PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 LIVE Arcade Games > Shmup > Aegis Wing
Subscribe    Donate

Old 02-22-2009, 03:51 PM   #61
smallskillzu

smalls killz u's Gamercard
Nice Perfect for meh i need to try harder
smallskillzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 07:05 PM   #62
TheGoldenReaper

Send a message via AIM to TheGoldenReaper

xWAx Nomsters's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
So how many points has anyone got from the spider hands boss? According to everyone it stops after awhile, so I want to know how much you can get (an estimate) during that boss from blowing up the meteors.
Old 03-18-2009, 06:09 PM   #63
Big Quail

Player AW's Gamercard
It is easy. Play with another person on Insane becouse in that level there are more enemies to kill and tell your friend not to kill any until necesary and bosses. He is there only to get another ship if you happend to die. Take all powerups, they give points.
Old 06-17-2009, 10:18 AM   #64
leau

Roc Feather's Gamercard
The big problem with the meteor method is of course that if you die, all of your points reset. And I'm not good enough yet to beat it in one shot (no talent for shooters).
leau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 04:30 AM   #65
SevDelta

SevDelta's Gamercard
I get enough points to actually get the achievement but for some reason, only when I'm about 65k, the final boss does the laser thing 4 times in a row, sends ships, and continues with the lasers. They're too goddamn hard to dodge; especially the 15-20 times I have to dodge them.
SevDelta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 09:42 PM   #66
Zerowind117

ramenn00dl3's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Using the method described above with the glitched 5th boss, adding your own soundtrack actually helped me lol. I got so sick of the repetitive boos loop I threw on some Beastie Boys. Made it a bit more tollerable haha.

100% Retail + DLC: Mass Effect 3, Halo 3, Fallout 3, Bioshock
---
100% Retail: Halo: CEA, Halo: Reach, Mass Effect 2, Halo: ODST, MW2, CoD4, Halo 2: Vista, Battlefield: BC2, Wanted, Lost: VD, GUN, Avatar: BE, Madden 06’, King Kong, TMNT
---
100% Arcade: Sonic 1,2,3,&K, Comic Jumper, Penny Arcade #1, Shadow Complex, Crazy Taxi, Small Arms, Harm's Way, DoD
Zerowind117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 12:24 AM   #67
Havoc

Herman6's Gamercard
gonna try it right now, thanks for the advice

Havoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 03:41 AM   #68
Tripbar

Send a message via AIM to Tripbar
I just got it today by playing on insane mode with two friends. All I did was attach to my two friends and shoot as a turret while my friend flew the ship. Just make sure you get all the upgrades and by the 5th or last level you should get the achievement before even fighting the last boss. I would suggest just getting missiles and lasers.
Tripbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 02:16 AM   #69
SakuraSylph

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenithMarth View Post
Just plug in a second controller, start the game on insane and bring both ships to the bottom of the screen. Have one ship (1) attach to the second ship (2). Ship 1 will be under the black bar. [Repeat several times]
Brilliant, just brilliant! This developer oversight makes getting ACE, and many of the other achievements for that matter, dead easy. Essentially your ships end up off the bottom of the screen and can't get hit by bullet fire. But yet you can shoot at the enemies! You do this at the start of each level, and can play through the level untouched.

Doing this on Insane will net you easily enough points for ACE. You'd also pick up Legend, Veteran, Rookie, Untouchable, Invulnerable, and Teamwork along the way.

There are a few gotchas to playing the whole game through this way. The very first chunk of enemies at the start of Level 3 (the wave-patterned bugs that chase you) will kamikaze into you before you can get off the screen in that level. Just shoot down the 6 or 8 of them there are, and then go ahead with the attach trick. Also, the Laser boss with the Meteors that everyone talks about. Those laser blasts are the only thing that can reach / destroy you when you're off the screen. So, when you fight this boss, you will need to move the pilot ship close to the boss and out of range of its laser. Other than those two things you can play right through.

This method should totally be added to the achievement guide. Anybody know how to edit it?
SakuraSylph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 02:38 PM   #70
Falk3r

Falk3r's Gamercard
Two questions...

1) Does the achievement pop right when I get 185k in-game? If I die, do I still get it or do I need to successfully complete the entire game after breaking 185k?

2) How long does it take to sit at boss #4 and destroy his meteors to go from 100k to 185k?
Falk3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 02:39 PM   #71
TheGameK1ng

Send a message via MSN to TheGameK1ng

NwE MenTaLiStx's Gamercard
I can't get ANY achievements on this game.... I find it quite hard. only played it like twice though.

R6V2 1000/1000, Halo 3 1750/1750, Ninja Gaiden 2 1250/1250, Call of Duty 4 1000/1000, Guitar Hero 2 1000/1000, Oblivion 1250/1250, Gears of War 1250/1250, Avatar: TLA: TBE 1000/1000, Assassins Creed 1000/1000, Viva Pinata 1000/1000, Call of Duty 2 1000/1000, Ashes Cricket 2009 1000/1000, Army of Two 1000/1000, Conan 1000/1000

Arcade Games Completed:2

Dash of Destruction 200/200, Puzzle Quest 250/250

Total Games: 109
TheGameK1ng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 06:33 AM   #72
Starstrukk X360A

Nerdcrest's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Bronze   Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Quote:
I figured out the glitch, and a way to get 185k if you suck at the game.

Just plug in a second controller, start the game on insane and bring both ships to the bottom of the screen. Have one ship (1) attach to the second ship (2). Ship 1 will be under the black bar. Then, on ship 2, press X twice. This will make it so ship 1 detaches off of 2 and 2 attaches under 1. Keep doing this until they are both pretty far down from the screen. Then make which every ship you want to get 185k attach to the other ship and use the left stick to shoot. The pilot ship can only move left and right though.

Sorry, its a bit confusing but if you try it you will understand.

Just trying to help lol Iam new
I'm definitely going to try this.

Follow me on the internet:

Starstrukk X360A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 10:32 PM   #73
Zurbum

Zurbum's Gamercard
Just got this awesome game. Will try mentioned tricks. Thanks!
Old 12-04-2009, 03:15 AM   #74
ThaPauly

ChaozXero's Gamercard
Quote:

Just plug in a second controller, start the game on insane and bring both ships to the bottom of the screen. Have one ship (1) attach to the second ship (2). Ship 1 will be under the black bar. Then, on ship 2, press X twice. This will make it so ship 1 detaches off of 2 and 2 attaches under 1. Keep doing this until they are both pretty far down from the screen. Then make which every ship you want to get 185k attach to the other ship and use the left stick to shoot. The pilot ship can only move left and right though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SakuraSylph View Post
Brilliant, just brilliant! This developer oversight makes getting ACE, and many of the other achievements for that matter, dead easy. Essentially your ships end up off the bottom of the screen and can't get hit by bullet fire. But yet you can shoot at the enemies! You do this at the start of each level, and can play through the level untouched.

Doing this on Insane will net you easily enough points for ACE. You'd also pick up Legend, Veteran, Rookie, Untouchable, Invulnerable, and Teamwork along the way.

There are a few gotchas to playing the whole game through this way. The very first chunk of enemies at the start of Level 3 (the wave-patterned bugs that chase you) will kamikaze into you before you can get off the screen in that level. Just shoot down the 6 or 8 of them there are, and then go ahead with the attach trick. Also, the Laser boss with the Meteors that everyone talks about. Those laser blasts are the only thing that can reach / destroy you when you're off the screen. So, when you fight this boss, you will need to move the pilot ship close to the boss and out of range of its laser. Other than those two things you can play right through.

This method should totally be added to the achievement guide. Anybody know how to edit it?
HOLY CRAP THIS MAKES ACE SO EASY!!!

It can be a little tricky getting down low enough so the kamikaze ships don't hit you in the later levels, but once you're down there it works like a charm. This really needs to be stickied somewhere or something!!!
Condemned: Criminal Origins (970/970), Enchanted Arms, Viva Piñata, Samurai Warriors 2: Empires, Dead Rising, Assassin's Creed, Viva Piñata: Party Animals, Saw, Assassin's Creed 2, The Godfather (1250/1250), Scene It? Lights Camera Action, BioShock (1100/1100)
1OO% Completed Arcade
1 vs 100, Dash of Destruction, A Kingdom for Keflings
1000/200 (No DLC)
Magic: The Gathering - Duels of the Planeswalkers (plus DLC1)
ThaPauly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 08:52 AM   #75
jedi420j

jedi420j's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaPauly View Post
HOLY CRAP THIS MAKES ACE SO EASY!!!

It can be a little tricky getting down low enough so the kamikaze ships don't hit you in the later levels, but once you're down there it works like a charm. This really needs to be stickied somewhere or something!!!
I can't figure out how to do this.. I can get below the screen with both ships but I get killed instantly by the first row of red balls... not to mention I can't shoot anyone.??
jedi420j is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 07:23 AM   #76
banej

Lord BaneJ's Gamercard
Thanks for the tips!

I'm going to try the method tonight and clear the game once and for all.
banej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 10:03 AM   #77
tarekegypt

tarekegypt's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Submit - Bronze   Member of the Month   Bright Idea
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Quote:

This tip is worth its own thread! Easy Ace!
Old 02-15-2010, 06:52 AM   #78
III Steaith III

B3RM's Gamercard
Which difficulty Normal or Insane for the 185,000+ to obtain the achievement???
III Steaith III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 11:48 PM   #79
ThaPauly

ChaozXero's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by jedi420j View Post
I can't figure out how to do this.. I can get below the screen with both ships but I get killed instantly by the first row of red balls... not to mention I can't shoot anyone.??
Don't stop the second you're off the screen. Do it multiple times so you know you're down there deep. Then the red balls won't hit you. As for shooting, use the joystick for the ship that is attached. Instead of moving, you'll auto-fire in the direction you're pointing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by III Steaith III View Post
Which difficulty Normal or Insane for the 185,000+ to obtain the achievement???
Insane. Not only will it help you unlock Legend if you do not have it, but there will be more enemies. More enemies means more points.
Condemned: Criminal Origins (970/970), Enchanted Arms, Viva Piñata, Samurai Warriors 2: Empires, Dead Rising, Assassin's Creed, Viva Piñata: Party Animals, Saw, Assassin's Creed 2, The Godfather (1250/1250), Scene It? Lights Camera Action, BioShock (1100/1100)
1OO% Completed Arcade
1 vs 100, Dash of Destruction, A Kingdom for Keflings
1000/200 (No DLC)
Magic: The Gathering - Duels of the Planeswalkers (plus DLC1)
ThaPauly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 10:59 AM   #80
Cornholio

Afromuumi's Gamercard
How the hell can you get 185.000 on normal, I've tried 4 times now with nearly perfect runs and im allways getting around 179.000 :/
Cornholio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 01:56 PM   #81
GodLike499

GodLike499's Gamercard
Anyone want to join up and try to get this together? Send me a FR.
GodLike499 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 08:27 AM   #82
lightingold

Lightingold's Gamercard
this is a really hard achievement 4 trys :<
lightingold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 09:55 PM   #83
shadel20

shadel20's Gamercard
Had to attempt to beat the game on Normal 3 times before I finally did it. 1st try I finished with 183,000 (super pissed), 2nd time I couldn't even complete the game (still pissed from before), 3rd time finally with 192,000. Just gotta collect every power up and health and destroy those blackish rocks, I believe they give you some points as well.
shadel20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 01:34 PM   #84
Colby

iRush God's Gamercard
Thanks for the info
Colby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 05:23 AM   #85
Xwonate

Xwonate's Gamercard
To some it comes easy. To others it is luck. To the rest of us, it is definately an achievement.
Xwonate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 03:09 AM   #86
fabriciofoxx

Noaxis's Gamercard
The game was hard this...
fabriciofoxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 06:14 AM   #87
Pusherman

Pusherman's Gamercard
I just don't know what I am doing wrong. I have been working on this achievement for about 3 days straight now. I have tried everything: 2 controllers, do it on normal, etc. but can't figure it out. Not many videos on youtube about it.
Pusherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 11:10 PM   #88
da bear111

da bear111's Gamercard
Easiest way to do this achievment!!!

Ok so play thorough on normal by yourself. Took me about 3 tries to get, just be smart get max points and dont die. When you get to the boss with arms that shoots out rocks you need to stay here for about half an hour just getting points off powerups. Use the lazer beam powerup on the rocks right as he releases. This will ensure maximum points because the rocks are moving and hit your beam, you can hit 4-5 every time. It is super time consuming but play till you hit around 113,000 once there then you are free to complete the level, I got about 190,000 third try but you want that buffer so as to not get too close and miss the 185,000. Good luck!
-God bless
-Garrett
da bear111 is offline   Reply With Quote