PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary
Subscribe    Donate

Old 11-18-2011, 12:02 PM   #91
X Razes all X

Razes all's Gamercard
For "This Side Up" achievement, can you revert to last save if you flip over or do you have to start the mission over again?
X Razes all X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 05:29 PM   #92
MixMaker1

MixMaker117's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by X Razes all X View Post
For "This Side Up" achievement, can you revert to last save if you flip over or do you have to start the mission over again?
The last checkpoint will be when you're coming up the lift. So you can die or revert and start a fresh run everytime (thank god!)

Also, if you're in co-op, as long as both players get in a separate warthog, the better player can speedrun it with P2 hanging back in a hog. P2 will get the speedrun achievement + the not tipping over achievement.

So find a friend who can do this with ease and basically sit back if you're having trouble getting either achievements.

100% COMPLETED HALO PROFILE!
Marathon: Durandal / 100% (15/15 Achievements)
Halo Wars / 100% (58/58 Achievements)
Halo 2: Vista / 100% (41/41 Achievements)
Halo 3: ODST / 100% (47/47 Achievements)
Halo 3 / 100% (79/79 Achievements)
Halo Reach / 100% (69/69 Achievements)
Halo: CE:A / 100% (44/44 Achievements)
Halo 4 / 100% (76/76 Achievements)

UPCOMING!
Halo: Spartan Assault / 0% (20/20)
MixMaker1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 03:54 PM   #93
ltskitzo

ltskitzo's Gamercard
The hardest part to 'This side up' is the big jump, however if you are going top speed, with a straight angle at the jump you warthog won't tilt much at all. Allowing you to almost land flat on all four wheels. Other than that, never take the middle path on the open sections, them dipping, diving tunnels are designed to annoy the hell outa you....Bungie did that on purpose *sinister stare at bungie*
ltskitzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 03:59 PM   #94
ltskitzo

ltskitzo's Gamercard
Also I don't know if it has been mentioned but skulls don't effect achievements, meaning 'Bandana' skull is possibly the most useful thing EVER. Especially considering infinite grenades..... and achievements such as 'Leave it where it lay' and 'Grenadier' become simple lob fests rather than grueling challenges to survive
ltskitzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 07:33 PM   #95
mjpartyboy

ROBOSLIDER's Gamercard
Alas, the Anniversary Achievements are not like Noble's and Defiant's where you can get them on any map and not just on the map pack named in the Achievement description. The grind begins to get 100% completion on Reach's game history again.
Old 11-20-2011, 05:25 AM   #96
RBmaster9345

RBmaster9345's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Apparently if you're going for the no-death library chievo with co-op if either dies then no unlock. Played through just now and my buddy died right before the end and I didnt get it. Anybody knows whats up here?
Old 11-20-2011, 07:53 AM   #97
Son of Kyuss

Son of Kyuss's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RBmaster9345 View Post
Apparently if you're going for the no-death library chievo with co-op if either dies then no unlock. Played through just now and my buddy died right before the end and I didnt get it. Anybody knows whats up here?
Both players, if you're playing co-op, can't die at all or neither of you will get the achievement.

Now the reason why 343i made it like this was probably because they wanted it to be an actual challenge rather than have people piggyback in co-op to unlock it.
Son of Kyuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 05:39 PM   #98
RBmaster9345

RBmaster9345's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Kyuss View Post
Both players, if you're playing co-op, can't die at all or neither of you will get the achievement.

Now the reason why 343i made it like this was probably because they wanted it to be an actual challenge rather than have people piggyback in co-op to unlock it.
Yeah I figured as much and I saw it right after posting this too. Might need to update my "never again" chievo
Old 11-21-2011, 04:10 AM   #99
MixMaker1

MixMaker117's Gamercard
Yesterday, I my co-op player stood back as I made my way - and died tons - via the Library and he still got the achievement at the end. I don't think that's correct info?

100% COMPLETED HALO PROFILE!
Marathon: Durandal / 100% (15/15 Achievements)
Halo Wars / 100% (58/58 Achievements)
Halo 2: Vista / 100% (41/41 Achievements)
Halo 3: ODST / 100% (47/47 Achievements)
Halo 3 / 100% (79/79 Achievements)
Halo Reach / 100% (69/69 Achievements)
Halo: CE:A / 100% (44/44 Achievements)
Halo 4 / 100% (76/76 Achievements)

UPCOMING!
Halo: Spartan Assault / 0% (20/20)
MixMaker1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 05:41 AM   #100
Uberpok3

Send a message via Skype™ to Uberpok3

Uberpok3's Gamercard
Somebody knows if the skulls deactivate some achivements?
I tryed Pillar of autum in Heroic with the "Grunt funeral" skull turned on. I did not received direct life damage (not that i've perceived) but also didn't got the achievement.

Trying again now with the same setup.
Uberpok3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 07:01 PM   #101
Buzz VII

Buzz VII's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uberpok3 View Post
Somebody knows if the skulls deactivate some achivements?
I tryed Pillar of autum in Heroic with the "Grunt funeral" skull turned on. I did not received direct life damage (not that i've perceived) but also didn't got the achievement.

Trying again now with the same setup.
Having skulls active don't effect achievements at all. I use Bandana on almost every level. Still unlocked achievements with it active.

I've heard it both ways
Buzz VII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 05:29 PM   #102
Buzz VII

Buzz VII's Gamercard
Does anyone know if you can beat half the levels on solo and half on co-op all on legendary and complete the game that way? Or does it have to be all solo or all co-op?

I've heard it both ways
Buzz VII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 09:46 PM   #103
Son of Kyuss

Son of Kyuss's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   1,000 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzz VII View Post
Does anyone know if you can beat half the levels on solo and half on co-op all on legendary and complete the game that way? Or does it have to be all solo or all co-op?
It doesn't matter whether or not it was completed in Solo/Co-op, as long as all levels were completed on Legendary the achievement will unlock.
Son of Kyuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 09:11 AM   #104
Xtra Cheddar

Xtra Cheddar's Gamercard
Does anyone here want to play coop campaign? i wanted to do legendary if you need the achievement, im usually busy during the day but i can play all night, male or female doesnt matter, i dont judge, just want someone to play with
Xtra Cheddar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 09:26 PM   #105
FilipJ FryLocke

FilipJ FryLocke's Gamercard
I'm up to do some achievement hunting. Looking for most of the level specific levels or to play campaign on legendary. Just send me a message, I will be around all day. GT: FilipJ Frylocke
FilipJ FryLocke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 05:37 AM   #106
Flame Sama

Flame Sama's Gamercard
Watch Out For The Little Guys is EASY as HELL once you figure out how to survive the opening of the doors at the beginning. Once you press the button to open the doors, stand directly in the middle of the doors, shotgun the Jackal in front of you and run up the ramp to the health pack and the sniper. Grab the snipe and pick off any non-Grunty enemies you can see before you drop back down. Head down the structure by crouch-jumping down from the left side. Once you get to the walkway by the ammo and stuff, grab what you want, crouch-jump to the ground and then run to the doorway to the left. After going through the hallways and taking the lift, you'll end up on the land bridge above where you started. Grenade the Wraith and then CAREFULLY jump on to the little strip of metal coming from the top of the starting structure and walk back down to the ground. Jump to your Banshee and take it from there. Otherwise it's straight forward-avoid fights where Grunts are around.
100%: CoD2, Halo 3(1750), Halo 3:ODST, Dash Of Destruction, Red Dead Redemption(1500), Rock Band 2, Halo Reach (1700), Harm's Way, Doritos Crash Course, Alan Wake(1500), Portal 2, Halo CEA, Halo 4 (2000), Minecraft, 3 on 3 NHL® Arcade, Watch Dogs, Halo: Spartan Assault (1000).
Flame Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 07:42 PM   #107
Ari Haswari
Banned User

Just want to.....

Going through the campaign on legendary now. Just wanted to know if the difficulty achievement (normal,heroic,legendary) are cummalitve? That is if I beat the game on legendary setting will it unlock the heroic and normal achievements as well?
Ari Haswari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 06:58 PM   #108
Shadow_Dog

Send a message via AIM to Shadow_Dog Send a message via MSN to Shadow_Dog Send a message via Skype™ to Shadow_Dog

SHAD0W D0G's Gamercard
Anyone know if using the infinite ammo skull affects the achievements?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ari Haswari View Post
Going through the campaign on legendary now. Just wanted to know if the difficulty achievement (normal,heroic,legendary) are cummalitve? That is if I beat the game on legendary setting will it unlock the heroic and normal achievements as well?

Yes it's cumulative.
Shadow_Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 01:33 PM   #109
Egotizm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow_Dog View Post
Anyone know if using the infinite ammo skull affects the achievements?

Yes it's cumulative.

The Bandana Skull or any of the other skulls do not in any way affect achievements; ever since I got it I've been using it and have still collected nearly all of the achievements with it on.
Egotizm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 01:40 PM   #110
Vanilla Eice

Vanilla Eice's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by RBmaster9345 View Post
Yeah I figured as much and I saw it right after posting this too. Might need to update my "never again" chievo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Kyuss View Post

This is definitely NOT true as far as ONLINE co-op is concerned.

I can confirm that it is possible for one of the co-op partners to die, and still the other one will get the achievement.

So one partner can stay behind, while the other partner clears the path. With online co-op over XBOXLive, this achievement is pretty easy.
Vanilla Eice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 04:54 PM   #111
Noob in the Sky

Noob in the Sky's Gamercard
Although I love how they threw in two level-specific achievements for each one of them, it wouldn't have taken a genius to balance them out a little more. It's particularly annoying that arguably the four hardest/most frustrating achievements on the entire list are spread among The Library and Two Betrayals, which on top of that are consecutive levels.

Something definitely went wrong with Keyes, as there is no logic in Popcorn.gif being the pick for 25G and Tying Up Loose Ends being the 'easier' challenge for 10G, as their values would suggest. While things like Wraith Hunter, I'll Be Taking That! and This One's for Jenkins! have no trouble confirming success as soon as you've met the requirements, some idiot decided to make an exception for the hardest one. It would be so much more satisfying, not to mention saving a lot of people a lot of frustration, to take out that last elite and actually knowing that you succeeded. Replaying the entire level and possibly failing again, now that's fun. Aside from those complaints though, the list is great altogether.
Noob in the Sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 04:51 PM   #112
Blumpenstein

Blumpenstein's Gamercard
So I got all my terminals just fine minus one. The other day I got my last one..but I happened to be offline. So when I transfer my account back over to my other harddrive, the achievement won't save. So does that mean I need to view all the terminals again or just one? Or what..? Or is there any solution? ._.
Old 02-08-2012, 03:05 AM   #113
Badhazard

Badhazard's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 1000 People Online Supporter
can the co op be done split screen?

Badhazard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 04:18 AM   #114
EliteLeafHater

EliteLeafHater's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badhazard View Post
can the co op be done split screen?
yes it can
EliteLeafHater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 10:47 PM   #115
mjpartyboy

ROBOSLIDER's Gamercard
I finally completed this on Legendary and managed to get the 'Never Tell Me The Odds' and 'This Side Up' Achievements on my first attempt at The Maw in years. That got the adrenaline going! I made it to the platform with three seconds left and two bars of health, thanks to the last Elite. The chump nearly killed me!

Just 'Speed Reader' left.
Old 03-20-2012, 06:48 PM   #116
Moridin508

Moridin508's Gamercard
Just wondering if anyone cane tell me how long (approx) it'd take to whack out all the achievements on this, I started playing it last night and got 3 of them, I'm assuming it shouldn't take longer than a couple of days 'cause there's no pesky online ones
Moridin508 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 09:43 PM   #117
LickableLemons7

SublimeThugLife's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 2   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - DEG23   Micro Guide - Bronze   Staff Club - DeekBoy   Submit - Bronze   2,500 Posts   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - * Clueless *   Over Achiever - Bronze
Total Awards: 10 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moridin508 View Post
Just wondering if anyone cane tell me how long (approx) it'd take to whack out all the achievements on this, I started playing it last night and got 3 of them, I'm assuming it shouldn't take longer than a couple of days 'cause there's no pesky online ones
As long as you are persistent, it definitely shouldn't take more than a few days.

I finally 1000ed this game yesterday! I've had it since launch day, but I didn't want to get all of the achievements out of the way as soon as possible because I just wanted to play the game longer. But I managed to obtain all of the achievements without having to resort to using the bandanna skull. The Library was a complete mess, I ended up running through and jumping around hoping I wouldn't get killed too soon...
Old 04-15-2012, 08:22 AM   #118
Entity

Exalted Entity's Gamercard
Okay, this thread is really big (3 pages long with my 50 posts per page setting), and using the search is not helping me. So if the question is a repeat, I apologize sincerely.

Is there any achievement at all in this game that you cannot get in co-op? Like are you forced to play in solo for any achievement at all?

I am not being lazy in asking this. Halo: Reach had a solo campaign achievement, for legendary, and I got it in the first 10 - 20 hours of the game officially releasing (you can check on my Xbox Live page). I am not lazy, I just do not buy games and pay for Xbox Live to do things solo.

Everything is Permitted, and Nothing is True.
I am negative infinity. I am the manifestation of nothingness. My power is the lack of existence. The lack of existence can pull all things that exist to fill the void. Thus, my power is everything, and yet nothing. And even still, it is not a contradiction. I am negative infinity.
Entity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 10:43 PM   #119
DudeItsVolcom

dudeitsvolcom's Gamercard
I wish I had this game so I could get all the achievements :[
DudeItsVolcom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 02:02 PM   #120
upindat

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
I cant get the maw with more than a minute for shit!!! Does anybody know a good link to a video. I have better luck not doing the shortcuts.