PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Batman: Arkham Asylum
Subscribe    Donate

Old 09-16-2011, 03:39 PM   #1
D3aTh By LeEr0y

Prodigy Leeroy's Gamercard
First Playthrough

I was just wondering if I would save any time If I started playing on hard first as to playing normal or easy first. What I have read about this game is I know I will struggle in the beginning (since I have never played before) but I just want to know if it's worth it in the long run. If I did start on hard, would that make the combat/preadator challenges harder? I don't really know much about the game so I don't know if the challenges are outside of the campaign and would have their own seperate difficulty.

If this question has been answered somewhere else I apologize and if you could please tell me where I can go to find it.

Thanks in advance!
D3aTh By LeEr0y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 01:02 PM   #2
ThousandLegs01

ThousandLegs01's Gamercard
your best off playing on normal or easy 1st just to get the hang of the timing for counters and the lay out of the game I have completed the game of all difficultys and I have to say the only thing Hard about hard mode is that the counter system doesnt flash so you have to get the timing just right
ThousandLegs01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 02:21 AM   #3
softerxsin495

S0FTERSIN's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
If you are playing the game for the first time I'd start with normal, that's what I did. The only real advantage to doing hard right away, imo, is that the difficulty completition achievements are stackable, so you would be killing three birds with one stone, without having to do multiple playthroughs, in theory.
100% Retail (360): 1
100% XBLA (360): 13
softerxsin495 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 11:47 PM   #4
bblcreator8790

bblcreator8790's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
You definitely want to start on Normal (or Easy, but I would do Normal so that way you're better prepared for Hard and the challenges) to get used to the game. It would be pretty difficult to pick up the combat on Hard because you won't get any visual indicators and will have to rely on the enemy movements, which you can learn when playing on Normal. The challenges default to Normal no matter what difficulty you play on I believe, so don't worry about them.
bblcreator8790 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 12:31 AM   #5
Miles Prower F6

Miles Prower F6's Gamercard
I would do 2 playthroughs, on normal and then on hard.

Once you know where to go and what to do, the game doesn't take long to beat. With all the practice you gain on normal it result in far fewer head aches.

Playing on hard first might be more time efficient, but it is probably not worth the extra stress.
Miles Prower F6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 10:08 PM   #6
HalfEVILmonkey

HalfEVILmonkey's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Thanks for the tips everyone. I am playing through AC right now but plan on starting AA afterwards. God, AC is the best game I have played in years.
Old 11-19-2011, 08:48 PM   #7
D3aTh By LeEr0y

Prodigy Leeroy's Gamercard
Yes thanks for the replies, very happy I started on normal. Is AC really that good? I want to know how it compares to AA. I'm sure I won't have any troubles with it since I have completed AA, don't get me wrong I did get slapped around a little but that doesn't happen anymore
D3aTh By LeEr0y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 09:19 PM   #8
DragonsGoMOO

dragonsgomoo's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by D3aTh By LeEr0y View Post
Yes thanks for the replies, very happy I started on normal. Is AC really that good? I want to know how it compares to AA. I'm sure I won't have any troubles with it since I have completed AA, don't get me wrong I did get slapped around a little but that doesn't happen anymore
It's one of the few sequel games that actually doesn't disappoint.

DragonsGoMOO is offline   Reply With Quote