PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Gears of War 3 > Horde Command Pack
Subscribe    Donate

Old 11-02-2011, 02:05 PM   #1
The Pants Party
You're Not Invited

Za Pantsupati's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff - Front Page   Road Map - Diamond   Staff - Super Moderator   Micro Guide - Platinum   15,000 Posts   Staff Club - Never Final   Staff Club - Minty   Staff Club - Shiftie   Staff Club - The Pants Party   Staff Club - AOS Puck   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Gold
Total Awards: 21 (more» ...)
Achievement Guide and Road Map

People were for some reason not really seeing this inside the main guide or the Achievement Trading Thread, so here it is again. Hopefully this will cut down the number of questions here in the sub-forum.

Overview:
+Estimated achievement difficulty: 1/10
+Offline: 2 (100)
+Online: 3 (150)
+Approximate amount of time to 250: 10-15 hours (depends on how much fortification upgrading you need)
+Minimum number of playthroughs needed: 1
+Number of missable achievements: None
+Do cheat codes disable achievements? No codes
+Does difficulty affect achievements? Only "Kill Locust (Like a Boss)"
+Glitchy achievements? None
+Unobtainable achievements? None
+Extra equipment needed? No

Step 1: Hosting and Like a Boss
Find a group of 3-4 other players with the DLC (two people can have second accounts if you can only get a group of three) to do "The Host With the Most," "Places to See, People to Destroy" and "Kill Locust (Like a Boss)."

Step 2: Upgrade Fortifications
Use the method described in "What Does This Button Do?" to upgrade your Spikes, Turrets, Silverback and Command Center to their max levels and get 500 kills with the Silverback's rockets.

Conclusion:
A very quick and easy set of DLC achievements. The grinding to unlock the Silverback rockets will take the majority of your time.

The Host with the Most 25
Host a private Horde Match with a party of 5 players on any Horde Command Pack map (any difficulty).

You can host a match on the DLC maps with any number of non-DLC owners joining you, so you don't technically need to find other people with the DLC to get this achievement. The people who join will not be able to earn the achievement though. To unlock the achievement, you need to complete at least one wave on any difficulty with all five players in the group.

I would suggest finding four others who DO have the DLC,
or as few as two others if two people sign in second accounts (press on your second controller to sign in a guest), and get "Kill Locust (Like a Boss)" at the same time, hosting and completing one of the boss waves on Hardcore difficulty using all Onyx Guards. The other people who need to host just need to get everyone in and finish a wave on any difficulty, then you can quit out and repeat for everyone else. May as well do "Places to See, People to Destroy" with the same group hosting Beast matches.

This needs to be done on either Blood Drive, Rustlung or Azura.

Places to See, People to Destroy 25
Host a private Beast Match with a party of 5 players on any Horde Command Pack map (any difficulty).

See "The Host with the Most" for more information.

What Does This Button Do? 50
Get 500 Silverback rocket kills in Horde (any map, any difficulty).

You'll first have to upgrade your barriers to Level 7 by spending $120,000 on them to unlock the Silverback itself, then spend another $500,000 on the Silverback to reach Level 3 and unlock the rockets. Then buy the Silverback and use the rockets by spending $10,000 to arm it, planting with the A button and firing with the right trigger to kill any 500 enemies during Horde waves.

Alternatively, you can find a friend who has the Silverback upgraded enough, have them purchase and arm it with the rockets, then use it yourself. Even if you have not spent a dime upgrading a Silverback, the kills will still count.

The easiest way to earn money is using the Solo Horde method with the Friendly Fire mutator on. After every wave, shoot the Silverback and use all your money to repair it. Money spent on upgrades is affected in the following ways:

Difficulty

Casual=60%
Normal=80%
Hardcore=100%
Insane=120%

Mutators take off/add the same amount as their percentages for experience. So it would be -25% for Infinite Ammo, +5% for Friendly Fire, etc.

It's Hammer Time! 50
Achieve Level 4 in Horde Command Center fortifications.

You'll first have to upgrade your Turrets to Level 8 by spending $360,000 on them to unlock the Command Center itself, then spend another $40,000 on the Command Center to reach Level 4 and unlock the Hammer of Dawn. See "What Does This Button Do?" for information on upgrading fortifications. Unfortunately the Command Center can not be damaged with Friendly Fire, so it is best to buy it and then die and restart from the beginning of Horde to keep purchasing it. If you play on Thrashball with a second controller (give its money to your main profile) you can buy two Command Centers per round.

Kill Locust (Like a Boss) 100
Defeat a Boss Wave as 5 Onyx Guards (Hardcore difficulty).

Obviously Wave 10 would be the easiest for this. Feel free to use mutators to make it even easier (Infinite Ammo and Super Reload being the best, along with Instagib Melee) and skip right to Wave 10 so you only need to play the one wave. Make sure you have a full party of five players (can be as few as three real people with two guest accounts), you're all using the proper Onyx Guard skin and you're on Hardcore difficulty.

May as well get everyone "Host with the most" and "Places to See, People to Destroy" with the same group. Make sure everyone gets a turn!

Note: You must be alive at the end of the wave to unlock the achievement.

I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

Last edited by The Pants Party; 11-10-2011 at 09:12 PM.
The Pants Party is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 03:45 PM   #2
TheFalcon

IXI FalcoN's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Here's my method for upgrading the silverback:

Difficulty: Hardcore
Mutators: No ammo pickups, Must active reload, Friendly Fire (FF is key, any other +10%s will work)
Map: Trenches
Wave 9

This setup gives you 125% of money spent towards silverback upgrades.

Start wave 9 on trenches and buy the command post at the top by the one shot spawn. Do not spend any more money. Camp up here and rack up enough money to buy the silverback ($12,500). Let the last enemy kill you to repeat the wave over and over.

When you can finally buy the silverback, take it up top with you and use it for the waves, but be careful to not let it get destroyed, because if you don't have enough money to buy it back in the next intermission, you'll need the whole $12,500 again to buy it again. If its health goes in the red, park it in the corner and finish the wave on foot.

During the intermission, damage the silverback and put all your money into repairing it. Damage it by meleeing it to conserve ammo.

With this method I can rack up about $7000 in 3-4 mins once I start using the silverback. With a 125% multiplier, that's about 8750 towards the silverback every wave.

EDIT: turns out shooting the silverback instead of meleeing gives you some extra money

EDIT 2: Just got level 3 in about 2.5 hours using this method. I started out as a low level 1, maybe about 1/4 of the bar filled.

Last edited by TheFalcon; 11-02-2011 at 06:50 PM.
TheFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 04:20 PM   #3
Grifter Reborn

Send a message via Skype™ to Grifter Reborn

Grifter x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Emerald   CABS Beta Tester   Over Achiever - Bronze   2,500 Posts   Staff Club - Grifter Reborn   x360a Representer   Road Map - Bronze   A+ Thread Award
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
"Hopefully this will cut down the number of questions here in the sub-forum."

C'mon! We both know that won't happen!

But seriously, thanks for this. I'll add it to mine and (hopefully) I will get to do these Saturday!

Change is inevitable.

Grifter Reborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 03:10 AM   #4
sanger

Sangriaz's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
When does the achievement unlock for Host with the Most? I tried hosting a System Link game with 5 players and played first wave to the end but I didn't get the achieve
sanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 11:36 AM   #5
The Pants Party
You're Not Invited

Awards Showcase Staff - Front Page   Road Map - Diamond   Staff - Super Moderator   Micro Guide - Platinum   15,000 Posts   Staff Club - Never Final   Staff Club - Minty   Staff Club - Shiftie   Staff Club - The Pants Party   Staff Club - AOS Puck   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Gold
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanger View Post
When does the achievement unlock for Host with the Most? I tried hosting a System Link game with 5 players and played first wave to the end but I didn't get the achieve
Should pop directly after the wave ends. Let me know if you can't get it to work and I'll make a note that system link won't unlock it.

Old 11-03-2011, 12:30 PM   #6
the action frampton

action frampton's Gamercard
The estimated time for completion is higher than 2-3 hours if you haven't previously upgraded your barriers/turrets/silverback, even with the solo horde boosting method.

Maybe there should be 2 different times. One for people who already have the upgrades and one for people who haven't.
Old 11-03-2011, 12:36 PM   #7
DeathConvoy

SilverConvoy's Gamercard
I just got the three 5-player achievements using this method:

Beast / Casual / Azura, Me + Split Screen Guest, Mate1 + Split Screen Guest, Mate2. Win wave 1 (failing does not work), quit to lobby.

Horde / Hardcore / Blood Drive / Wave 10, Me + Split Screen Guest, Mate1 + Split Screen Guest, Mate2. Infinite Ammo, Instagib Melee, Super Reload, Set all 5 players to Onyx Guard. Win the wave.

Got 3 achievements in 5 minutes with just two extra players, so I returned the favor.
Old 11-04-2011, 05:54 PM   #8
ConfusedGeek

Confusedgeek's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
done with all these.

got the silver back last night in one boosting sitting.

one think about this achievement, i didnt get any progress on it until it popped. no 100 of 500 or anything just the achievement.
ConfusedGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 11:37 AM   #9
mcnichoj

mcnichoj's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Xbox One Maximum Clubs Novice   1,000 Posts   Arcade Crazy - Bronze
Difficulty should be put up.
Leveling up all the necessary things take what, five to ten hours?

“You’re acting like a little girl lately. And not in a good way.” - Henry Winkler

People tell me I'm weird and that I'm not conventional
Someone asked me what my dream girl is and I told them with a lot of depth but two dimensional
mcnichoj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 12:05 PM   #10
The Pants Party
You're Not Invited

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcnichoj View Post
Repeating an easy action is not difficult. Time spent does not translate to difficulty.

Old 11-06-2011, 09:52 PM   #11
Harry Rasing

Harry Rasing's Gamercard
How do I join an Xbox Live Horde game with an guest account??

Only way I can at a guest is when I'm local..
Harry Rasing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 01:11 AM   #12
Husker Winters

Husker Winters's Gamercard
"It's Hammer Time!" never unlocked for me after upgrading to level 4. In the stats and awards page the progress bar is PAST 40,000 and it is ticked as done but the locked symbol is still over it and it is still locked in my profile. Anyone have any pointers or experience with this achievement being glitchy?
Husker Winters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 07:37 AM   #13
mjc0961

mjc0961's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Submit - Gold   Arcade Crazy - Bronze
Good to know you can get the help of people who don't have the DLC and you can have guest accounts help out as well. I wasn't looking forward to organizing boosting, but now I can probably get a few of my friends who didn't want this DLC to help out anyway as it won't take too long and they don't need to buy anything.

Quote:
What happened to
Quote:
Time consuming =/= Difficulty
?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViolentCabaret View Post
This guide continues to warm my heart and piss off my roommates. Thanks so much!
mjc0961 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 12:32 PM   #14
The Pants Party
You're Not Invited

Haha! Oh how I love when people contradict themselves. Said it best himself, difficulty will not be raised.

Old 11-07-2011, 09:50 PM   #15
Kaiyo

KaiyoOrganiz000's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Its very easy getting all the Horde Command Pack achievements.
Old 11-09-2011, 09:48 PM   #16
fortyfive

big j 4545's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Rasing View Post
How do I join an Xbox Live Horde game with an guest account??

Only way I can at a guest is when I'm local..
It's kind of jacked up but here's the quote from the online manual

"Up to two players can play in any game mode on a single Xbox 360 console in split-screen mode. If a second player is logged in to an Xbox LIVE profile, they will automatically be added to the current party roster. You can also sign in a guest by pressing [Y] from the Main menu. "
http://gearsofwar.xbox.com/en-US/gam...de-partysystem

The 2nd controller needs to be turned on but not signed into an account, then you can press to sign in and play online as a guest.
fortyfive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 03:12 AM   #17
ConstantxMotion

CoNsTanT M0TioN's Gamercard
there is NO WAY that anyone could get these in 5 hours

i'd say you're looking at 15, minimum

ridiculous achievements are ridiculous
ConstantxMotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 03:30 AM   #18
The Pants Party
You're Not Invited

I'll bump it to 5-7 (didn't realize it was still at 3-5), but:

3 hours for your Silverback:
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/f...d.php?t=339987

30 minutes for the CC:
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/f...d.php?t=339814

Rocket kills might take another 30 and an hour to do a group session for the three online achievements. 15 is way too high.

Last edited by The Pants Party; 11-10-2011 at 03:32 AM.
Old 11-10-2011, 08:31 PM   #19
Creech
Administrator

Send a message via Skype™ to Creech

Just Creech's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff - Front Page   Staff - Administrator   Thought, Precision and Planning Club - Tier 2   Thought, Precision and Planning Club - Tier 1   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 3   Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Andrew x360a   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 2   Micro Guide - Gold   Achievement Guide - Emerald   Road Map - Emerald   CABS Beta Tester
Total Awards: 41 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pants Party View Post
I'll bump it to 5-7 (didn't realize it was still at 3-5), but:

3 hours for your Silverback:
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/f...d.php?t=339987

30 minutes for the CC:
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/f...d.php?t=339814

Rocket kills might take another 30 and an hour to do a group session for the three online achievements. 15 is way too high.
That link for the silverback says 3 hours to level up and 3 hours to get kills. Personally, I am using his method and it takes quite a bit longer to level up than he apparently took. I am getting about 6-7k every 10 minutes. Well over 4 hours now and I am about 20% of the way through level 2.

Awake, Alert, & Enthusiastic!
The Silicon Rule: If the product is free, then you are the product.
Creech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 09:18 PM   #20
The Pants Party
You're Not Invited

I'll bump it again to be safe, I didn't think the kills would take nearly that long.

Old 11-10-2011, 11:56 PM   #21
DeathConvoy

SilverConvoy's Gamercard
Might be worth mentioning the Friendly Fire mutator that every method seems to use requires finishing the game in 4-player co-op... that adds a substantial amount of time to any method for Silverback/Command Center.
Old 11-21-2011, 09:59 PM   #22
mcnichoj

mcnichoj's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Xbox One Maximum Clubs Novice   1,000 Posts   Arcade Crazy - Bronze
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjc0961 View Post
What happened to
?
I thought you hated me, glad to know that you still care.

On to the point, in that instance the person was saying difficulty should have been rated on time alone.
HERE, I'm saying time should contribute to difficulty and only increase it to a two or three.
The game The Maw is rated a two and I found this DLC harder then that.

Although Pants is welcome to do whatever he wants as that's what he has been doing.

“You’re acting like a little girl lately. And not in a good way.” - Henry Winkler

People tell me I'm weird and that I'm not conventional
Someone asked me what my dream girl is and I told them with a lot of depth but two dimensional
mcnichoj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 09:10 AM   #23
Agusta1

Agusta1's Gamercard
Would this video be helpful? Or no?

Check Out my Shitty Videos On Youtube!
http://www.youtube.com/user/44Yuri44...4?feature=mhum
Agusta1 is offline   Reply With Quote