PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooters > Gears of War 3
Subscribe    Donate

Old 10-26-2011, 08:47 PM   #1081
DoomedChaosky

DoomedChaosky's Gamercard
can someone tell me if for idle execution/warzone matches it needs to be 1 or 2 minute matches?
DoomedChaosky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 09:54 PM   #1082
mR Blak

tha biak death's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoomedChaosky View Post
can someone tell me if for idle execution/warzone matches it needs to be 1 or 2 minute matches?
one minute matches.
mR Blak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 09:54 PM   #1083
GGL Veritas

ggl veritas's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schaafy View Post
Plug in a second controller and you set it to:

Round Score:10
Round Time Limit:3
Bots:2
Bot Difficulty:Insane
Weapon Respawn:After Use

2 idle vs. 2 bots
Set all weapons to boomshot.
About how many games do you complete per hour with these settings?? I haven't started idling for wingman yet, but this looks good.
GGL Veritas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 10:24 PM   #1084
Awcky

awcky's Gamercard
Well my race for seriously 3.0 ends here. My disc drive broke on my xbox and ive tried switching drives and stuff but i can't seem to figure it out. so now all i have is my dashboard. So ill start back up again once they put gears of war 3 up on games on demand to download. right now its gears 2. so ill probably download reach for now until then.

good luck
Awcky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 10:32 PM   #1085
Schaafy

schaafy's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by GGL Veritas View Post
About how many games do you complete per hour with these settings?? I haven't started idling for wingman yet, but this looks good.
You get about 6-8 matches an hour depending on maps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mR Blak View Post
one minute matches.
It depends, if you want last man out ribbons for that medal, you're better off with 2 minute rounds, the matches will take a little longer, but overall less stalemates and more last man out.
Old 10-27-2011, 01:17 AM   #1086
Akumario

Find the model of your DVD drive and Replace the board with the one you own right now, Put on on Place and there you go , Fix DVD drive. You can find them on ebay...
Akumario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 01:21 AM   #1087
xSkullReaper93x

xSkullReaper93x's Gamercard
This guide was and is very helpfull i have like 20 onyx medals so far tthanks for the guide
xSkullReaper93x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 01:58 AM   #1088
DoomedChaosky

DoomedChaosky's Gamercard
for those who have done idle boosting ¿how much do you paid for your electric bill? and how many nights took you to earn Warzone/Execution/Last man out onyx?
DoomedChaosky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 02:06 AM   #1089
iTz x Ch4o5

l C H A 0 S l's Gamercard
Does anyone have the medal 'Big Money' onyxed? If so, do you have a good method to do it?
Old 10-27-2011, 02:53 AM   #1090
the real a 0bsolete

A 0bsolete's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by iTz x Ch4o5 View Post
Does anyone have the medal 'Big Money' onyxed? If so, do you have a good method to do it?
i could have it by now, i am waiting for the DLC though. i hear the fastest way is to play a boss wave on casual with super active enabled, and let the last enemy kill you so you can replay it. i have been doing it legitimately though. i enjoy horde.
the real a 0bsolete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 03:43 AM   #1091
iTz x Ch4o5

l C H A 0 S l's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by the real a 0bsolete View Post
i could have it by now, i am waiting for the DLC though. i hear the fastest way is to play a boss wave on casual with super active enabled, and let the last enemy kill you so you can replay it. i have been doing it legitimately though. i enjoy horde.
Yeah same here, I just feel like people are getting pissed because I get most of the kills in the silverback :P
Old 10-27-2011, 04:53 AM   #1092
hamster3

hamster3 3's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schaafy View Post
Plug in a second controller and you set it to:

Round Score:10
Round Time Limit:3
Bots:2
Bot Difficulty:Insane
Weapon Respawn:After Use

2 idle vs. 2 bots
Set all weapons to boomshot.
Last night I had it set to:

10 Score
2 Min Limit
1 Round
1 Bot

Vs 2 idle controllers, the bot gets 3 kills per round that way (I don't know why lol). I got 5.888888 round played per hour that way, ill try it vs 2 bots while im at work.
hamster3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 05:39 AM   #1093
Schaafy

schaafy's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by hamster3 View Post
Last night I had it set to:

10 Score
2 Min Limit
1 Round
1 Bot

Vs 2 idle controllers, the bot gets 3 kills per round that way (I don't know why lol). I got 5.888888 round played per hour that way, ill try it vs 2 bots while im at work.
2 bots is better, because if one doesnt rush the other most likely will and the 3rd point is for them surviving the round, also the time limit can be either 2 or 3, i just prefer 3, less rounds with no scoring.
Old 10-27-2011, 11:16 AM   #1094
xXbDgXxWicked

xXbDgXxAssassin's Gamercard
Im idle boosting Warzone when i go to sleep and im wondering if i have the settings right because I go to sleep for like 6 hours or so and have about 100-200 warzone matches is that right or is something not working right?

Rounds:1
Time limit:2
Fill
Insane
Bleedout:5
Friendly Fire:On
xXbDgXxWicked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 12:18 PM   #1095
eyepullout

eyepull0ut's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by xXbDgXxWicked View Post
Im idle boosting Warzone when i go to sleep and im wondering if i have the settings right because I go to sleep for like 6 hours or so and have about 100-200 warzone matches is that right or is something not working right?

Rounds:1
Time limit:2
Fill
Insane
Bleedout:5
Friendly Fire:On
100-200 is a pretty vague range but, for me it averages about 30 an hour with your same settings. I just make weapons boom shots as well to try speed it up, but haven't any experiments or results saying that helps.
eyepullout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 03:26 PM   #1096
Corvus 6

corvus 6's Gamercard
Maximizing Earning Points towards Onyx Medals: Part 1

I joined this site just to be able to add to this incredibly helpful thread.

Maximizing Earning Points towards Onyx Medals: Part 1
Adding on to Easy Captor/Pistols/Headshots

The reason I am writing this tutorial is to add on to existing tutorials to increase the boosting potential, make boosting a little less monotonous, and hopefully speed up the work on multiple Onyx Medals instead of just 2 or 3 at a time.

First things first, I need to give credit to NikkeSWE / Nikke84 for this great thread:

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=330268

And for this great video:

http://youtu.be/BHL8wjPji18

What is needed?
  • Gears of War 3
  • 1st Controller w/ Primary Profile
  • 2nd Controller w/ Guest Profile
Tutorial:
  1. First you will need to watch the linked video by NikkeSWE for the basic idea of what we are working on. (Note: Pay close attention to the line that he draws in the video from the end of the sandbags to the front corner of the car. This is where the spawn trigger is located; crossing this line forces the spawn point to move to the other side of the map. This trigger location is the same on both sides of the map.)
  2. Start a Private Versus TDM Match with Respawns set to 35, Rounds set to 15, and no bots.
  3. Select Hotel as your map and set all weapon pickups to the Boltok Pistol.
  4. When you first start the map Roadie Run and pick up all three of the Boltok Pistols at the front of the Hotel (2 are in the corner gardens by the spawn triggers, and then 1 is in the middle of the street). Doing so will max out your ammunition carrying capacity (42 Rounds). You should end up at the Spawn Trigger after grabbing the 3 Boltok Pistols and looking at your opponent on 2nd Controller standing at his spawn point. Make sure to move your player on 1st Controller to behind the Spawn point Trigger between the sandbags and the car.
  5. Switch to 2nd Controller and Roadie Run over to 1st Controllers location.
  6. But first switch out to your smoke grenade and plant it at the back corner of the car farthest from the sandbags. The reason for placing it to the rear of the car is so that the smoke won’t obstruct the view of the Spawn Point once it goes off.
  7. Switch back to 1st Controller and shoot the planted grenade.
  8. Pistol whip your opponent 3 times to get them to go down, press X and pick them up as a meatshield.
  9. At this point your opponent should always respawn in their original spawn location. From where you stand you should be able to lock on target by pulling the Left Trigger, make sure to Click your Left Stick to Spot them, Click Right Stick to zoom in and get a headshot using only 2 rounds, active reload between deaths, rinse and repeat until your ammo is gone.
  10. Once you are out of ammo and before your opponent respawns at this spawn point snap your meatshields neck by pressing X, cross the spawn trigger and wait there until your opponent spawns at the other spawn point. Doing so makes it so you only have to Roadie Run back to that end picking up the same 3 Boltok Pistols along the way.
  11. Once there switch controllers and Roadie Run your opponent on 2nd Controller over to your location between the sandbags and car, remember to plant another grenade.
  12. Switch back to 1st Controller, shoot the grenade, take your opponent as a meatshield again, and continue to get headshots and active reloads until the final minute timer displays at the top of the screen.
  13. Once the timer has started I have found that you can get at maximum 3 or 4 more headshot kills. So instead of wasting all that ammo you picked up start firing off a single round and active reloading over and over while you are waiting for the respawn to happen.
  14. When you get down to the last 5 seconds on the timer snap the neck of your meatshield.
  15. Continue doing this for the remaining 14 rounds. You should be able to get a minimum of 25 headshot pistol based kills per round.
What does this accomplish?
The numbers below are a minimum, which means it is possible for you to achieve more than that depending on how fast you are and how good you are at getting headshots with the least amount of bullets. The respawn / respawn protection timer varies which also effects the ending numbers. Active Reloads should be higher than 375 if you were able to use up your remaining ammo in the last minute of each round.

25 Headshots X 15 Rounds = 375 Headshots per Match
25 Pistol Kills X 15 Rounds = 375 Pistols per Match
25 Active Reloads X 15 Rounds = 375 Active Reloads per Match +
25 Spotters X 15 Rounds = 375 Spotters per Match
25 Captor X 15 Rounds = 375 Captors per Match
25 Special Teams X 15 Rounds = 375 Special Teams per Match
2 Finishers X 15 Rounds = 30 Finishers per Match
2 Sappers X 15 Rounds = 30 Sappers per Match

Plus you should also get for going the 15 Rounds:
1 Match Winner
1 TDM

Unfortunately, since a non-filled match doesn’t give out ribbons this misses out on getting at least 6 Covered per match.

Hopefully this helps a few people maximize their boosting.

Last edited by Corvus 6; 10-28-2011 at 03:12 PM. Reason: Corrected info for Special Teams.
Corvus 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 03:49 PM   #1097
M V P BOANERPRO

M V P ACHILLES's Gamercard
best way to boost only game type warzone/execution is
2 controllers. 1 bot(casual/insane doesn't matter)

time: 1 min
bot: 1
difficutly: any

and put bot on your team so 1P+bot vs 2P
now since you have 2players(1P+bot) on your team you'll always win when the time runs out (1min). even tho the bot doesn't kill 2P.

WARNING: this is not good method if you are also going for last man standing. which i highly recommend you should go for last man standing if you are going for warzone/exection/tdm
M V P BOANERPRO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 06:37 PM   #1098
xXbDgXxWicked

xXbDgXxAssassin's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by eyepullout View Post
100-200 is a pretty vague range but, for me it averages about 30 an hour with your same settings. I just make weapons boom shots as well to try speed it up, but haven't any experiments or results saying that helps.
Yeah wish I could have been more accurate but i wasnt sure how many I had before i started
xXbDgXxWicked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 08:01 PM   #1099
Awcky

awcky's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akumario View Post
Find the model of your DVD drive and Replace the board with the one you own right now, Put on on Place and there you go , Fix DVD drive. You can find them on ebay...

I fixed it, just replaced the laser. I was about to change the circuit boards but i instead tried just swapping the laser.

Thanks.
Awcky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 08:23 PM   #1100
MaximumGamer

RAIMAXIMUM's Gamercard
I have a doubt, yesterday I played offline, because I had trouble connecting, I played versus mode against bots, I kill the gnasher 1100, I now live in the log and saw that not only had 440kill and had some medals I won yesterday .. you can not win offline?? Epic sucks, sorry for my bad English
Old 10-27-2011, 08:34 PM   #1101
Corvus 6

corvus 6's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaximumGamer View Post
I have a doubt, yesterday I played offline, because I had trouble connecting, I played versus mode against bots, I kill the gnasher 1100, I now live in the log and saw that not only had 440kill and had some medals I won yesterday .. you can not win offline?? Epic sucks, sorry for my bad English
Are you saying you had 1100 kills and it only registered 440 kills with the Gnasher? Are you sure you had that many kills and not only part of them due to assists? Or possibly towards other medals? Perfect example: using the Gnasher execution counts towards the Finisher Medal, not the Gnasher Medal.

I only ask because if it didn't register your kills it sounds like a glitch. I had like 2.5 days a week or so ago that I was stuck without internet and all of my stats from private matches were adding up as they should.
Old 10-27-2011, 08:43 PM   #1102
MaximumGamer

RAIMAXIMUM's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corvus 6 View Post
Are you saying you had 1100 kills and it only registered 440 kills with the Gnasher? Are you sure you had that many kills and not only part of them due to assists? Or possibly towards other medals? Perfect example: using the Gnasher execution counts towards the Finisher Medal, not the Gnasher Medal.

I only ask because if it didn't register your kills it sounds like a glitch. I had like 2.5 days a week or so ago that I was stuck without internet and all of my stats from private matches were adding up as they should.

before starting to play yesterday I had 440 gnasher kill in lvl 40 .. then q I finished the game with 1100kill, lvl 41 and won 2medalhas, a mark no other enemies and remember today when they log was missing and what 440kill had before, lvl40, etc.
Old 10-27-2011, 09:39 PM   #1103
SchiZoPHreNiikz

SchiZoPHreNiikz's Gamercard
Starting Warzone idle boosting...
this is going to be fun C:
Old 10-27-2011, 10:20 PM   #1104
Corvus 6

corvus 6's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by SchiZoPHreNiikz View Post
Starting Warzone idle boosting...
this is going to be fun C:
The Warzone Matches go fairly quickly on overnight boosting...with one major exception...Sandbar. For some reason that map just sucks when it comes up in the rotation. It's as if the bots have no clue where the two main spawn points are on that map and it takes them forever to find you. I wish when setting up a private match you could specify which maps you wanted in the rotation and be able to leave out the ones you don't. The execution matches go the fastest...I had them done in just a few nights of boosting. Dreading Wingman...
Old 10-27-2011, 10:30 PM   #1105
Corvus 6

corvus 6's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaximumGamer View Post
before starting to play yesterday I had 440 gnasher kill in lvl 40 .. then q I finished the game with 1100kill, lvl 41 and won 2medalhas, a mark no other enemies and remember today when they log was missing and what 440kill had before, lvl40, etc.
Sounds to me like the game glitched or bugged out on you. I have seen other posts around here and on the Epic Forums to contact Epic about it. If you legitimately played the game and the stats didn't record properly they should be able to assist you.

Knock on wood...but I think I am one of the few that hasn't had any bugs or glitches crop up with GOW3 other than the not clearing viewed awards glitch, which is simply fixed by exiting to the main start screen after viewing all awards.
Old 10-28-2011, 02:03 AM   #1106
SchiZoPHreNiikz

SchiZoPHreNiikz's Gamercard
I just finished 45 waves of horde on hardcore on the map Overpass... without dieing.

I'm at level 66 with 8/65 Onyx Medals and only a few hours of online multiplayer. Level 100 should be a breeze, to anyone and everyone.
Old 10-28-2011, 02:27 AM   #1107
head0r Inc

AC Cloud Strife's Gamercard
For real, how many of you got the "leader" medal onyxed already? thats like the worst thing ive done in my gaming career so far, like wtf it takes soooooo long to idle boost this. Close to 1000/1500 now and boosted for a freakin long time already. Hope it will get onyxed anytime this year lol, slowing me down so much...

leader

head0r Inc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 02:37 AM   #1108
Nutmeg

To anyone who wants their Warzone and Execution medals ASAP, don't boost them with 1 round to win. You'll waste your time. Don't forget there's the Skunker medal which is quite frustrating.

I tried different methods, the following works better:
Warzone or Execution obviously
2 rounds to win
1 minute round time limit
2 controllers (one for each team to make bots fight 4v4 instead of 4v5, helps A LOT)
Insane bots set to "Fill"
Bleed-out time is set to 5 and 60 respectively
Friendly fire on
All Boomshots

I was getting a point towards the medal roughly once in four matches. Thus you'll have ~1500 when you get Warzone and Execution Onyx medals. I also recommend going for the Abductor with 2 rounds to win matches. This will give you ~300 more. You'll also get some naturally by boosting other medals and by playing on-line versus. If you need more after that, use the described above method again.
Nutmeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 02:55 AM   #1109
Vindicator51

Vindicator51's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by head0r Inc View Post
For real, how many of you got the "leader" medal onyxed already? thats like the worst thing ive done in my gaming career so far, like wtf it takes soooooo long to idle boost this. Close to 1000/1500 now and boosted for a freakin long time already. Hope it will get onyxed anytime this year lol, slowing me down so much...

leader
I manually did every every match for the Leader medal, because i knew i would be working towards other medals.

Also, Skunker is very easy to do manually in CTL matches.

Last edited by Vindicator51; 10-28-2011 at 02:58 AM.
Vindicator51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 03:27 AM   #1110
Nutmeg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vindicator51 View Post
Also, Skunker is very easy to do manually in CTL matches.
2500 matches with loading/after-match screens longer than gameplay itself? I would die of boredom. No, thanks. Why boost something that can be idle boosted?
Nutmeg is offline   Reply With Quote