Reply With Quote