PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Deus Ex: Human Revolution
Subscribe    Donate

Old 11-06-2011, 08:18 AM   #151
shinobigarth

Send a message via Skype™ to shinobigarth

ShinobiGarth's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rokkyrok View Post
Yes Boss
Make a save before talking to David Sarif.
Talk to your boss AFTER you had your talk with Pritchard.
Choose Refocus ‘till this pops.
Don’t forget to go to your office and read new emails about your past or you will miss out on Acquaintances Forgotten and Kevorkian Complex later!
did it this exactly way and it didnt pop.

MSG me on Live!
shinobigarth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 09:10 AM   #152
Crazed Weevil

Crazed Weevil's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by superdupergizmo View Post
i tried doing that, i tried a bunch of times, also tried nicking the turret, mines, etc. i just can't manage, i'm too shit to deal with it on the hardest difficulty. i loaded the last save i had before the chip was fixed which was in detroit I and not II like i thought. i'll just do a speed run. still a bummer although it's much easier and quicker second time round.
On my second run I got to chip just to see what it was like and yes it is pain, but to be honest he was the easiest boss to beat as he was very predictable and you don't even need your augs to make it work. Mines are the best way I've found but you will need a good few. In Detroit II there are loads so make sure you keep a good set (at least five).

Strategy I used on both runs on the hardest setting was, firstly get away from him at the start and get to the outer part of the room and start running laps around it. As long as you don't stop running he won't usually come out to you, he stays in the centre of the room and climbs over the screen in the middle of the room. If you keep running he gets 'stuck' there and ends up climbing the screen over and over again trying to get to you (as you appear on the other side of the room by the time he has recovered from landing). Now this is you chance to lay on the pain. Just chuck a mine into the middle of the room as you go past and he should just climb right onto it. Boom! Five of those should do it. Also by staying on the outer edge you shouldn't set on of your own mines off my mistake as well.

You could use guns to do the same thing if you don't have enough mines (my first run I didn't so I had to use a fully modded Assault Rifle I'd been keeping, the auto lock on is useful here), it'll just take longer. But the secret is to keep moving, don't stop and don't go toe-to-toe with him. With or without your augs that won't work. Note that your inventory items still work (energy and health items), they just won't show it on the HUD since it's messed up, but they do work.
Crazed Weevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 08:39 AM   #153
Mist

Send a message via AIM to Mist Send a message via MSN to Mist

Morolarim's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by shinobigarth View Post
did it this exactly way and it didnt pop.
That's because the conversation is "scrambled" each playthrough. Makes it nearly impossible to have a guide on it, but you'll pretty much have to watch Sarif and, if you have CASIE, read his profile to make the best decision. I think there are also videos letting you know every possible way, but I'm not sure how reliable those actually are.
Mist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 08:21 PM   #154
uraj

rolandomota13's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lewi View Post
a bit of editing in this walkthrough would be really helpful because at the moment i cant really make much sense of this guide. a bit longer descriptions and a clear seperation between each achievement and/or mission would make this guide perfect
I use this guide so I dont miss anything or forget... i also got another guide that goes into more detail with pics and stuff just incase i get confused.
IMO the IGN guide for this game is great and has lots of pics n vids.
uraj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 12:44 AM   #155
Aronsky

Aronsky's Gamercard
Been following your guide and so far it's been a big help though there is one issue I think you should address regarding the Throwdown achievement. When I first got to the convention center I went straight for all the e-books and while doing that I tend to hack everything I can find and apparently hacking one of the computers I did or framing him makes it impossible to confront Taggart.

Anyway didn't realize this till I was going after the guy in the sewers for the Last Straw achievement. He didn't try to kill himself but he did attack me after scene.

So for the sake of anyone who may make the same mistake I did, you should probably put that warning in there somewhere. Really sucks to get to the end and then find out you fucked yourself out of some achievements.
Aronsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 01:39 PM   #156
igor5618

Igor5618's Gamercard
Great guide but I found one thing concerning me.
You wrote that in Hacking: Capture only 6/8 mods is required/helpfull, excluding turret & bots capture. But there are 2 bots in Tai Yong Medical hangar which you need to destroy/diseble. I'm not sure if destroting them won't screw no kill achievement and if you want to disable them you have to use 2 Praxis for 'Turret & Robot Domination'

Completed retail
: 150 Completed Aracde:24
igor5618 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 09:55 AM   #157
uraj

rolandomota13's Gamercard
just finished my first playthrough using this guide and didnt miss one achievement....now to go back n go phyco on everyone and everything...thx rokkyrok
uraj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 02:08 AM   #158
Lord Forbes

Lord Forbes's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Thank you for the taking the time and effort to make such a great guide! Just finished last night and got all 1000. Thanks!

Lord Forbes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 05:16 PM   #159
Hoborg
Banned User

Please fix your roadmap. All the other guides list the difficulty as a 6/10. It's definitely not a 4/10. That's misleading and will make people think the achievements are easy. They are not, for a western RPG, this one is actually a challenge mainly because of the glitchy nature of foxiest of hounds and the one where you can't take damage.
Hoborg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 10:00 AM   #160
holalinguamegaz

holalinguamegaz's Gamercard
Perfect guide. Got yesterday my 1000 without any problem.
Thank you.
holalinguamegaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 08:05 PM   #161
Nitnoid

haZZmaTTaZZ's Gamercard

This is, by far, the best guide out there for not missing anything. Used it for both plays and worked like a charm, especially for the e-books and possible misses. Thank you!
Nitnoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 10:45 AM   #162
xXVanitasXx

xXVanitasXx's Gamercard
Thanks for the guide!
xXVanitasXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 03:25 PM   #163
Dark Fury BE

D4RK I FuRy I's Gamercard
You are a life saver. Thanks for the walkthrough. I was just about to start the game so i will make good use of it
Old 06-18-2012, 03:59 PM   #164
Tsaako

tsaako's Gamercard

Cheers for the guide, I did think It could of been layed out a bit better but it still has everything needed to know.
Tsaako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 10:28 AM   #165
terrett101

terrett101's Gamercard
Good guide, just what I was looking for to minimise spoilers but also not miss any achievements. Managed all but Foxiest in one playthrough, did a speed run right after to pick up that.

Couple of edits should be made though to Detroit II. A post above detailed this issue, but I'll expand on it a little. Both The Throwdown and The Last Straw are missable, but not just because you can screw up the conversations. Similarly to The Desk Job in Detroit I, both these achievements will be missed if you sneak to the objective in the Convention Center. You can not confront Taggart once you've gained the information on Sandoval's location from his computer. Additionally, Sandoval becomes hostile if you did not successfully confront Taggart earlier (placing the recording on the computer may be a work around here).

Regardless though, to save yourself hassle if you're following this guide, make sure to confront (and succeed) Taggart in room 2005 to find Sandoval's location. You can then confront Sandoval, and ideally get both these achievements. CASIE helps a lot here obviously. Do not sneak into the backstage area or you will lose the chance to get both of these.
terrett101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 06:27 PM   #166
newbsicle

zymotic's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Thanks a ton for this guide!

It's great that everything is in order that way it's not so confusing.
Old 11-16-2012, 07:39 PM   #167
Agent Aero

Aero x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Gold   x360a Representer   Over Achiever - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Silver   Road Map - Gold   Word of Mouth   1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
Great thread mate, really helped me out.
Old 01-23-2013, 12:46 AM   #168
Ingen Kommentar

Ingen Kommentar's Gamercard
Followed you guide, but in Shanghai II where you say point of no return. You say before you activate the bomb, but thats not right it is The Seaportthat is the point of no return, you can't get back from there. Learned it on the hard way.
Still missed the "ladies man" do to i didn't had the right aug. so needed more point to get a praxis, to carried on but that was a mistake
Ingen Kommentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 01:14 AM   #169
David562

Can you please be more specific about rhe book in Derilect Row? Is it past the people in the couch, in the big courtyard, what flooe etc..
David562 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 02:57 PM   #170
Achiever TM

Achiever TM's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Gold   Referrals - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1   A+ Thread Award
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
That's what I was looking for. Every road map should look like this. Great work thanks
Old 04-23-2013, 01:13 PM   #171
hulot

Thanks for the guide!
hulot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 07:24 PM   #172
Jas x God

Jas x God's Gamercard
Finally picked this game up today, gonna use your guide. Thanks a bunch.
Jas x God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 01:04 AM   #173
Achiever TM

Achiever TM's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Gold   Referrals - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1   A+ Thread Award
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
After beating the game for the first time I unlocked every single achievement except pacifist! The only time I killed normal enemies was in the last boss, maybe I killed an enemy by accident. Anyway playing again on easy will be very very fast and this time I don't need to hide all the time, complete sidequests or collect ebooks!

EDIT: after some research for my new playthrough on easy I found that if enemies die on last boss fight it might prevent pacifist to unlock, so I reloaded a save before last boss, switched to easiest difficulty and beated it as fast as I could. ACHIEVEMENT UNLOCKED! So if pacifist doesn't unlock for you try to beat last boss without any enemy dying to see if it unlock before attempting a new playthrough!

Thanks for the guide, it was very useful!

Last edited by Achiever TM; 05-04-2013 at 02:54 AM.
Achiever TM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 10:34 PM   #174
Commodore16

AaronMachka's Gamercard
This guide was a great help in getting as many achievements possible while keeping the gameplay fun, thanks.
Commodore16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 09:59 PM   #175
Tomatonaut

Tomatonaut's Gamercard
Normally I just read and go but I wanted to give a personal Thank you to everyone who made this guide possible. Very helpful and managed to keep the game interesting still. Great job guys!
Tomatonaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 05:43 AM   #176
SideshowN

SideshowN's Gamercard
Thank you for this guide as it helped to get my 1250 on my second playthrough. The energy packs and stealth camo were by far the most important to upgrade. You can pretty much breeze through the game even on "Give Me Deus Ex" difficulty.
Old 08-23-2014, 06:27 PM   #177
TheSaferHouse

TheSaferHouse's Gamercard
Just got my 1000G using this guide. I wish all guides had the achievements in the order you can attain them as it is sooo much easier to follow, especially with a game like this where something like 43 out of 49 are missable. Great work here, many thanks!
TheSaferHouse is offline   Reply With Quote