Complete Grub Location Guide

Here i have a complete grub location guide for the 'Get Some Grub' Achievement. All of this guide was made by Mattakasnipes so I take no credit for this but i'm sure we should all thank this guy for this awesome guide, it helped me out personally!

Complete Get Some Grub Guide

1-5: When you fall into the tunnels

6: Tunnel entrance

7: Straight ahead

8: On the ground

9-11: Web blocking tunnel.

12-14: First room you enter. Two on the left just past entrance, the last one is straight ahead on the wall.

15-17: In the tunnel past the previous room. Group of three on the floor

18-19: Same tunnel as the previous just a little further down the tunnel on the floor.

20-23: 4 in web blocking tunnel.

24-26: When you fall into the man made tunnel turn around and head to the dead end on the right side on the floor.

27: On the wall past the blocked hole in the ground

28 Hidden: right beside 27 on the right side is a locker; open it and its inside.

29-30: In the blocked hole one is at the top of the hole and the other at the bottom

31: tunnel floor when you fall in hole.

32: Same tunnel as previous when you turn to the right it is on the left wall

Large Room – Top to Bottom

33-37: enter the room and Look straight up at the wall in front of you. There will be 5 around a hole in the wall.

38-40: Directly below where the previous set was

41-44: Directly below where the previous set was.

45-46: On the floor going up the ramp.

47-49: In a web blocking the path.

50-54: when you get to the top of this ramp you will have to jump down into the next area. To the right before you jump down there is a hole in the wall. 4 grubs are on the outside of the hole and one is in side. There are magnum bullets inside the whole do a sprint and jump to reach them.

Large Room 2.

55-56: Once you jump down from the above mentioned ramp they are on the ground off to the left.

57- Sitting on the middle rock in the room

58-59 walk into the room a little bit and you will see them on the ground off to the right.

Off to the left under water is a webbed hole break it for some goodies

60: Inside tunnel you will see it when swimming under water to next area.

Large Room 3 – Antilion dies in the water.

61-62: Once you come out of the water right in front of you.

63-64: just to the left on the ground.

65-66: On the right side of the long tunnel by the boat.

67: On the left side of the tunnel just past the boat.

68-69 in the centre of the tunnel on the ground

70: look directly to your right.

71-72: Following the tunnels along you will find 2 on the floor.

Large Room 4 – Water directly ahead of you, acid shooting at you.

73-76: In a web on the left side of the room directly when you enter.

77: walk straight ahead past the water it is on the ground

78-79 follow the tunnels along on the ground you will see them

80: keep following the tunnels

81: keep following the tunnel

82: Stand on 81 turn left right in front of you

83-85 you come into a circle type room run around the rock in the middle and they are on the ground

86-87: Following the tunnel again on the ground in front of you

88-91: Follow the tunnel you come to a web break it.

IF YOU DO NOT HAVE 91 at this point turn back around and start looking!

92-93: fall of ledge right in front of you.

Fall into hole begin big battle.

Big Battle over.

94-96: once your back in the tunnels there will be three rights in front of you.

97-98: follow the tunnel along walk right into them.

99-102: Follow the tunnel along break the web and walk straight there will be one on a wall beside a hole with a web. Break the web they are inside.

103-105: Follow the path along 3 on the ground.

106-108: Break web enter room three right in front of you

109: Fall off the ledge and kill the one off to the right

110-112: There is a group on the wall when following along the path.

SOME WHAT HIDDEN 113-114: Just past the above three you will come to an area a few steps past and it opens up. Look up and to the right and you will see two hidden out of sight.

115-116: Following the path there will be 2 to the left when you come to the T intersection.

117-118: Following the path along again 2 on the ground on the right side once you enter the new tunnel and clear the large room.

119-120: Following the path along you will come to a webbed hole on the right side there are two inside.

*continued*

Edited by ChumbaWumba91

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It gets hard here cause of being attacked so much you should leave with 130

121-122: Following the path along you come to a large room two right in front of you on the ground.

123-126: Following the path around you will come to an area where the path goes down in the web to the left there are 4.

127: Follow the path on the ground

128-130: follow the path as you come back up it is on the ground right in front of you.

131-132: New Tunnel 2 on ground right in front of you

133-134: Following the tunnel along you will see a webbed hole in front of you again shoot it 2 inside.

135-137: Follow the path way along on the floor.

138-139: Follow tunnel along there will be 2 on the right side of the wall

140-141: Following the tunnel along again you will see two on the right side of the wall and a webbed hole in the roof.

142: Break the web and back up a grenade will fall. Look up the hole when all clear and shoot the one grub

143-145: Fall down into the man made tunnel and there are three to the left

146-148: Open up the door kill the three by the gas can.

149-151: as you go down the elevator there are three on the side of the wall just look back up if you missed them going down.

152-154: when the elevator hits the ground turn so you are facing a wooden wall and there are three on the ground.

155-156: Two on the ground following the tunnel in front of the elevator.

157-159: Directly ahead on the fence.

160-163: There are four in the elevator room. One is under the elevator.

164-165: 2 in the elevator shaft look up. Boom.

166: on the wall beside the elevator.

167-169: On the ground in front of the elevator

170-171: On the ground by the generator.

Open Door for your pal; He opens shutter for you.

172: On the second train car (closest too you)

173-176: Watch the train fall… 4 on the wall by the big hole on the left side.

177-185: In the area with the train tracks and train on the fill facing downwards towards you.

Up ladder around the tunnels move the big steel thing. Fall in hole.

186-188: right when you come out of the water.

189-191: Half way up the ladder

192-197: Top of ladder.

198-200: three by the train tracks…YAY 133 to go!

201-203: Little further up the train tracks.

204-206: On the roof by the previous three.

207-209: Once you fall into the non man made cave.

210-212: Right in front of you.

212-214: Little bit more in front off to the right in a nook.

215-216: Straight ahead.

Okay BIG ROOM –Top to bottom.

217:221: Follow the path round to the left and before you walk across the narrow path look WAY UP you will see a hole and 5 grubs around it.

221-226: directly below there are 5 more, kill them, and you got them all for this area.

I would save here!

227-228: Back in the man made tunnels you come to a T intersection again go to the left 2 behind the broken section of the tunnel

229-230: Back to the middle of the T kill the 2 by the number 4

231-232: Look Up while looking at the number 4.

233-236: Right side of the T 4 on the ground

Use this as your check point and save.

237-239: Right before the hole to fall down and just past it when leaving the pipes.

240-241: Fall into the hole you stop on a web it breaks you fall down and crush two more.

242: look back up the whole.

243-246: continuing on you fall on another web shoot it you take out four.

247-248: After getting out of the water looks around and you will see them in the middle of a rock wall

249-250: Swim under water break the web swim back up and on your right there are 2.

251-254: Swim to the left and there are 4 on the wall

255-256: just before you go into the yellow little cave.

257: On the ground in yellow cave

258: See above.

259: Cave goes to the left then back to the right. Its on the right wall once you go around the corner.

260: Fall out of the yellow cave to a big cave follow it around to the right and you will see another little yellow cave on the left. It is on the right wall inside the cave.

261-263: Continue into the yellow cave and you will find three more. Exit little cave.

SAVE GAME!

264-268: After running for your life there are 2 on the entrance at the yellow cave and 3 inside

269-270- follow the little cave and kill the other two break the web and WAIT.

271-272: Right on the outside of the exit to the little cave come out a bit and look left you will see them.

273-275: Run down the tunnel and you will come to another little cave they are in plain sight kill them.

276-283 Follow the cave along you cant miss them you walk right over them fall down and kill the rest.

284-285: On exiting the cave there are 2 to the right kill them

286-288: On the other little yellow cave off to the right all in plain sight kill them.

289-293: Follow the cave along you can't miss them.

294-295: When you exit there are two on the left side.

SAVE GAME!

296-297: Run down the tunnel the big bad bug came from and into the yellow hole you will kill the on the entrance just from going in.

298-300- walk in the cave. SWEET GOD 33 MORE! Exit Cave and continue to the left.

301-306: Running along you will see another cave off to the right enter it killing the ones on the outside as you go.

306-311: Continue in the Cave and you will get them 2 on the left side of the cave exit.

Big room with elevator:

312: In the webbed hole on the right side

313-315: On the ground on the right side

316: In front of another webbed hole behind a water tank. A head Crab pops out.

317-319: A few feet past the hole three on the ground.

320: By the generator.

321-323: Behind the elevator

324-325: In the center of the room closest to where you came in two on the roof by the webbed hole.

326: Break the webbed hole and back up. When everything falls out shoot the 1 grub.

327-328: Near the back of the room near the dock area 2 on the roof.

329: Break the Web and shoot the grub.

Piñata Party Achievement Done!

Once you fix the elevator, and our pal comes down again have him open the shutter.

330-332: Once the shutter opens its on the right side of the ground.

333: Once Alyx and you get off the elevator ride run straight to the end of the tunnel and look down to the rocks on the ground and then right you will see it through the wood panels.

Get Some Grub Achievement Done!

GUIDE CREATED BY Mattakasnipes

Thanks to TasteyMaggot and Steve50013 for fixing some errors:)

Mattaka,

I followed this guide to the letter and found something odd happening around this area:-

276-284 Follow the cave along you cant miss them you walk right over them fall down and kill the rest.

No matter how many times i reverted to a previous save where i was definite about keeping up with the guide, i kept finding myself with two less around this point, but it evens itself out come the end somehow. Thought I'd better note that in case anyone else gets confused.

Ta for the guide though; life saver.

Great guide - sadly using this guide I end up being one short.

This is where I get to when it goes wrong:

276-284 Follow the cave along you cant miss them you walk right over them fall down and kill the rest.

286-288: On exiting the cave there are 2 to the right kill them

289-292: On the other little yellow cave off to the right all in plain sight kill them.

293-295: Follow the cave along when you exit there are two on the left side.

I have 284 after I fall down on some of the grub which is correct, however, upon leaving I kill 2 more grub and get 286. However the guide is saying I should somehow have 288, when infact it should be 286. So I get to the end and I am missing just one, lucky I saved when I got to 284, as from then on it goes pear shaped.

Does anyone know anywhere along this line where I may have missed one.

* I took a break reloaded my checkpoint where I had 284 and somehow or another I have the correct number. Very Wierd. *

Am I the only one that this guide doesn't work for?

The locations were only in sync up to the 11th grub. After that none of the described locations make any sense. I had well over 50 grubs by the time I got to number 27 on this guide.

Can anyone tell me what's going on?

Yeah, I started a new game from chapter two. After grub 11, there's a large cave with them everywhere. I end up with over 50, but I can't find the locations for anything past 11. And then for some reason I end up in the elevator room where the 150s are in the guide. Yet i only have about 70 by this time.