PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Racing > Forza Motorsport 2
Subscribe    Donate

Old 04-17-2009, 10:41 PM   #31
CanuckLefty

canucklefty's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Here's one: After I hired a driver for the fourth endurance race(for the third time), I was only awarded what looked like 10k credits. I was drunk at the time, so all bets are off, but I recently noticed that the logos of all the other races that are unlocked are black and white, but this one's now coloured. Can I only go to the well X amount of times per race? Would this apply to races I did myself as opposed to a hired driver? Has anyone else encountered this?
Old 04-17-2009, 10:45 PM   #32
twotonkoala

milehighkoala's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Silver   1,000 Posts   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Donator - Level 1   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanuckLefty View Post
Here's one: After I hired a driver for the fourth endurance race(for the third time), I was only awarded what looked like 10k credits. I was drunk at the time, so all bets are off, but I recently noticed that the logos of all the other races that are unlocked are black and white, but this one's now coloured. Can I only go to the well X amount of times per race? Would this apply to races I did myself as opposed to a hired driver? Has anyone else encountered this?
1. You can do the same race as many times as you want, without a loss in money gained (except the bonus you get for completing an entire section of races, you can only get that once)
2. It's probably colored because you are in a car that matches the class for that race. Switch to a different class, and another one should be colored instead of black and white.
3. You were drunk, you probably misread it and it gave you 100k
Old 04-17-2009, 10:51 PM   #33
CanuckLefty

canucklefty's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Awesome. Thanks for the quick reply, which offsets your love of the Denver Broncos.
Old 04-18-2009, 01:09 PM   #34
jacklanky

jacklanky's Gamercard
Unhappy Tuning Problem

Just got a quick question. Probably sounds really stupid but oh well...

I was trying to tune the Lingenfelter for a race (never tuned a car before) and the only "sliders" to make adjustments - that I could move was the ones under "TYRES" section.

I can't adjust anything else in any other section in tuning. Please help. Not sure what to do.
jacklanky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 09:14 PM   #35
twotonkoala

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Silver   1,000 Posts   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Donator - Level 1   Word of Mouth
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacklanky View Post
Just got a quick question. Probably sounds really stupid but oh well...

I was trying to tune the Lingenfelter for a race (never tuned a car before) and the only "sliders" to make adjustments - that I could move was the ones under "TYRES" section.

I can't adjust anything else in any other section in tuning. Please help. Not sure what to do.
More than likely, you haven't purchased upgrades or it isn't a tunable car. By default, most of the options are not configurable, and not all of the upgrades provide adjustable settings.

When going to upgrade the car, make sure you pay attention to the descriptions of what you're buying. Whenever you are buying that allows you to alter settings, it will list ADJUSTABLE (yes, really, in capital letters if I remember correctly).
Old 04-21-2009, 10:10 AM   #36
jacklanky

jacklanky's Gamercard
Thanks so much. Now I can finally start winning some of those more difficult races.
jacklanky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 09:02 PM   #37
RazerindemiX

Razer za Lazer's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Hiya
how come i got all cars from sweden & korea but the achievement has not popped whats going on?
Old 06-29-2009, 09:09 AM   #38
Rusty Nail zh

Rusty Nail zh's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Silver
Want to earn some money, now. What is the best track in the endurance series to earn money. Of course I will hire a driver...but which car do I have to use and which options are the best?? Would be great to get some tips. Thanks!

Pittsburgh Penguins / Juventus FC / HC Lugano

50k Club --> 29.10.2009

100k Club --> 11.02.2011
Rusty Nail zh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 09:20 PM   #39
twotonkoala

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty Nail zh View Post
Want to earn some money, now. What is the best track in the endurance series to earn money. Of course I will hire a driver...but which car do I have to use and which options are the best?? Would be great to get some tips. Thanks!

Basically, your best bet is to use the highest paying endurance race you can enter. The money/time is going to be about the same for any of them.

Use the highest rated car in each class for the races, and simply make sure that you have the driver AI set to easy. Everything else you will want to max out if you're simulating, because it won't make a difference to the sim driver and you get more money. So, basically everything that gives you extra money (e.g. you get more for using manual transmission than auto), turn it up all the way. As long as you have the opponents AI to easy, the driver really shouldn't have much of a problem.

I can't remember the names of the cars I used, but basically, when you are taken to the screen of "available" cars for that race, hit RT to go all the way to the right, and pick the one furthest to the right that you have unlocked. As long as you aren't putting the sim driver in a car that's much worse than the others, you should be fine.

EDIT: It is also worth noting that nothing is 100% in this game. I simmed probably about 20-30 races (with most of them just being the highest endurance race available to get money) and the sim driver still lost a couple times. Probably 95% of the time he's going to blow away the rest of the field by 1 minute +, but every once in a rare while, he drops to 4th. Just kind of how it works, nothing you can do about it.

Last edited by twotonkoala; 06-29-2009 at 09:23 PM.
twotonkoala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 07:39 AM   #40
Rusty Nail zh

Rusty Nail zh's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Silver
Nice! Thanks for the tips. And which driver did you use? How much did he take from your profit? With easy difficulty, you can take a driver that is not that good, right?
Thanks again!

Pittsburgh Penguins / Juventus FC / HC Lugano

50k Club --> 29.10.2009

100k Club --> 11.02.2011
Rusty Nail zh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 09:42 PM   #41
Warrior011

Warrior011's Gamercard
Whenever I hire a driver for a race, I usually use the lowest driver in the selection, they take 55% of the winnings and rarely lose on easy difficulty

"If in doubt ... flat out" - Colin McRae

Warrior011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 12:39 AM   #42
B Diddy

New Question

Will gifting cars effect the collector achievements? I've heard people say "make sure to leave one to buy",etc. Do I need to buy the last car to unlock the achievements or will just having them in my garage from gifting unlock them?

Edit- As soon as you receive the cars from your buddy the achieves unlock...

Last edited by B Diddy; 07-17-2009 at 03:18 AM. Reason: Answered my own question
B Diddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 08:24 PM   #43
Castlevania1995

Castlevania1995's Gamercard
If I hire a driver for the endurance races, my game pauses when the controller turns off. How am i supposed to counter this? I don't really think the method most people use is to return every 15 minutes.
Castlevania1995 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 12:57 AM   #44
Pashos

Pashos x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase x360a Representer   2,500 Posts   Achievement Guide - Gold   PAX Meet 2010   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Donator - Level 2   Submit - Gold   FIFA/Madden Subscribers Tourn. - First Place   3 on 3 NHL Arcade Subscribers Tourn. Third Place   Burnout Paradise Subscribers Tourn. - Third Place   Road Map - Gold   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 12 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Castlevania1995 View Post
If I hire a driver for the endurance races, my game pauses when the controller turns off. How am i supposed to counter this? I don't really think the method most people use is to return every 15 minutes.
You have to either use a wired controller or a Play-n-Charge kit. That's the only way of preventing the controller from turning off.

152 100% Retail

22 100% Arcade
Pashos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 01:10 PM   #45
Castlevania1995

Thanks for the above answer. but i have a new problem, my driver I like to hire dissapeared from the list. the 55% from america is gone.... How is this possible, and how can i counter this? I can hire another driver, but i don't want all of them to dissapear...
edit: nevermind, he got back with a few extra losses.

Last edited by Castlevania1995; 07-26-2009 at 01:18 PM.
Old 07-26-2009, 06:37 AM   #46
EVOR666

EVOR666's Gamercard
paint job

if i buy a painted car from ah an the paint job is not lockt can i use it on one of my other car if so how?
EVOR666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 04:02 PM   #47
xXSHAPESHIFTAXx

xXSHAPESHIFTAXx's Gamercard
i'm having trouble with the class A world trophy series because every car i use doesn't seem to have enough speed or acceleration, i don't want to change my difficult so can u suggest a car that worked for you?

xXSHAPESHIFTAXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 04:07 PM   #48
Castlevania1995

Quote:
Originally Posted by xXSHAPESHIFTAXx View Post
i'm having trouble with the class A world trophy series because every car i use doesn't seem to have enough speed or acceleration, i don't want to change my difficult so can u suggest a car that worked for you?
I don't remember which car I used, but you can just upgrade your current car as long as it stays class A. but be sure you also have enough grip, I overpowered my ferrari and its useless now. The upgrade thing is in the same menu as go race, my cars etc.
Old 07-26-2009, 04:11 PM   #49
xXSHAPESHIFTAXx

xXSHAPESHIFTAXx's Gamercard
k cheers i'll try that just one more question is it better to have more acceleration than speed or more speed than acceleration?

Last edited by xXSHAPESHIFTAXx; 07-26-2009 at 04:23 PM.
xXSHAPESHIFTAXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 04:57 PM   #50
xUKxSniperDemon

xUKxSniperDemon's Gamercard
How do you change region???

Halo 3
Fable 2
Gears of War 2
Modern Warfare 2

Arcade 100%

Dash of Destruction
A Kingdom for Keflings

"Some are born Great, some acheive Greatness, And some... Greatness thrusts upon them"
xUKxSniperDemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 05:06 PM   #51
x2keithm3x

IBlacKFlasHI's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by xUKxSniperDemon View Post
How do you change region???

In career mode press "RB" then press "X" to switch region. A screen should come up with a little more info on the specifics.

"It is an unfortunate fact that we can secure peace only by preparing for war"- John F. Kennedy
x2keithm3x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 05:14 PM   #52
x2keithm3x

IBlacKFlasHI's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by xXSHAPESHIFTAXx View Post
k cheers i'll try that just one more question is it better to have more acceleration than speed or more speed than acceleration?
Depends on the type of track, and if you have to sacrifice one, it will be always be better to have both.

But in a case which you can't advance both:

a) Nissan speedway: since you accelerate basically only for the first few seconds it's better to sacrifice acceleration for speed..

b)Tsubaka: Seeing as there is no "long straight" it would be more advised to sacrifice speed for acceleration.

A good way to tell what's needed would be to simply use the "Hot Laps" as reference to tuning or picking your own cars.

"It is an unfortunate fact that we can secure peace only by preparing for war"- John F. Kennedy

Last edited by x2keithm3x; 08-07-2009 at 05:16 PM.
Old 08-07-2009, 05:24 PM   #53
x2keithm3x

IBlacKFlasHI's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by EVOR666 View Post
if i buy a painted car from ah an the paint job is not lockt can i use it on one of my other car if so how?
After you buy the car, "Get in Car"

2) Got to "Paint Car"

3) Scroll right until you reach a picture of a poster entering a folder, it should say that you can save your current design to a design catalog at the top left.

4) Save your/painter's design to catalog.

How to apply it:

Note: As far as I know you can only apply it to the exact same type car, although I might be wrong.

1) "Get in car" (same type if necessary)

2) Go to the very end were your can apply a design from the "design catalog"

3) Select your design.

Old 08-24-2009, 01:26 AM   #54
Farnham

Farnhammer's Gamercard
in one event of the regional championship i have gotten all gold and one silver to get a gold trophy overall, will i have to upgrade that silver in order to get the achievement?
Retail 100% - Alan Wake, Assassin's Creed 2, Beowulf, Borderlands, Bully, COD3, COD4, COD: WAW, COD: MW2, Cars, Cars: Maternational, Civilization Revolution, Conan, Eragon, Fable 2, FNR 3, Marvel Ultimate Alliance, Prey, Surf's Up, VP, VP: PA, VP: TIP, WWE Legends, WWE Smackdown 2010
Arcade 100% - A Kingdom For Keflings, Age Of Booty, Banjo-Kazooie, Castle Crashers, Comic Jumper, Crystal Defenders, Dash of Destruction, Dig Dug, New Rally-X, Rocket Riot, The Maw, Uno
25kG 15/07/09
50kG 23/10/10
Farnham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 05:31 AM   #55
TwiztidChef

TwiztidChef's Gamercard
Is there a way to mirror the decals in design mode? I must be missing something. I know you can skew, and enlage and rotate, but what about mirroring a decal? Some decals are symmetrical so if I want to put 2 back to back or point to point I can't seem to make it look right.

am I missing something or what? thanks....

Thanks to davhth4 for my awesome signature!

My DVD collection
http://twiztidchef.dvdaf.com/owned
TwiztidChef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 07:33 PM   #56
dave2007

Dave H 2007's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwiztidChef View Post
Is there a way to mirror the decals in design mode? I must be missing something. I know you can skew, and enlage and rotate, but what about mirroring a decal? Some decals are symmetrical so if I want to put 2 back to back or point to point I can't seem to make it look right.

am I missing something or what? thanks....
if i remember correctly you can set a decals scale to negative to mirror it
dave2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 04:38 AM   #57
TwiztidChef

TwiztidChef's Gamercard
yup set size to negative on the axis you need it mirrored. Thanks man I knew there had to be a way to do it.

Thanks to davhth4 for my awesome signature!

My DVD collection
http://twiztidchef.dvdaf.com/owned
TwiztidChef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 12:09 AM   #58
Lympathia

Lympathia's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Apparently I can't play this game because I don't have the latest update but I have no way of downloading the update at the moment, so this seems to mean that I can't play the game???
Old 03-30-2011, 08:11 PM   #59
atkinson87

im still missin the cheevos for all american, and german cars. and also the last 2 secret cheevos. selling cars from other regions to get money for the cars i still need wont affect will it?
atkinson87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 09:35 PM   #60
xMidget_Furyx

xMidget Furyx's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
does anyone have settings they used on the cars for the time tirals. i'm on the second one and you can only change the tire pressure. how do i keep the car from slamming into the wall every freaking turn. It doesn't matter if i slam or feather the breaks i still hit the wall. what am i doing wrong?

xMidget_Furyx is offline   Reply With Quote