PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Grand Theft Auto V
Subscribe    Donate

Old 11-03-2011, 12:25 PM   #1
demonizer_andy

demonizer andy's Gamercard
GTA V findings

ok this may be premature but its going to happen, we have had the trailer and theres a lot of hints in there, im not sure if there are any easter eggs, hidden in there, obviously theres bits that have been noticed like planes and bikes and the blimp and the dog, also the advertisement of the fun pier etc, but a lot of domain names were registered like the old petsovernight.com etc, so post your findings and theories in here folks see what we can find....

my main find was on the curb of the house and a truck that passes there is a 2405 now this could be coincidence or the house number or it could be 24/05/12 the release date

ok just thought id update this my take on the 24/05 theres a for sale sign being hammered in when this is on screen so is this again just coincidence or is it for sale 24/05/12

heres my latest findings http://www.inentertainment.co.uk/201...chise-boredom/ apparently the map has been leaked, doesnt look that big at a glance, what do you guys think

http://www.dsogaming.com/news/gta-v-map-leaked/

Last edited by demonizer_andy; 11-17-2011 at 04:03 PM.
demonizer_andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 12:34 PM   #2
Crimson Ridley

Awards Showcase Staff Club - DEG23   Over Achiever - Platinum   Staff Club - dakisbac   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze   5,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
The "Speedophile" Jet Ski? And the BMX leaning against the house that is for sale? Bigfoot on the Police car seal?

Also, in the Debut Trailer thread, I'm mucking about with some numbers that I've found in the trailer. They aren't going anywhere but it's a fun distraction from this hellish place I call one of my jobs...

Many thanks to Cpt Slaugh7er (xboxachievements.com) for the signature!

My xba account: Crimson Ridley
My PSN account: CrimsonRidley

R.I.P. to the most wonderful person to have ever lived; my Nanna. 03/11/1932 - 06/10/2013. You will be forever remembered, and forever missed. I love you so much.
Crimson Ridley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 12:44 PM   #3
Nozza XBA

SnozzyBear's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Submit - Diamond   GRID 2 Award   Staff Club - Nozza x360a   Achievement Guide - Platinum   Road Map - Platinum   Micro Guide - Silver   Over Achiever - Silver   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   XBA Promoter   Donator - Level 3   A+ Thread Award
Total Awards: 14 (more» ...)
I'm doing a breakdown of the trailer now, so then we can all look into it. Give me 30mins to complete it!

Will hopefully stop all the same threads popping up to.
Old 11-03-2011, 01:16 PM   #4
demonizer_andy

yeah i keep disecting the vid but i need food to refuel once thats done tho il be back on it
Old 11-03-2011, 04:56 PM   #5
Maff0

Maff0's Gamercard
the building with the advertisement on it: Mile High Club. wich probably end up being a flight school ?
Maff0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 08:50 PM   #6
MediumMelanin

Location: The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

A Small Breeze's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
No, May 25th is not even on a Tuesday or Wednesday. Games always release on Tuesdays in the US and on Fridays in Europe! My best bet is that Grand Theft Auto V will release on October 23, 2012. Since all Grand Theft Auto games (except GTA I and GTA IV) have been released in late October, usually in the 20's. Remember, if it's true, you heard it from me first, folk!

pixels
MediumMelanin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 01:09 PM   #7
TheRealPoonJab

TheRealPoonJab's Gamercard
To the above poster.....Skyrim comes out this friday....thurs at midnight, which is friday morning. So games can officially come out anyday now

edit: I am in the US, not Europe. Forgot that minor detail
Kent Brockman: I guess you could say I'm Iraqi.
Homer: *gasp* Get off my property.

Last edited by TheRealPoonJab; 11-07-2011 at 01:10 PM. Reason: my mistake
TheRealPoonJab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 02:24 PM   #8
Crimson Ridley

Awards Showcase Staff Club - DEG23   Over Achiever - Platinum   Staff Club - dakisbac   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze   5,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1   Word of Mouth
The vast majority of games come out on Friday in the EU; Tuesday in the US.

If the game is a worldwide release, it normally releases on a Tuesday. Special cases are on a Friday.

Some games are even released on a Wednesday: see Uncharted 3.

In Japan, Dragon Quest games are always released on a Saturday to avoid truancy due to the game being very, very popular.

R.I.P. to the most wonderful person to have ever lived; my Nanna. 03/11/1932 - 06/10/2013. You will be forever remembered, and forever missed. I love you so much.
Old 11-08-2011, 08:33 AM   #9
MediumMelanin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Callum x360a View Post
The vast majority of games come out on Friday in the EU; Tuesday in the US.

If the game is a worldwide release, it normally releases on a Tuesday. Special cases are on a Friday.

Some games are even released on a Wednesday: see Uncharted 3.

In Japan, Dragon Quest games are always released on a Saturday to avoid truancy due to the game being very, very popular.
Uncharted 3 came out on Tuesday in the US...I'm referring to the first day that any game releases to any country is on a Tuesday or a Friday, and are the most COMMON days (96% of the time). Sure, it can change, but Skyrim was put to 11-11-11 because it's just cool. That's why they did that!

pixels
Old 11-17-2011, 04:02 PM   #10
demonizer_andy

tough cookie this one just the map iv found
Old 11-17-2011, 04:58 PM   #11
Frasr

Frasr's Gamercard

Last edited by Frasr; 11-17-2011 at 09:48 PM.
Frasr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 06:13 PM   #12
Axel Desade

CherryAvalanche's Gamercard
Frasr where are you finding these pics? and am I correct in thinking that that isn't the entire map as it looks like some is cut off?

Axel Desade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 08:56 PM   #13
Frasr

Frasr's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axel Desade View Post
Frasr where are you finding these pics? and am I correct in thinking that that isn't the entire map as it looks like some is cut off?
http://www.gufuyourself.com/2011/11/...screens-gta-v/

Yeah, it looks cut off at the top

Old 11-17-2011, 11:08 PM   #14
DEG23
Waiting for 1989

DEG23 x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - DEG23   Donator - Level 5   CABS Beta Tester   Staff - Moderator   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Staff Club - Rajeanero   GRID 2 Award   Staff Club - Grifter Reborn   Staff Club - TemporalWizard   Staff Club - Minty   Staff Club - Nozza x360a   Staff Club - Shinobi273
Total Awards: 23 (more» ...)
Please let the small island to the west be a military base that houses a jet pack and hydra
DEG23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 11:11 PM   #15
MxPx

MxPx's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DEG23 View Post
Please let the small island to the west be a military base that houses a jet pack and hydra
Small? Looks massive...look at the average city block size in comparison.
Old 11-18-2011, 02:03 AM   #16
DEG23
Waiting for 1989

DEG23 x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - DEG23   Donator - Level 5   CABS Beta Tester   Staff - Moderator   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Staff Club - Rajeanero   GRID 2 Award   Staff Club - Grifter Reborn   Staff Club - TemporalWizard   Staff Club - Minty   Staff Club - Nozza x360a   Staff Club - Shinobi273
Quote:
Originally Posted by MxPx View Post
Small? Looks massive...look at the average city block size in comparison.
Haha, now that you mention it, it does look bigger by comparison. At first i only looked at the 2 roads/runways and thought it was nothing special.

Lets hope it's filled with even more machines to cause mayhem
Old 11-18-2011, 02:17 AM   #17
Axel Desade

Quote:
Lets hope it's filled with even more machines to cause mayhem
Well first let's hope that these are actually legit :P I think they are, but there still is the off chance that they aren't.

Old 11-18-2011, 11:47 AM   #18
Crimson Ridley

I don't think those pictures are actual shots of the game. To me, those are just GTA IV mods. There is a guy that has recreated the state of San Andreas on the PC version of GTA IV, so I'm inclined to believe that these are pictures of it. If not, then possibly a mock up.

Also, the picture with the character has the same stance as the GTA IV models, and the gun is the exact same as in GTA IV. The graphics are also the same, while the trailer shown otherwise.

Last edited by Crimson Ridley; 11-18-2011 at 11:49 AM.
Old 11-18-2011, 01:40 PM   #19
JonnyNumber1

JonnyNumber1's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Callum x360a View Post
I don't think those pictures are actual shots of the game. To me, those are just GTA IV mods. There is a guy that has recreated the state of San Andreas on the PC version of GTA IV, so I'm inclined to believe that these are pictures of it. If not, then possibly a mock up.

Also, the picture with the character has the same stance as the GTA IV models, and the gun is the exact same as in GTA IV. The graphics are also the same, while the trailer shown otherwise.
You're right it is a GTA IV Mod, tbogt I believe. And the map is fake saw it the other day on this website http://www.gtaforums.com/index.php?showforum=239 .
Old 11-18-2011, 02:12 PM   #20
Frasr

Frasr's Gamercard
I hope this isn't fake, it looks really good

Last edited by Frasr; 11-18-2011 at 02:16 PM.
Old 11-18-2011, 08:18 PM   #21
Axel Desade

I'd just like to throw this out there, as it fits what Melanin said in another thread, someone said that according to a leaked release date (not that Dec. one that was put there only so people could pre order), it will be Oct 23 2012.

Old 11-18-2011, 11:11 PM   #22
Crimson Ridley

Confirmation that the screenshot is fake;

Old 11-19-2011, 01:01 AM   #23
Axel Desade

I have to say, that is one impressive mod then.

Old 11-20-2011, 11:15 PM   #24
DEG23
Waiting for 1989

DEG23 x360a's Gamercard

What about the map? Last i heard, people were bugging rockstar on the forums and twitter but they hadn't confirmed or denied it, which makes me think that this was possibly an early design and the final may be similar.
Old 11-20-2011, 11:20 PM   #25
MxPx

MxPx's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Quote:
What about the map? Last i heard, people were bugging rockstar on the forums and twitter but they hadn't confirmed or denied it, which makes me think that this was possibly an early design and the final may be similar.
This. If we're back in San Andreas it makes sense that the layout/design will be similar.
Old 11-21-2011, 09:43 AM   #26
Crimson Ridley

If that is a real shot of the map, Rockstar need to edit their mistake on it; the dollar sign should be before the numbers, like this; "$235" and not; "235$"...

I still don't believe that the map is real. I think the map is just part of the BoGT mod, as the mini map seems to show the blue roads from the map as well.

It's been taken with the same camera, so I would assume it was taken by the same person. That would mean the game play is from the same copy as the map. We know the game play is a mod, so the map must be too. Also, there isn't a single icon on the map, not even the character's current position.

Last edited by Crimson Ridley; 11-21-2011 at 09:48 AM.
Old 11-21-2011, 11:20 PM   #27
DEG23
Waiting for 1989

DEG23 x360a's Gamercard

^^^I didn't even notice the $ in the wrong position but kind of figured if one was a fake they probably both were. Still, it looked like it would be a fun map to explore, but i'm sure Rockstar's final version won't disappoint.
Old 11-24-2011, 11:11 AM   #28
MediumMelanin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frasr View Post
I hope this isn't fake, it looks really good

This is just how I imagine how the new SA is gonna be, without SA and LV, still a massive map!

Also, my first thought was, "Fake! It's a mod" and turns out I was right!

pixels