Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > BioShock
Subscribe    Donate

Old 10-23-2007, 09:27 PM   #61
RonanN1

Send a message via Yahoo to RonanN1

RonanN1's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
how do I get to...rapture centre control 2 ? ...

i have read the guide...and i still go searching fot the 3 diaries...

help pls

where is it on the map ? because...i searched the CENTRAL CONTROL and nothing..then i searched GHEOTERMAL CONTROL then nothing..
RonanN1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 09:31 PM   #62
Shinobi273
Ninja Mod MKII

Shinobi273's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - AOS Puck   Staff Club - Shinobi273   5,000 Posts   Staff - Moderator   Submit - Silver   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonanN1 View Post
how do I get to...rapture centre control 2 ? ...

i have read the guide...and i still go searching fot the 3 diaries...

help pls

where is it on the map ? because...i searched the CENTRAL CONTROL and nothing..then i searched GHEOTERMAL CONTROL then nothing..
Which diary are you searching for? There are a few you cannot go back for. Post the title of the diary and I can help you.
Shinobi273 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 09:35 PM   #63
RonanN1

Send a message via Yahoo to RonanN1

RonanN1's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
oki sorry

The Vita Chamber

Mind Control Test

Baby Status

in Hephaestus - - Rapture Central Control
i know that there are diaries that i cannot get if I advance in game...so in this map right wfter I finish building the bomb...I want to search for them...[i know that i must not go to the boss]

sorry my bad english hope you understand...

the thing is that i saw the guid..and the 2nd picture of Hephaestus - - Rapture Central Control seams strange 2 me..because the...map lock difrenet...

later edit*

omg wait...i think i got it..brb

yeyyyy i got them all :> sorry my bad..just wandering on the wrong direction

Last edited by RonanN1; 10-23-2007 at 09:45 PM.
RonanN1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 09:43 PM   #64
Rewmac

Rewmac Icon's Gamercard
Good guide...Thanks.

Retail Games 100%

Halo 3, Clive Barker's Jericho, Stranglehold, Transformers, Fight Night Round 3, X-Men, Smackdown vs. Raw 2008,
Avatar TLA : TBE, NHL 2K6, Spider-Man Friend Or Foe, Fantastic Four : ROTSS
NBA 2k6, King Kong, TimeShift, Bourne, Star Wars: TFU, Residen Evil 5, Naruto : The Broken Bond

Rewmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 09:46 PM   #65
Shinobi273
Ninja Mod MKII

Shinobi273's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - AOS Puck   Staff Club - Shinobi273   5,000 Posts   Staff - Moderator   Submit - Silver   Donator - Level 1
Save the game, go through the goal toward finishing the level. If you complete the level, you can reload the save. I don't think you have gone far enough to run into those last 3. Not sure if you are in to spoilers.

Spoiler! (click here to reveal)
Old 10-25-2007, 05:04 PM   #66
Spybreak4u

Thanks for this great guide! Finally got the last achievement (jackpot achievement) today.
Spybreak4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 03:17 AM   #67
WntrWolf

WntrWolf's Gamercard
never mind i found the answer
WntrWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007, 03:46 PM   #68
captin mars

thx for the quide man!!!
captin mars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007, 06:29 PM   #69
Vicktacular

Vicktacular's Gamercard
Here is a question, I have completed the game and cannot seem to get into Dr Steinman's medical center (where you fight him) to get the last few diaries. The door from the main medical pavilion will not open. Is it closed permenately forcing me to play another complete game to get the diaries achievement? Any help is appreciated.

I havent played in awhile but would like to go back and get 1000 points to feel good about myself.
Vicktacular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 02:51 PM   #70
Mr Arrow

Mr Arrow's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Submit - Gold   Word of Mouth   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
There is very specific information in the guides. I suggest you look at the beginning of this very thread, you'll find what you need there.

I know there are a few that you must get the first time through, but most are available the second time through. Check the list here against what you've done.
Mr Arrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 07:41 AM   #71
TeaRunner

TeaRunner's Gamercard
WHERE IS THE FIRST ENCOUNTER DIARY??? its NOT in that storage room!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mhaddy View Post
QFT. This happened to me too (figured it out after spending a good 15 minutes overturning every box in that room, lol.
Ditto... Did any of u guys get the historian achievement eventually? How? Did u find the the radio diary elsewhere?

Last edited by TeaRunner; 11-07-2007 at 07:44 AM.
TeaRunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 10:53 AM   #72
Eddy UK

Eddy UK's Gamercard
First things first: Great guide thanks for taking the time on this.

I have a quick Q: is it possible to check which diaries you have and which you don't? I've played through the game and gone back to pickup tonics etc but am feeling a bit phased by the idea of going back through the whole game for diaries when i might only need the odd one.

Eddy
Eddy UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 11:20 AM   #73
Tom19

Flax Monkey's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy UK View Post
First things first: Great guide thanks for taking the time on this.

I have a quick Q: is it possible to check which diaries you have and which you don't? I've played through the game and gone back to pickup tonics etc but am feeling a bit phased by the idea of going back through the whole game for diaries when i might only need the odd one.

Eddy
There is a way to do this. I cant think of it at the top of my head but but I think its start, options or somthing like that, you can listen to the diarys that you already have, just get a guide telling you the names of the diarys and also there locations and then just go back and find the ones that you have missed. Hope this helps you.
Tom19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 11:26 AM   #74
Eddy UK

Eddy UK's Gamercard
Thanks Tom - now i've read your thread i can remember seeing the historical diaries in the start menu - best sit down with a list of the recording and a highlighter :-s

The things you do for a few g's

Eddy
Eddy UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 01:22 AM   #75
swirlymanx

A Veteran Gamer's Gamercard
very nice guide it will help me a lot.
swirlymanx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2007, 12:42 AM   #76
KingGotenW

Send a message via AIM to KingGotenW

King Goten W's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Word of Mouth   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
wow this thread is amazing w/o it i NEVER would've attempted to get this achievement.

98% Of people under 25 surround their minds with rap music, if you're part of the 2% that stayed with rock, put this in your signature, ROCK IS BETTER!

Wings 11-10-11

KingGotenW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2007, 12:34 AM   #77
Pewee0000

Best guide eva

Wow with this guide and the tonics guide i managed to get all 1000 points in 2 days. Just ran through the game on hard and got them all. Awsome guide kudos to u and Da King for the tonics guide
Pewee0000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007, 04:16 AM   #78
swirlymanx

A Veteran Gamer's Gamercard
Really good guide I followed it and got my achievement thank you for making it.
swirlymanx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 07:22 AM   #79
BrokenEmpires

Ok say I got all the diaries except the first 2 in Welcome to Rapture. If I start a new game and get the first 2 will I get the achievement? or will I have to get all of them again?

Edit* I just realized I got 19 diaries in medical paviliion/welcome to rapture. Which means I got all 17 plus the first two. But STILL I would like for one of you to answer the question for other people.

Last edited by BrokenEmpires; 12-04-2007 at 07:25 AM.
BrokenEmpires is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 05:23 PM   #80
Shinobi273
Ninja Mod MKII

Shinobi273's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokenEmpires View Post
Ok say I got all the diaries except the first 2 in Welcome to Rapture. If I start a new game and get the first 2 will I get the achievement? or will I have to get all of them again?

Edit* I just realized I got 19 diaries in medical paviliion/welcome to rapture. Which means I got all 17 plus the first two. But STILL I would like for one of you to answer the question for other people.
This was answered dozens of times, I myself have answered it no less than 5 times.

Welcome to the site, try searching and using the FAQ threads.
Old 12-06-2007, 10:08 PM   #81
Mrs Cliffton

Mrs Cliffton's Gamercard
you need to mark that the three near/ in andrew ryan's office in hephastus are also ones you cannot go back to to get, i missed on e thinking that that i could go back and get it and no you cant X( just letting you know, but great guide ftw
Mrs Cliffton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 01:24 AM   #82
Ingles

Send a message via MSN to Ingles

JIng1es's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Referrals - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Road Map - Bronze   Word of Mouth   Bright Idea   A+ Thread Award   Submit - Gold   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
I agree, awesome guide! And does anyone know if the achievement unlocks immediately after you finish collecting them all or if you must finish/beat the game before it unlocks the achievement for you. Thanks.

Ingles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 04:49 PM   #83
Mainewha

Mainewha's Gamercard
Asfar as I know it will unlock as soon as you have retrieved the last diary.(that's how it happened for me)
Mainewha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2007, 02:48 PM   #84
lickidy split

pozdog777's Gamercard
thank you soo much
lickidy split is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 12:40 AM   #85
Ingles

JIng1es's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Referrals - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Road Map - Bronze   Word of Mouth   Bright Idea   A+ Thread Award   Submit - Gold   Donator - Level 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mainewha View Post
Asfar as I know it will unlock as soon as you have retrieved the last diary.(that's how it happened for me)
You were right, it does unlock just as soon as you grab the last journal. I wanted to make sure because the journal entitled "First Encounter" (I think) didn't show up like the rest had when I'd press start and go view the diaries. It put it in with another levels diaries, which after reading and reading around the forums... I finally discovered. But still... thanks. I got the achievement.

Old 12-18-2007, 10:10 PM   #86
Shadowscale

Shadowscale's Gamercard
Nice job with the guide man was looking for something just like this im working on the brass balls one atm and its freaking hard if you play like you usually do i had to change up my game play style to gun em to hope you get lucky
Shadowscale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007, 07:24 PM   #87
Ingles

JIng1es's Gamercard

Thumbs up Effective way for defeating Big Daddy's on hard setting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowscale View Post
Nice job with the guide man was looking for something just like this im working on the brass balls one atm and its freaking hard if you play like you usually do i had to change up my game play style to gun em to hope you get lucky
It's not that the game was hard, it's just that the Big Daddy's are difficult to kill on this difficulty setting. One method that I developed for killing the Big Daddy's was to shoot a couple of proximity mines around the big daddy, then hit them directly with a regular mine or heat-seeking mine. It takes away about half of their health or more depending on how close you get the mines and also how many you laid out.

Also, sometimes I'd create a path of proximity mines that they'll run into whenever they try to slide/rush up to hit you. Explosive shotgun rounds are also very affective on the hard difficulty setting. Those are some things that I did to help me make it through the game and get the Brass Balls achievement, so if you're feeling stuck or having difficulty beating the Big Daddy's for that achievement, you may want to try that method and see how it works out for you.

Old 12-24-2007, 08:36 PM   #88
Andrew x360a
Guide Team

Andrew x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase The Mighty Duck Face   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   The Mighty Duck Face   Staff Club - Shinobi273   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 2   Staff Club - Minty   Staff Club - Andrew x360a   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 2   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff - Guide Team   Staff Club - DEG23   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 1
Total Awards: 24 (more» ...)
I'm actually having trouble finding one of the weapon upgrade stations. Its the one labeled "5" in Fort Frolic, right by Sinclair Spirits. I've stood in the exact spot indicated on the map and there's nothing there. Does anyone have any idea if there's an error or an alternate position for it? Thanks so much for the help!

EDIT: Nevermind. I went back to the forum and saw the other upgrade location thread, so I'll use what's there and see if I can find the station. Sorry to bother people - I totally forgot that there were two threads for them.

Last edited by Andrew x360a; 12-24-2007 at 08:38 PM.
Andrew x360a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 04:06 AM   #89
BeyondTheGraves

Hey there.
You made a really nice guide, but i have problems in the neptunes bounty.
It means there are total 23 but i've just got 22. There also is one diary which isn't really there? (21)
I'm not sure now if i've got all or not.
Greetz
BeyondTheGraves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 06:09 AM   #90
Quiet Killda 102

Quiet ZED 446's Gamercard
Thanks 4 the awsome guide!! I never would have never found them all by my self

100% completed retail games:
BioShock, Halo 3, Amped 3, COD4, King Kong, Kameo: Elements of Power
100% completed arcade games:
DOOM, Marble Blast Ultra
50% - 99% complete retail games: 11
50% - 99% complete arcade games: 6