PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooters > Battlefield 3
Subscribe    Donate

Old 10-26-2011, 01:36 AM   #61
HugTheBear

FuzzyDonkeyLegs's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
1) Online Pass.. Can't blame Dice though, that's EA, greedy bastards!

2) The new engine/graphics were pretty over-rated (graphics aren't that important to me though, I only mention it because of how much hype the engine and graphics got).

3) VERY short campaign.

4) The story reminds me A LOT of--- Dare I say it???-- Black Ops!... Kind of unoriginal....

Buying the Online Pass tomorrow, hopefully the MP lives up to the hype.

Oh, & judging by the complaints about the servers (and my history with other EA servers) I'm sure that will be my 5th complaint soon.
HugTheBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 02:26 AM   #62
CIF

BloodngunsMrphy's Gamercard
Enemies are apparently impervious to bullets when they're taking cover behind something.

Also, Not on My Watch not unlocking like it should. It's like If They Come to Hear Me Beg, but at least that one was only 15s MAX for each retry....

edit: It's like EVERY ENEMY HAS A FUCKING SNIPER RIFLE. I've given up trying for The Professional on Hard, but now I die immediately after coming out of the building from ONE BULLET.
Being prone for 10-20 minutes at a time to stay alive =/= fun.

Last edited by CIF; 10-26-2011 at 02:54 AM.
CIF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 02:56 AM   #63
MeonOner
Banned User

MeonOne's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Road Map - Platinum   Achievement Guide - Platinum   Referrals - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
im so mad on how i waited till mid night for this game.
ive installed the game to my hard drive / hd , cause apparently it makes the game better and run smoother. BULLSHIT.
i dont unlock any achievement when they are suppose to.
i try to go online and the game just freezes on me on the loading screen.
like what the fuck!
i am not happy with this game anymore and its so frustrating. all this amazing technology and game now are coming out with more glitches and problems than ever.
shit id rather play my n64.
MeonOner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 03:00 AM   #64
Wildmn34

Wildmn34's Gamercard

I really wish I had some way of capturing on video what happened tonight.

**campaign spoilers for those that care **

I was on the level towards the end of the game where you are in the group of three russians rushing up the hill to captures that guy.

I'm running up the hill and get the sniper rifle to cover my two buddies. Shoot one guy, shoot another, third guys runs around a planter and I head shot him and he shoots right up into the air. Just gone, like he was sucked up in a vacuum.

I shoot two more guys and get ready to get on the steps and his body lands behind me and scared the crap out of me.
Old 10-26-2011, 03:28 AM   #65
CIF

BloodngunsMrphy's Gamercard
I replayed the first level on Easy to get Not on My Watch (worked, yeah), but now I have to do AN ENTIRE LEVEL OVER on Hard to get it to work on Thunder Run. WTF holy shit
Old 10-26-2011, 03:48 AM   #66
sparhawk2007

sparhawk2007's Gamercard
Geometry seems to be off in some areas. Playing "Drop Em Like Liquid" co-op my buddy and I failed multiple times because we couldn't shoot the bad guys in the buses or in the embassy at times. We would have a COMPLETELY clear shot with nothing but window glass in the way. Crosshairs dead on their head, 5 rounds down range the they wouldn't even flinch. It was always the in the right hand bus, guy on the left and second guy from the right at the embassy. Seemed really buggy and pissed us off to no end. I've heard there was a day 1 patch for PC that fixes a lot of issues complained about in this thread, but it's not out for Xbox or PS3 yet. Hopefully it will come out QUICKLY! OH, FYI...the patch for Xbox on day 1 was the HD content, not the patch for the PC I just mentioned.
sparhawk2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 03:58 AM   #67
HugTheBear

FuzzyDonkeyLegs's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparhawk2007 View Post
Geometry seems to be off in some areas. Playing "Drop Em Like Liquid" co-op my buddy and I failed multiple times because we couldn't shoot the bad guys in the buses or in the embassy at times. We would have a COMPLETELY clear shot with nothing but window glass in the way. Crosshairs dead on their head, 5 rounds down range the they wouldn't even flinch. It was always the in the right hand bus, guy on the left and second guy from the right at the embassy. Seemed really buggy and pissed us off to no end. I've heard there was a day 1 patch for PC that fixes a lot of issues complained about in this thread, but it's not out for Xbox or PS3 yet. Hopefully it will come out QUICKLY! OH, FYI...the patch for Xbox on day 1 was the HD content, not the patch for the PC I just mentioned.

I've noticed this too.. So much for that "AWESOME destructible environment" lol. It gets demolished but there's still an invisible barrier there. Yeah, real cool! lol
HugTheBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 04:19 AM   #68
Bajan Elite
Banned User

Bajan Elite's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by GaussCannon View Post
You better get use to it, most games are going to start making online passes. It is to cut down on renting and used games, they want people to buy their games.
Then they shouldn't send their games to companies like gamefly for rent. Online passes aren't the problem, its the lack of free trials. MOH had a 7 day trial, why couldn't this game?
Bajan Elite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 04:26 AM   #69
QuasidodoJr

QuasidodoJr's Gamercard

Awards Showcase x360a Book Club
My single player campaign appears to be broken. During Operation Guillotine, as you and an ally head around to the back of a building and go to climb up a fire escape, I keep getting stuck at the top of the ladder where I can't go up or down. I can move my view around, but I'm stuck. Tried reloading the checkpoint three times, keeps doing the same thing. Tried turning the game off, and continuing my progress. Still messed up. I really hope I don't have to restart the mission.
QuasidodoJr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 04:28 AM   #70
Septic

SepticSchizo's Gamercard
Battlefield 4 Trailer. Why can't they release this game now and not 2017. Bastards.

Septic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 04:30 AM   #71
Bajan Elite
Banned User

Bajan Elite's Gamercard
So its safe to say this game is very problematic. I hope I get lucky and have no probs with singleplayer since that's all i can play seeing as there is no free trial for MP. I'm not gonna pay gamefly to rent games and then pay EA just so I can play the MP for this game. My plan was to play SP, play MP for a few days(if there was a trial) and send it back so GF can send me The new Lord of the rings game.
Bajan Elite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 04:59 AM   #72
KnightOfTruth

Slye Knight's Gamercard
Just not enjoying this game at all yet. Not the multiplayer, not the single player - the co-op perhaps a little, but after playing BC1 & 2 so much this just feels and looks like COD to me... maybe after a few more days it'll grow on me?

Currently looking for Online Boosting help with:
Mortal Kombat vs. DC, SSFIV, BF:BC1, AC:Brotherhood
(if you see a game in my played list, I can probably still help you with it)
KnightOfTruth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 05:12 AM   #73
JasonBlade

I JAS0N BLAD3 I's Gamercard
the campaign sucks...period....now on the mp yea i have been booted from games & eaonline has cut me off. Now you all need to remember that this is the first day bf3 has been out & maybe ea wasn't ready. The servers could be getting fixed & be getting more servers...patience.
JasonBlade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 05:13 AM   #74
I King Pin 0

ShowMeKing's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1   Word of Mouth   Submit - Bronze
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildmn34 View Post
I head shot him and he shoots right up into the air. Just gone, like he was sucked up in a vacuum.

I shoot two more guys and get ready to get on the steps and his body lands behind me and scared the crap out of me.
I had this happen to me too! I was thinking WTF but then I saw his body on the ground shortly after and didn't think much of it.

Top Ten
9th in the World to 1k UFC Undisputed 2009

No shame, All gain.
April 11, 2009

GamerScore League Record:
GSL 4 - Mystery Gamer
GSL 5 - 2nd Place (Achieve Elite)
GSL 6 - 2nd Place (Young Guns)
GSL 7 - 3rd Place (Young Guns)

I King Pin 0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 05:20 AM   #75
RIOT HAVOC

ITRUEI LEGEND's Gamercard
The fucking checkpoints on single player... Im on the missions with the tanks on Hard and i'm at the point where I climb out of the tank and have to go detonate the explosive. They start yelling out run we will cover you so i do and immediately I'm shot and killed. I redo this like 20 times before i finally get the explosive and run back. They tell me good job and I go to climb in the tank AND IM SHOT AND KILLED FROM GOD KNOWS WHERE. I had to redo everything again... This has happened countless times so far.
Old 10-26-2011, 05:27 AM   #76
Jumnious

Send a message via MSN to Jumnious

the Jummy's Gamercard
Campaign sucks - glitches, checkpoints, getting sniped by shotguns, AI ALWAYS knows where I am at, inconsistent deaths... sometimes I'm Rambo and sometimes I'm glass, and very weak story plot.

Campaign is 7/10 with only graphics giving it that 7.

Multiplayer? I don't know... I can't play due to many connection issues. EA once again dropped the ball and brag about how much money they are making. Shows that their loyalty is to our wallets and not for our entertainment and giving customer support.

What I have played all I can think of is 'If it isn't broken, don't change it.' They slaughtered BF2 and those familiar with BC2. Its CoD on a larger scale and instead of killstreaks you have vehicles.

Jumnious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 06:29 AM   #77
DEATHGRIPS

DEATHGRIPS's Gamercard
i cant even play single player every time i try to start it up it keeps showing me the beginning and thats it
DEATHGRIPS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 06:38 AM   #78
TAI JASON

TAI JASON's Gamercard

lol

- i got NO connection errors, Battlelog: works, Onlinegaming: works, Lags: No

- online pass...please guys we discuss this EVERY F*CKING game. Buy the game, you get the pass, if you canīt bring up some money...stop drinking, smoking, party...if you wonīt do this, then stop playing games...i donīt have a lot of money, but i can buy 2 brandnew games every month without problems

- if you die in the campaign on hard, then itīs your fault. I mean you need 6 ours to complete the game on hard and you bitching, that you die from time to time...i mean WOW

- i got no glitches and freezes till now

My bitching is, that the number of players (24) feels low on the big maps.
TAI JASON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 07:08 AM   #79
fastNcurious

So far, my major gripe is friendly AIs who push me out of cover. Why can't developers program it better so that if I'm already using something as cover, an AI doesn't grab it and push me out into the open?

Also, kinda tired of all these military FPS games being so scripted. I want to see a modern warfare RPG, with a pretty open world, skills/abilities to rank up, etc.
fastNcurious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 07:20 AM   #80
VELVETxASSASSIN

Ms Velvet's Gamercard
Why is there no hardcore mode?
Old 10-26-2011, 07:46 AM   #81
exsiben

exosiben's Gamercard
Apparently servers must be down again. Got one match in. This blows.

Btw the manual is in extras in the menu, and it clearly states this on that stupid insert in the box.
exsiben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 07:54 AM   #82
Scary 6ary

Scary 6ary's Gamercard
Extremely disappointing! Can’t establish a connection for multiplayer, so can’t even comment on that. Campaign has proven to be extremely disappointing, starting with a boring story that fails to provide even the slightest incentive to continue playing it through to its final resolution. Useless AI teammates forced me to become a one man army as they callously soaked up bullets and pushed me out of cover. Melee system is a joke and the hit detection seems to be a bit off, granting enemies partially behind cover invincibility and allowing some obvious headshots to clip right through the enemies at times. Towards the end of the campaign, there was an incident where an enemy clipped through the wall a stabbed me- fucking ridiculous!
Scary 6ary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 08:22 AM   #83
MediumMelanin

Location: The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

A Small Breeze's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
I hate that the knife becomes equipped when I try to knife someone and a couple of times. I hate how the game shows some green screen flickers sometimes, very few times. Also, there seems to be some misc. glitches.

pixels
MediumMelanin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 08:31 AM   #84
iBuzz7S

Why So Jealous's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze   Donator - Level 2
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
So the campaign isn't their strong point.....

How does something so visible get ignored?
Old 10-26-2011, 09:46 AM   #85
Kraderic
Banned User

Now I can sleep happy knowing I cancelled my BF3 preorder shortly after they released the beta, a beta that seemed to not do a thing considering how much problems they're having on their end. talk about a pointless endeavor.
Kraderic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 10:05 AM   #86
Mikekips

Send a message via MSN to Mikekips

Mikekips's Gamercard
I know it's supposed to be "realistic" but that dumb fucking glare from flashlights and red dots is retarded. I understand from close up or in a dark room but when I'm on a level during the day outside and it glares up it seems stupid or to go a step further shouldn't have existed.

Other than that im just trying to get into MP because I don't really enjoy it much yet like BC 1 and 2. Sniping does suck and of course you have the team of 6 snipers camping but that's how it goes.
Mikekips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 12:53 PM   #87
sicklyplague

SicklyPlague's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Bronze   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Community Gaming - Bronze   XBA Promoter   1,000 Posts
My only complaint is that i may have wasted my money on an utterly broken game. oh well guess i can go back and finish some more games in my backlog while they hopefully fix this.

Thanks to MabusScarab for the Sig!
sicklyplague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 12:57 PM   #88
WickedD365

Send a message via Yahoo to WickedD365

WickedD365's Gamercard
FIX YOUR FUCKING SERVERS EA!
I was only able to play 2 complete matches last night. Every other game ended in disconnect or server fail. Then when all my friends get online, the entire EA server system fails. Nobody could connect.
I gave up and played Batman.

Other than the servers I LOVE this game. CoD is dead to me now.
Old 10-26-2011, 01:03 PM   #89
TAI JASON

TAI JASON's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kraderic View Post
Now I can sleep happy knowing I cancelled my BF3 preorder shortly after they released the beta, a beta that seemed to not do a thing considering how much problems they're having on their end. talk about a pointless endeavor.

You donīt know the game and just because you read some bitching about things that can be done with a patch (server, connection, controll bugs), you connect the full version of the game with the beta...pointless.
TAI JASON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 01:41 PM   #90
Opiate42

Location: Canada, likely stuck in a snowdrift...with no shovel

Opiate42's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Silver   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Submit - Bronze   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - DEG23   Over Achiever - Bronze   5,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
Boring Campaign and MP server disconnects

Quote:
Originally Posted by CGPsaint View Post
"You have lost connection to the session."

Need I fucking say anymore?
No. LOL!! This is annoying.

I have two gripes.
  1. as saint stated above because I actually am enjoying the MP (Conquest!!). But for the game toted as being the best mega-awesome MP game of the fucking universe they sure as hell aren't doing much to actually let us play it.
  2. is that I'm not even an MP guy, generally not a fan and prefer campaigns over PvP modes. But am playing the MP more (or trying to without getting that F-ing server disconnect message) because the single player campaign in a word is fucking BORING.

"Hit it"

Last edited by Opiate42; 10-26-2011 at 01:44 PM.
Opiate42 is offline   Reply With Quote