PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > RPG > Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
Subscribe    Donate

Old 11-10-2011, 09:00 PM   #31
Webb
Ninja Editor

Webb x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase x360a Representer   Referrals - Gold   PAX Meet 2010   x360a Book Club   A+ Thread Award   Achievement Guide - Silver   Staff - Administrator   10,000 posts   Submit - Gold   Bright Idea   Gears of War Tournament Final Four   NBA Live 1000 People Online Supporter
Total Awards: 15 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by x DIAM0NDZ View Post
150-200 hours for an individual achievement but you already have more than 900G, how long for the all the other ones?
Anyway, in that kind of RPG games, people always find XP and money glitches...
Well, that was a rough estimate based on my progression. It's more like 100-150 now to get the full 1,00 based on what rza has already said.

Marge: Have you noticed any change in Bart
Homer: New glasses?
Marge: Noooo... He looks like something maybe disturbing him
Homer: Probably misses his old glasses
Marge: We could get more involved in Bart's activities, but then I'd be afraid of smothering him
Homer: Yeah, and then we'd get the chair.
Marge: That's not what I meant!
Homer: It was Marge, admit it.
Webb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 09:18 PM   #32
LickableLemons7

SublimeThugLife's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 2   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - DEG23   Micro Guide - Bronze   Staff Club - DeekBoy   Submit - Bronze   2,500 Posts   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - * Clueless *   Over Achiever - Bronze
Total Awards: 10 (more» ...)
Nice review AND guide, Webb. Both are...very...lollygagging.
Old 11-10-2011, 09:23 PM   #33
Sir Goatfather

SirGriswald's Gamercard
This is one of the best guides I've seen on the site, and it makes sense coming from you. I like how you've included detailed information on what each thing is, like the miscellaneous quests. Most guides say something like, "just do 50 miscellaneous quests". I'll definitely be using the guide if I need help with anything after finishing the game.
Sir Goatfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 09:50 PM   #34
yummymummy

yummymummy8810's Gamercard
thanks for a fab guide webb, getting a bit anxious about going into the unknown tomorrow
Rayman Origins
yummymummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 10:02 PM   #35
Kraderic
Banned User

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
I'm confused about the skills.

Is there a difference in power/intensity/damage from having a skill of 20 and a skill of 30 in destruction, assuming you haven't placed any perk points in that skill's constellation?

Like, if having a skill of 20 would normally dish out, let's say 40 hitpoints of damage, would a skill of 30 inflict higher damage, or is the only use of leveling up skills unlocking new perks stars to spend perk points in?
Kraderic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 10:09 PM   #36
Teh Phantomz

l The Phantom l's Gamercard
Very nice guide, the 1000g will be so worth it.

Party time Party time Party time Party time Party time Party time

We all just need a little bit of Sunshine in our lives.

Teh Phantomz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 10:12 PM   #37
Webb
Ninja Editor

Webb x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase x360a Representer   Referrals - Gold   PAX Meet 2010   x360a Book Club   A+ Thread Award   Achievement Guide - Silver   Staff - Administrator   10,000 posts   Submit - Gold   Bright Idea   Gears of War Tournament Final Four   NBA Live 1000 People Online Supporter
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kraderic View Post
I'm confused about the skills.

Is there a difference in power/intensity/damage from having a skill of 20 and a skill of 30 in destruction, assuming you haven't placed any perk points in that skill's constellation?

Like, if having a skill of 20 would normally dish out, let's say 40 hitpoints of damage, would a skill of 30 inflict higher damage, or is the only use of leveling up skills unlocking new perks stars to spend perk points in?
Whilst there's no specific stats as such, that's pretty much how it works, yes. How do I know? Easy, because as I was levelling up my archery skill, I noticed that the damage on my bow in the inventory was going up at the same time. There's a little blurb during one of the menu screens as well that says it improves accuracy, damage, etc.

Marge: We could get more involved in Bart's activities, but then I'd be afraid of smothering him
Old 11-10-2011, 10:22 PM   #38
Kraderic
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Webb View Post
Whilst there's no specific stats as such, that's pretty much how it works, yes. How do I know? Easy, because as I was levelling up my archery skill, I noticed that the damage on my bow in the inventory was going up at the same time. There's a little blurb during one of the menu screens as well that says it improves accuracy, damage, etc.
Oh okay, that makes me feel a lot better now, because I was planning on saving all my perk points until later into the game but was unsure if leveling up skills was only useful so you could unlock additional perk points. Thanks!
Kraderic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 10:42 PM   #39
Webb
Ninja Editor

Webb x360a's Gamercard

I've done exactly the same, I swear I'm sat on about 6 perks to use now that I'll use as and when I need them.

Old 11-10-2011, 10:55 PM   #40
Stabby

Stabby0780's Gamercard
what level is he, Brain?

I swear, after I read this I had an image in my head. Random, stupid, but ultimately hilarious and had to share...

Napa: "Heeey, Vegita, what ya doin?"

Vegita: "I'm playing Skyrim, Napa! I'm at quite a high level, and it's taken some time, but I now know these puny dragons know themselves to be no match for me, thr Prince of all Saiyans."

Napa: "Wow, that's pretty awesome. What level are you?"

Vegita: "I'm at level 49, and I've logged well over 200 hours."

Napa: "Heh heh heh..."

Vegita: "What's so funny, you great oaf?"

Napa: "I think you should see my save file. I've been level 50 for a long time. I've put in a hell of a lot of time in this game."

Vegita (looking over at Napa's save info) : "Let's see... level 50, hours played...wha...what??!!"

Napa: "What's the matter, Vegita?"

(If you don't see it coming by now, you've been under a rock... that said, here it is!!)

Vegita: "It...IT'S OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAND!"

Vegita then throws Napa into the air and Big Bang Attacks the f*** out of him, all deja-vu style.

Had to share.
This has been a presentation of the random absurdity that dwells in my head. We now return you to your regularly-topic'd thread.
Stabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 11:45 PM   #41
Telekiller7

Telekiller5's Gamercard
Quote:
Wanted - 10
Escape from jail

Harder than it sounds, in all honesty. I simply went to Solitude, pickpocketed someone, got caught and submitted, saying take me to jail. When in jail, in the back corner of the room you can activate some loose rubble and it’ll create a hole that’ll allow you to escape ridiculously easily. Probably the easiest 10Gs in the game!
.....typo?

edit: yaaay i (extremely slightly) contributed!

I got my high GS thanks to www.Gamefly.com, you should too! (I WISH this was a paid advertisement )

Last edited by Telekiller7; 11-11-2011 at 03:29 AM.
Telekiller7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 12:11 AM   #42
Webb
Ninja Editor

Webb x360a's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by rza_2002 View Post
Masque of Clavicus Vile - the guard tells you the blacksmith has lost his dog, start the quest, find a talking dog, meet clavicus vile, DO NOT kill barbas with the axe, give it back to Clavicus [Quest Name - A Daedra's Best Friend]
Can you remember where this one was dude? Thanks in advance.

Oh, and TK, I thought it was hard to start with until I found a shortcut... forget to delete it

Old 11-11-2011, 01:35 AM   #43
Xenolith666

Xenolith666's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   Staff Club - Never Final   Staff Club - Gackt   Staff Club - * Clueless *   Over Achiever - Gold   Micro Guide - Silver   1,000 Posts   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Bronze
Total Awards: 9 (more» ...)
Damn you Webb! You're practically done with the game and it technically doesn't come out until tomorrow! sorry.. it's just jealousy talking! can't wait to play it!
100% RPG's: 38 Post #8
Proudest: Star Ocean; Dark Souls
Failing to Understand our Capacity for Kindness

Xenolith666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 06:18 AM   #44
CuddlyREDRUM

CuddlyREDRUM's Gamercard
Looks good, when you finish the game's Achievements let us know. Sorry to rank, thanks for guide.
CuddlyREDRUM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 09:57 AM   #45
rza_2002

IxI BRADY IxI's Gamercard
Quote:
Can you remember where this one was dude? Thanks in advance. [Clavicus Vile]
my bad its also in Falkreath, i approached from the east and the first guard at the gate mentioned it

Another Good tip to level magic / 2hand is as follows, not sure if i'm retarded but it took me ages to actually realise

Set a spell on both your left and right hands for skills you dont use[and cant level up just by casting on yourself] Left i have (Conjuration - Confure Flame Atronach) & Right (Alteration - Stoneflesh) if you put a 2 handed weapon as a favourite, press up on the dpad then RT to equip it (not sure if it works with 1 handed) at the start of EVERY Battle or whenever you magic is full again, (favourites, RT on the equipped weapon) it removes the weapon and give you your 2 spells again, LT then RT and then equip the weapon again so your levelling 3 skills instead of just the 1

Last edited by rza_2002; 11-11-2011 at 10:11 AM.
rza_2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 10:36 AM   #46
Webb
Ninja Editor

Webb x360a's Gamercard

Quote:
my bad its also in Falkreath, i approached from the east and the first guard at the gate mentioned it

Another Good tip to level magic / 2hand is as follows, not sure if i'm retarded but it took me ages to actually realise

Set a spell on both your left and right hands for skills you dont use[and cant level up just by casting on yourself] Left i have (Conjuration - Confure Flame Atronach) & Right (Alteration - Stoneflesh) if you put a 2 handed weapon as a favourite, press up on the dpad then RT to equip it (not sure if it works with 1 handed) at the start of EVERY Battle or whenever you magic is full again, (favourites, RT on the equipped weapon) it removes the weapon and give you your 2 spells again, LT then RT and then equip the weapon again so your levelling 3 skills instead of just the 1
Yeah, found it last night when searching for the other Falkreath quest. Tar.

Found another Daedric quest as well... Will finish it today and add it to the list:

– During the main quest you’ll meet Septimus Sigmus who will send you off to get an Elder Scrolls. During this quest he will start another quest called “Discearning the Transmundane” where you’ll have to take an imprint of the Elder Scroll on his Lexicon. Giving that to Septimus then opens up the next stage: harvesting blood of an Orc, Dark Elf, Wood Elf, High Elf and Falmer – honestly, do this quest as early as possible so you can grab the blood as you go along. Every time you can harvest some blood it will give you an option when you interact with their corpse (harvest blood or search body). Get all 5 and head back to Septimus’ outpost, north of Winterhold.

I'm up to 41 from 38 in an hour or so from last night just by training, using two-handed weapons (which I never use) and smithing. As many tips though is a good thing

Old 11-11-2011, 12:17 PM   #47
rza_2002

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vile Denial View Post
If you want to reach level 100 in a skill easily (and get a few levels while doing so), I'd recommend smithing. Simply find/buy (I'd recommend buying) all the iron ingots/ore you can, along with leather and leather strips. Warmaiden's is a good place, since the wife outside and husband inside both sell these.

Then simply make iron daggers. Once you run out of iron, switch over to leather bracers. Then sell all the items you've made (can even level up speechcraft here during selling)
This is a good tip, 48 hours for them to restock though took me about 30mins to get the last 30 or so levels I needed for 100 and it costs very little gold as your re-selling [prob cost me about 2000 MAX]

Old 11-11-2011, 02:12 PM   #48
nicklesminer

nicklesminer's Gamercard
Quote:

Potential Daedric Artefacts
(unconfirmed):

These arenít your traditional shrine missions, but Iím fairly sure that killing a Daedric spirit like these and looting their bodies nets you an artefact:

Directly west of Windhelm is a dragon hangout called Shearpoint on the top of the big mountain nearest it. The second peak, furthest away, that is. There is a dragon shout there and it was guarded by a powerful Daedra called Krosis. Struggled at level 24. Grab his mask when you kill him.

Nahkrrin Ė Guarding the portal in one of the last missions

**WORK IN PROGRESS THIS ONE**
I can confirm that the masks do not count towards the achievement. I've collected 3 of them, and only have 3 remaining daedric quests to do for the achievement and it hasn't popped yet.

Also, has anyone found the Namira, Mephala, or Malacath quests? This is the last achievement I need for the full 1k.
nicklesminer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 02:15 PM   #49
rza_2002

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicklesminer View Post
I can confirm that the masks do not count towards the achievement. I've collected 3 of them, and only have 3 remaining daedric quests to do for the achievement and it hasn't popped yet.

Also, has anyone found the Namira, Mephala, or Malacath quests? This is the last achievement I need for the full 1k.
how about telling us where the other quests are that aren't mentioned above
I've only got 8 so far, and 1 active

Old 11-11-2011, 02:35 PM   #50
Webb
Ninja Editor

Webb x360a's Gamercard

Quote:
how about telling us where the other quests are that aren't mentioned above
I've only got 8 so far, and 1 active
Yeah, any assistance in appreciated.

Also, rza, there's 10 in the guide, plus the skeleton key which I have to add, so you're missing 1.

Also... Midden Deep underneath the College of Winterhold, there's a hand, I'm positive this it one but can't work out how to activate it and I've moved the journal that was down here. D'oh!!

Oh, and cheers nickle for the clarification

EDIT: In other news, I've found out a way to activate that hand... there are 4 rings in the Arcadium. I'll let you know how I get on.

EDIT 2: Can't find the rings. Anyone have any ideas?

Last edited by Webb; 11-11-2011 at 02:44 PM.
Old 11-11-2011, 02:49 PM   #51
rza_2002

Quote:
Yeah, any assistance in appreciated.

Also, rza, there's 10 in the guide, plus the skeleton key which I have to add, so you're missing 1.
Yeh the 1 from the main story that i cant do yet as i'm seriously only on about the 3rd quest... Skeleton key doesnt count though as i do have that

EDIT... unless you get to keep it when you complete the final quest

Theres another 1 i think i've found, was in the middle of a quest though will check it out in a bit
EDIT.... yeh below thats the 1 i found

Last edited by rza_2002; 11-11-2011 at 02:52 PM.
Old 11-11-2011, 02:49 PM   #52
nicklesminer

nicklesminer's Gamercard
The only one I see right off hand that I have that isn't listed is Boethiah, her shrine is located east of windhelm on the northern side of the mountains there. You have to convince someone to follow you and sacrifice them on the sacrifice pole there and then she has a quest where you kill her old champion and you get her ebony mail.

Its going to be a moment while I find the others and where the quest starts.

For the skull of corruption, I believe it starts in dawnstar. At the inn there should be a mage named erandur. Talk to him and agree to help him and he'll lead you to the quest.

Sorry about the spoilers, I have no idea how to use the spoiler tags or else I would.

Last edited by nicklesminer; 11-11-2011 at 02:59 PM.
Old 11-11-2011, 03:06 PM   #53
Webb
Ninja Editor

Webb x360a's Gamercard

Quote:
Yeh the 1 from the main story that i cant do yet as i'm seriously only on about the 3rd quest... Skeleton key doesnt count though as i do have that
Skeleton key might not count as a Daedric quest, but it's a Daedric artefact... it's Nocturnal's.

Quote:
The only one I see right off hand that I have that isn't listed is Boethiah, her shrine is located east of windhelm on the northern side of the mountains there. You have to convince someone to follow you and sacrifice them on the sacrifice pole there and then she has a quest where you kill her old champion and you get her ebony mail.
Superb. I'll go and have a look now. Cheers.

If anyone knows what to do with that hand under Winterhold, that'd be great too. That's definitely a Daedric quest, I'm sure of it.

Old 11-11-2011, 03:19 PM   #54
bigbear2face

bigbear2face's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
I still have another couple weeks before I get my copy (getting it for my birthday) but looking at this achievement guide has really made me excited. I loved Oblivion but it was so easy to get a 1000/1000. I'm really looking forward to the challenge and time needed for these achievements.

Quick question to the guide author: Can you craft spells in this game? If so are you able to craft a destruction spell to do minor damage to yourself? That is how I leveled my destruction and restoration skills in Oblivion. I'd craft a fire spell that took little majicka and did little damage, use it till my health was way down then heal myself. Would this work in Skyrim?

Alea Iacta Est
MAL

Awesome pic provided by Dirty130
bigbear2face is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 03:34 PM   #55
Wheatley101UK

Wheatley101UK's Gamercard
Great guide, thanks.

I was really pleased to read that most of the cheevos can be gained by simply playing the game - it's games like these that i like to just play and not follow guides as rigidly as i usually would.
Wheatley101UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 03:36 PM   #56
nicklesminer

nicklesminer's Gamercard
Quote:

If anyone knows what to do with that hand under Winterhold, that'd be great too. That's definitely a Daedric quest, I'm sure of it.
Grab the rings from the chest and then go back down to the hand. The rings have to be put on in a specific order, i.e. I just choose rings until it took it and then continues onto the next one, can't recall the specific order though. Not sure if its an artefact quest or not, but its daedric. You get a treasure map for it, but I'm not sure exactly where it leads.

Last edited by nicklesminer; 11-11-2011 at 03:48 PM.
Old 11-11-2011, 04:22 PM   #57
Webb
Ninja Editor

Webb x360a's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbear2face View Post
Quick question to the guide author: Can you craft spells in this game? If so are you able to craft a destruction spell to do minor damage to yourself? That is how I leveled my destruction and restoration skills in Oblivion. I'd craft a fire spell that took little majicka and did little damage, use it till my health was way down then heal myself. Would this work in Skyrim?
You can't craft spells, no, however, I'm not sure that tactic works ye. Not tried it. Will do though when I get a sec

Quote:
Grab the rings from the chest and then go back down to the hand. The rings have to be put on in a specific order, i.e. I just choose rings until it took it and then continues onto the next one, can't recall the specific order though. Not sure if its an artefact quest or not, but its daedric. You get a treasure map for it, but I'm not sure exactly where it leads.
Forgive me for sounding stupid... but what chest? In the Arcaneum? You mean the glass thing with the four books in? If so... I need the key. Any ideas?

Old 11-11-2011, 04:40 PM   #58
xXmyxxmastaXx

xXmyxxmastaXx's Gamercard

Webb is there gore in this game? it was one of the things i liked from fallout 3 and new vegas.
xXmyxxmastaXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 04:57 PM   #59
nicklesminer

nicklesminer's Gamercard
In the Arcaneum there is a chest called investigators chest. Its along the wall in the backish. You picked up the key when you picked up the book about the rings (its literally on top of it)
Old 11-11-2011, 05:47 PM   #60
Xenolith666

Xenolith666's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   Staff Club - Never Final   Staff Club - Gackt   Staff Club - * Clueless *   Over Achiever - Gold   Micro Guide - Silver   1,000 Posts   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Bronze
Total Awards: 9 (more» ...)
Question on the guild related achievements; can you do all the guild achievements on 1 character in 1 playthrough? Or do you need separate saves and the like. I only ask because in Oblivion, it was possible to join all the guilds as 1 character.. just wondering if they changed it. Or are any races/classes not allowed to join a certain guild. Thanx!
100% RPG's: 38 Post #8
Proudest: Star Ocean; Dark Souls
Failing to Understand our Capacity for Kindness

Xenolith666 is offline   Reply With Quote