PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Games for Windows Live Games > Where's Waldo?
Subscribe    Donate

Old 01-24-2010, 05:19 AM   #31
DarkGin87

DarkGin87's Gamercard
Im guessing no one has had any luck yet?

DarkGin87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 09:40 AM   #32
Tallboy2005

T4llboy's Gamercard
Nope. Bought this back in the half price days, and have checked this thread every few days or so for a fix but nothing. I've spent my hours trying to find out how to get this to work with no luck. Hopefully someone will find something soon or it will get fixed, but I'm not holding my breath.
Old 02-12-2010, 07:49 PM   #33
IEvil IMonkey

IEvil IMonkey's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Takes the fucking piss........... 600msp down the can and they dont care less!!!!

I wont be using GFWL EVER AGAIN.... Kiss My Arse Microshaft!!!!!
Old 03-17-2010, 03:29 AM   #34
Tallboy2005

T4llboy's Gamercard
I finally managed to get this to play on my comp. I'm not sure this will help anyone but heres what I think happened to me. Recently I had a virus called the KGB Virus which I read blocks certain programs. When I took my laptop over to my family's house, I couldn't connect to their internet because this virus I didn't know I had was blocking it. I think it was blocking Waldo as well. I managed to get that removed and solved. I never tried playing Waldo after so tonight I tried again as usual, and it worked. Not sure if this matters either but I started the game through the program files as well instead of gfwl, granted I did that before with no luck. If you don't know where that is its at C:\Program Files\Ludia\Where's Waldo . Then clicked on the icon second from the bottom called Waldo.exe. Not sure if this will help many people but hopefully it will help some.
Old 03-22-2010, 01:35 PM   #35
MattDB87

Send a message via ICQ to MattDB87 Send a message via AIM to MattDB87 Send a message via MSN to MattDB87 Send a message via Yahoo to MattDB87 Send a message via Skype™ to MattDB87

Matt DB87's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   GTA IV Subscribers Tournament - First Place   Word of Mouth   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
ya my game freezes too while trying to sign into waldo and then kicks me to my desktop. I was on the phone with Microsoft for 2 hours and the lady had me do literally 20 different things to try to resolve the problem till finally she told me that they will call me tomorrow and try to continue the help lol.
MattDB87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 11:26 PM   #36
lormunboy

lormun boy's Gamercard
Anyone find a solution to the loading problem yet?

100K Gamerscore on 11/14/10
lormunboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 05:00 PM   #37
Achiever TM

Achiever TM's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Gold   Referrals - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1   A+ Thread Award
I'm going through the same, but I managed to run twice after download it. 1st time it went very well. 2nd time the game was freezing everytime but sudently it opened fine..from then on it seems impossible to run it.

Last edited by Achiever TM; 08-25-2010 at 03:25 PM.
Achiever TM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 10:01 AM   #38
Achiever TM

Achiever TM's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Gold   Referrals - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1   A+ Thread Award
finaly I made it!! what i've done was keep trying to run it..after 10 times it worked..the game was already joining LIVE but frozed right after join..so I pressed Home button right when it signed and the game is running now..I won't close it anymore untill I 200'd it

edit: i found a possible solution for this problem.
all you have to do is install a GFWL game. I can only play this game after install another GFWL game.
I tried it 3 times, twice with Tinker and another after installing Juiced 2. I was able to play this game another time after uninstall and re-install the game.

It's also possible to play the game offline, you won't get achievements but at least you can play the game. Playing offline require an acount and the game still freeze but it runs fine more times that connected to LIVE.

Hope this info help someone in the same situation.

edit2: after installing Juiced2 the game seems to work better, so installing a new GFWL game can be a possible solution for this. I saw a similar info in a comment at trueachievements site.
I'm done with this game so good luck to everyone.

edit3: after a few tries i can confirm that my game is running fine everytime i try to play it now so if you're having troubles with game freezing try to install another GFWL game and it might fix freezing problems.

Last edited by Achiever TM; 08-18-2010 at 09:24 AM.
Achiever TM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 08:27 AM   #39
Kid Vranic

Kid Vranic's Gamercard
I never had it freezing but I do have long loading times. But the funny thing is that I have 2 games for GFWL. Tinker and this one. installed Tinker first so maybe the poster above is right cause I never crashed with Waldo.
Old 11-26-2010, 02:09 AM   #40
DarkGin87

DarkGin87's Gamercard
Finnally Fixed

Hello

i thought i would post this for people who still may look on to fix this game

i have actually fixed my problem (same computer)

All i have done is try to play the game from my girl friends account(first time i have try to)

now because i did not buy the game through her account it ask to valid code(which never works because i never bought it on her account)

then i log into my account and it asks to validate the code(it then logs me in to play the game)

yes it sometimes has the same issue but after trying this 10 times

only 1 failed which was my 3rd attempted this

i can now transfer my save from my laptop to finish this game off

DarkGin87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 06:11 PM   #41
linx

card1nalsfan's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Achiever TM View Post
finaly I made it!! what i've done was keep trying to run it..after 10 times it worked..the game was already joining LIVE but frozed right after join..so I pressed Home button right when it signed and the game is running now..I won't close it anymore untill I 200'd it

edit: i found a possible solution for this problem.
all you have to do is install a GFWL game. I can only play this game after install another GFWL game.
I tried it 3 times, twice with Tinker and another after installing Juiced 2. I was able to play this game another time after uninstall and re-install the game.

It's also possible to play the game offline, you won't get achievements but at least you can play the game. Playing offline require an acount and the game still freeze but it runs fine more times that connected to LIVE.

Hope this info help someone in the same situation.

edit2: after installing Juiced2 the game seems to work better, so installing a new GFWL game can be a possible solution for this. I saw a similar info in a comment at trueachievements site.
I'm done with this game so good luck to everyone.

edit3: after a few tries i can confirm that my game is running fine everytime i try to play it now so if you're having troubles with game freezing try to install another GFWL game and it might fix freezing problems.
I'm wondering if this made it work. Because yesterday I bought Osmos. Before I started Osmos I decided to try Waldo first just to see they had a patch or anything. But for the first time after many months of trying and failing the thing went and actually worked. Its was great to be actually playing the darn thing after months of having it just shut down after the sign in screen.

linx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 03:24 PM   #42
FroZeNSouL

FroZeNSouL's Gamercard
with the whole uninstall / reinstall gfwl
do u need to ::??

uninstall Wheres Waldo
uninstall tinker / other gfwl game
reInstall tinker / other gfwl game
reInstall Wheres Waldo

or can u just have Waldo installed while u reinstall whatever other game?

Ive only been able to play this the first nite i purchaced it, and ive not been able to get beyond the sign in. All other games work through sign in.
Looked on other forums and loads having same thing, regardless of OS/firewall settings.

Ive read that sometimes deleting the save file will allow you in, but cant find the location, anyone know?? And yes i know that Tinkers is in 'My Documents'

Please msg if working on:GTA4, GTA5, All GoW
FroZeNSouL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 02:35 AM   #43
FroZeNSouL

FroZeNSouL's Gamercard
Lightbulb Solution

Ok i tried the installing another GFWL game and the logging into another Passport ID,
but NOTHING worked

i finally found the location of the save files
Code:
C:\Users\YOURuserNAME\AppData\Roaming\Ludia\Waldo
theres several files here which i deleted all to make it work,
but obviously if you have previously done alot of the game, you dont simply want to delete them.
So i experiment, through trail and error, deleting some, then seeing if i could stay logged in and enter the game.

My results? Seems like deleting anything will get you through!!
The files P_2651226209209405_0 to P_2651226209209405_5 are the save slots 1-6.
I originaly left the globals, but looks like doesnt matter if delete or not, some time deleting will give better odds of getting into the game.

So, how do you get into the game::
  1. Go to C:\Users\YOURuserNAME\AppData\Roaming\Ludia\Waldo
    and delete all files,
    OR keep the relevant save data slot ie
    P_2651226209209405_0.p
    P_2651226209209405_0.p.crc
  2. Open 'Games for Windows Marketplace'
    OR 'Games Explorer' and launch 'Where's Waldo'
  3. When get past the splash, close the sign in window in game,
    goto 'Options' disable 'Fullscreen' (Sometimes seemed to help)
  4. Now hit 'LIVE' and sign in.
    It will still freeze/hang a bit, your see GFWMarketoplace symbol appear in the bottom of the taskbar.
  5. Quickly excape the Sign in navigation at the top once signed in. 9/10 times it will work, sign in and bring up the friends list etc nav bar. Ive found leaving this up for too long still crashes to desktop, but exiting it and clicking on the Singleplayer menu seemed to keep it going.
You dont have to have it windowed but found it helped.
Also you will have to do this each time you play the game, deleting etc.
You can use more than one slot, ive copied 2 over but delete all other files and some how works.

Sorry for long post, im no expert. I just found this worked for me after 4 hours of trying everyone elses meathods with nothing working >_<

Please msg if working on:GTA4, GTA5, All GoW
FroZeNSouL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 09:24 PM   #44
IEvil IMonkey

IEvil IMonkey's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
^^
Well after 2 years of having this game with no joy at all, I checked back today and tried the above method... I now have 80g so far =)

The save file was in a different place but I found it when I searched my laptop for "AppData"

All I can say is MS are total wankers for releasing this in the state its in.... why should we need to go around trying all these things??? A proper testing would have found this out!!!

I kept to my word and never bought another GFWL title after I purchased this 2 years ago and I WILL NEVER buy one again after this experience... I'm just glad my 600msp wasn't a total waste and can't believe they're asking 9.99 for this now!!!