PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Racing > DiRT 2
Subscribe    Donate

Old 06-14-2010, 06:03 AM   #1
Ryuzaki47

How long did it take for you to beat it? and 0 replay value :(

Beat it in about 5 hours, all races 1st place, AWESOME game, but no replay value to me, how long did it take you guys and what about the replay value?
Ryuzaki47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 04:21 PM   #2
JLogan27

JLogan27's Gamercard
I think it has great replay value...online or you can do the races at a harder level.
Old 06-16-2010, 07:49 PM   #3
AdiAins

Dayvan ilo's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Took me longer than five hours, but then again I also did every single race, to get the achievement. I want to go back through and try and use the MG as much as possible, I didn't discover the car til I was almost done with the game.

AdiAins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 02:27 PM   #4
Ryuzaki47

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdiAins View Post
Took me longer than five hours, but then again I also did every single race, to get the achievement. I want to go back through and try and use the MG as much as possible, I didn't discover the car til I was almost done with the game.
I went through them all on Easy a 2nd time through, I wanted that achievement too lol.
Old 07-22-2010, 01:21 PM   #5
JayBrown

Dreamseller57's Gamercard
raced all races from the start. great game, but most racing games dont have the replay factor with them, mainly because they are tedious and slow. however, this game is fantastic, online is close and skillful racing (most of the time) makes it exciting. also went through on the harder difficulties and was really enjoyable.

100%: DiRT 2, Grid
JayBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 08:58 PM   #6
Ryuzaki47

Wow, so I had rented that game from Gamestop what feels like ages ago, rented it again, and oh my god I suck so badly at it now... Like damn.
Old 08-09-2010, 10:41 AM   #7
RYARNI

RYARNI's Gamercard
Thought the loading times added up between races was more than 5 hours, really doubt you did it in that time... there's 100 events!
RYARNI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 02:40 AM   #8
UNBOUND

massmrdr's Gamercard
How does it stack up in terms of fun though? I loved the first Dirt but am somewhat hesitant on Dirt 2 due to the fact I've heard it was repetitive and missing some of the more fun aspects of the first game.
UNBOUND is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 08:41 AM   #9
Atariboy

LeoAmes17's Gamercard
You need to check your stats since you didn't finish every race in 1st place in career in 5 hours.

I lost and had to restart perhaps 15 races during career when I played through the game for the first time last month (Not a huge chunk of time lost and I don't think I ever had to restart a race more than once), and it took over 10 hours to play through career just restarting those few races and not repeating events I've already won. Combined with some multiplayer since then to get up to level 15 online and I'm well over 15 hours invested now.

And I still have to get up to level 30 for that final achievement. This is easily a 20+ hour game for anyone that wants to fully beat single player by finishing first in every event and buying every car and get the full 1000 achievement points.

And I just fairly recently replayed Dirt (Primarily for the fun, but also to get that 1000 miles career achievement done) and I easily see myself running through at least a few events in each country a couple of years down the road to revisit the sequel. I doubt I'll ever start from scratch though.

Last edited by Atariboy; 02-09-2011 at 08:47 AM.
Atariboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 05:51 PM   #10
Mike2010

Done 62 events so far and my driving time is 7 hours once i have got this done im going on to multiplayer.
Also done mcrae event and three of the tour events on the right
Mike2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 05:28 PM   #11
Giddimani

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNBOUND View Post
How does it stack up in terms of fun though? I loved the first Dirt but am somewhat hesitant on Dirt 2 due to the fact I've heard it was repetitive and missing some of the more fun aspects of the first game.
I just finished the game (needed time off from forza) and got all offline achievements. Funny game but you mentioned the loading times and the fact that the thread starter could not finish the game in 5 hours.

So, the game has such cruel loading times that I had time calculating loading times and minimum playing time and its really insane.

With 100 events which are 213 races you spend 200mins watching the game loading or showing you the event leaderboard or viewing the outside of your van.

So its about 9hours racing and 3hours watching the game loading.

And bc op said he finished in 5 hours and it took me 10 i calculated the time and if you estimate 2,5mins per race its about 9hours racing, so 5hours is just bs.
Giddimani is offline   Reply With Quote