PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > RPG > Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
Subscribe    Donate

Old 11-12-2011, 01:37 AM   #61
GetNikolaiVodka

GetNikolaiVodka's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by francisrossi View Post
My gripe is the on-screen text. It's almost unreadable, as I don't have an HDTV. All squashed and tiny and it also cuts off at the edge of my screen.
Even with the HD, like 20% of the screen is cut off to the left. I can't find settings to adjust it either. How the hell am I supposed to play the game if I can't see which equipment I'm putting on. Not to mention my left weapon attacks are occurring offscreen. As for the text being unreadable...guess it gives me a reason to skip convos.

Really sucks cause from what I've done so far, the game seems amazing but this setback is really ruining the experience for me. Oblivion I'd play for 12 hours straight no problem. I turned Skyrim off after 1 hour in frustration :/

100% Retail:
Oblivion, Bully, Fallout 3, Skyrim
GetNikolaiVodka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 01:45 AM   #62
Echilion

Quote:
Originally Posted by GetNikolaiVodka View Post
Even with the HD, like 20% of the screen is cut off to the left. I can't find settings to adjust it either. How the hell am I supposed to play the game if I can't see which equipment I'm putting on. Not to mention my left weapon attacks are occurring offscreen. As for the text being unreadable...guess it gives me a reason to skip convos.
Could be that your television has an overscan issue? (I'm unaware of any fixes). Sometimes games include an option to adjust the HUD but it seems Bethesda didn't include one.

Big thanks to Gackt!

Last edited by Echilion; 11-12-2011 at 01:49 AM.
Echilion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 01:58 AM   #63
theNomad

PureNomad's Gamercard
GetNikolaiVodka have you tried switching your actual 360 settings around a bit. I'd expect the HD settings have some fix for you.

I've had to set it to widescreen and switched my tv to 16:9 mode just so I can read the slightly cut off menus. Only problem is it forces black top and bottom borders on my tv and makes the already small fonts used, even smaller. So I'm sat playing close up to my tv screen like I'm at a pc monitor . I hope Father Christmas brings me an HD TV for Christmas.
theNomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 02:20 PM   #64
francisrossi

francisrossi's Gamercard
As well as the occasionally horrible textures, I've noticed characters and animals have a slightly glowing aura around them, like an outline. Very odd.
Old 11-12-2011, 02:32 PM   #65
Q Dawg187
Banned User

Q Dawg187's Gamercard
I raged on Skyrim last night when my game glitched and I cant continue further in the main quest. "Talk to person X" and I cant.Not at home,not in public,not during the day,not at night,not in a secluded area.Nothing.When I click on the person it looks like the game is trying to load it up but fails to.
Q Dawg187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 02:34 PM   #66
Kindues

Nothing yet.
Kindues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 07:25 PM   #67
PBALL

The Real PBALL's Gamercard
10 1/2 hours into my game, doing a quest for the Companions. Finish it up, and now accessing my Magic, yes, my freaking magic, makes my game freeze.

EDIT: And now its fine. how weird.

Last edited by PBALL; 11-12-2011 at 07:35 PM.
PBALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 10:47 PM   #68
GetNikolaiVodka

GetNikolaiVodka's Gamercard
Messed with the settings and it made the writing too small to read so I just switched tvs. Now it's all good except I can't be on live while playing so hopefully it doesn't affect me once I 1000 this xD

100% Retail:
Oblivion, Bully, Fallout 3, Skyrim
GetNikolaiVodka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 12:58 AM   #69
FeatherbottomMR

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkReign2021 View Post
Talk about fucking anti-climactic. Way up north in Winterhold and I'm in a fist fight with a dragon (I do that shit bare-handed son) and with just a sliver of life left, I down the beast. As I'm absorbing the soul, all of a sudden out of nowhere a wolf comes up from behind me, takes one bite, and I die before the soul is even fully collected.

I guess what I'm bitching about is the unrealistic AI. I don't expect it to be perfect by any means. No Bethesda game is, but I'm fairly certain the sight of an enormous flying fire-breathing dragon would scare the piss out of anything in the area and send it running, not bring it in for a fight...
maybe it was a really smart wolf and was waiting until you finished killing the dragon off and then it was going to strike...
FeatherbottomMR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 01:06 AM   #70
WREQUIEM

wrequ1em's Gamercard
only complaints=bad snow graphics in some areas and the trollin bodyguard giants
WREQUIEM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 03:09 AM   #71
Jet1337

Jet1337's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
I love the fucking fact that the subtitles are attrociously and retardedly microscopic on a non-HD TV. This nigga is like 36 inches of fucking TV and I have to squint like Bill Cosby to read the shit!!!!

Oh yeah, and NO FUCKING SPEARS GOD DAMMIT!!!!!!

Last edited by Jet1337; 11-13-2011 at 03:26 AM.
Jet1337 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 03:34 AM   #72
Spepo

EdibleMessiah's Gamercard
Nothing major, surprisingly smooth for a game like this.

1. Game crashed in the first 20 minutes, I ran away from the dragon and went into the keep as the quest commanded. Luckily, other then a couple of stutters the game has run perfectly and i'm about 15-20 hours in.

2. The TV i'm using is cutting off some of the menu's but then again i'm at a relatives on a 14 inch made 15 years ago.

3. My companion disappears on me a lot even if i wait a whole day he doesn't show up but when I go into a dungeon or a building he appears.

4. NPC's randomly teleporting around, although it was hilarious to see myself being chased by a giant on the verge of death and they him suddenly disappearing.
Spepo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 03:40 AM   #73
Admiral Axtell

Admiral Axtell's Gamercard
I can't read the text worth sh*t.

100% Retail (All DLC included):
GUN. Dead Space. Fallout 3.
100% Arcade:
Dash of Destruction. Battlefield 1943.

Last edited by Admiral Axtell; 11-13-2011 at 06:15 AM.
Admiral Axtell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 03:43 AM   #74
DarkReign2021
Banned User

DarkReign2021's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
The inability to decorate homes! This was a staple of the series for me in Morrowind and even Oblivion to a degree, but without the grab button and dropping objects not being connected to your reticule, there's no way to set up your home beyond the couple weapon displays and book shelves. It seems to me that actual role playing has taking a back seat in role playing games for sandbox adventures (The dungeons are fun and obnoxiously long at time) but the game put too much emphasis on killing and looting and not enough on the freedom of being whatever you want and doing whatever you want. I will miss being abl to decorate homes and I hope it's ssomething they add in later with DLC. I'm sitting on a stash of skulls and troll skulls that I want to use for decoration, but can't...
DarkReign2021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 05:54 AM   #75
XToastySniperX

XToastySniperX's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkReign2021 View Post
but without the grab button...
I think I know what you're talking about. If you hold A on an object, you can carry it around and then press A again to drop it.

1. Assassin's Creed (1000/1000)
2. Assassin's Creed II (1000/1000)
3. Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood (1250/1250)
Working On - AC:R, Skyrim, and Portal 2

Check out my YouTube channel here!
XToastySniperX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 09:56 AM   #76
Echilion

My only complaint aside from some minor glitches is the combat. It is definitely improved over Oblivion but still lacking...specifically melee. I feel I've been spoiled by other RPGs combat systems in the past year

Big thanks to Gackt!
Echilion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 11:45 AM   #77
Rzm117

RaizezMuller PT's Gamercard
Im absolutely loving the game but why do the menus do not respond at times? Its kinda annoying, slowing the action and such : (

Ive noticed that Im not the only one though...maybe a patch will fix it? Either way, thats the only thing that has been bothering me. This game is fantastic!
Rzm117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 12:24 PM   #78
M1 Punk

M1 Punk's Gamercard
Sometimes when I press up or down on my D-pad to select a favored spell, I can't scroll up or down for a couple of seconds.
Old 11-13-2011, 01:09 PM   #79
theNomad

PureNomad's Gamercard
My second day in Skyrim was so much better, no glitches at all. I deleted the game from my HD and for some wacked out reason it does actually look better. I so hope theres a fix due at some point. The snow effects actually look melted instead of blocky like they belong in minecraft. My initial few hours bad feelings towards the game have totally changed, and I'm absolutely loving it. I was always a massive Neverwinter Nights fan but right now TES is king.

P.S. I so recommend the Forbidden Legend side quest, no achievement but its a great 3 dungeon run (including 3 shouts). Finishing with a triple boss final, I even bagged a random spawn dragon while entering the final zone under a waterfall, now tell me Skyrim looks bad.

Finishing the quest rewards a fantastic amulet that grants 30points to each Magic/Health/Stamina, thats like 9 levels worth of points in one item.
theNomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 11:03 PM   #80
PANIC ATTACK 10

PANIC ATTACK 10's Gamercard
Thumbs down

my only complaint was at the start.

i'd get to the bear part of the unbound quest. had to call it a night. it was a midnight launch. so i saved it only to come back & find i'm blocked off from getting back to the bear.

i had it saved at the bear part. so i had to redo everything all over.

yes i had multi saves but it didnt help.
PANIC ATTACK 10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 11:11 PM   #81
PANIC ATTACK 10

PANIC ATTACK 10's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Admiral Axtell View Post
I can't read the text worth sh*t.
agreed this is very annoying! it should be the size of oblivion.

also i miss the black brotherhood trying to assinate you while you sleep.

for those of you that remember elder scrolls before oblivion. loved that stuff which was missing since oblivion.
PANIC ATTACK 10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 11:36 PM   #82
BBowles

BBowles's Gamercard
Very few after 30+ hours of gameplay.

I wish they would have made the weapon stand in my house (Whiterun) able to be activated like the bookshelves are. That way I could actually put my weapons in those slots, as I'm too incompetent to pull that off with the grab feature >_<.

Minor complaint, but seeing as they made the bookshelves interactive, I don't see how making a weapon/armor stand the sameway would be so hard....

Edit: Although, it appears the weapon rack in the Solitude house is interactive...so either mine is broken in Whiterun, or everyone's is >_< Complaint retracted, you win yet again Skyrim.

Edit 2: Maybe not. The video I watched had interactive weapon racks, plaques, and armor stands....and we clearly a pc version of the game. While I don't think it was a mod, I can't get anything to work in Whiterun on the xbox. Maybe we just got screwed :P We'll see when I buy another home...

Star Ocean: The Last Hope
Ultimate Battler - Completed 2/9/11

Last edited by BBowles; 11-14-2011 at 12:40 AM.
BBowles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 04:01 AM   #83
pbrianmccain

purdueme91's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacticalElusion View Post
Why does this thread even exist? The only complaint that I have is that this game is going to have me playing it FOREVER and I won't have time for other games. But that is not really a bad thing it just means bethesda did a really good job
I have a question...how can a game with this much content fit on one disk and RAGE which had 2!!! cities in the whole game required 2 + 1 for multiplayer?

I put probably 120 hours into Oblivion and 120+ into Fallout 3 and I can see that I will match those totals in Skyrim.
pbrianmccain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 05:26 AM   #84
Broke

BrokeToker's Gamercard
This game is too big i dont have enough time off work ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Last edited by Broke; 11-14-2011 at 05:26 AM. Reason: misspelling
Broke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 05:37 AM   #85
Demon Eyes Cain

Demon Eyes Cain's Gamercard
bugged quests

My problem is that it still feels like they didn't play test this game at all on 360. Quests are still bugged to hell and the game feels so broken. For example, on one misc quest you are suppose to "Help Slveni Nethri escape the cave." But she won't leave. She goes to the exit and stands there with her weapon drawn. I've tried everything to get her out, but if you approach her you automatically leave the area through the brilliant "approach the exit" mechanic they added. What was wrong with pressing A?

My biggest complaint(besides removing all the customization and item options)is the quest Evil In Waiting. You pick up an iron claw in the quest and when you approach the door for it you cannot move the rings. If you leave the area and come back, you can move the rings, but the door will not open. The image on the claw is Dragon-Eagle-Wolf, but that doesn't open the door. I tried all 18 possible combinations and none of them worked, the door won't open. It's not quest oriented, because the last thing I need for the quest is on the other side of the door. I've already looked it up and many people are having the same problem. How do things like this slip by them?
Demon Eyes Cain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 07:27 AM   #86
Redbullser

Redbullser's Gamercard
Won't let me get into a cave on the main quest stand there hitting A for an hour gone back to old save and nothing works 15 hour
Of game down the drain !!
Redbullser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 10:31 AM   #87
Thicketford

Thicketford's Gamercard
I have two complaints so far. No hardcore mode. Also, why was the quick select replaced by a favourites menu? I would have prefered the Fallout 3 method of assigning favourites to the directions.
Thicketford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 10:47 AM   #88
Lewi

surfalewi's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thicketford View Post
I have two complaints so far. No hardcore mode. Also, why was the quick select replaced by a favourites menu? I would have prefered the Fallout 3 method of assigning favourites to the directions.
one improvement that i thought would have been bleedingly obvious to the favourites is to use each direction for a different thing eg left means magic, right means weapons, up means potions and down means map. customising these would have been nice as well but i guess that would be a bit too difficult.
but still it could have improved the menu functionality greatly.

o wait i know!! kinect!

IDDQD
Lewi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 11:34 AM   #89
IDiivil

Send a message via AIM to IDiivil

idiivil's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Complaints:

My game freezes. A lot.

Dialogue loops incessantly and fucks up my quests, so it doesn't complete. Reload save and try again.

Companions for some reason decide it's a great idea to kill one another or try to kill me. Even when I'm not accidentally AOE'ing them.

Companions in general have questionable AI, in fact. I love it when they get stuck on walls, decide to constantly be running into my line of sight while I am about to hurl some nasty spell combination, set off traps as many times as humanly possible, bug out and freeze as we are traveling through the dungeon so they are just standing around in midwalk mode, and especially when they keep using their damn bow no matter how many times I remove the fucking arrow/bow out of their inventory.

Urghhhhh. I've been trying to be patient, but when this happens over and over and over in every dungeon I go into or nearly every quest I try to wrap up, I start finding myself short on patience for all the bullshit. Heck, I don't even /get/ to see the end of quests nowadays... NPCs don't even go through their dialogue options. The quest just kind of ends.

Edit: Even better. NPCs vanish entirely from my game and requires an Xbox restart to bring them back. OH BOY.

Like my avatar? If so, you can see more of my modeling work at http://www.facebook.com/idiivil

Last edited by IDiivil; 11-14-2011 at 11:43 AM.
IDiivil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 08:08 PM   #90
Iceman9482

Location: Seattle, Washington, USA, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Omega Quadrant

GlaciesMortalis's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by M1 Punk View Post
Sometimes when I press up or down on my D-pad to select a favored spell, I can't scroll up or down for a couple of seconds.
Exactly. It does this when I open the menu too.
Completed Game #50: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Iceman9482 is offline   Reply With Quote