Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > RPG > Dark Souls
Subscribe    Donate

Closed Thread

Old 10-19-2011, 06:25 PM   #31
Gackt
Banned User

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Gackt   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Gold   SOTF Winner   GSL 8 Winners   The Helping Hand   Bright Idea   Word of Mouth   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Bronze   Artist of the Month
Total Awards: 14 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by IDiivil View Post
Yeah... being human and running around Anor Londo showed zero for summon signs as well, and what little I saw ended up failing. Damn shame. It worked totally fine two nights ago for us

NEED PATCH.
lol Yes, this patch needs to happen quicker. Lately my bro and I have been able to see each others signs easily enough...but it is failing every time we try to summon!

edit: Been working great since last night, been finding my bro every time on the first try.

Last edited by Gackt; 10-20-2011 at 05:53 PM.
Old 10-21-2011, 10:41 AM   #32
AltruismIsDead

AltruismIsDead's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Don't know if this would be much help since I have be having some on and off luck with the techniques Gackt mentioned.

Anyways, I've been playing with numerous friends from both the US and UK, and as mentioned before sometimes Gackts methods work, but my theory is that once you place your summon symbol down and leave it down, it cycles the servers. (Kind of reminds me of Gears 2, constantly searching for match making)

I mainly tried this with my friend from the UK, he left his summon sign up without taking it off and putting it back down, and eventually I found it (given enough patience) and I know we both weren't on the same server.

Also another helpful hint is that the 1st time you connect is a pain, 2nd time is a little less longer, then after that just about every time we place down our summon signs the other player immediately sees them.

Of course this is all my theory, but obviously the best would be both being on the same server.
List of XBLA Games - Updated 9/5/11
150 Xbox 360 Retail Games Owned Social Group / X360A Exclusive Platinum Game Collectors
Old 10-21-2011, 02:58 PM   #33
ghost2112

Viking Kong X7's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by AltruismIsDead View Post
Don't know if this would be much help since I have be having some on and off luck with the techniques Gackt mentioned.

Anyways, I've been playing with numerous friends from both the US and UK, and as mentioned before sometimes Gackts methods work, but my theory is that once you place your summon symbol down and leave it down, it cycles the servers. (Kind of reminds me of Gears 2, constantly searching for match making)

I mainly tried this with my friend from the UK, he left his summon sign up without taking it off and putting it back down, and eventually I found it (given enough patience) and I know we both weren't on the same server.

Also another helpful hint is that the 1st time you connect is a pain, 2nd time is a little less longer, then after that just about every time we place down our summon signs the other player immediately sees them.

Of course this is all my theory, but obviously the best would be both being on the same server.
Interesting post. The Gears 2 reference causes me to wonder if connectability might be improved if you have the friend you are trying to connect with set as a preferred player. I know that helped in finding friends on the Gears 2 server. In fact, we would connect about 95% of the time. I don't know, just a thought. Maybe it wouldn't make any difference at all. At any rate, it would be nice if this could be made a bit more easy and consistent to achieve. I have a couple good friends that I would like to play this game with, one of whom is playing it right now.

Old 10-21-2011, 07:48 PM   #34
Gackt
Banned User

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Gackt   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Gold   SOTF Winner   GSL 8 Winners   The Helping Hand   Bright Idea   Word of Mouth   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Bronze   Artist of the Month
I dont know alot about servers and much of how they work but I believe the way this game is set up...you need to be on the same cluster as your friend.
Easy way to tell if you are is, stand around an area for a few moments and if your friend is on the same server as you...you will see a phantom of his character for 5 or 6 seconds(it slightly delayed, shows you what he/she was doing a few moments ago)
IF you can see them, you can summon them. Otherwise you are not on the same server and I am fairly sure there would be no way to summon at that point as the signs and msgs cycle around that cluster, not the entire game and all of its servers.
Old 10-21-2011, 10:23 PM   #35
Auburok

Send a message via Skype™ to Auburok

auburok's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gackt View Post
I dont know alot about servers and much of how they work but I believe the way this game is set up...you need to be on the same cluster as your friend.
Easy way to tell if you are is, stand around an area for a few moments and if your friend is on the same server as you...you will see a phantom of his character for 5 or 6 seconds(it slightly delayed, shows you what he/she was doing a few moments ago)
IF you can see them, you can summon them. Otherwise you are not on the same server and I am fairly sure there would be no way to summon at that point as the signs and msgs cycle around that cluster, not the entire game and all of its servers.
I can confirm this. I had a summon sign down for about an hour once, watching the sign on another xbox. We couldn't see each other's ghost images, and thus, couldn't see signs between the two of us. During times where we have to work to get the ghost images to show up again, the times where we replaced signs worked a LOT better than leaving a sign down.

Old 10-22-2011, 12:27 AM   #36
Gackt
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auburok View Post
I can confirm this. I had a summon sign down for about an hour once, watching the sign on another xbox. We couldn't see each other's ghost images, and thus, couldn't see signs between the two of us. During times where we have to work to get the ghost images to show up again, the times where we replaced signs worked a LOT better than leaving a sign down.
Just did some of this myself, had my sign down for a good hour but nothing was showing up. Not sure if this helped or not, but I quit a few times on each console and reloaded the characters and eventually they showed up together and summoning worked without issue. Again not sure if that helped cycle through different servers or not, but that was what I was doing at the time it happened lol.

I really wanted to get it to work because I wanted some help fighting Sif, little did I know 2 whole Crystal soulmass shots would kill him...lol. Almost wanna start over with a melee character because this magic stuff is making it to easy
Old 10-22-2011, 01:02 AM   #37
Auburok

auburok's Gamercard

Quote:
Just did some of this myself, had my sign down for a good hour but nothing was showing up. Not sure if this helped or not, but I quit a few times on each console and reloaded the characters and eventually they showed up together and summoning worked without issue. Again not sure if that helped cycle through different servers or not, but that was what I was doing at the time it happened lol.

I really wanted to get it to work because I wanted some help fighting Sif, little did I know 2 whole Crystal soulmass shots would kill him...lol. Almost wanna start over with a melee character because this magic stuff is making it to easy
Yeah, we've been reloading characters, too. That was one of the only ways we were able to see signs one night (though summoning failed).

Melee is definitely a challenge, especially in NG+. I have just the Four Kings before I can challenge Gwyn, and they obliterate me; not enough damage output this time around, so I get swarmed.

Old 10-22-2011, 04:55 PM   #38
smokevf

lxEPiCxBEASTxl's Gamercard
I had no problem on demons souls. It's the other way around for dark souls. I can't get in to my buddy's he can't get in to mine. Tried for 2 hours nothing! And you can privet chat on xbox lol. Idk maybe it was easier on ps3 cuz not to many ppl played it or it was better coop idk. If anyone finds a easier way let me know or keep the forum alive so we can figure this out.
Old 10-22-2011, 06:56 PM   #39
Auburok

auburok's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokevf View Post
I had no problem on demons souls. It's the other way around for dark souls. I can't get in to my buddy's he can't get in to mine. Tried for 2 hours nothing! And you can privet chat on xbox lol. Idk maybe it was easier on ps3 cuz not to many ppl played it or it was better coop idk. If anyone finds a easier way let me know or keep the forum alive so we can figure this out.
Huh? There's literally tons of info above your post on how to do it, and why it doesn't work sometimes.

Old 10-23-2011, 07:01 AM   #40
smokevf

lxEPiCxBEASTxl's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Auburok View Post
Huh? There's literally tons of info above your post on how to do it, and why it doesn't work sometimes.
What I ment was. If you's find a way to get it going right away. Im guessing because I just started dark souls it's hard to get my friend in cuz a lot of ppl are at my level demon souls was easy to find cuz me and my friend were at high levels so there wasn't too many to find with in my level cap
Old 10-23-2011, 07:04 AM   #41
paulodawkins

Almeida Brazil's Gamercard
cool

thx for the explanation
Old 10-23-2011, 09:18 AM   #42
Auburok

auburok's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokevf View Post
What I ment was. If you's find a way to get it going right away. Im guessing because I just started dark souls it's hard to get my friend in cuz a lot of ppl are at my level demon souls was easy to find cuz me and my friend were at high levels so there wasn't too many to find with in my level cap
This way is the only way. Find a secluded area. Be as close to each other's soul level (the closer, the better we found). Cycle the sign every few minutes. If you see an apparition someone standing around, and you picked a secluded area, chances are it's your friend. At that point, you just have to cycle until you see each other. Takes anywhere from 5 - 20 minutes, depending on servers. Past that, and you should wait on it.

Old 10-25-2011, 03:26 PM   #43
Gackt
Banned User

Where is the patch already!? lol
I spent 45minutes the other day infront of a boss door where there were summon signs popping up all over the place and every single one I tried, failed. Even my forest covenant summons are failing lol.
This is really killing the game for alot of people.
Old 10-25-2011, 09:02 PM   #44
Echilion

Quote:
Where is the patch already!? lol
I spent 45minutes the other day infront of a boss door where there were summon signs popping up all over the place and every single one I tried, failed. Even my forest covenant summons are failing lol.
This is really killing the game for alot of people.
I hate P2P

Demons Souls worked so much better with dedicated servers. I believe the publisher pays for the servers, so I blame NamcoBandai for being cheap.
Old 10-25-2011, 11:00 PM   #45
HITMAN 629

HITMAN 629's Gamercard
If I may, it is completey possible to get into a game with a friend Ive done it a couple times. But it only works if it wants to, if you get into a friends game or vice versa then you really dont want to turn off your system untill your completey done with coop for the day. From my experience, when you get into a game once you should have no probelms getting back into that persons game. Hope that helps & I agree with everybody talking about patches (it needs one bad lol)

Last edited by HITMAN 629; 10-25-2011 at 11:00 PM. Reason: Spellcheck
Old 10-26-2011, 03:49 PM   #46
grimfaerie

Send a message via AIM to grimfaerie

grimfaerie's Gamercard
i wish they fixed the summon on this faster with the patch. i'm on new game + and i need a tank soldier for smough + orstein xD i need to beat the lightning dude on stage 2 now, (did smough last first time) for his soul v.v and he's a nightmare rofl.
Old 10-28-2011, 06:52 AM   #47
J4ckyb0y1

Ix J4ckyb0y xI's Gamercard
Friend from Scotland and I (west coats USA) tried to summon each other the other day. We spoted each others ghosts, but summoning failed both ways on a couple attempts. Only got a couple tries to summon as it took too damn long just to get the signs to show up in each others games.
Old 10-31-2011, 03:37 PM   #48
Gackt
Banned User

Ok so I summoned a guy yesterday who was level 436...with my level 21. I am not that good at math but... that does not appear to be 10 levels or 10%. lol
Old 11-01-2011, 09:43 PM   #49
Zeylex

Zeylex's Gamercard
one of my friends could join my game and he was 15 lvls under me.
Old 11-02-2011, 02:30 PM   #50
xMANNY FRE5Hx

xMANNY FRE5Hx's Gamercard
The multi-player aspect of the game worked pretty damn good last night. I was able to summon my two friends anywhere at will & I must have gotten invaded over 10 times. After soooooo many hours of unsuccessfully trying to co-op, it was nice to finally play with my buddies.
Old 11-04-2011, 12:08 PM   #51
Enki GT

Enki GT's Gamercard
I don't know if it was just my imagination but I think I saw much more summoning-signs yesterday evening .. hope it will be even more with the patch.
Old 11-28-2011, 06:41 PM   #52
Gackt
Banned User

If anyone still playing this finds something wrong with my original post let me know so I can edit it(I don't have the game anymore). And of course ill credit you with any new correct info.
Old 12-05-2011, 04:51 PM   #53
Quid Squid

elKamikazeSquid's Gamercard

how does the final battle work with co-op?

seems to be that is there are two of you the person summoning beats the boss and goes onto NG+ while the person summoned is left behind to defeat the boss again with randoms or by themself. Is this right?
Old 12-17-2011, 06:16 PM   #54
I CR0W I

I CR0W I's Gamercard
When you beat the boss you have to do something to trigger the end of the game, the summonedp layer just goes home when the boss dies as per usual while the host player is left in the boss room to make his choice.
DORITOS DASH OF DESTRUCTION

I AM GR8 @ GAEMS
Old 12-25-2011, 05:16 AM   #55
Quid Squid

elKamikazeSquid's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by I CR0W I View Post
When you beat the boss you have to do something to trigger the end of the game, the summonedp layer just goes home when the boss dies as per usual while the host player is left in the boss room to make his choice.
Right, so the summoned player has to do it on their own with no way of summoning the other player because they have to trigger the ending. I assume there's no place in the room to lay a summon sign to help the person that helped you.
Old 01-02-2012, 11:51 AM   #56
I CR0W I

I CR0W I's Gamercard
Once you leave the boss door you get one of the endings.

If anyone is between SL1-20 at any point in the game and needs some co-op help I can add you on my "proper" account. I can't do the Tomb of the Giants yet though.
DORITOS DASH OF DESTRUCTION

I AM GR8 @ GAEMS
Old 01-17-2012, 07:05 AM   #57
PAC0 IS ME

Send a message via Skype™ to PAC0 IS ME

PACO IS ME's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Can anyone help me beat Ornstein and Smough, i'm only in my first playthrough and I cannot for the life of me beat these guys!

Gamertag - PACO IS ME

Thanks to Kel555222 for the Sweet Sig!

Check out my gaming blog! go-get-good.tumblr.com
Old 01-26-2012, 10:39 AM   #58
Dark Anaconda

I hope you guys can help me with this question.

1) If you summon a friend , can you "level" up together?

Do you know what i mean with that? In Online Role Playing Games you can make a party with somebody ( In Game Party) and if you kill a monster ,everybody in the In-Game Party will get experience points.

I want to know if this concept is in Dark Souls too
Old 01-27-2012, 05:37 PM   #59
Alcagoita

Sir Alcagoita's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Anaconda View Post
I hope you guys can help me with this question.

1) If you summon a friend , can you "level" up together?

Do you know what i mean with that? In Online Role Playing Games you can make a party with somebody ( In Game Party) and if you kill a monster ,everybody in the In-Game Party will get experience points.

I want to know if this concept is in Dark Souls too
Yes, but the phantom player will gain (aprox) half the souls. Doesn't matter if you kill or the phantom, allways half souls for him.

Old 01-27-2012, 07:45 PM   #60
Dark Anaconda

Alright ,so is it possible to join a friend who is really far in the game ( and in a place where he can farm a shitload of souls) and level up with him together?

I would like to do that if this is possible, but i don`t know how.
Closed Thread