PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Assassin's Creed: Revelations
Subscribe    Donate

Old 11-26-2011, 10:13 PM   #1
Glitch010

Glitch010's Gamercard
Subject 16 (spoilers!)

So I haven't seen this anywhere else so I am posting it here.
I noticed that Subject 16 in the Animus looks almost identical to Altair's son in some of the flashback memories. Does anyone else see this?
So I am thinking that Desmond and 16 are related and maybe 16 or Altair's son could be the main character in AC III or whatever they call it!
Someone back me up on this!
Old 11-26-2011, 11:00 PM   #2
daishichi

Daishichi's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
I can't say I saw the resemblance you point out on my own, didn't strike me at the time, but it's true they have the exact same mouth and look quite similar.

Here's the Wiki page for Altair's son Darim:
http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki..._Ibn-La%27Ahad

and for Subject 16:
http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/Subject_16

and a side by side picture of them:

The wiki says Subject 16 is a "descendant of primordial Adam and Ezio Auditore da Firenze"...not sure where that comes from, same as the name he's given, Clay Kaczmarek...must be one of the novels or other expansion stories. Anyway, it means Desmond and he do share some ancestors.

What caught my eye about him was the symbol on his jacket: looks like an ancient greek building, the Parthenon or something. Since Desmond always wears Eagle symbols, I thought this was a hint about the memories we're likely to explore in a future game. The wiki says "While at Abstergo, Clay relived the lives of his ancestors in the Far East and ancient Africa, as well as one at the Battle of Gettysburg, one in the Roman forum, and one who was connected with Queen Isabella"...again, don't know where that comes from.

Last edited by daishichi; 11-27-2011 at 02:42 AM.
daishichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 11:35 PM   #3
Glitch010

Glitch010's Gamercard
I think the second or third to last Altair memory is what really made it stand out for me. And the last one where Altair goes into his library sealed it!
I would love to learn more about 16...he was one of my favorite parts of the games.
Old 11-27-2011, 01:10 AM   #4
SoleAssassin

Glad I wasn't the only one who caught the resemblance.

“He looks determined without being ruthless. Something heroic in his manner. There’s courage about him. Doesn’t look like a killer. Comes across so strong. Acts like he has a dream. Full of passion."
SoleAssassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 01:48 AM   #5
Tanaki Khan

Tanaki khan's Gamercard
As much as it would be nice to think this was an intended resemblance, the cynic in me says it's simple re-use of resources with minimum of effort/cost to make two people look different.

I do wonder where they will go with 16 if anywhere given his more active presence in Revelations.
Tanaki Khan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 06:45 PM   #6
Necrophage33

Necrophage33's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanaki Khan View Post
As much as it would be nice to think this was an intended resemblance, the cynic in me says it's simple re-use of resources with minimum of effort/cost to make two people look different.

I do wonder where they will go with 16 if anywhere given his more active presence in Revelations.
Didn't 16 get deleted from the animus at the end of Revelations? Maybe they could have more clues or something from him, but I can't see him being a character in the next game since he was "killed off" already. I do wish they'd develop some more story around him though.
Necrophage33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 07:30 PM   #7
bbss

Doctor B Samson's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Necrophage33 View Post
Didn't 16 get deleted from the animus at the end of Revelations? Maybe they could have more clues or something from him, but I can't see him being a character in the next game since he was "killed off" already. I do wish they'd develop some more story around him though.
Since I still don't see an AC happening in real life (no Animus : no checkpoints, no repeat memory, no synch... basycally no AC) maybe 16 merged his DNA or something with Desmond when he gave him that hug before disappearing. We could play 16's memories in the animus then.

...land
bbss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 09:20 PM   #8
kennyubasterd00

KennyUbasterd00's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbss View Post
Since I still don't see an AC happening in real life (no Animus : no checkpoints, no repeat memory, no synch... basycally no AC) maybe 16 merged his DNA or something with Desmond when he gave him that hug before disappearing. We could play 16's memories in the animus then.
I was thinking more along the lines of him somehow inserting his consciousness into Desmond's because, technically speaking, they both have the same DNA strands concerning Ezio and Altair (hence why he's in the Animus already).

I'm probably thinking a little far ahead here but I get the feeling, sometime when Desmond completes/is doing "what he needs to do" subject 16 is gonna try taking over Desmond's body. This is just speculation since 16 was suggesting going with Desmond and sharing his body until he got his own. Maybe done with the Apple and maybe Lucy's dead body since they can't really leave it lying around as a clue for Abstergo.
"MineCraft = low budget Skyrim."
kennyubasterd00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 10:17 PM   #9
Teh Phantomz

l The Phantom l's Gamercard
All the subjects were assassins so I guess they are related in someway.

Party time Party time Party time Party time Party time Party time

We all just need a little bit of Sunshine in our lives.

Teh Phantomz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 10:23 PM   #10
Efase

Efase's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teh Phantomz View Post
All the subjects were assassins so I guess they are related in someway.
This. 10char.

Thanks a lot to Gackt

The blog where I write Please drop by
Efase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 10:27 PM   #11
xTGMx INF3RNO

xTGMx INF3RNO's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts
16 is not his son. Just isnt they.do look alike tho

xTGMx INF3RNO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 10:38 PM   #12
kennyubasterd00

KennyUbasterd00's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by xTGMx INF3RNO View Post
16 is not his son. Just isnt they.do look alike tho
Probably not brothers, maybe cousins or second cousins. They could both be from the same Assassin's hideout because if I remember right 16 knew Desmond. He could be roughly 20 years older than him technically and Desmond might not be able to recognize him since he was a kid when he ran away from home.
"MineCraft = low budget Skyrim."
kennyubasterd00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 12:30 AM   #13
xTGMx INF3RNO

Desmond and 16 r.prob related. But 16 wont be altairs son

Old 11-28-2011, 12:56 AM   #14
XToastySniperX

XToastySniperX's Gamercard
Well, there was one moment where 16 started to go a bit psycho, and said he was tired of being trapped on the island. So, it is possible that at the last second he decided to merge himself into Desmond.

But... There is one thing that goes against this theory. When 16 hugs him, Desmond goes, "What are you doing?!?!"

His reply, "Saving your life!!!" *throws him to safety* So perhaps he was just saying goodbye to him, or leading him away from the danger so he wouldn't be erased/deleted by the Animus.

1. Assassin's Creed (1000/1000)
2. Assassin's Creed II (1000/1000)
3. Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood (1250/1250)
Working On - AC:R, Skyrim, and Portal 2

Check out my YouTube channel here!
XToastySniperX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 01:46 AM   #15
maggot327

maggot327's Gamercard
When is the next one supposed to be comming out, heard they were not making anymore after 2012...with the myans and all lol
maggot327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 01:53 AM   #16
xTGMx INF3RNO

Desmonds.story is.meant to end 21st dec 2012. So ubi want to release it before then real time so its before the date in real life. They will prob do more after irs there best selling game series

Old 11-28-2011, 12:47 PM   #17
Hiigarian

Otseg0's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by XToastySniperX View Post
Well, there was one moment where 16 started to go a bit psycho, and said he was tired of being trapped on the island. So, it is possible that at the last second he decided to merge himself into Desmond.

But... There is one thing that goes against this theory. When 16 hugs him, Desmond goes, "What are you doing?!?!"

His reply, "Saving your life!!!" *throws him to safety* So perhaps he was just saying goodbye to him, or leading him away from the danger so he wouldn't be erased/deleted by the Animus.
This. 16 probably saved Desmond, 'cause 16got erased with the rest of the Animus Island (or so it seems), while Desmond regained his consciousness.

However, losing 16 for good would be a shame, and I'd like to see him being a little "dent" in Desmond's very calm, calculated and never-intimidated stance that he usually has - maybe as a second voice in his head, or giving "bleeding effect" hints while you're in Eagle Sense, or something like that.

100% Retail: 3 // 100% Arcade: 1 // 100% WP7: 4
Hiigarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 05:01 AM   #18
DanielH

CraziestDemonic's Gamercard
i've play the ACreed Games-plus The Da Vinci Disappearance, and knowing that soon a DLC for Revelations will come, and i'll get that. point is ACreed Series plus DLC 9/10 Recommend.

BTW 100% on ACreed AC 1 and 2. plus DLC.
Singleplayer 100% Brotherhood/Revelations

my point i rewatch the ending for Subjet 16-Brotherhood, it said, as you know.

"compiling sub system/infrastructure/tendes/heart/voice-Subject 16-LOL. yes-coughs, yes. But then it says SUBJECT 17. Desmond "you're dead. i saw you're blood" mind blown. WTF.

but in revelations Subject 16. WTF!!!! is it Subject 16 or 17. yes Subject 16 IS Dead, BUT A Part Of Him, ALIVE, uh, really, really, mind blow, WTF!!!

don't believe me

REMEMBER THIS, OH YES YOU DO!!! Brotherhood.

Last edited by DanielH; 11-30-2011 at 06:21 AM.
DanielH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 03:46 PM   #19
Necrophage33

Necrophage33's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielH View Post
i've play the ACreed Games-plus The Da Vinci Disappearance, and knowing that soon a DLC for Revelations will come, and i'll get that. point is ACreed Series plus DLC 9/10 Recommend.

BTW 100% on ACreed AC 1 and 2. plus DLC.
Singleplayer 100% Brotherhood/Revelations

my point i rewatch the ending for Subjet 16-Brotherhood, it said, as you know.

"compiling sub system/infrastructure/tendes/heart/voice-Subject 16-LOL. yes-coughs, yes. But then it says SUBJECT 17. Desmond "you're dead. i saw you're blood" mind blown. WTF.

but in revelations Subject 16. WTF!!!! is it Subject 16 or 17. yes Subject 16 IS Dead, BUT A Part Of Him, ALIVE, uh, really, really, mind blow, WTF!!!

don't believe me
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_aZ2-66H6s

REMEMBER THIS, OH YES YOU DO!!! Brotherhood.
I have absolutely no idea what you're trying to say in this post. Can you type out full words/sentences and use better grammar so I understand what you're trying to get across?
Necrophage33 is offline   Reply With Quote