Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 LIVE Arcade Games > Action > Sonic CD
Subscribe    Donate

Old 12-15-2011, 08:32 AM   #1
Segasonicdude

segasonicdude's Gamercard
Sonic CD Original Japanese Intro?

I was wondering why we didn't get the original one. Here is a video for anyone who doesn't know what I'm talking about
Segasonicdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 09:03 AM   #2
JaxTH

jaxth's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Silver   Achievement Guide - Silver
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Copyright issues.

Friggin SEGA fanboy FOR LIFE!!!

My Achievement Guides & Roadmaps:

Retail
Tekken Tag Tournament 2

Arcade
Space Channel 5: Part 2 Sonic CD Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 2 NiGHTS Into Dreams... Sonic the Fighters

Last edited by JaxTH; 12-15-2011 at 11:31 AM.
JaxTH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 09:16 AM   #3
Segasonicdude

segasonicdude's Gamercard
Ah, I kinda figured that
Thanks for the reply!
Segasonicdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 09:34 AM   #4
dynamicgrimking

DynamicGrimKing's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Segasonicdude View Post
I was wondering why we didn't get the original one. Here is a video for anyone who doesn't know what I'm talking about
Sonic CD Intro (Japanese) - YouTube
at least we have the english version
dynamicgrimking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 10:57 AM   #5
Kahn13

TwistOfFate619's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by dynamicgrimking View Post
Yeah, just a shame we can't select specific songs out of both soundtracks. Sonic Boom + JP Soundtrack would have been a pretty awesome compromise IMO (not to mention mixing and matching within some of the time periods).

Kahn13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 11:42 AM   #6
TURBOTAILZ

Send a message via MSN to TURBOTAILZ

turbotailz's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by dynamicgrimking View Post
I think you mean US?

I'm pretty disappointed they couldn't get the original vocal tracks in there. They released the best of Sonic soundtrack with an extended version of Cosmic Eternity I would think they could include that in the game? Apparently not...
TURBOTAILZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 05:39 PM   #7
BrySkye

BrySkye's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by TURBOTAILZ View Post
I think you mean US?

I'm pretty disappointed they couldn't get the original vocal tracks in there. They released the best of Sonic soundtrack with an extended version of Cosmic Eternity I would think they could include that in the game? Apparently not...
Yeah, all of Europe got the original Japanese soundtrack as well.
The North American soundtrack was, as the name implies, only used in the North American versions.

With the exception of the PAL version of Sonic Gems Collection, which was the first time the NA soundtrack was used here.
Was such a disappointment that I actually went to the trouble of importing the Japanese version, along with a freeloader for my Gamecube.
The full original soundtrack for Sonic CD, 60hz full screen goodness and, of course, all three Streets of Rage games also on the disc.
Well worth it.

Anyway, I've taken the liberty of using the 16:9 upscaled HD version from the XBLA release to make a compilation of the different incarnations of the Sonic CD intro and ending.
The new instrumental EU/JP soundtrack, the NA soundtrack and finally a recreation of the versions from the EU/JP release of Sonic Jam, with the original lyrics and combining the good and bad endings whilst also speeding them up to 1.68x speed for smoother animation.

BrySkye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 08:02 PM   #8
MrStabby1981

MrStabby1981's Gamercard
Well im disapointed too at least ive got my original Mega Cd Version.
MrStabby1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 06:50 PM   #9
bombman

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrySkye View Post
Yeah, all of Europe got the original Japanese soundtrack as well.
The North American soundtrack was, as the name implies, only used in the North American versions.

With the exception of the PAL version of Sonic Gems Collection, which was the first time the NA soundtrack was used here.
Was such a disappointment that I actually went to the trouble of importing the Japanese version, along with a freeloader for my Gamecube.
The full original soundtrack for Sonic CD, 60hz full screen goodness and, of course, all three Streets of Rage games also on the disc.
Well worth it.

Anyway, I've taken the liberty of using the 16:9 upscaled HD version from the XBLA release to make a compilation of the different incarnations of the Sonic CD intro and ending.
The new instrumental EU/JP soundtrack, the NA soundtrack and finally a recreation of the versions from the EU/JP release of Sonic Jam, with the original lyrics and combining the good and bad endings whilst also speeding them up to 1.68x speed for smoother animation.

Sonic CD - Ultimate Intro/Ending Animation Compilation (All Soundtracks) - YouTube
Just a question, when you played Sonic Gems Collection using the Freeloader, did it display the right Japanese text or did it just display garbage characters like a lot of games do with Freeloader?
bombman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 10:06 PM   #10
dill icioius

dill icious's Gamercard
that is disappointing... i didn't realize that the japanese track didn't make it in there...
dill icioius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 02:23 AM   #11
BrySkye

BrySkye's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by bombman View Post
Just a question, when you played Sonic Gems Collection using the Freeloader, did it display the right Japanese text or did it just display garbage characters like a lot of games do with Freeloader?
Didn't notice any garbage characters, but then again, Sonic games aren't exactly known for large quantities of text.
BrySkye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 12:31 PM   #12
dill icioius

dill icious's Gamercard
i hadn't bothered listening to the track they used in place of the original japanese intros.... its fucking atrocious...
dill icioius is offline   Reply With Quote