PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > RPG > Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
Subscribe    Donate

Old 11-29-2011, 02:41 PM   #91
H0LLATIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluWolve View Post
I haven't actually done the civil war questline yet so I probably won't be much help. I am pretty sure no quest glitches were fixed with the new paatch, but before starting a new game I would try everything else possible first. Maybe go and do a different quest, come back and see if you can progress? Other things like that I guess. You said you already tried waiting and Fast travelling so those options are gone. Sorry like I said I haven't done this questline yet and I don't really want to go looking it up in the guide or elsewhere because I don't want to stumble into spoilers.
Thanks for the reply, I was afraid something like this was goin to happen with me at some point in this game. At least it happens with the Civil War, which worse case I can load a new game, escape & go straight to the Imperals/Stormcloaks.
Old 11-29-2011, 05:31 PM   #92
schism35

Schism35's Gamercard
Does anyone know if doing the Civil War questline limits quests/tasks because you take the side of either the Imperial or Stormcloaks? IE - if i finished the questline for the Imperial would I be allowed in Windhelm still to finish those quests?

Last edited by schism35; 11-29-2011 at 06:51 PM.
schism35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 07:54 PM   #93
bok249

bok249's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by schism35 View Post
Does anyone know if doing the Civil War questline limits quests/tasks because you take the side of either the Imperial or Stormcloaks? IE - if i finished the questline for the Imperial would I be allowed in Windhelm still to finish those quests?

Yes, whichever side your on, a new Jarl will take charge of the city after you finish the quest line, and they now love you cause your the one that made it possible for him/her to be promoted. However, a lot of people have complained of glitches where certain quests couldnt be completed cause the quest giver was one of the people who died in the raid. This isnt actually a real glitch(though i suppose it could be in a few minor cases), those people just havent waited long enough for Radiant to assign a new quest giver for you to return to.
bok249 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 09:47 PM   #94
schism35

Schism35's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by bok249 View Post
Yes, whichever side your on, a new Jarl will take charge of the city after you finish the quest line, and they now love you cause your the one that made it possible for him/her to be promoted. However, a lot of people have complained of glitches where certain quests couldnt be completed cause the quest giver was one of the people who died in the raid. This isnt actually a real glitch(though i suppose it could be in a few minor cases), those people just havent waited long enough for Radiant to assign a new quest giver for you to return to.

Awesome thanks! That's sort of what I assumed but wasn't 100% sure. I'll definitely save it for last though.
Old 12-04-2011, 01:49 AM   #95
dragonpwnr99

DragonPwnr99's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Bronze   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
I have a question about Main quest, spoiler, please no spoilers beyond what I am asking

Spoiler! (click here to reveal)
Achievements-86% Points-84%
70,000 on 3-8-14
dragonpwnr99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 01:54 AM   #96
Ryser7

ryser7's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasjr12 View Post
Is there something special you have to do in Markarth to get the house? I've talked to the Jarl who says to talk to his Steward who wont talk to me. Anyone else having this issue?
You might have to complete "the forsworn conspiracy" first, just read the note Eltys gave to you and you should get the quest if not before that. After you complete that you should be able to do the quests for the jarl.
Ryser7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 03:48 PM   #97
gearsaddicted4life

correctprocdure's Gamercard
In my quest information screen the option to become a full member of the thieves guild remains unfinished for the "no stone unturned" quest. Thing is i've already fully completed the thieves guild missions, achievements etc. I have found 6 stones of barenziah aswell which were removed from my inventory when i completed "no one escapes cidhna mine" quest. Do i just need to finish collecting the stones to fully complete this?
gearsaddicted4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 05:12 PM   #98
TombRaiser

TombRaiser's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryser7 View Post
You might have to complete "the forsworn conspiracy" first, just read the note Eltys gave to you and you should get the quest if not before that. After you complete that you should be able to do the quests for the jarl.
I bought the house in Markarth without doing the Forsworn Conspiracy.

You have to do a quest for the Jarl. I forget what the quest name is, but you have to retrieve a shield for him.

EDIT: The quest is called Dungeon Delving, and is given to you by the Jarl's Steward, Igmund.

Last edited by TombRaiser; 12-04-2011 at 05:16 PM.
TombRaiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 09:54 PM   #99
EXM9000

EXM9000's Gamercard
I didn't think I should start a new thread for this, so I'll drop this here:

Game Banshee has posted an awesome map of Skyrim with a really nice alphabetical list of all discover-able locations. Check it out.

http://www.gamebanshee.com/skyrim/mapofskyrim.php
Old 12-08-2011, 04:23 AM   #100
DEG23
Wanderlusting

DEG23 x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - DEG23   Donator - Level 5   CABS Beta Tester   Staff - Moderator   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Staff Club - Rajeanero   GRID 2 Award   Staff Club - Grifter Reborn   Staff Club - TemporalWizard   Staff Club - Minty   Staff Club - Nozza x360a   Staff Club - Shinobi273
Total Awards: 23 (more» ...)
Quote:
Conjuration: Conjuration Spells allow you to raise the dead, summon creatures from Oblivion, Draw powerful bound weapons from thin air and trap the souls of your defeated foes. Your Conjuration skill increases when you cast a Conjuration spell and use it effectively, such as sending your summoned creature into battle, doing damage with a bound weapon, or successfully trapping a soul.
Just wanted to let you know so you can update.

The conjuration skill only increases when you first cast a bound weapon spell, if you continue to use the bound weapon it then falls under the weapon category, eg casting a bound sword in combat will raise you conjuration skill, then using the sword on enemies will raise your one-handed skill.

Also soul trap only needs to sucessfully hit the enemy to raise the skill, you don't need to sucessfully trap the soul by killing them.
Quote:
Illusion: Illusion Magic manipulates the minds of those around you, sending them into a Frenzy or compelling them to Flee in terror. Illusion also offers a number of useful spells for a stealthy character, such as Invisibility and Muffle. Your Illusion skill increases when you cast a useful Illusion spell on a valid target. For example you don't get credit for casting Fear on a character that's immune to the spell, or Invisibility when noone is around to see you.
Friendly NPC's eg towns folk still count, allowing you to raise your skill by constantly casting Muffle or Invisibility while in a town or residence.
DEG23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 08:02 AM   #101
Shlinc

Send a message via AIM to Shlinc Send a message via MSN to Shlinc Send a message via Yahoo to Shlinc Send a message via Skype™ to Shlinc

Shlinc's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonpwnr99 View Post
I have a question about Main quest, spoiler, please no spoilers beyond what I am asking

Spoiler! (click here to reveal)
According to the Dragon Language listing in the game guide Krosis means Sorrow.
Shlinc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 10:23 PM   #102
BluWolve

BluWolve's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 5   Subscriber - Platinum   Submit - Silver   A+ Thread Award   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DEG23 View Post
Just wanted to let you know so you can update.

The conjuration skill only increases when you first cast a bound weapon spell, if you continue to use the bound weapon it then falls under the weapon category, eg casting a bound sword in combat will raise you conjuration skill, then using the sword on enemies will raise your one-handed skill.

Also soul trap only needs to sucessfully hit the enemy to raise the skill, you don't need to sucessfully trap the soul by killing them.

Friendly NPC's eg towns folk still count, allowing you to raise your skill by constantly casting Muffle or Invisibility while in a town or residence.

Just added it thanks, I knew the Guide wouldn't be 100% correct with everything, but I thought simple things like that should have been right. I haven't played as a mage yet so I hadn't really bothered to confirm myself.

Question: Has anyone found a use for the "Philter of the Phantom" potion?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ty-Rex View Post
I am trained in gorilla warfare

Last edited by BluWolve; 12-09-2011 at 10:28 PM.
BluWolve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 04:11 AM   #103
BBDrew84

BBDrew's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Quote:
Question: Has anyone found a use for the "Philter of the Phantom" potion?
To scare the town folk into thinking you are a ghost!

It is not a 100% reliable source but here is a link to The Elder Scrolls wiki: http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Wyndelius_Gatherian
BBDrew84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 11:21 AM   #104
BluWolve

BluWolve's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 5   Subscriber - Platinum   Submit - Silver   A+ Thread Award   1,000 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBDrew84 View Post
To scare the town folk into thinking you are a ghost!

It is not a 100% reliable source but here is a link to The Elder Scrolls wiki: http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Wyndelius_Gatherian
Yeah cheers, I have done that quest but didn't know if I could use the potions for anything else but a laugh. I actually haven't tried using them in town before talking to someone but I accidently used one in a battle against 4 Dremora and they didn't seem to care that I looked all spectral and spooky.

Quote:

Last edited by BluWolve; 12-15-2011 at 05:20 AM.
Old 12-10-2011, 11:48 AM   #105
ViperousPaps

ViperousPaps's Gamercard
After seeing what Skyrim is like and watching a mate play it. I do believe it is an Epic Game, I have a real urge to buy it but I wanted some advice.

Is it worth getting if I hadn't played Oblivion?
My mate says that if I want to get a bit more in depth with the story and lore then I should get oblivion 1st...

Would love some outside/inside peoples opinions!
ViperousPaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 10:55 PM   #106
DEG23
Wanderlusting

DEG23 x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - DEG23   Donator - Level 5   CABS Beta Tester   Staff - Moderator   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Staff Club - Rajeanero   GRID 2 Award   Staff Club - Grifter Reborn   Staff Club - TemporalWizard   Staff Club - Minty   Staff Club - Nozza x360a   Staff Club - Shinobi273
Total Awards: 23 (more» ...)
Quote:
Just added it thanks, I knew the Guide wouldn't be 100% correct with everything, but I thought simple things like that should have been right. I haven't played as a mage yet so I hadn't really bothered to confirm myself.
No worries, yeah so far i've only dabbled in basic spells but having 80+ in most thief/warrior skills, figured it was time to grind out the mage.

Have to admit, i'm not liking the 'valid target' restriction for spells, i miss the days of casting the alteration spell over and over on doors.
DEG23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 06:17 PM   #107
slyweasel2

slyweasel1's Gamercard
Lydia sucks. I did the Thieves Guild quest with the bees and she got stuck fighting 2 guys so I left her.
I went back after turning in the quest and cleaned out the remaining mercenaries.
No Lydia to be found. No body, no stuff. How do I find her or has she vanished?
Old 12-15-2011, 04:40 AM   #108
SynysterChris

Send a message via MSN to SynysterChris

SynysterChris's Gamercard

Does anyone know if you can use stolen goods to forge with? Like Ingots that were stolen, I think you can't but im not entirely sure? If anyone can confirm if you can or not that would be helpful.
SynysterChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 05:18 AM   #109
BluWolve

BluWolve's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by SynysterChris View Post
Does anyone know if you can use stolen goods to forge with? Like Ingots that were stolen, I think you can't but im not entirely sure? If anyone can confirm if you can or not that would be helpful.
Yes you can mate, same goes for alchemy ingredients, disenchanting equiptment and soul gems.

Quote:
Old 12-15-2011, 05:46 AM   #110
SynysterChris

Send a message via MSN to SynysterChris

SynysterChris's Gamercard

Quote:
Yes you can mate, same goes for alchemy ingredients, disenchanting equiptment and soul gems.

Ok because I was using the forge to make stuff and it said I didn't have the stuff but when I backed out of the forge and checked it was there it just said stolen. So maybe i was just missing something, thanks.
SynysterChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 02:47 PM   #111
Matt36

MP Nemo36's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Promoter   2,500 Posts
How are people getting Dragons to land and attack? I seem to chase some and they fly off =/
Old 12-15-2011, 11:53 PM   #112
jamie1000013

D Mob x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Genre Competition - Second Place   2,500 Posts   x360a Representer   Completion Competition Winner   Word of Mouth   Achievement Guide - Silver   Road Map - Gold   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 9 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ViperousPaps View Post
After seeing what Skyrim is like and watching a mate play it. I do believe it is an Epic Game, I have a real urge to buy it but I wanted some advice.

Is it worth getting if I hadn't played Oblivion?
My mate says that if I want to get a bit more in depth with the story and lore then I should get oblivion 1st...

Would love some outside/inside peoples opinions!
Nah it's a Bethesda game :-P

Question: Where's the best place to sell loot?

I have tried so many shops but they have fuck all money like 750 or 1000. I must have 30K's worth of goods that I can't sell.

Is there a set number of dragons?

Thank you Audacious for the sig
jamie1000013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 12:44 AM   #113
amywelshcastle

amywelshcastle's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamie1000013 View Post
Nah it's a Bethesda game :-P

Question: Where's the best place to sell loot?

I have tried so many shops but they have fuck all money like 750 or 1000. I must have 30K's worth of goods that I can't sell.

Is there a set number of dragons?
Best place to sell imo is The Thieves Guild, they buy anything, and once you've finished the quest line you can sell up to 4k at a time.

And dragons respawn, so no limit.

amywelshcastle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 10:15 AM   #114
Matt36

MP Nemo36's Gamercard

Increasing your speech so you can invest in stores helps to
Old 12-16-2011, 10:10 PM   #115
Matt36

MP Nemo36's Gamercard

I have this one Elder Dragon that wont land, fuck off or be effected by anything whilst in Riverwood. Its killed a villager and really annoyed me any hints?

EDIT: Sorry, I eventually killed it by running away and it landing. IT landed with basic CGI though, odd.

Last edited by Matt36; 12-16-2011 at 10:19 PM.
Matt36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 10:22 PM   #116
amywelshcastle

^ Have you done the main quest yet? Just use Dragonrend when they won't land, should do the trick.

Old 12-16-2011, 10:23 PM   #117
Matt36

MP Nemo36's Gamercard

Not yet, leaving the main quest till last I think. I'm only as far as the Greybeards. I swear I would have punched this dragon to death myself if I could!
Old 12-16-2011, 10:30 PM   #118
amywelshcastle

Ah okay. Well if it happens a lot it might be worth doing some more of the quests until you get to the Dragonrend bit, save you some stress. It's about half way through the story.

Old 12-16-2011, 10:32 PM   #119
Matt36

MP Nemo36's Gamercard

I might just do the story, ya'know? To get it out of the way. I can do all the same things AFTER the story, can't I?
Old 12-16-2011, 10:34 PM   #120
amywelshcastle

Yeap! Can do things in any order you want.