PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Racing > DIRT: Colin McRae Off-Road
Subscribe    Donate

Old 04-19-2007, 08:01 AM   #1
L3giOn

I L3giOn I's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Referrals - Bronze   5,000 Posts   Gears of War Annex Challenge Runners Up   NBA Live 1000 People Online Supporter   Gears of War Tournament Final Four   Submit - Bronze   Street Fighter 2 Runner-up   Donator - Level 1   UNO - Gold
Total Awards: 9 (more» ...)
Game Info

Colin McRae Rally, the genre-leading off-road racer, is set to return in 2007. Codemasters confirmed that the all-new McRae game, (working title CMR'07), is now in development exclusively for next-generation platforms, and will be available next year.
After a two-year break for the series, Codemasters Studios' designers are back and re- creating a totally reinvigorated McRae experience. The new Colin McRae title will go beyond the series' point-to-point rallying to deliver the most diverse selection of extreme off-road competitions. Sensational gravel, mud and dirt racing events from the world over will include perilous Hill Climb and collision-packed Rally Cross events.
The game will also feature international rallying competitions, with official cars on tracks based on real roads and locations around the globe. McCrae will expand on beat-the-clock racing and include events with multiple cars on track to satisfy gamers who want to push their on-the-edge driving further.
"The all-new Colin McRae Rally will be a real evolution for the series and offer a massive variety of off-road events, more than any other single-championship rally game has before," said Gavin Raeburn, executive producer at Codemasters. "It's being designed to offer a totally accessible, high-speed ride for newcomers to the series, yet hardened McRae players will be able to delve under the hood and immerse themselves in the most challenging of competitions."
With official cars and official events across a wide variety of off-road and rally disciplines, the most authentic and thrilling tracks ever in a McRae game, modes that make the most of online multiplayer and the series' trademark intuitive car handling system tuned to perfection, Colin McRae Rally is evolving and will appear on next-generation systems in 2007.
Old 05-08-2007, 02:19 PM   #2
angry

Send a message via AIM to angry Send a message via MSN to angry

Angry xBs's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 2   1,000 Posts   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
What do you think of DiRT? Do you think its just a rip off of Motorstorm or something totally new?. might get DiRT for Xbox 360. It loks like an awesome game!

IF @ FIRST YOU DON'T SUCCEED TRY HARDER AS CHEATING GET'S YOU KNOWHERE

Games Completed: 9

Arcade Games Completed:
angry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2007, 08:22 PM   #3
Steph Kai

I must say, this game has got to be the most impressive racing game i have seen on the 360 so far. The graphics are just stunning and blast Forza away, by miles. The replay mode looks so realistic that you will think you're watching a rally program, and ingame looks almost that impressive as well.

BUT....

WTF did they do with the online/multiplayer part, seriously, what a shame. This is just one of those games you can enjoy a lot on a late night with some friends, but they messed it up totally. There is no splitscreen, only link and live, and even that isn't really multiplayer. This is a point that you have to take in mind if you want to buy this game.

But nevertheless, the gameplay is great, the graphics are stunning and even the fact that the multiplayer isn't that great, and the splitscreen is missing. This is a must have for everyone, not only for rally fans.

I would give this game a 8/10. I would have given it a 9.5/10, but thanks to the crappy multiplayer part it gets only an 8. Still, it beats Forza. But that's just a personal opinion.
Steph Kai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2007, 08:30 PM   #4
YUGANSKNEFTEGAZ

Yeah, single player is easily a 9.5+/10, but online modes are a massive disappointment. Online rallys are the genuine article, ie beating split times as opposed to direct opponents. But there would have been so much pleasure is competing for a narrow-lane track of bumping a friend over the edge; forcing them to restart etc.

Still, one of the best games i've played in a while, particularly in the racing genre.

YUGANSKNEFTEGAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2007, 08:54 PM   #5
Webb
Ninja Editor

Webb x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase x360a Representer   Referrals - Gold   PAX Meet 2010   x360a Book Club   A+ Thread Award   Achievement Guide - Silver   Staff - Administrator   10,000 posts   Submit - Gold   Bright Idea   Gears of War Tournament Final Four   NBA Live 1000 People Online Supporter
Total Awards: 15 (more» ...)
Totally agree with whats been said. I love the single player... Well the point to points anyway and I think it looks stunning. Shame about the multiplayer though.

Marge: Have you noticed any change in Bart
Homer: New glasses?
Marge: Noooo... He looks like something maybe disturbing him
Homer: Probably misses his old glasses
Marge: We could get more involved in Bart's activities, but then I'd be afraid of smothering him
Homer: Yeah, and then we'd get the chair.
Marge: That's not what I meant!
Homer: It was Marge, admit it.
Webb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2007, 09:34 PM   #6
CovertDog

covertdog's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - CovertDog   2,500 Posts   Submit - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   NBA Live 1000 People Online Supporter
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Was Dirt delayed in North America? It was suppose to be out this past Thuesday, but I can't find it anywhere and no one on my friends list is playing it. Anyone know about a new release date?

Space for rent.

CovertDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2007, 10:43 PM   #7
jorGe62990
Banned User

Send a message via AIM to jorGe62990

jorGe62990's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
yea its already out...my local ebgames store just received a shipment this past Wednesday
jorGe62990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2007, 07:28 PM   #8
james

II JaMEs 92 II's Gamercard
what the maximum playa limit in online racing?
james is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 02:05 AM   #9
Bombstriker

Send a message via AIM to Bombstriker

Bombstriker's Gamercard
I am thinking about getting this, heard a lot of hype, how would rate on a scale from 1 to 10 compared to Nascar?

HOPE TO GET A SIG SOON...
Bombstriker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 02:12 AM   #10
crapstain101

speak easy85's Gamercard
this game came out almost 5 years ago now and I'm just playing it now and it's still better than most racing games out there
crapstain101 is offline   Reply With Quote