PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Velvet Assassin
Subscribe    Donate

Old 07-19-2011, 09:57 AM   #61
Resurgam040

Send a message via MSN to Resurgam040

Resurgam040's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
I loved it, just cheated the Agent and Blitzkrieg achievement, but since I've missed some silent kills on my first legit playthrough, Ill go do this game once again, legitly, because it gives me the old Splintercell feeling but then during the war

Last 1000: NCIS
Next 1000: Far Cry 3
Resurgam040 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 08:41 AM   #62
Baihu1983

Baihu1983's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Its grown on me. I got it 2 years ago played a few levels then stopped. Started again last week and its all ive been playing. On the last level at the moment.

3rd November 2012 - Joined the 100K club

IF YOU SEND ME A FRIEND REQUEST OVER LIVE PLEASE ALSO SEND A MESSAGE SAYING WHY?

Raptar
Voice

Baihu1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 11:06 AM   #63
Muse89

Ragnarok K1's Gamercard
Im really enjoying the game, though I doubt Id of been too happy with spending 40 on it when it first came out. But getting it for 6 is definitely a bargain
Old 11-23-2011, 01:57 AM   #64
Corrupt.
Lapsed Completionist

Corrupt XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Off to the Races Challenge Club - Tier 1   Achievement Guide - Emerald   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Gold   Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 2   Staff - Guide Team   Green Thumb - Gold   Staff Club - TemporalWizard   Staff Club - Tyger7   Fight Club Challenge Club - Tier 1
Total Awards: 43 (more» ...)
Awesome game and so underrated. Yes, I like this game...
Old 07-16-2012, 06:48 PM   #65
Madame Kennedy

makeSHIFTxNine's Gamercard
I ended up trading this game in sometime ago because it just got too frustrating for my friend and I. Of course stealth-killing is far more challenging than kicking the front door open guns blazing and requires methodical strategy, but I think V.A. just didn't get it quite right. I loved the setting, the main character, the story, all wonderful. But the gameplay got far too tedious for my liking. When I play stealth I like to have a handful of options in which I can go about executing a kill, but VA kept things extremely linear and often only gave you one option to get ahead. And some of the strategies were so puzzling and at times impossible that I found myself unable to advance very far unfortunately. And yeah, like many others have said, the checkpoint system was really unfair for a game that sometimes comes down to luck to get through.

Overall spectacular concept, but should have been more polished.
Old 08-13-2012, 07:36 PM   #66
Toaster Forster

seasick sausage's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrupt x360a View Post
Awesome game and so underrated. Yes, I like this game...
I hope this is going to be how i feel,just ordered the game today. Might be one of them 'marmite' games.
Old 11-10-2012, 12:00 AM   #67
Negative Creep

negativecreep08's Gamercard
First of all, there are a lot of things wrong with this game. The enemy AI is truly 8 bit levels of stupid, following pre-set patterns, staring at walls or deciding after 15 seconds that their comrade whose dead body is right in front of them must have had a heart attack and continue their merry patrol over his corpse. Generally if you're seen you might as well just restart from the last checkpoint (some of which are very poorly laid out) since although you have guns, it's extremely hard to target anyone who hasn't noticed you. Problem is, the last level abandons stealth almost entirely and forces you to run and gun. Without exaggeration, I have just spent nearly 2 hours on the last checkpoint, even after finding a glitch where I could hide behind a spawn point.

But here's the strange thing - I really enjoyed it. Normally I'd rage quit over anything where I have to restart a few times, let alone the 10+ attempts it took me on certain sections. Yet here I just kept on at it, and when I finally beat the game I was immediately glad I stuck with it. Surprisingly, it's from a German developer, and it's interesting to see the people you have to kill talking about how they hope the war ends, or reading letters to their wives and children. It also seems as if our heroine might just enjoy her job a little too much.

The final level is however utterly brutal, and conveys the horrors of war far better than the likes of Call of Duty ever could. There are no fountains of blood such as in Dead Space or Mortal Kombat, but the way the violence is conveyed here, largely out of sight, is far more shocking.
Old 05-29-2013, 08:51 PM   #68
Foxxy kyle

Foxxy Kyle's Gamercard

Awards Showcase You ARE the Controller Challenge Club - Tier 1   Road Map - Platinum   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Submit - Diamond   Micro Guide - Silver   XBA Promoter   2,500 Posts   Achievement Guide - Gold   Over Achiever - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze   A+ Thread Award   Bright Idea
Total Awards: 12 (more» ...)
I really do not like this game, which is a shame because I love stealth games. This game is just so repetitive, the story is pretty dull, and the AI are just morons.
Old 08-01-2013, 11:31 PM   #69
Barad
High on Life

Send a message via Skype™ to Barad

Barad XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Platinum   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Bronze   Road Map - Emerald   Achievement Guide - Platinum   Donator - Level 2   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Staff Club - troy0891
Total Awards: 22 (more» ...)
I'm 7 missions in and for the most part the game is pretty decent for what looks to be a small budget/small team game. The AI is super annoying at times and I hate how they've literred the game with pointless collectables. I do find it interesting how the game is based off a real person though. Not looking forward to the 5 hour achevement.

Barad is offline   Reply With Quote