PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > RPG > Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
Subscribe    Donate

Old 12-09-2011, 05:57 AM   #241
Puppys
Dawn of the Final Day

Send a message via Skype™ to Puppys

x1001x Puppys's Gamercard

Awards Showcase RPG!!! Challenge Club - Tier 2   Staff Club - KillerBEA   5,000 Posts   Staff Club - DEG23   Subscriber - Bronze   Arcade Crazy - Silver   Off to the Races Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - rekikire   Donator - Level 2   GRID 2 Award   Staff Club - troy0891   Community Gaming - Silver
Total Awards: 39 (more» ...)
(Falmer Helmet and Circlet Glitch) Well it certainly isn't intended for the game, but I thought if this is a guide the the best weapons and armor, you should add it... it might be hard to come by early on in the game, but assuming a player will be doing a ton of stuff in this game further down the line from this initial boost of sorts, he/she will eventually get that far and upgrade to better armor/weapons in the process.

Feel free to check out my Extra Life 2014 page [HERE], all proceeds go to Children's Hospitals!
Puppys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 10:37 PM   #242
deiXide

deiXide's Gamercard
I'd like to mention that Giant's Toes are definitely a glitched item, as they should not provide nearly as much XP and gold-per-potion as they do. I was at 95 alchemy last night, and went out and killed 15 giants. Since I had well over 100 Wheat, I just combined Giant's Toes and Wheat and made 15 potions (technically more since I had the alchemist blessing that potentially doubles your output at random). Those 15 toes alone were enough to level me through the last 5 levels.

Based on the chart found below, Luna Moth Wings are technically the most prized ingredient, as they are used in at least 50 of the highest value potions. That said, Giant's Toes are much more common and simply dwarf the XP output produced by Luna Moth Wing pots.

http://keke.itarium.ch/uploads/alch_values.txt

The guy in this article appears to concur with me in saying that Giant's Toes are glitched:

http://www.reddit.com/r/skyrim/comme...hemy_computed/
deiXide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 10:38 PM   #243
exostar

exostar's Gamercard
Thanks for the guide Method... super useful. I followed it pretty much to the T. One thing I'd like to point out that was confusing/frustrating for me at first were that some of the alchemy ingredients you listed aren't available to buy from Arcadia until you have the Merchant perk in the Speech tree. They are:

Bear claws
Eye of Sabre Cat
Large Antlers

Also, I would recommend the user holding out for the banish enchantment instead of paralyze or absorb health simply due to the more money involved in selling the daggers (~2000g vs ~500g) If the user can make it through the alchemy stage, I think they can wait for a banish to pop up. Might want to add also that the description of banish is: "Summoned Daedra up to level x are sent back to Oblivion." As a new player to the game, I wasn't sure if this was banish or not.

Thanks again man...

EDIT: Arcadia will sell almost every ingredient in the game, including pearls, large/small antlers, and saber cat tooth, but only after the Merchant perk is invested in.

Last edited by exostar; 12-09-2011 at 11:19 PM.
exostar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 11:25 PM   #244
PANIC ATTACK 10

PANIC ATTACK 10's Gamercard
Smile

no offence, but i dont get why people want to cheapen the gaming experience.

nothing against you method, but i wont be using this.

i like wandering around & figuring out stuff myself.

RPGs were made to take ALOT of TIME. i find them the most rewarding style of game out there.

plus theres nothing like the feeling you get when you do this stuff yourself. the whole sense of " WOW that was friggin awesome"! is lost on curent gamers today.

but i just might be showing my age now lol. i like doing it myself & going WOW!

been playing for 40+ yrs. never have i seen people so eager to beat games fast than this gen of gamers.

well have a great weekend! spent 429 hrs on oblivion. wonder how much of my life this will suck out lmao. cheers!
PANIC ATTACK 10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 07:49 AM   #245
Ty-Rex
video games

Tylord824's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 3   CABS Beta Tester   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 2   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - * Clueless *   Subscriber - Bronze   Micro Guide - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 10 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PANIC ATTACK 10 View Post
plus theres nothing like the feeling you get when you do this stuff yourself. the whole sense of " WOW that was friggin awesome"! is lost on curent gamers today.

but i just might be showing my age now lol. i like doing it myself & going WOW!

been playing for 40+ yrs. never have i seen people so eager to beat games fast than this gen of gamers.
This part here shows how hard you are missing the point. It takes hours to do this and you could literally get the same effect by dropping down your difficulty to novice. I doubt many, if any, people are going through all this hassle just to make the game easier when it's already pretty easy. But keep on riding that high horse, broseph!

Sidenote: I just now learned today that you can rename items when you enchant them. I have now regressed to being five years old and am now wearing a full set of Poop Armor.
Ty-Rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 11:04 AM   #246
Adamsy

ok so started making my crafting set only to hit a really big snag. I have the extra effect perk for enchanting, yet my gloves, ring and necklaces with 29% to alchemy will not show up during enchanting so i can't add the 2nd effect which is smithing to them.

Everyone got any ideas why.
Adamsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 11:32 AM   #247
oooo yeah

oooo yeah's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adamsy View Post
ok so started making my crafting set only to hit a really big snag. I have the extra effect perk for enchanting, yet my gloves, ring and necklaces with 29% to alchemy will not show up during enchanting so i can't add the 2nd effect which is smithing to them.

Everyone got any ideas why.
You can only add the second enchant at the same time you add the first. You have to make some new gear and then add the 2 enchants at once.
oooo yeah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 11:43 AM   #248
Adamsy

Quote:
Originally Posted by oooo yeah View Post
You can only add the second enchant at the same time you add the first. You have to make some new gear and then add the 2 enchants at once.
ah bummer didn't know that. good job i got plenty cash to buy new gear lol.
thanks for the info.

*EDIT - ok so got my crafting armour done and have a quick question cos the stats to me are a little wierd.

So i made a Glass Sword normal damage is 23. Drank 130% smithy potion upgraded to legendary damage is now 112. However just for test i made a Glass Greatsword normal damage is 23 same as glass sword, now using the potion again you would have thought the legendary damage would be 112, but its not it comes out at 74 for some odd reason lol.

Last edited by Adamsy; 12-10-2011 at 02:22 PM. Reason: Another question added
Old 12-10-2011, 01:21 PM   #249
xOhNoes11

I OhNoes I's Gamercard
I messed up with the Perks agh I'm so sad at level 65 now T.T
Old 12-10-2011, 09:03 PM   #250
Nitnoid

haZZmaTTaZZ's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PANIC ATTACK 10 View Post
no offence, but i dont get why people want to cheapen the gaming experience.

nothing against you method, but i wont be using this.

i like wandering around & figuring out stuff myself.
I would have to agree with you, however, I am using this guide as a tool in my daily adventures. I am on the lookout for the specific ingredients and collect as many as I can, even when purchasing. I grab my own souls instead of buying collected ones. Takes longer my way but Method really set the groundwork for me. Thanks dude!
Nitnoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 09:30 PM   #251
snipeshow88

K1LL3Rx88's Gamercard
well, it's definitely pretty in-depth
snipeshow88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 11:00 PM   #252
Method

Method x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Bronze   x360a Representer   Road Map - Emerald   PAX Meet 2010   Achievement Guide - Bronze   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Submit - Gold   1,000 Posts   Member of the Month   A+ Thread Award   Bright Idea   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 13 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by exostar View Post
Thanks for the guide Method... super useful. I followed it pretty much to the T. One thing I'd like to point out that was confusing/frustrating for me at first were that some of the alchemy ingredients you listed aren't available to buy from Arcadia until you have the Merchant perk in the Speech tree. They are:

Bear claws
Eye of Sabre Cat
Large Antlers

Also, I would recommend the user holding out for the banish enchantment instead of paralyze or absorb health simply due to the more money involved in selling the daggers (~2000g vs ~500g) If the user can make it through the alchemy stage, I think they can wait for a banish to pop up. Might want to add also that the description of banish is: "Summoned Daedra up to level x are sent back to Oblivion." As a new player to the game, I wasn't sure if this was banish or not.

Thanks again man...

EDIT: Arcadia will sell almost every ingredient in the game, including pearls, large/small antlers, and saber cat tooth, but only after the Merchant perk is invested in.
I'll add this into the guide as it seems to be confusing people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adamsy View Post
ah bummer didn't know that. good job i got plenty cash to buy new gear lol.
thanks for the info.

*EDIT - ok so got my crafting armour done and have a quick question cos the stats to me are a little wierd.

So i made a Glass Sword normal damage is 23. Drank 130% smithy potion upgraded to legendary damage is now 112. However just for test i made a Glass Greatsword normal damage is 23 same as glass sword, now using the potion again you would have thought the legendary damage would be 112, but its not it comes out at 74 for some odd reason lol.
Probably has something to do with the fact that your one handed skill is higher than your two handed skill (way more so depending on perks).

Method is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 11:04 PM   #253
Stewie Griffin2

Stew1e Griffin2's Gamercard

Just a thought regarding the rings and necklaces. It's not really necessary to travel to Riften. Just buy 6-10 gold ingots during your process of gathering supplies to increase smithing and make rings and necklaces at the forge. You get 2 rings from 1 gold ingot and 1 necklace per ingot. Just a timesaver and will help to build up smithing a little.

Aside from that, nice work!
Stewie Griffin2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 09:26 AM   #254
Adamsy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stewie Griffin2 View Post
Just a thought regarding the rings and necklaces. It's not really necessary to travel to Riften. Just buy 6-10 gold ingots during your process of gathering supplies to increase smithing and make rings and necklaces at the forge. You get 2 rings from 1 gold ingot and 1 necklace per ingot. Just a timesaver and will help to build up smithing a little.

Aside from that, nice work!
you don't even need to do that. You can buy em from a crappy store market stall outside arcadias store.
Old 12-11-2011, 01:18 PM   #255
Big AsherZ

Big AsherZ's Gamercard
theres a dungeon just outside whiterun with a transmute spell tome in. dungeon has around 10 bandits in. i went there, lvl'd up one handed and restoration (i was lvl 6) and took the tome allowing me to turn iron ore into silver then gold.

this could be an option for those who want alittle combat to break the monotony of enchanting and smithing.

() () skyrim
(o.0) that is all
(>.<)
Big AsherZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 03:06 PM   #256
WrathsFury

WrathsFury's Gamercard
Whats the point of playing if youre just gonna cheat like this and make the "god" armor?
WrathsFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 05:01 PM   #257
Adamsy

Quote:
Originally Posted by WrathsFury View Post
Whats the point of playing if youre just gonna cheat like this and make the "god" armor?
And people who use Skyrim save game editors aren't cheating then i take it.

Bit of a foolish post there m8, as these armours are there to made within the game, if the developers didn't want you to make em you wouldn't be able to. So there we ain't cheating, were just making the game way easier lol.
Old 12-11-2011, 09:34 PM   #258
M V P BOANERPRO

M V P ACHILLES's Gamercard
awesome guide i can't wait till i start playing this game...damn gears is almost over.
M V P BOANERPRO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 09:45 PM   #259
APX

Send a message via AIM to APX

SnA Lord APX's Gamercard

I'm a total noob at enchanting/magic (I'm a hardcore FPS guy, so I just run in like a noob and swing my mace/sword at this game) I did that little level glitch (Yeah sorry) so my enchant and alchemy is at 100, I added the perks you asked, but do I have to do everything in the guide, or can I start at somewhere and just get the stuff to have the ultimate armor?

SnA - Shock n Awe.
Game Battles: 52-0 overall on BC2, Undefeated.
Taking over Battlefield on Consoles since Modern Combat.

Best knife user in the Battlefield Series, just try it.
APX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 09:50 PM   #260
dark wing

sabre wing2's Gamercard
Thanks for guide Method really helpful if I could i'd hug you or buy you a drink.

Something I found out which should be helpful not sure if it's already been posted but anyway. Instead of waiting to restock to vendor inventory you can save the game, kill which ever vendor want to restock then load that file (remember not to save over that file after killing them) and they should restock.

Seems more of a glitch than anything but it's worth knowing.
dark wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 10:17 PM   #261
Method

Method x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Bronze   x360a Representer   Road Map - Emerald   PAX Meet 2010   Achievement Guide - Bronze   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Submit - Gold   1,000 Posts   Member of the Month   A+ Thread Award   Bright Idea   Word of Mouth
Quote:
Originally Posted by APX View Post
I'm a total noob at enchanting/magic (I'm a hardcore FPS guy, so I just run in like a noob and swing my mace/sword at this game) I did that little level glitch (Yeah sorry) so my enchant and alchemy is at 100, I added the perks you asked, but do I have to do everything in the guide, or can I start at somewhere and just get the stuff to have the ultimate armor?
You don't need to have everything I did in the guide. You will however need a decent alchemy skill with perks to make it work. With 37 alchemy, four +12% pieces of equipment and +65% from perks, the percentage increase was only one per restoration potion made. I'd say 75 alchemy and 4/5 into first perk with Benefactor would work well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubix33 View Post
Nice but I am still wondering should I add perks to my Enchating skills and Smithing skills even though I am a warrior?
In order to achieve the best results you need to do everything written in the guide. Anything less will result in lower quality weapons and armor.

EDIT: Deleted the last few posts. Please take your philosophical argument somewhere else. Thanks!

Last edited by Method; 12-14-2011 at 02:08 PM.
Old 12-14-2011, 10:21 PM   #262
Darkwormer

darkwormer's Gamercard
Followed guide for the super god items, worked like a champ. "Problem" I am now having is that enemies in game seem to have uber weapons as well (was going to dump uber items and use normally crafted items once patch 1.3 goes out). Now I am afraid that even after dumping my overpowered items, I will still be going against Falmers with bows that do 630k damage... anyone else notice this?
Darkwormer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 12:04 AM   #263
Kryptonian Red

Kryptonian Red's Gamercard
Nice........I'm gonna try it
Kryptonian Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 01:13 AM   #264
Covo1994

TBR I Covo's Gamercard
Thank you!
Covo1994 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 11:22 AM   #265
Matt36

MP Nemo36's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Promoter   2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Great guide.

Quick Q, can I enchant or make my Dragon Armour better?

That's a lot of reading and hurting my eyes on my phone
Old 12-15-2011, 02:05 PM   #266
Method

Method x360a's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkwormer View Post
Followed guide for the super god items, worked like a champ. "Problem" I am now having is that enemies in game seem to have uber weapons as well (was going to dump uber items and use normally crafted items once patch 1.3 goes out). Now I am afraid that even after dumping my overpowered items, I will still be going against Falmers with bows that do 630k damage... anyone else notice this?
So the enemies are scaling with you? That doesn't sound right to me. I haven't heard of this happening to anyone, sorry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt36 View Post
Great guide.

Quick Q, can I enchant or make my Dragon Armour better?

That's a lot of reading and hurting my eyes on my phone
So long as your dragon armor doesn't have any enchantments on it you can upgrade it with smithing and enchanting all you want.

Old 12-15-2011, 02:09 PM   #267
dark wing

sabre wing2's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Method View Post
So the enemies are scaling with you? That doesn't sound right to me. I haven't heard of this happening to anyone, sorry.
Don't the enemies scale to your level in caves depending on what level you first enter them?
dark wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 02:17 PM   #268
Method

Method x360a's Gamercard

In a rough sense yes, but this shouldn't mean that enemies get gear that is overpowered. By that I mean that a higher level bandit may wield a glass sword but not a normal glass sword, not one that does an inordinate amount of damage.

Although I sold it all off because it was making the game less fun, when I was using my god armor and weapons, I never had any issues with enemies one shotting me. In fact it was the other way around.

Old 12-15-2011, 02:39 PM   #269
Matt36

MP Nemo36's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Promoter   2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
My dragon armour is fresh and untouched! Can't wait to have fun with this
Old 12-16-2011, 08:41 AM   #270
RED DEAD LE6END

RED DEAD LE6END's Gamercard
ok am stuck at looking for the enchanted weapons he says look for in war maidens and drunken huntsman can someone be more specific and say what the actual proper names of these enchanted weapons are as all the weapons have all kind of enchantments but none specifically say what he mentioned in stage 3

edit : 40mns later found a paralyze just need absorb health and banish now

edit : ok found absorb health just need banish now

1 hr 30mns or so after finding paralyze still have not found banish after reading every post found name of banish is actually something about send to oblivion giving up for now will resume searches when i have the real life well rested effect lol if anyone knows of any other descriptions for the banish one please help i need to be skygod asap

Last edited by RED DEAD LE6END; 12-16-2011 at 10:48 AM. Reason: update
RED DEAD LE6END is offline   Reply With Quote