PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Assassin's Creed: Revelations
Subscribe    Donate

Old 11-27-2011, 07:48 PM   #1
davidmerrell

davidmerrell's Gamercard
Anyone Else Having Control Issues?

I want to start off by saying I own all of the AC games. I also have gotten all the achievements on all of them and am currently working on this one. With that said, of all the games the controls on this one are broke for me. All of the button commands are the same. That is not the issue. The issue is with them not doing what they are supposed to. I dont know how many times I have been climbing something and all the sudden just get stuck. He will not climb anymore. I literally have to let go and start over. Then he will climb the same exact part he wouldnt a second ago. Also whats up with sometimes he will climb fast other times he takes his sweet ass time? Again, not pushing any different buttons. I have the trigger held down the whole time to climb fast. He just chooses to go fast one time and slow another. Or how about when you are trying to catch someone and he gets fucking stuck on everything because you are holding down right trigger and A. lol I know that one is kinda on the fence but holy shit, any little thing you come to he will climb it and get stuck. Its horse shit. I guess what Im trying to say is that Im nowhere near new to this game so thats not the issue. I know once you get the buttons down and are not mashing that climbing is supposed to be fluid. Its just that with this game it is somewhat broken to me. Climbing is no longer fun. I dont even climb when going between two points because I dont want to rage on my game for it sucking. lol Just curious if anybody else familiar with the series feels that the climbing is somewhat broke in this game.
davidmerrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 08:23 PM   #2
shinobigarth

Send a message via Skype™ to shinobigarth

ShinobiGarth's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
personally i havent run into any climbing issues that i hadnt encountered in past games. i found that if you want to climb up, sometimes you need to just wiggle the stick left to right a bit while holding up, that almost always relieves any issues of him getting "stuck" and not climbing. but he does seem to climb at different speeds now that you mention it. i dont know if they added some kind of invisible "stamina" that if he's been running around and climbing a lot recently he becomes "tired" and cant climb as fast. i mean he is like 50 in this game after all LOL.

what i have a problem with is him not doing what i want him to sometimes. mostly its him not jumping to where i want him. when you are really high, the game prioritizes hay bales to a ridiculous degree, so that it makes it hard if you want to jump off and open a parachute, but instead he does a leap of faith. stuff like that is what i have issues with.

MSG me on Live!
shinobigarth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 08:28 PM   #3
xKRAIZEEMANx

xKRAIZEEMANx's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by shinobigarth View Post
personally i havent run into any climbing issues that i hadnt encountered in past games.

This.....

xKRAIZEEMANx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 08:49 PM   #4
kennyubasterd00

KennyUbasterd00's Gamercard

Don't press the A button when your running on the street because the game will think you want to climb since that is what the A button is for. If you only press the RT without the A he'll run into something and stop without climbing.

As for the getting stuck part, stop pressing all the buttons and sticks for about a half a second, press and hold RT + UP + A. Other than this I don't understand what the problem is here...
"MineCraft = low budget Skyrim."
kennyubasterd00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 10:48 PM   #5
davidmerrell

davidmerrell's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyubasterd00 View Post
Don't press the A button when your running on the street because the game will think you want to climb since that is what the A button is for. If you only press the RT without the A he'll run into something and stop without climbing.

As for the getting stuck part, stop pressing all the buttons and sticks for about a half a second, press and hold RT + UP + A. Other than this I don't understand what the problem is here...
First of all you hold A to sprint faster when you are chasing someone. Not just for climbing. Second of all, Im not a noob at this game. I have played alot of hours. Got 1000G on all of them. So I know how to climb. This is the first of the series I have ran into these problems. If you are not experiencing this then good for you. That would explain why you dont see what the problem is here.
Old 11-27-2011, 11:42 PM   #6
kennyubasterd00

KennyUbasterd00's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidmerrell View Post
First of all you hold A to sprint faster when you are chasing someone. Not just for climbing. Second of all, Im not a noob at this game. I have played alot of hours. Got 1000G on all of them. So I know how to climb. This is the first of the series I have ran into these problems. If you are not experiencing this then good for you. That would explain why you dont see what the problem is here.
I just assumed you were having a problem with the hookblade or something along that line since this is the only game that uses it.

As for the climbing/running/A button thing I guess I just miss-interpreted what you said. I don't see the point in ripping me a new one for trying to help, sheesh.
"MineCraft = low budget Skyrim."
kennyubasterd00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 07:07 AM   #7
shinobigarth

Send a message via Skype™ to shinobigarth

ShinobiGarth's Gamercard

climbing with that metal glove in the last game is pretty close to climbing with the hookblade.

MSG me on Live!
shinobigarth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 01:18 PM   #8
SpinelesS

Mr SpinelesS's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Like someone else said, I had no problems with climbing that I didn't have in the other games.

In all the games I have become stuck while climbing every now and then. Generally it takes a slight move left of right to fix this problem.

Of course with the hookblade Just holding down the right trigger and A to climb no longer works.

If you tap the A button you will jump once.

If you hold the A button for a couple seconds (and there are handholds in the right place) You will double hook jump, which is a faster way to climb.

SpinelesS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 02:45 PM   #9
WargasmicTzipi

WargasmicTzipi's Gamercard
Only trouble I have is sometimes he climbs quickly and sometimes he takes flipping ages to climbing the same wall.
WargasmicTzipi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 03:57 PM   #10
Coroner117

Coroner117's Gamercard
I know what you mean and I personally find it a reason to (sometimes) hate the climbing part of this game. I too have all four games and 1000G'd the previous three and have spend hundreds of hours enjoying the gameplay, but I too have this problem, but I don't think it has anything to do with the controls. I think it's just a gameplay mechanic bug that hasn't been fixed (yet; hopefully). I've gotten used to it now, but prefer a more smooth gameplay. Maybe it exists, because there are more options now (like the Hookblade) and the game has some problems recognising what you're trying to do in-game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinobigarth View Post
climbing with that metal glove in the last game is pretty close to climbing with the hookblade.
No, it isn't.
Constipation causes people not to give a crap.
Some people are only alive because it's illegal to shoot them.
Always avoid awesome alliterations.
Coroner117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 05:06 PM   #11
davidmerrell

davidmerrell's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyubasterd00 View Post
I just assumed you were having a problem with the hookblade or something along that line since this is the only game that uses it.

As for the climbing/running/A button thing I guess I just miss-interpreted what you said. I don't see the point in ripping me a new one for trying to help, sheesh.
lol, guess i misinterpreted your comment as well. thought you was being a smartass. i love the hook blade. no complaints there. just not sure whats up with the climbing in this game. never had these issues before. Im half tempted to go trade for another copy and see what happens.
Old 11-28-2011, 05:31 PM   #12
eiVaL

Y0 MAC's Gamercard
ive had just 1 or 2 times where there was a tree near a wall an when i climbed up he got stuck

you can always just pause the game an back out to the animus then go back into the city an you wont lose anything

as for general running, jumping climbing i have noticed its not as fluid as the last 2 games.

theres plenty of spots where it lets me run up the wall at an angle which doesnt trigger the animation of grabbing the piece of wall right above an it reminds me of AC1 which had the same horrible mechanics. an you could litterally be running around the city an if you got too close to a wall it triggers the stupid "run up the wall, pause in air an fall back down, then repeating over an over cause you cant make any directional adjustments until you stop "free running"

an theres also the annoyingly slow climbing where im holding the Trigger and A yet hes still just taking 1 step at a time instead of swarming up with wall with his Hook.

it makes no sense why when theres large gaps where you HAVE to use that manuever to climb they program it so he can just fly right up, yet in normal areas where theres a bunch of stuff to grab hold they make you do the slow climbing animation.

you can tell they either had a different development team do this game or they rushed it, if they wanna churn one out each year they should get 2 teams to spend atleast 2 years to avoid regressing things they basically had already perfected since AC2

Last edited by eiVaL; 11-28-2011 at 05:34 PM.
eiVaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 05:51 PM   #13
ebin

ebin20's Gamercard
It's because Ezio's old.
ebin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 06:24 PM   #14
Jesuit007

Saitta's Gamercard
Oddly, I've had some of the aforementioned issues in single player, but not in multiplayer.

Arcade Complete - 9
Jesuit007 is offline   Reply With Quote