PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Batman: Arkham City
Subscribe    Donate

Old 11-06-2011, 01:36 PM   #1
Drucifer82

zI Drucifer Iz's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Catwoman Challenge Guide (Videos)

Since there isn't a lot of Catwoman footage available online and a lot of people seem to be stuck with various parts of her challenges, I stayed up all night and made this video guide for all of you.

Here is a note on using Catwoman's whip in combat (and some predator situations):

The tricky part about Catwoman's whip is that it actually has two quickfire functions. Tapping (or aimed with +) will do a whip trip where she sweeps there legs out from under them. Using + is a quickfire disarm (or holding before pressing for aimed attacks). So depending on who you are up against, it will have different results. An example is that you can't quickfire disarm a guy with a stun baton, but you can quickfire trip him.

And using her whip stun () more than once on a shield will break your combo. You have to use the aerial assault combo . Also if a shield guy is next to an armor guy, more often than not you'll target the armor guy, so try to be aware of that or else you'll break your combo since aerial assault doesn't hurt armored thugs.

There are some vids in the campaign that show the exact errors I was talking about here.

Moves List:

Certain moves are standard for all characters (such as Special Combo Takedown) so this will be only moves specific to Catwoman.

Special Combo Whip Attack: +
Special Combo Whip Trip: +
Combo Whip Trip: Tap
Quickfire Bolas: +
Quickfire Whip Disarm: +
Quickfire Caltrops: +

Catwoman does not have a + quickfire function.

COMBAT CHALLENGES

Challenge 1 - Blind Justice

Challenge 2 - Survival of the Fittest

Challenge 3 - Rooftop Rumble

Challenge 4 - Hell's Gate

Challenge 5 - Funhouse Brawl

Challenge 6 - Prison Riot

Challenge 7 - Blind Justice EXTREME

Challenge 8 - Survival of the Fittest EXTREME

Challenge 9 - Rooftop Rumble EXTREME

Challenge 10 - Hell's Gate EXTREME

Challenge 11 - Funhouse Brawl EXTREME

Challenge 12 - Prison Riot EXTREME

PREDATOR CHALLENGES

Challenge 1 - Meltdown Mayhem

Challenge 2 - Police Brutality

Challenge 3 - Natural Selection

Challenge 4 - End of the Line

Challenge 5 - Lost City

Challenge 6 - Top of the World

Challenge 7 - Meltdown Mayhem EXTREME

Challenge 8 - Police Brutality EXTREME

Challenge 9 - Natural Selection EXTREME

Challenge 10 - End of the Line EXTREME

Challenge 11 - Lost City EXTREME

Challenge 12 - Top of the World EXTREME

BONUS VIDEO

Joker's Carnival

As of 4/28/14 my Borderlands 2 trading post is officially closed. I am no longer boosting, trading, farming, etc on the Xbox360. I am entirely on the Xbox One now. If you want to play Xbox One with me, send a friend request with a message to GT zI Drucifer Iz (those are capital I's).

Last edited by Drucifer82; 12-05-2011 at 03:22 AM.
Drucifer82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 01:37 PM   #2
Drucifer82

They're here! The Campaign vids! These took some time to upload and may possibly have some sync issues, though all I've tested are good. So let me know if you notice any issues. I edited out restarts to save time.

It's always a good idea to plan your mutators accordingly. If possible, get the worse ones out of the way early and try to make the more difficult challenges a little easier. With that being said.....

CAMPAIGN CHALLENGES

Campaign 1 - Search and Destroy

Campaign 2 - Street Justice

Campaign 3 - Offensive Maneuvers

Campaign 4 - City Invader

Campaign 5 - Midnight Assault

Campaign 6 - Hostile Takeover

Campaign 7 - Double Jeopardy

Campaign 8 - Ruthless Vengeance

Campaign 9 - Combat Expert

Campaign 10 - Predator Expert

Campaign 11 - Combat Master

Campaign 12 - Predator Master

As of 4/28/14 my Borderlands 2 trading post is officially closed. I am no longer boosting, trading, farming, etc on the Xbox360. I am entirely on the Xbox One now. If you want to play Xbox One with me, send a friend request with a message to GT zI Drucifer Iz (those are capital I's).

Last edited by Drucifer82; 11-07-2011 at 04:14 PM.
Old 11-06-2011, 01:43 PM   #3
Ragnarok1986

Ragnarok1986's Gamercard

Finally thank you so much

Follow me on Twitter
Ragnarok1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 01:48 PM   #4
Drucifer82

You're welcome. It was a long and grueling process. My cap card is SD only, so while it looks decent on my monitor, playing was horrible. Oh, and ya know, these campaigns are murder, too.

Old 11-06-2011, 03:35 PM   #5
snake2410

Awesome, working on these now. I got her pred master campaign done last night thankfully. It was tough.
snake2410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 05:19 PM   #6
Orrest92

Orrest92's Gamercard
Thanks so much man, im sure this took awhile. Greatly appreciated.
60,000G - 08/11/11
80,000G - 10/01/12

Orrest92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 07:34 PM   #7
xXmyxxmastaXx

xXmyxxmastaXx's Gamercard

Thanks OP . when she does a ground takedown it looks like she is scratching their dick lol.
She is to goddamn sexy

Last edited by xXmyxxmastaXx; 11-06-2011 at 07:37 PM.
xXmyxxmastaXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 09:32 PM   #8
demi

Good job bro. Will give them a whirl when I start Predator.

I have no problems with Combat on Batman or Catwoman.
demi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 01:24 AM   #9
Drucifer82

I should have the campaigns up by tomorrow. They are taking longer to upload than I thought. But considering they are 3 x the size of the other vids, I suppose I should have foreseen that.

Old 11-07-2011, 01:37 AM   #10
FARPRO

Just got feline revenge today but these vidsaregoing to be great to remind me how to fly througgh the pred challenges. Cat woman is so tough to use on those. Hopefully robin and night wing are a bit smoother
FARPRO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 01:51 AM   #11
Drucifer82

Nightwing is very fluid, he's an interesting hybrid of Batman and Catwoman.

Old 11-07-2011, 02:47 AM   #12
McGoogles

Ratify's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - * Clueless *   Staff Club - Grifter Reborn   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   5,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Silver   Staff Club - DEG23   XBA Promoter   Submit - Silver
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
For Top of the World Extreme, it seems as if you need to take down the enemy immediately after knocking them down with the caltrops. I had to restart several times because of it not registering.

Anyways, thanks for taking the time for the videos. It sure helped me.
Latest arcade completion: Warface

McGoogles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 03:01 AM   #13
Drucifer82

Quote:
Originally Posted by McGoogles View Post
For Top of the World Extreme, it seems as if you need to take down the enemy immediately after knocking them down with the caltrops. I had to restart several times because of it not registering.

Anyways, thanks for taking the time for the videos. It sure helped me.
You're welcome. And yes, if you don't get the takedown immediately, the Caltrop Trip medal will not register.

Old 11-07-2011, 05:13 AM   #14
Drucifer82

I'm having problems getting Catwoman's Midnight Assault Campaign to upload. I'm running it through Adobe Media Encoder now to see if that will fix the issues.

EDIT: Just as I say that, YouTube finishes processing the vid. I'll hold on to the other one just in case. The last of the Campaign vids are uploading now and hopefully by tonight I'll be able to add the Campaign vids to the guide!

Last edited by Drucifer82; 11-07-2011 at 05:44 AM.
Old 11-07-2011, 06:03 AM   #15
TheMarkOfPower

TheMarkOfPower's Gamercard
very good video guides man, helped me out with one challenge already, and im sure i will get the rest later using these.
TheMarkOfPower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 08:29 AM   #16
TechnoViking813

TechnoViking813's Gamercard
I used these videos to help me on the catwoman Campaign Challenges. It would be nice to see videos like those above but for the Catwoman Campaigns only, but for now im not picky
TechnoViking813 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 08:57 AM   #17
Drucifer82

Quote:
Originally Posted by TechnoViking813 View Post
I used these videos to help me on the catwoman Campaign Challenges. It would be nice to see videos like those above but for the Catwoman Campaigns only, but for now im not picky
The post below the current vids is reserved for Campaign. As soon as I have them all uploaded to YouTube, I will add them. They are taking a long time to upload because they are significantly larger files. While most of these vids average 5-7 minutes run time, campaign vids run 15-20 minutes each.

Very soon, friend! The last 3 are uploading right now!

Old 11-07-2011, 05:33 PM   #18
Drucifer82

Campaign vids added

Old 11-09-2011, 10:13 PM   #19
Aquaman6686

Aquaman6686's Gamercard
I can't get the Double Ledge Takedown medal on End of the Line Extreme. No matter how lightning-fast I press the Y button after "Double Ledge Takedown" appears, she ALWAYS grabs only one enemy. I just spent 6 hours doing this Map over and over and over again, and it just cannot be done. I have no idea how you got it to work, but it looks I'll forever be missing this one solitary medal.
Aquaman6686 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 11:06 PM   #20
HamKet

Ham Salad's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Silver   Submit - Gold   Achievement Guide - Silver   Road Map - Silver
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquaman6686 View Post
I can't get the Double Ledge Takedown medal on End of the Line Extreme. No matter how lightning-fast I press the Y button after "Double Ledge Takedown" appears, she ALWAYS grabs only one enemy. I just spent 6 hours doing this Map over and over and over again, and it just cannot be done. I have no idea how you got it to work, but it looks I'll forever be missing this one solitary medal.
If possible, wait until the thermal henchman is scanning the center gargoyle and the sniper is crossing the bridge. Then you'll have more time to do the double-takedown. You'll likely have to wait longer before the opportunity arises, but its easier to pull off that way.
Old 11-10-2011, 03:14 AM   #21
Aquaman6686

Aquaman6686's Gamercard
Finally got it, completely by accident. All Challenge Maps complete, with all medals, as all four characters! Now its on to Campaigns.
Aquaman6686 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 08:25 PM   #22
Redemption Mode

Makaveli x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Awesome video guide! Some were extremely helpful. Thank you very much...
Old 11-10-2011, 09:05 PM   #23
Drucifer82

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuanOrtizSr View Post
Awesome video guide! Some were extremely helpful. Thank you very much...
You're welcome. I've also done one for Nightwing and will be doing one for Robin. For now I am working on making campaign vids for Batman to complete the Batman guide that Pyx started as well as assisting with polishing up the cheev guide.

Last edited by Drucifer82; 11-10-2011 at 09:20 PM.
Old 11-15-2011, 11:36 PM   #24
ParoXysm QC

ParoXysm QC's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Silver   Micro Guide - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Oh my god, the predator challenges were so hard!
Way harder than the Batman challenges...
Thanks for the tips...
ParoXysm QC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 02:07 AM   #25
LordOdadjian

OdadjianActual's Gamercard
Just a tip, I think you should also include a note about Catwoman's special combo moves in the OP. For example, she has A+X and A+B special combo moves (whip lashing and whip trip). IMO, I've found A+X (whip lash) to be totally useless, but A+B (whip trip) is a god like move that lets you throw in ground pounds when you have a high combo.

More importantly, for whatever reason, Rocksteady decided to not give her a special combo Break/Disarm (X+Y) - I think it breaks your combo if you try to do it, but I'm not totally sure. It's really annyoing not being able to break the riot shields. You kill the guys with riot shields but some other guy just picks the shields back up.

Otherwise, great guide!

Last edited by LordOdadjian; 11-24-2011 at 02:10 AM.
LordOdadjian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 03:46 AM   #26
Drucifer82

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordOdadjian View Post

More importantly, for whatever reason, Rocksteady decided to not give her a special combo Break/Disarm (X+Y) - I think it breaks your combo if you try to do it, but I'm not totally sure. It's really annyoing not being able to break the riot shields. You kill the guys with riot shields but some other guy just picks the shields back up.

Otherwise, great guide!

Yeah, only Batman can Disarm and Destroy. It's not just Catwoman who was excluded.

As far as her special combo moves go, they are required for her physical challenges in the main game. So anyone who's playing this game will know those by the time they get to Challenge mode.

I disagree with you on the uselessness of her special whip attack. As you can see in my vids, I use it a lot. I do it because it gives you a multiplier for each person it hits. So for example, if I hit 4 people with the whip attack and my multiplier is x50, then I get x50x4x50 because the value of the attack is 50 and I hit 4 people on a x50 combo.

Last edited by Drucifer82; 11-24-2011 at 03:57 AM.
Old 11-24-2011, 09:02 AM   #27
Cee Reno

Wait, there's an upper level on the Top Of The World map? *Headdesk* that would have made life so much easier!
Cee Reno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 10:09 PM   #28
Drucifer82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cee Reno View Post
Wait, there's an upper level on the Top Of The World map? *Headdesk* that would have made life so much easier!
Yes, there is lol. Don't feel bad, I don't think it's there in story mode. I happened upon it when I was completing Batman's challenges.

Old 11-26-2011, 04:04 AM   #29
Karumph

Karumph's Gamercard
Thank you very much for your guides. I never would have even tried for these achievements without them.
Karumph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 04:45 AM   #30
Drucifer82

You're very welcome. I've put a lot of hours into this game and it's predecessor. Guides for the DLC was the least I could do.