PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Star Wars: The Force Unleashed
Subscribe    Donate

Old 10-05-2008, 04:12 PM   #1
snake42069

snake42069's Gamercard
Trouble With Sith Master Kazdan Paratus?

Well, i been looking at all the topics for information on defeating Kazdan Paratus on the Sith Master Difficulty. I have found the best way to defeat him. First your going to need the Firkrann crystal, which is on the same level just before the boss. I hear that changing crystals gives the default text glitch but it doesnt. That glitch is totally random and usually encountered on the later levels. But im using the memory card trick, where after every level you go back to the dash and copy your save to a memory card, so you have a backup. Now on to the strategy!

Change the power crystal to Firkrann, then enter the boss battle.

What you want to do is, press the shock button to give him a tiny jolt. He should be stunned now. Now pick him up with force grip a little bit before the stun wears off. Now, once he is in the air, shock him again, then try and guide him towards one of the explosive canisters orbiting the arena. If you cant, just toss him out. If you can, try and hit him with it on his way out. If he hits something on his flight to death ville, it gives a crush bonus, a lightning grenade bonus, and minor damage.

Now, while your force energy is recharging, you should faintly see him climbing the spire in the background. When he jumps back into the arena, hell send out a shockwave that doesnt go very far, but im in the back of the arena (close to the camera) so i dont get hit. Wait for the shockwave to disappear, and just before he starts moving around again, shock him, then grip him, then shock him and then toss him.

Repeat this process till he spawns the titan. This is where the firkrann crystal comes in. As soon as you are able to target the titan which should be immediately, it has a extremely slow spawning process. Jump up in the air, and swing your lightsaber as fast as you can. Once he is fully spawned, keep doing this, and if he gets stunned, swing slower like your trying to do the sith saber flurry. If the stun stops, speed up again. Reason is, you dont want to waste a stun chance on him if he is already stunned, which is why you have to slow down enough to give time for it to run out, while still doing damage.

Eventually the titan will die, giving you about 3/4ths of your health back. Thats awesome. Kazdan will start throwing junk at you, so get back towards the camera, and when you see him throw something run to the left or right and dash to get out of the way. Sometimes its hard to get out of the way of the explosive containers he throws, but i have done it.

Eventually hell stop and join you back on the dance floor. Continue with the shock, grip, shock, throw strategy, and he might spawn anothing titan, i cant remember. Eventually, this whole thing will be over, and youll be happy that you finally got through this level.

My force talent setup was:

1 point in fortitude
3 in vitality
1 in resilience

1 in push
3 in lightning
1 in grip

This is probably the smartest setup up until this point, just go with what is cheapest on the force talent page, and you should be fine. If you still cant beat paratus, then jump back to the tie factory and level up a few times against those storm troopers and rebels that shouldnt stand a chance against you. Put some more points in vitality and resilience and you should be fine.
snake42069 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 04:13 PM   #2
SuperNova X2X

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Thanks. This will come in very useful when I decide to start my Sith Master playthrough this week.
SuperNova X2X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 10:21 PM   #3
A Satyr

A Hades Satyr's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
I just kept shocking and pushing him when he came back in the room it was like a glitch he never countered it when he landed, the titans never even had a chance to touch me...
A Satyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 11:54 PM   #4
Scurvy Curr

Scurvy Curr's Gamercard
THIS guy is a serious pain in the arse!!! I think his red force push is wayyyyyy overpowered...I had one take about 3/4 of my life...i wanted to cry. The lighting trick on the titan works like a charm! Now I just need to finish this stupid, stupid boss...

Scurvy Curr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 01:46 AM   #5
Jedi ObiJoe

Jedi Obijoe's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   Word of Mouth   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Nice strategy! I finished the game tonight and just saw this thread. This guy is hard - no question. The hints in this thread and a few of the others are great. The only thing I did different was to force lightning the titan. Used the full force bar and kept moving until it recharged. It worked great.

Hit 100,000 GS on 12/22/2011 with Mile High Club - thanks to all the boosters and this great site.

Looking to Boost: Bioshock 2, Ghostbusters, Quantum of Solace, GTA IV Multiplayer, Halo Reach DLC

Message me on XBox Live if you need an extra player for any of those.
Jedi ObiJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 02:55 AM   #6
Inferno7000

Inferno7000's Gamercard
Nice guide I just used lightning the majority of the time took ages I wish I had this guide when I was working on this.
Inferno7000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 07:10 PM   #7
snake42069

snake42069's Gamercard
Well this was actually the hardest boss for me so far. I actually had more trouble during the sarlacc pit where you have to charge the generators. It never saves the whole time and i kept dying. So all in all, the kazdan fight seems so much easier now. I actually went back and tryed again, and it was easy as pie!
snake42069 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 01:38 AM   #8
happy42gilmore

yeh this guy was a pain.. i gave him a tiny shock, force pushed him while he was "stunned" then i ran up and stabbed him while he was on the ground
happy42gilmore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 03:09 AM   #9
SynysterMonkey

Send a message via ICQ to SynysterMonkey Send a message via AIM to SynysterMonkey Send a message via MSN to SynysterMonkey Send a message via Yahoo to SynysterMonkey

Lady Gaga x Syn's Gamercard

I used lightning on the Titan's primarily. When he launched the stuff at you, I just jumped and dashed around the circumference of the circle/stage. This also worked well for me to dodge the Titan's attacks. Then use all my lightning, dodge some more and repeat. I finished the fight with 3/4 of my health. Hope that helps.

Race To 50,000

vs.

SynysterMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 03:51 PM   #10
DanTheManGum

danthemangum's Gamercard
I'm still really surprised that people find this game hard but I guess to each their own. Kazdan has been covered before though and am surprised to see his own topic even with the same strategy (excluding the titan who I didn't know people were having trouble with). GL throughout the rest as you'll finish it soon after you beat him. The only other sticking points for people seem to be Maul/Proxy, Shadowguards, and Vader/Emperor but those are all extensively covered as well.

DanTheManGum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 04:18 PM   #11
WaRp3D91

Send a message via AIM to WaRp3D91

WaRp3D91's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scurvy Curr View Post
THIS guy is a serious pain in the arse!!! I think his red force push is wayyyyyy overpowered...I had one take about 3/4 of my life...i wanted to cry. The lighting trick on the titan works like a charm! Now I just need to finish this stupid, stupid boss...
Oh I hated that red force push, especially when he would use it 3 times in a row and not even let you get up. it was major bs.
Oblivion (1250/1250)
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed (1220/1220)

Working On

Gears of War 2
Resident Evil 5 (870/1200)

WaRp3D91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 07:46 PM   #12
Artemis Fallow

Also, I found that when he starts throwing stuff at you, hide behind the pillars at the front and nine times out of ten he won't hit you, unless its something really big and explosive...
Artemis Fallow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 07:32 AM   #13
thenixhex311

Send a message via AIM to thenixhex311 Send a message via Yahoo to thenixhex311

thenixhex311's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
never ever ever ever in ANY game EVER have I experienced as much problems with a boss as i have with this one on sith master.

i EASILY have tried this 200 times. This bastard will be JUST to the point of spawning the junk thing, and ill be full health, and THEN he'll just unleash 2-3 force pushes on me and kill me/get me to the brink.

Or ill have full bar of health, and the junk titan thing (spamming X) wont register for some reason, and ill die (or some combination of both above)

I finally made it past the junk titan to see that when i died, it started me there, only to make it to the 2nd junk titan (that bastard!) and beat it 2 times.

Each of those times, this Kazdan bastard just OWNS me with force pushes. I had a full bar of health and he was blinking red and SUPER force pushed me the one time and poof dead.

This level single-handedly makes me not want to play this game ever again.
It's NOT hard people, add your friggin' gamertag to your profile so someone looking to boost with you can EASILY send you a message just by one click. Not by having to C/P your gamertag. I can't be the only one peeved by this stuff!!

boosting:
Mortal Kombat, Brain Challenge, Big Bumpin, Texas Hold 'em, GH:Van Halen, GH: Smash Hits, NHL 12, DJ Hero 1 & 2, Bulletstorm, Gears 3, and more!
thenixhex311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 11:38 AM   #14
jason86586

this is definitely the most frustrating boss in the history of videogames. Sometime his attacks will do almost no damage and ive also had times when the exact same attack in the exact same position has taken all of my health. I mean like WTFFF!!!
jason86586 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 09:16 AM   #15
DJConnelly

Send a message via MSN to DJConnelly Send a message via Skype™ to DJConnelly

DJConnelly's Gamercard

He has to one of the most annoying bosses I've had to fight in a game so far. I mean, don't you just hate it when you get beat up by a midget? I just use Sith Slash alot so I can force push him away or attempt to pick him up.

DJConnelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 07:15 AM   #16
Creepsho88

Creepsho88's Gamercard
I've read a few other strategies for this guy, and this one worked the best! Thanks a ton.
Creepsho88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 03:44 PM   #17
chrisk62

QPRs No1 Fan's Gamercard
I got all but the Sith Master Achievement after about 1 week of purchasing this game. Decided to leave this achievement till last after i heard how frustrating it is. Anyways, didn't take my long to get to the Kazdan Paratas boss but the little midget twat is just impossible, i keep getting hit by his red force push thing and it takes about 3/4 of my energy. After about 100 attempts and 3 weeks of frustration i gave up, now 4 months later ive decided to have another crack at it to get the final 100G but yet again i can't beat him. Can't even get to the first titan.
Old 05-09-2011, 07:01 PM   #18
chrisk62

QPRs No1 Fan's Gamercard
I finally defeated the little creepy slug after what must have been 300 attempts. Replayed the first (tie-factory) mission about 25 times to get my XP up and upgraded my force powers & talents to the max. The little midget was much easier to defeat then but now i'm stuck on Maris Brood/Bull Rancor on mission 7
Old 07-09-2011, 04:09 AM   #19
VGJ Sam

VGJ Sam's Gamercard
This guy is such a pain! I have tried and tried....Ho hum!
VGJ Sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 09:06 PM   #20
StyledBear

StyledBear's Gamercard
im still struggling with him but to make it a little easier - when he starts chucking stuff at you whilst hes staddling the spire, just hide behind the column on the left (with the circle window thin)g and all his crap will just smash on the wall in front
Assassin's Creed II, Dragon Age Orgins + II, Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, LEGO HP 1-4, LEGO PotC, LOST Via Domus, Madden 06 + 08 + 09, Mass Effect 1 + 2, NBA 2K6, Shrek the Third, Star Wars: TFU, Tekken 6, WWE Smackdown Vs Raw 2010 + 2011, WWE 12
Arcade
(2)
Monkey Island 1, Monkey Island 2

StyledBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 09:53 AM   #21
StyledBear

StyledBear's Gamercard
to those of you who havent beaten this guy yet i envy you.

the feeling when you finally do him in is nothing short of euphoric...
Assassin's Creed II, Dragon Age Orgins + II, Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, LEGO HP 1-4, LEGO PotC, LOST Via Domus, Madden 06 + 08 + 09, Mass Effect 1 + 2, NBA 2K6, Shrek the Third, Star Wars: TFU, Tekken 6, WWE Smackdown Vs Raw 2010 + 2011, WWE 12
Arcade
(2)
Monkey Island 1, Monkey Island 2

StyledBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 04:48 AM   #22
jedi_nagol

This guy...

was a complete douchebag.

I must have tried 50 times in a row to kill him before I got a pattern down well enough to finish him.

Tips that may help you;

Keep your distance, this guy is not one to melee with whatsoever.

Don't turn your back to him, one hit from his "complete BS force push" and you'll go from full health to red in the blink of an eye.

When he's throwing things try to maneuver to the extreme left of the screen so he is forced to throw objects into the wall/pole.

Only shock him when's he is walking towards you, I found when he stands still it goes around him or he blocks it completely.

After shocking him, pause for a half a second and then force grip him to throw him completely off the platform. The time it takes for him to crawl up the pole again will allow for your force powers to recharge.

Good luck to anyone still trying to complete this boss, it took me 3 hours to beat him.

This guy is without a doubt in my top ten all time controller throwing levels.
jedi_nagol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 02:05 AM   #23
thepinkster87

thepinkster87's Gamercard
This is an excellent thread! Thank you all for your contributions I was finally able to defeat this boss using a mixture of these techniques and it was an excellent feeling to finally take this expletive out.
I used force lightning maxed out to stun him and then force grip to pick him up then shot more lightning into him. I then threw him against the far wall as a 'lightning grenade' and I stayed in front of him so he couldn't do that stupid force push to me. I used force lightning on the titans and dodged their attacks finally moving to the far left side when he threw objects at me. My force recharge was on 2/3 points and my max force was also high to do this.
It took me hours to do this and I succeeded without upgrading any of my health so this is possible when you know what you're doing but you just need to be patient.
thepinkster87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 09:14 PM   #24
DragonsGoMOO

dragonsgomoo's Gamercard

Only died once by second junk titan. He surprised me.
He's pretty easy once you know what you're doing.

This method helped me quite a bit though, so consider it!

DragonsGoMOO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 01:42 PM   #25
Colby

iRush God's Gamercard
Use the power crystal that increases damage and use alot of lighning based attacks. When he falls to the ground walk up and stab him as much as possible. If you tap Y than hold RT it does an electric attack that helped me ALOT.
Colby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 10:06 AM   #26
yakamo74

mr pot noodle's Gamercard
All these tips are great until you lose 90% health on one hit. This has to be the most glitched boss ever. I mean I stun him but I cant grip him. In my experience the worse you do the less glitched it is. Probably Lucas making us pay coz of all the negs he gets for ruining the movies every time they get rereleased lol.
yakamo74 is offline   Reply With Quote