PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > RPG > Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
Subscribe    Donate

Old 11-13-2011, 02:51 AM   #1
Grohlvana

grohlvana's Gamercard
Can you not kill ANYONE in the Thieves Guild?

Ok so I'm at (Minor Spoiler)-

-The Thieves Guild quest where you tail Gulum-Ei through the trading company then inside the cave, and there's bandits all over the place. I specifically remember Vex saying "No one gets killed, we're thieves not assassins.", so I'm wondering, can I not kill anyone, even these insta-aggro bandits? Because I CAN sneak past everyone, but that's keeping in mind I have 90 sneak and the Dark Brotherhood stuff on, which would be extremely hard for people that start the Thieves Guild right off the bat.

I don't want to finish this mission just to get no reward because I killed someone, just like the previous one where you burn the beehives, and even though I did only burn three when I went back Brynjolf said I burned more than three and I didn't get a reward.

So here I am at the end of this cave, looking at Gulum-Ei with a bandit right next to him. I have to confront him, and I know if I do that bandit will try to kill me. So I'm ASSUMING you can kill these bandits, but I just want to be sure.

Help?
Grohlvana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 04:03 AM   #2
Annalie

Send a message via MSN to Annalie Send a message via Yahoo to Annalie

Sarena89's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Tyger7   Staff Club - Shinobi273   Staff Club - AOS Puck   1,000 Posts   Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
I killed the bandits... so... just kill them. they're bandits they deserved to be killed.

Annalie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 10:50 AM   #3
ODGlock

Drew K83's Gamercard
I've done quite a few thieves guild quests and killed a ton of people on most of them and never have gotten a negative outcome or comment from anyone.
ODGlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 11:44 AM   #4
Killerchronic

Ki11erC's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Bandits and the like are fair game, i too got worried about this, but oddly only thought about it at the end.

Killing the mark however is frowned upon.

It seems its stated in the quest text in this game if killing is going to be taken into account, when its not it seems you usually have to or can kill but not the final target. Either way providing you dont get caught you will only lose your gold reward.
30k Hit - 05/07/10
40k Hit - 13/09/10
50K Hit - 31/05/11
Killerchronic is offline   Reply With Quote