PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 LIVE Arcade Games > Action > Guardian Heroes
Subscribe    Donate

Old 10-14-2011, 01:45 PM   #1
AcidGlow

AcidGlowx's Gamercard
Angry Back to Level 1 everytime?

Are you serious.. what's the fuckin point then.. all that time levelling up just to have to restart everytime at level 1 for story mode?
What's the point in have a SAVE file for this game then...
AcidGlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 05:32 PM   #2
SegaSaturnSNK

SegaSaturnSNK's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
........... more like are you serious? If you ever played the original then you should know. Stop crying, man up, and play the game as it should be. People are way too spoiled now days when it comes to gaming expecting the easy route all the time.
Old 10-14-2011, 08:22 PM   #3
AcidGlow

AcidGlowx's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by SegaSaturnSNK View Post
........... more like are you serious?
Yes
Quote:
If you ever played the original then you should know.
I didn't. No way am I paying for a console that went down under for overpricing with very little games. Saturn is one system I passed on in the 90's. It wasn't worth it. So therefore, I don't know!
Quote:
Stop crying, man up
It's not crying, it's a RANT, idiot. or don't you have the brain to know that?
Quote:
play the game as it should be.
I did, 3 playthroughs.. and it got boring after that. Deleted the game. The replay factor is VERY LOW on this game. Why even bother having so many stats to upgrade when you won't even fill up ONE by the end of 1 playthrough.. do another game and back to level 1. You'll never get to fully try out the characters stats by putting the time in to max them out. They should've included a mode that maxed out enemies and would be a very hard challenge unless you had high levels. Thus, increasing the replay factor for you to get stronger to be able to pass that mode..

This game is so boring.. I read about it and those posts "omg, this game so awesome on the saturn".. but it's not that great.. The online will die out very soon as all of these beat'em ups/classics have on the marketplace. Just look at Xmen, Ninja Turtles 2 and 4, Double Dragon, Doom, Doom 2, Final Fight... etc.. all dead online.

Quote:
People are way too spoiled now days when it comes to gaming expecting the easy route all the time.
hah! Redoing the game from level 1 - about 26 or so by the end of the game isn't that hard.. it's rather easy..
It needs a mode that needs you to put in more time like the hard mode I mentioned above.. This game isn't worth 800MSP, more like 250. It's a weak title.
AcidGlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 09:14 PM   #4
Natz

Send a message via MSN to Natz

NatzTheNutter's Gamercard
I do have to agree yet disagree it would be COOL if the levels/stats didnt reset but it wouldnt really work as it would make all other playthroughts really simple and theres easy mode for that. You level through hitting monsters so co-op wouldnt work with somone new to the game trying to get hits in when playing with a level ?? all stats maxed person.

It's a old game in my opinion there either to hard, short or just really bad id say this is one of the few I actually would say nothing bad about.

Last edited by Natz; 10-14-2011 at 09:29 PM.
Natz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 10:21 PM   #5
waxc3

waxc3's Gamercard
i dont like the 9 credits and you lose your levels either. wish i knew that from the demo. i would not have bought it.

dont you dare give me the crap you gave the OP either. ive been gaming since the early 70s and my opinion remains. losing all levels sucks.

a mode in REMIX that let me keep my levels forever would have made me happy. i like games to be easy now. ive had enough years of difficult games.

(edit: lol, i was pissed off at dying in normal mode over and over. all calm now, and much happier to see at least Easy mode has 99 continues)

da da da dahh! bitchpudding!

Last edited by waxc3; 10-14-2011 at 10:48 PM.
waxc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 10:22 PM   #6
Kaz

kazuyo's Gamercard
A side scrolling fighting game with a moveset similar to a 2d fighter. Multiple planes of battle with branching story paths. I really loved the verses multiplayer with a multitap and a bunch of controllers. Massive nando battle against one GE spirit in verses was hilarious

Good times.

It may not be as great when compared to today's games but at the time it was pretty damn impressive. Just waiting on dragon force to be ported to xbla and i'll be one happy nostalgic camper
Old 10-15-2011, 05:55 AM   #7
therealrider

therealrider's Gamercard
Would love Dragon Force to come out to XBLA. I still have my Saturn just for that...and Guardian Heroes.
Old 10-15-2011, 07:31 PM   #8
Aurahead

Aurahead's Gamercard
Talk about rage haha, do some more research before you buy the game. It play the same way as original and it's nothing wrong with it, sure it would be cool to keep stats than again it would be to easy to get trough Hard without using credits.
Old 10-15-2011, 10:53 PM   #9
dill icioius

dill icious's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by AcidGlow View Post
Yes

I didn't. No way am I paying for a console that went down under for overpricing with very little games. Saturn is one system I passed on in the 90's. It wasn't worth it. So therefore, I don't know!

It's not crying, it's a RANT, idiot. or don't you have the brain to know that?

I did, 3 playthroughs.. and it got boring after that. Deleted the game. The replay factor is VERY LOW on this game. Why even bother having so many stats to upgrade when you won't even fill up ONE by the end of 1 playthrough.. do another game and back to level 1. You'll never get to fully try out the characters stats by putting the time in to max them out. They should've included a mode that maxed out enemies and would be a very hard challenge unless you had high levels. Thus, increasing the replay factor for you to get stronger to be able to pass that mode..

This game is so boring.. I read about it and those posts "omg, this game so awesome on the saturn".. but it's not that great.. The online will die out very soon as all of these beat'em ups/classics have on the marketplace. Just look at Xmen, Ninja Turtles 2 and 4, Double Dragon, Doom, Doom 2, Final Fight... etc.. all dead online.

hah! Redoing the game from level 1 - about 26 or so by the end of the game isn't that hard.. it's rather easy..
It needs a mode that needs you to put in more time like the hard mode I mentioned above.. This game isn't worth 800MSP, more like 250. It's a weak title.
quit being a troll. segasaturnsnk is obviously a saturn fan. if you don't like the game, gtfo. seriously. there is no need to dissect every line of his post and fling it back in his face.

and you're right. sega messed up big time on the saturn, but those of us who had it and played the games had some rich experiences. it might be a bit much to expect you to appreciate it as much as some of us, but don't whine about wasting your points. trials are there. no one is forcing you to buy the product first.
dill icioius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 10:09 AM   #10
Recall

RecallBerserk's Gamercard
Each playthrough is a new "character" no different to any other RPG. Your stats matter only to make it more manageable to beat the final bosses on hard and to generally improve the use of magic, that's about it.

Recall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 04:53 AM   #11
SegaSaturnSNK

SegaSaturnSNK's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by AcidGlow View Post
I'm a little bitch blah blah blah
All I read was "I'm a little bitch".

FYI, Saturn had some great games and it was mainly imports that made the system special. It was a great 2D machine and it had tons of great awesome top tier fighting games which ran way better on the Saturn than the Playstation. So many people are so ignorant when it comes to the Saturn it's just plain damn ridiculous.

Sad to see people cry about a classic gem of a game like this. People now days are just very unappreciative when it comes to great games like this. Go back to your COD, thank you and have a nice day.

P.S.

Bring me a Panzer Dragoon HD Collection please!
Old 10-17-2011, 12:07 PM   #12
Beardyboo

VC OF THE NFE's Gamercard
Quote:
All I read was "I'm a little bitch".

FYI, Saturn had some great games and it was mainly imports that made the system special. It was a great 2D machine and it had tons of great awesome top tier fighting games which ran way better on the Saturn than the Playstation. So many people are so ignorant when it comes to the Saturn it's just plain damn ridiculous.

Sad to see people cry about a classic gem of a game like this. People now days are just very unappreciative when it comes to great games like this. Go back to your COD
I am with you on this one SSSNK

The only time I was ever 'taking sides' was during the Sega v Nintendo era. (Great days!)

Both systems have their qualities but Sega's Saturn was an incredibly underated machine. Thats why I have four different versions of the machine!

Totally agree with today's gamers. Bring back the no game save!
Beardyboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 12:00 AM   #13
dill icioius

dill icious's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beardyboo View Post
I am with you on this one SSSNK

The only time I was ever 'taking sides' was during the Sega v Nintendo era. (Great days!)

Both systems have their qualities but Sega's Saturn was an incredibly underated machine. Thats why I have four different versions of the machine!

Totally agree with today's gamers. Bring back the no game save!
i think its safe to assume that those of us stoked about this game are probably saturn fans. four saturns.... i'm a little jealous. i don't know about you guys, but i really hope this inspires them to release some other saturn gems on the arcade.
Old 10-19-2011, 01:47 AM   #14
Le Vampyr

Das Belmont's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by dill icioius View Post
i don't know about you guys, but i really hope this inspires them to release some other saturn gems on the arcade.
Well, we have Daytona USA coming to XBLA next wednesday, so maybe it's a sign of things to come. I too would love to see Dragon Force on XBLA, but unfortunately, I just can't see it happening.
My Twitch - www.twitch.tv/das_belmont/profile
9 Upload videos featured on the Xbox One Upload App so far and 740+ followers.
Le Vampyr  is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 04:07 PM   #15
dill icioius

dill icious's Gamercard
i know exactly what you mean. dragon force, albert odyssey, or perhaps a full release of shining force III (i KNOW that's not going to happen). there are some other niche titles i would wish for as well like mr. bones, the horde, mystaria, and bug 1&2. still i think it wouldn't be too much to think that we might get a shot at nights, virtua fighter 2, burning rangers, and something panzer dragoon related.