PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > RPG > Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
Subscribe    Donate

Old 11-12-2011, 08:43 PM   #1
Wildmn34

Wildmn34's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Your humorous/WTF/Holy crap moments here

I was going to just post one thing in a nee thread but figured why not make a thread for a collection of good stories about encounters/experiences/etc that we have had in Skyrim.

Be warned that by the very nature of the thread there may be spoilers.

So, I'll start with my best one from last night.

I was going to the High Hrothgar. I was in the beautiful woods at the town before you go up the steps.

Off to my right I see a blue butterfly. "ooh pretty" So I start to chase it. It's a crafty little bugger, and does a brutal Barry Sanders double juke and gets past me. So, I turn to go back after it and get absolutely blasted by a bear. I never even had a chance to pull my ax, or a spell, or anything.

The only thing I managed to do was a little squeak of surprise and promptly dropped my controller and as I was picking it up watched this bear finish me off.

So, yes friends I was killed all because of a damn butterfly. I have learned my lesson and have an iron will not to repeat it. Unless of course I see something shiny once again and then the chase is on!

So, pull up a chair and a warm glass of mead and share your stories of times when you were less than stellar, and made judgments that a nine year old would scoff at.

I bid thee well, and look forward to your tales.

Thanks Rajeanero for the awesome work.
Wildmn34 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 08:49 PM   #2
grumpiercloud

Send a message via Skype™ to grumpiercloud

Grumpiercloud's Gamercard
I was jumping around (Because I keep forgetting there isn't an acrobatics skill) and apparently my guy tripped on a skull and it shot up, hit him in the face and he died.
grumpiercloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 08:53 PM   #3
bok249

bok249's Gamercard
at level 2, my first encounter with one of those giants. I had no idea what to expect so i went in with dual flame spells active. Apparently he thought he was playing golf, and i was the golf ball, cause when that club hit me i got launched into orbit.
bok249 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 08:59 PM   #4
PhR33kN SlAcK3r

phr33kn SlAcK3r's Gamercard
LoL...!! o_O
PhR33kN SlAcK3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 08:59 PM   #5
Miss Informed

miss informed's Gamercard
I whacked a woolly mammoth on the butt with my mace. I got trampled, and yes, I did die tired, as I used up all my stamina trying to run.
Old 11-12-2011, 09:07 PM   #6
MakoBallistic

MakoBallistic's Gamercard
More of an 'Oh my god, im such a dumbass' moment than a WTF moment, but here it is...

I was doing the first main quest for the College of Winterhold to get my mage training or whatever, i was down in the tunnels and came across a door, with 2 statues with symbols above them either side of it. So i thought 'Ok, match the symbols, pull the lever, job done'. Matched the symbols, hit the lever, got shot by about 30 poisonous arrows. So i thought hmm ok, lets try that again with the symbols the other way around, didnt work, shot by more arrows. For the next 15 minutes i was spinning these statues around in every possible combination trying to get the damn door to open. When i do finally give up, i turn around to leave and try another quest when i notice there are 2 more sets of statues directly behind me.....

Facepalm.

Hater's Gonna Hate, Hacker's Gonna Hack, Douche's Gonna Troll
MakoBallistic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 09:09 PM   #7
BluWolve

BluWolve's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 5   Subscriber - Platinum   Submit - Silver   A+ Thread Award   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Lack of sleep has left me unable to think quite well, but the first thing that comes to mind is this.

After about 18 hours of gameplay, I decided to spoil myself and buy a horse. As I was riding out of Whiterun heading towards Riverwood (my stash of books is there and I had some more to add to my library ) I saw a lady running towards me screaming "Help us please help us!" and then noticed two guards nocking arrows and aiming towards the sky. Oh how excited I was to have my first random encounter with a dragon!

Quickly I dismounted my horse and proceeded to nock my own arrow and line up my shot. There it was, a dragon headed in my direction, blasting a stream of firey breath straight towards ... my horse?

Needless to say my poor pony took off at a gallop towards the mountains, with the dragon hot on her heels. It was about this time that I found myself sprinting as fast as I could yelling "COME BACK!!" at the TV, 4:30 AM.

Don't worry folks, a happy ending was had by all! Ok well sort of....

After about 5 minutes I caught up to where my horse had gotten stuck on the mountainside and proceeded to loose arrow after arrow at the bastard who was torching my brand spanking new horse.

Finally I got it's attention and it came down to fight someone it's own size, I let out my rage and defended my horsies honor. As the dragon took one final blow from my (Exquisite) Scimitar, I let out a roar of victory.

That is when my Mrs threw a cushion at me and roared louder than any dragon possibly could to "Shut the hell up!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astinus, Chronicler of the History of Krynn
History should note, however, that the Light would have been doomed to failure if not for one man who chose to walk in Darkness
BluWolve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 09:56 PM   #8
Vundi

I got the angry giant orbital gold swing treatment, too. I was so high it looked like the zoomed in world map. Haha! I almost didn't mind being killed.
Vundi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 10:09 PM   #9
Bulletman

Bulletman uk's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
I decided to take a swim in the northern Ice lakes only to get trapped under the solid ice on top. Guess what? I liv... No, I died.

Chassing a bunny rabit into a giants den wasn't the best idea either...

Thanks to Cpt Slaugh7er for this excellent sig.

Last edited by Bulletman; 11-13-2011 at 02:48 AM.
Bulletman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 10:49 PM   #10
Wildmn34

Wildmn34's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulletman View Post
Chassing a bunny rabit into a giants den wasn't the best idea either...
It's so easy for me to get distracted with things like that and end up in a really bad spot.

Butterflies, rabbits, elk... the list goes on and on. lol

Old 11-12-2011, 10:50 PM   #11
BBDrew84

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
I am definitely guilty of running up to the first Giant I saw and tried to take it down, but with one feel swoop he stomped me into the ground.

I did just have a WTF moment, I went to Bleak Falls Temple and there is part of the a river that is flowing up hill. I went around the corner and I saw that and I just laughed because around the next corner the river was flowing down hill.
BBDrew84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 11:18 PM   #12
Paka

bucfanpaka's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1   Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vundi View Post
I got the angry giant orbital gold swing treatment, too. I was so high it looked like the zoomed in world map. Haha! I almost didn't mind being killed.
Yep, this here too. It treated my poor lil Imperial like a baseball and sent her absolutely out of the park!

Also, had a dragon attack this farm where two dark elf sisters lived. Guard almost finishes off the dragon before I can even get there, and afterwards complains how his cousin is off fighting dragons while he is stuck on guard duty. The dragon killed the younger dark elf girl too, and her sister, who was yelling at her for being lazy not too long before, is standing there over her corpse like "whatever!" and making casual conversational comments to me.

Oh, and of course the little kid that took out a hit on me. Still debating whether to off his dog as a lesson.

Saw what looked like a corpse in the hot springs at a distance, but nope, not a corpse. A male and female hunter stripped down enjoying a bath. So I ran off with the clothes on the bank.

ETA: Forgot, also the dumbass bandit who ran screaming at me how I picked a bad time to get lost, and proceeded to get one-shotted with a sword through the gut! The kill animation was so seemless that it looked like he ran full speed into my sword.

Last edited by Paka; 11-12-2011 at 11:31 PM.
Paka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 11:30 PM   #13
DecadentBeaver

DecadentBeaver's Gamercard

The first dragon you face just west of Whiterun had me in stitches. After shooting arrows for a couple of minutes, it landed next to the tower. A guard ran up to it to attack, and the dragon picked him up in his mouth, shook him violently, then let him go. Needless to say, being hurled into a solid stone tower is a great way to die.

First time ever in an Elder Scrolls game, I have decided to use Archery. So I was chasinh an Elk tryin to kill him, when we both ran off a cliff to our deaths like Lemmings.

Sure I'll have many more moments.

Looking for people to join me in an epic Minecraft build once again. Its in creative, so if you are interested, message me for details.
DecadentBeaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 11:31 PM   #14
eldavido13

eldavido13's Gamercard
I fast traveled to Dawnstar, I see a dragon a little ways away. Its fighting something I think guards maybe I cant see because of a cliff. I run over to help kill this Dragon, It was fighting 2 Giants!, I watched from the cliff and shot fireballs at it till it died, then the 2 giants(nearly dead) came after me. Running away and shooting fireballs worked well, 3 big kills at once it was great!

eldavido13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 11:38 PM   #15
rc deaths agent

rc deaths agent's Gamercard
I was on the golden claw quest and right after i cut the bandit down and he took off with the claw i gat destracted and started looting stuff. Right about that time he ran smack into the trap door (which i didn't see) all i heard was a death cry and all a sudden he went flying over my head and smashed into the wall...lol, i was like WTF!!

Then i casually looted his body and took the golden claw lmao.
rc deaths agent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 12:49 AM   #16
Wildmn34

Wildmn34's Gamercard

I really really need to stop chasing butterflies.

Like seriously stop. I just ran into a dragon because of a butterfly. I ran the other way.

I love the random encounters. Unless I wind up dead, then they are not nearly as much fun.

Old 11-13-2011, 12:58 AM   #17
AKirk93

AKirk93's Gamercard
I was randomly travelling through the countryside when I accidentally wandered into a giants camp. The Giant didn't pay any attention to me though so I doubled back to walk round the camp, careful not to upset the Giants herd of Mammoths as I went.

As I was walking round the camp, a group of four bandits came charging out from behind some rocks, obviously thinking that a single Dunmer was an easy target. Taken by surprise, I barely had time to arm my self before they reached me.

Thinking I was done for, I was surprised to feel the ground moving beneath my feet. Looking to my left, I watched as two of the Mammoths charged down the hill at the bandits, with the Giant just behind them. I finished off the bandit who had engaged me, the Mammoths took out another and the Giant killed the other two before they had time to blink. His herd safe, the Giant headed back to his camp and I continued my journey with plenty of respect for the larger inhabitants of Skyrim.
Old 11-13-2011, 01:18 AM   #18
Wildmn34

Wildmn34's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKirk93 View Post
I was randomly travelling through the countryside when I accidentally wandered into a giants camp. The Giant didn't pay any attention to me though so I doubled back to walk round the camp, careful not to upset the Giants herd of Mammoths as I went.

As I was walking round the camp, a group of four bandits came charging out from behind some rocks, obviously thinking that a single Dunmer was an easy target. Taken by surprise, I barely had time to arm my self before they reached me.

Thinking I was done for, I was surprised to feel the ground moving beneath my feet. Looking to my left, I watched as two of the Mammoths charged down the hill at the bandits, with the Giant just behind them. I finished off the bandit who had engaged me, the Mammoths took out another and the Giant killed the other two before they had time to blink. His herd safe, the Giant headed back to his camp and I continued my journey with plenty of respect for the larger inhabitants of Skyrim.
^ that would have been really cool to see.

Old 11-13-2011, 01:34 AM   #19
Paka

bucfanpaka's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1   Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Talking

Well, here is another, though it is more the people of Riverwood who will be saying WTF? Damn dragon sure picked a perfect spot to bite the dust, right in the middle of the road! - http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5...nroadblock.jpg

Biggest issue I'm having with random dragons so far actually is that they are showing up in populated areas. I know I've lost one NPC already, and now I've got to go hunting around for bodies after killing them to see who else the dragon took down with it.
Old 11-13-2011, 01:40 AM   #20
Wildmn34

Wildmn34's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paka View Post
Well, here is another, though it is more the people of Riverwood who will be saying WTF? Damn dragon sure picked a perfect spot to bite the dust, right in the middle of the road! - http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5...nroadblock.jpg

Biggest issue I'm having with random dragons so far actually is that they are showing up in populated areas. I know I've lost one NPC already, and now I've got to go hunting around for bodies after killing them to see who else the dragon took down with it.
That reminds me of a scene out of the Flintstones. lol

Old 11-13-2011, 01:56 AM   #21
neonistje

neonistje's Gamercard
Engaging with a dragon making him land/crash near a gaint and the gaint killed him for me
neonistje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 02:13 AM   #22
tompeeper

Tom Peeper's Gamercard
I took off all my armor and was only wearing my underoos and a little girl said "you're naked!" and I laughed. She was so amused by my lack of clothes.
tompeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 02:28 AM   #23
Bulletman

Bulletman uk's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
So I'm in the hot springs/geysers Dragon lair and a random Dragon shows up and attacks me... Hell yeah, Werewolf boi vs two Dragons......... Dragons didn't land, couldnt attack them... Noooooo!!! I wanted some werewolf Chuck Noris shit to go down... On the flip side I did see a Mammoth get sent miles by a geyser.

My character is called Chuck Noris by the way.

Thanks to Cpt Slaugh7er for this excellent sig.

Last edited by Bulletman; 11-13-2011 at 02:47 AM.
Bulletman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 02:35 AM   #24
StolenPaper18

StolenPaper18's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   XBA Promoter   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Best thing I've seen in the game yet, is when a Giant was fighting a Mammoth and all of a sudden the mammoth launched straight up in the air and was out of sight for a few seconds before it came crashing back down. I honestly laughed for a solid 5 minutes.
Old 11-13-2011, 02:36 AM   #25
UnderwoodLynch

UnderwoodLynch's Gamercard
It had to be when a dragon was killed by a horse while distracted by guards. That was just too funny.
UnderwoodLynch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 02:40 AM   #26
ladyvader

ladyvader's Gamercard
For me so far, it's running into the Giants and one of them using my head as a spike that needed to get hit into the ground. One whack and dead.

ladyvader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 02:41 AM   #27
SlySi1976

SlySi1976's Gamercard
Well i was doing a task for a lady, it was getting her a mammoth tusk. I did finnaly come across one then saw the giant with it, now i know i aint taking no giant on after previous encounters of flying. Anyway i turned around becoz a wolf came at me, killed him and turned back around and the mammoth was about 40 foot up in thin air then dropped. I carefully snuck up to it avoiding giant and searched it and there was my tusk, fast travel back to whitrun task done... 10/10 goty for me
SlySi1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 03:53 AM   #28
JukGoSipAu

JukGoSipAu's Gamercard
For all the victims of Giants:

North East of Whiterun (Dragonreach) there is a Standing Stone with reanimate corpse. East of that stone is Gulden's Rock that is usually inhabited by two giants (also a misc. objective bounty from Whiterun.) Kill two Giants and then reanimate them. Go east a little further along the riverbed to a Highway Bandit toll bridge. Decline payment or attack afterwards.

Watch as your two shiny new Giants play ball.
JukGoSipAu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 05:25 AM   #29
GhostCamarox75

GhostCamaroX75's Gamercard
I was doing the Diplomatic Immunity mission and was at the part to go in and had already gotten rid of everything when suddenly A DRAGON APPEARS AND I HAD NOTHING!!! It was so cool lol killed it with fire definitely epic wish I had recorded it
GhostCamarox75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 05:39 AM   #30
H1gher Reflex

H1gher Reflex's Gamercard
This one is more of an Easter egg but also humorous.

When walking around towns every now and then I'll hear a guard say "Let me guess, someone stole your sweet roll."

Edit:
Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostCamarox75 View Post
I was doing the Diplomatic Immunity mission and was at the part to go in and had already gotten rid of everything when suddenly A DRAGON APPEARS AND I HAD NOTHING!!! It was so cool lol killed it with fire definitely epic wish I had recorded it
The SAME thing happened to me! I was like "are you f#$king serious!?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by B A R 4 D View Post
Who gives a fuck if you're a bad sport, you have a tank..

Last edited by H1gher Reflex; 11-13-2011 at 05:41 AM.
H1gher Reflex is offline   Reply With Quote