PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password
 

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > RPG > Dead Island
Subscribe    Donate

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-21-2011, 03:33 PM   #31
WilRonward
 
WilRonward's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: France
Posts: 67

ForGreatJustice's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nine Two Six View Post
For the Crowd Pleaser Shotgun. I bought the guide and it said: BLAH

I have not been able to find this shotgun because I am not sure what shack he's talking about.
I'm sorry to break it to you but.... the official guide is full of errors.
For example they list Barbed wire mod and others as quest rewards, but we all know they're not now.

So if they say something is supposed to be there and you don't find it, maybe it's just not there! But sometime it is... yeah it sucks
__________________
WilRonward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 02:57 PM   #32
Tyrantus
 
Tyrantus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 399

GeeksDontLie's Gamercard
Joel Dirt in the Lab sells Oleander also, although not always, thought you might want to add this to the list.
__________________

Tyrantus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 03:51 PM   #33
Throrin
 
Throrin's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Ioannina, Greece
Posts: 55

Throrin's Gamercard
Nice work dude.

Long story short ... i found a skull and placed it in an area that gave me a Blueprint for something called "Developer's 666 Craft".

I had 6 diamonds from Svetlana's side quest.

I went on a workbench ... and crafted this blueprint and it supposed to give me "Left hand of Glova". I checked my inventory and NOTHING there. I thought maybe it was full and it dropped on the floor BUT NOTHING again.

Where is the item? The description said that i only need 5 diamonds nothing else but i still didn't get the weapon and i lost 5 diamonds.

I then tried to reload last checkpoint but still i was missing my diamonds.

- Did i do something wrong to get the "Left hand of Glova"?
- Is it a glitch?
- Do i need another item to use this ability?

I'm confused as i have a backup save on a USB that is at least 5 hours back.
Throrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 07:34 PM   #34
Necrophage33
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Allentown, Pennsylvania
Posts: 2,274

Necrophage33's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Throrin View Post
Nice work dude.

Long story short ... i found a skull and placed it in an area that gave me a Blueprint for something called "Developer's 666 Craft".

I had 6 diamonds from Svetlana's side quest.

I went on a workbench ... and crafted this blueprint and it supposed to give me "Left hand of Glova". I checked my inventory and NOTHING there. I thought maybe it was full and it dropped on the floor BUT NOTHING again.

Where is the item? The description said that i only need 5 diamonds nothing else but i still didn't get the weapon and i lost 5 diamonds.

I then tried to reload last checkpoint but still i was missing my diamonds.

- Did i do something wrong to get the "Left hand of Glova"?
- Is it a glitch?
- Do i need another item to use this ability?

I'm confused as i have a backup save on a USB that is at least 5 hours back.
You're not the first person I've seen this happen to, and I'm pretty sure it happened to me. I made it, but I couldn't seem to find it in my inventory, and I thought it replaced my fists. Apparently not. I hadn't saved, so I just dashboarded to save my money and diamonds. The next day I decided to make it again after realizing it doesn't take the place of my fists. I made it and found it in my inventory without a problem that time.

I guess I'm not really helping, but I don't know what to tell you other than it seems like a glitch, cause I feel like it happened to me too, and I've seen others say they made it and it didn't show up in their inventory.
Necrophage33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 07:49 PM   #35
ofay
 
ofay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 3,226

Nopunchespulled's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
It's rumored that if you drop the glova it's too small to find on the ground
ofay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 08:40 PM   #36
Necrophage33
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Allentown, Pennsylvania
Posts: 2,274

Necrophage33's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ofay View Post
It's rumored that if you drop the glova it's too small to find on the ground
Sometimes it's hard to tell when you're serious or just fucking around.... Maybe my inventory was full when I made it the first time. I guess I could try dropping it now and see if I can see it. It's kinda pointless at level 50 anyway.
Necrophage33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 05:36 PM   #37
Daymion
 
Daymion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 16

unit x daymion's Gamercard
ty

this guide helped allot finding some of the usefull mods out there
Daymion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 01:52 AM   #38
MrNickels
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 191

Ving Rhames's Gamercard
I can confirm the Blunt Speaker exists, as I'm sure someone has already done. I have it in my possession. Not sure of the level.

The Master Chef, as well, but it sucks a bag of dicks.
MrNickels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 02:41 AM   #39
Shiftie
 
Shiftie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: In a van, down by the river
Posts: 3,607

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Road Map - Diamond   Green Thumb - Bronze   Micro Guide - Platinum   Submit - Silver   Achievement Guide - Emerald   Staff Club - Shiftie   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrantus View Post
Joel Dirt in the Lab sells Oleander also, although not always, thought you might want to add this to the list.

Added, thanks.

As for the official guide being wrong.. I think some of the discrepencies can be seen in my guide as well from person to person. Some people have said they found a particular item in one place while I may have found it elsewhere. Hopefully if anyone sees a double location for any of these (finds something in a place I don't have listed) just let me know and I'll add it like I did the rest. I have confirmed everything on the list myself (hell most of it came handwritten while i was playing) but I do know there are multiple spawns/possible quest rewards for at least a couple of items~
Shiftie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 03:27 AM   #40
Shiftie
 
Shiftie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: In a van, down by the river
Posts: 3,607

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Road Map - Diamond   Green Thumb - Bronze   Micro Guide - Platinum   Submit - Silver   Achievement Guide - Emerald   Staff Club - Shiftie   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
Added the Ripper Mod to the melee bleed mods section.
__________________
Shiftie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 03:31 AM   #41
Grimfel
 
Grimfel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Man Cave, CA
Posts: 890

Zombicidal RT's Gamercard
Awesome, awesome guide. Do you mind if I add a link to the collectible guide I made up? I'm going to get all the "things" we can get linked up on the same thread so people can find them easy.

You get full credit of course!
__________________

Retail Completed 100% - 22
Arcade Completed 100% - 12
Want to Grind - GoW:Judgement /Borderlands2/Tomb Raider
(No FR or Parties accepted without message)
LotRO - Grimfel - Member of the LONGBEARD LEGION!
Quote:
Originally Posted by NataSS Inc View Post
It makes my naughty bits tingle when I can do it on my own.
Grimfel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 02:52 AM   #42
trail blazer
 
trail blazer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 216

IronFistNoLegs's Gamercard
im getting this game tomorrow and i dont understand what the need or owto use this list. sorry if i sound rude.
__________________
trail blazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 04:51 AM   #43
pyoobez
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 78

Moustachio's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Necrophage33 View Post
Sometimes it's hard to tell when you're serious or just fucking around.... Maybe my inventory was full when I made it the first time. I guess I could try dropping it now and see if I can see it. It's kinda pointless at level 50 anyway.
My friend dropped his after making it and couldn't find it either. I think it may be invisible, I'm not sure on that, though. You don't see anything on your fists when using it and I don't believe it can be duped as I again I *think* it might be classified as brass knuckles.

Anyway, it's incredibly useful against Thugs especially single player. It drops them to the ground immediately and with Xian and Sam B opens up the kick/curb stomp.
pyoobez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 06:05 AM   #44
Grimfel
 
Grimfel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Man Cave, CA
Posts: 890

Zombicidal RT's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by trail blazer View Post
im getting this game tomorrow and i dont understand what the need or owto use this list. sorry if i sound rude.
If you want to find all the mods, weapons, etc. then this list is very useful. They don't all come from usually exploration.

You'll understand how once you start playing the game.
__________________

Retail Completed 100% - 22
Arcade Completed 100% - 12
Want to Grind - GoW:Judgement /Borderlands2/Tomb Raider
(No FR or Parties accepted without message)
LotRO - Grimfel - Member of the LONGBEARD LEGION!
Quote:
Originally Posted by NataSS Inc View Post
It makes my naughty bits tingle when I can do it on my own.
Grimfel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 09:06 PM   #45
joe joe
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 103

AlmightyPlacebo's Gamercard
thanks this will be helpful
joe joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 08:34 AM   #46
Toan
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 10

Toan17's Gamercard
Your list is missing the first poison damage mod, "Paralyzing Strike Mod". It is a reward from the "Picture of Bliss" sidequest in Act 2 at the warehouse. It requires 2x Oleander and 2x Bleach.
Toan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 09:55 AM   #47
Evil Submariner
 
Evil Submariner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 146

SzO PROMTHEUS's Gamercard
I think your info on the vendors is incorrect. The vendors wares change every so often. I also saw grenades as soon as i got out of the church.
Evil Submariner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 11:51 AM   #48
AgEnT STARZz
 
AgEnT STARZz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Basildon, Eng
Posts: 1,191

AgEnT STARZz's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Wish I could of used this before I completed the game! Would of saved some time!!
__________________
Retail 100%: 46 (Last:London 2012, Fifa13, NLH 2K6)
Retail 1000+: 57 (Last: COD:Black ops 2 (2000/2000)

Currently on 101'937 (03/09/13)
Working on: Mass Effect 3(1375/1550), GOW3(1825/2000)

GoW3: Rank 49(Blue) (Seriously 3.0 - 51/65 Onyx - 94.34%)

My Girlfriend takes up to much of my time these days
AgEnT STARZz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 01:52 AM   #49
Shiftie
 
Shiftie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: In a van, down by the river
Posts: 3,607

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Road Map - Diamond   Green Thumb - Bronze   Micro Guide - Platinum   Submit - Silver   Achievement Guide - Emerald   Staff Club - Shiftie   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Submariner View Post
I think your info on the vendors is incorrect. The vendors wares change every so often. I also saw grenades as soon as i got out of the church.
Chances are my info is just incomplete. Everything on there i have personally seen through numerous reloads of each vendor, but that's not necessarily everything. Now you saw grenades at what vendor? Warehouse? I have them for the random vendor just south of the warehouse already if that's where you saw em
__________________
Shiftie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 04:35 PM   #50
gealt
 
gealt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 736

gealt's Gamercard
I found one of the new mods that came with today's patch. It called "Devastating Home Run Bat" it's purple and is found in the laboratory in the room with the work bench on a desk. Can be put on a metal bat and does bleeding damage (not sure exact stats cause I don't have a metal bat atm).
gealt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 06:44 PM   #51
2bias
 
2bias's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by gealt View Post
I found one of the new mods that came with today's patch. It called "Devastating Home Run Bat" it's purple and is found in the laboratory in the room with the work bench on a desk. Can be put on a metal bat and does bleeding damage (not sure exact stats cause I don't have a metal bat atm).
There is a Bloody Mary Mod inside the laboratories bathroom and a Shocking Crowbar Mod right next to the River Village' workbench.
2bias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 11:47 PM   #52
NarcoSleepy
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 3

Lyzyrd's Gamercard
Found a new mod after the patch:

- Hot Rod Mod: just outside of police station on table

Works on machette & Tijuana Machette
NarcoSleepy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 09:03 AM   #53
MrHaribo69
 
MrHaribo69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Stafford, England
Posts: 10

Mr haribo69's Gamercard
http://deadisland.wikia.com/wiki/New_Blueprints_1.3.0

Location of all the new blueprints.
MrHaribo69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 01:20 AM   #54
Shiftie
 
Shiftie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: In a van, down by the river
Posts: 3,607

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Road Map - Diamond   Green Thumb - Bronze   Micro Guide - Platinum   Submit - Silver   Achievement Guide - Emerald   Staff Club - Shiftie   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrHaribo69 View Post
http://deadisland.wikia.com/wiki/New_Blueprints_1.3.0

Location of all the new blueprints.
Deleted :/ I'll see what I can do about finding and adding them myself when I can (if I can >.<)
__________________
Shiftie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 11:25 AM   #55
2bias
 
2bias's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiftie View Post
Deleted :/ I'll see what I can do about finding and adding them myself when I can (if I can >.<)
It was moved to http://deadisland.wikia.com/wiki/Patch_1.3_Mods
2bias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 02:34 PM   #56
MartyMcFly
 
MartyMcFly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Boston
Posts: 1,185

Ten 13 13's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
My experience with the Left Hand of Glova: As soon as I picked it up it immediately equipped instead of the weapon I was already using.

I think if you don't have the inventory space you'll drop it, and that's when people lose it and can't find it.

So be absolutely sure you have an inventory slot when you go to pick it up.
MartyMcFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 08:39 PM   #57
adz5000
 
adz5000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Scotland
Posts: 858
Send a message via MSN to adz5000

adz5000's Gamercard
Found this really useful and felt it deserved a wee bump from the depths of page 5.

__________________
Enjoying the new Xbox One console, just dying to get my hands on a huge open world RPG with lots of leveling and loot!!

Impatiently waiting for TITANFALL to ermmm.... fall?
adz5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 09:45 AM   #58
Shiftie
 
Shiftie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: In a van, down by the river
Posts: 3,607

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Road Map - Diamond   Green Thumb - Bronze   Micro Guide - Platinum   Submit - Silver   Achievement Guide - Emerald   Staff Club - Shiftie   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by adz5000 View Post
Found this really useful and felt it deserved a wee bump from the depths of page 5.

Thanks Hopefully I'll get around to updating it w/ the new addons but I can't make any promises x.x
__________________
Shiftie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 10:03 PM   #59
BrinkX
 
BrinkX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Philly, East Coast, U.S.
Posts: 195

brinkx69's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Necrophage33 View Post
You're not the first person I've seen this happen to, and I'm pretty sure it happened to me. I made it, but I couldn't seem to find it in my inventory, and I thought it replaced my fists. Apparently not. I hadn't saved, so I just dashboarded to save my money and diamonds. The next day I decided to make it again after realizing it doesn't take the place of my fists. I made it and found it in my inventory without a problem that time.

I guess I'm not really helping, but I don't know what to tell you other than it seems like a glitch, cause I feel like it happened to me too, and I've seen others say they made it and it didn't show up in their inventory.
First, GREAT list and considering the sheer volume of stuff and randomness of locations, I think you are doing a stellar job.

Second, concerning the modded weapon that never showed up in the person's inventory... THIS IS A VERY REAL GLITCH. It happened two nights ago when I went to make the Electro Military Knife (Orange Skull weapon). Made it, went to arm it, huh? Nothing to be found in my inventory?! What a waste of 5 Diamonds and $10K cash. It also happened to me that same night when I went to make a Sticky Bomb.

Then it happened to my coop buddy last night when he went to put a mod on his shotgun. But he did the smart thing and did NOT quit out of the game... instead he PRESSED HIS XBOX BUTTON AND THEN PRESSED "Y" TO GO TO THE DASHBOARD. After reloading the game up, viola, his shotgun was back. Now obviously you will have lost anything else you did up until your last checkpoint save, but the games auto-saves so often there is really no way for you to lose much.

Sounds like the best way to handle the situation. He had his Shotgun and I didn't have my Electro Military Knife. This Skull related weapon SUCKS by the way. I went back and spent another two hours getting 5 Champagnes [plus another f-ing visit to Svetlana... arrgg] and $10K together to build it... again. What a double waste of time building it twice.

BEFORE you attempt to create ANY modded weapons, I suggest:
- Make sure you have AT LEAST ONE EMPTY inventory slot
- Make sure you have AT LEAST ONE EMPTY weapon wheel slot

Can't hurt to try, right?
__________________
Kill it Mr. Bubbles! Kill it! Scabby on my knee! Scabby on my knee! SCABBY ON MY KNEE!
Hurt him! Like a little b*t#h! Get up Mr. Bubbles, please get up! Why won't you get up?!

BrinkX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 11:25 PM   #60
Shiftie
 
Shiftie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: In a van, down by the river
Posts: 3,607

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Road Map - Diamond   Green Thumb - Bronze   Micro Guide - Platinum   Submit - Silver   Achievement Guide - Emerald   Staff Club - Shiftie   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
So.. am I missing some major stuff in my guide at this point? It's been forever since I played this game.
__________________
Shiftie is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT. The time now is 07:05 PM.