PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Battlefield 3 > Back to Karkand
Subscribe    Donate

Old 12-15-2011, 06:18 PM   #1
Barad
High on Life

Send a message via Skype™ to Barad

Barad XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Platinum   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Bronze   Road Map - Emerald   Achievement Guide - Platinum   Donator - Level 2   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Staff Club - troy0891
Total Awards: 22 (more» ...)
How the HELL do you destroy an enemy vehicle with a repair torch..

I did this maybe twice over 250hrs on BC2.. Literally it's impossible to do it on this game as enemies will always jump out and kill you. I've came as close as disabling a few but even after that you have to hold the repair tool on the vehicle for about 10 seconds to finally destroy it. I'm talking about tanks here as the AMTRAC's & BTR's are even stonger, where as jeeps and buggies are fast and are never stood still.

Anyone even done this yet?

---
10,000 Achievements - 13 July 2014

Last edited by Barad; 12-15-2011 at 11:16 PM.
Barad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 06:31 PM   #2
lord verh

lord verh's Gamercard
At least 80% destroyed an enemy mortar/ EOD Bot for this, I am one of them.
lord verh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 06:33 PM   #3
HamKet

Ham Salad's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Silver   Submit - Gold   Achievement Guide - Silver   Road Map - Silver
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
I managed this last night. Weakened a tank with an RPG first, then ran to the rear of the tank and went to town with my torch. I was surprised the guy didn't jump out when I disabled it, but he didn't, and I destroyed it a few moments later.
Old 12-15-2011, 06:35 PM   #4
Kracker Kwon Do

Ritz Kwon Do's Gamercard
Have you tried it with the EOD bot? You can drive it under the tank or IFV and they don't even know it's there until the tank is on fire. Haven't tried it myself after this DLC came out but since it's technically a torch it should count, in theory.

Old 12-15-2011, 06:40 PM   #5
Barad
High on Life

Barad XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Platinum   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Bronze   Road Map - Emerald   Achievement Guide - Platinum   Donator - Level 2   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Staff Club - troy0891
Holy shit never realised I could use EOD bot to my advantage..thanks guys ill try this right now.

---

Old 12-15-2011, 07:05 PM   #6
Tha Mantis

Tha Mantis's Gamercard
I tried last night and couldn't do it. First I hit a Humvee with an RPG, the gunner didn't move and kept firing, so I ran up with the torch and commenced attack and nothing happened. Only thing I can think is there was another person on the other side repairing it, as it just would not blow up, and I hit it for a good 10sec. or so.

Tha Mantis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 08:04 PM   #7
Barad
High on Life

Barad XBA's Gamercard

Ok I tried the EOD bot and it's NO help atall..same problem as the repair torch, when their tank is disabled they'll either get out and run or the second person will get out and repair it and shoot my EOD..

How are people getting this seriosuly?

---

Old 12-15-2011, 08:47 PM   #8
Zombiedrd

Zombiedrd's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
I found an enemy tank getting attacked by two RPG guys. Waited for them to get it to burn, then ran up and started to burn that ish.
200,000-?
Zombiedrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 09:10 PM   #9
Tommy Gun 81

Tommy Gun 81's Gamercard
I spawned into a teammate after i already crippled a tank, my mate was right in front of the tank, i used the torch and in a second i blew it up with the driver! Pure luck...like the "like a boss" cheevo...now where i somehow did this i will somehow get my F-35 kill

Last edited by Tommy Gun 81; 12-15-2011 at 09:14 PM.
Tommy Gun 81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 09:33 PM   #10
oozero

ooz3r0's Gamercard
actually I was playing rush on strike at karkand and there was a enemy tank sitting in the street so me and this other engineer just ran up to it and started torching it.. took about 20 sec and then BOOM blew it up.. I got a double kill with the torch and also unlocked the first weapon for my engineer kit for the assignments. I was pretty happy
oozero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 09:55 PM   #11
Barad
High on Life

Barad XBA's Gamercard

All of you seem to be super lucky in your enemy not jumping out when their burning, I've had nuff attempts scorching tanks but always end up dying or them jumping out :L EOD bot is just a time waster.

I gotta keep at this. Any map suggestions?

---

Last edited by Barad; 12-15-2011 at 09:58 PM.
Old 12-15-2011, 10:19 PM   #12
BBDrew84

BBDrew's Gamercard

I got it on a MAV, I was playing the map Back to Karkland and someone put it on top of the building next to B. I just climbed the ladder and took out my torch and destroyed it.
BBDrew84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 10:56 PM   #13
o D M C o

IVIr IVIeNsA's Gamercard
I got this on one of those big vehicles that act as mobile spawn points (Amtrak or something). Unlike tanks you dont repair them once the enemy exits, so you can damage them with the torch when there are no enemies about.
o D M C o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 11:17 PM   #14
Barad
High on Life

Barad XBA's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by o D M C o View Post
I got this on one of those big vehicles that act as mobile spawn points (Amtrak or something). Unlike tanks you dont repair them once the enemy exits, so you can damage them with the torch when there are no enemies about.

Really? Did not know that, will keep a look out for those tomorrow, thanks.

---

Old 12-15-2011, 11:19 PM   #15
Koompbala

Koompbala's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by o D M C o View Post
This^ All of you must not play rush cause I got this twice second time was just for the hell of it. Its so easy amtrac's are just a mobile spawn beacon so you can't get in it just destroy it. Weaken it with rockets then take it out with repair tool.

Koompbala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 02:11 AM   #16
I1 Chewbacca I1

I1 Chewbacca I1's Gamercard
Got mine by torching a mav. I believe that any enemy equipment will count as a "vehicle" destroyed.
I1 Chewbacca I1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 06:16 AM   #17
Koompbala

Koompbala's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by I1 Chewbacca I1 View Post
Got mine by torching a mav. I believe that any enemy equipment will count as a "vehicle" destroyed.
yes that makes sense I gotten enough vehicle destroy assists from that thing to know its considered a vehicle. Its actually better to hurt it a lot but not destroy it to get the most points possible. So stupid you get 20 points for destroying it and yet you can get a vehicle destroy assist of 21-99 on it.

Koompbala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 09:18 AM   #18
amacteur
In the sky

Send a message via Skype™ to amacteur

amacteur's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 2   Staff Club - amacteur   Staff - Graphics Team   Community Gaming - Silver   Family Corner Challenge Club - Tier 1   CABS Beta Tester   GRID 2 Award   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Micro Guide - Bronze   Subscriber - Bronze   Staff Club - Minty   Submit - Diamond
Total Awards: 15 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koompbala View Post
This^ All of you must not play rush cause I got this twice second time was just for the hell of it. Its so easy amtrac's are just a mobile spawn beacon so you can't get in it just destroy it. Weaken it with rockets then take it out with repair tool.
Oh oh wait.
You mean when playing rush, you just have to weaken the Amtrac with RPG then finish the job with the repair tool even if there isn't any enemy in there?
Old 12-16-2011, 09:59 AM   #19
InsaneKane87

InSAn3 KAn3's Gamercard

A good small conquest map like Grand Bazaar is good. Just wait for your team to shoot a few rockets at the tank, then run up behind it as that does quickest damage and use your torch.
Old 12-16-2011, 10:35 AM   #20
Kugsen

kugsen's Gamercard
I destroyed the Amtrack on canals with the repair tool on Monday night. Gutted!
Kugsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 10:56 AM   #21
Tommy Gun 81

Tommy Gun 81's Gamercard
If I just knew this earlier...well, at least it is a good feeling having done that task by destroying a tank
Tommy Gun 81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 11:15 AM   #22
PrinceofDeath86

Send a message via Yahoo to PrinceofDeath86

PrinceofDeath01's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kugsen View Post
I destroyed the Amtrack on canals with the repair tool on Monday night. Gutted!
I did this earlier after reading this thread, i was playing rush on Noshar Cannals. I committed suicide in the process but hey at least i got my Assignment Challenge done! Now to be a rocket whore. I need 30 more kills Unless i can find a decent squad i'll never unlock the last Assault Rifle.
Old 12-16-2011, 12:20 PM   #23
BSH 1975

BSH 1975's Gamercard

I was on a rooftop and fired 2 rpg's. I was lucky that the 2nd hit when it was right below me and I jumped on top of the LAV and torched it for 1 sec and boom...gotcha.

But an enemy mortar, spawn beacon etc also count.

BSH 1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 12:20 PM   #24
Barad
High on Life

Barad XBA's Gamercard

Ok which maps have the AMTRAK, having lot of trouble with this..tried noshahr canals on conquest but no luck.

---

Old 12-16-2011, 12:28 PM   #25
InsaneKane87

InSAn3 KAn3's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by himalaybarad View Post
Ok which maps have the AMTRAK, having lot of trouble with this..tried noshahr canals on conquest but no luck.
What is that other night time map ? For the life of me I can't remember the name I know that map has it as well. And I didn't know you can do this with the enemy mortar ? Ive come across so many enemy mortars after they just died.

Edit: Tehran Highway that's the one.

Last edited by InsaneKane87; 12-16-2011 at 12:32 PM.
InsaneKane87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 12:36 PM   #26
Barad
High on Life

Barad XBA's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by InsaneKane87 View Post
What is that other night time map ? For the life of me I can't remember the name I know that map has it as well. And I didn't know you can do this with the enemy mortar ? Ive come across so many enemy mortars after they just died.

Edit: Tehran Highway that's the one.

Sure? Isn't the LAV 25 on that? I'll try later anyway as I'm getting no where on canals, whenever I'm I see an enemy AMTRACK I get killed but most of the time it's destroyed by my teammates or they just get into it -_-

---

Last edited by Barad; 12-16-2011 at 12:40 PM.
Old 12-16-2011, 12:43 PM   #27
InsaneKane87

InSAn3 KAn3's Gamercard

Quote:
Sure? Isn't the LAV 25 on that? I'll try later anyway as I'm getting no where on canals, whenever I'm I see an enemy AMTRACK I get killed but most of the time it's destroyed by my teammates or they just get into it -_-
Maybe try Grand Brazzar, I know anytime I see the tank my team is shooting rockets at it, plus its a small map.

Good luck and may the force be with you!
Old 12-16-2011, 12:45 PM   #28
BSH 1975

BSH 1975's Gamercard

Quote:
Just do team deathmatch round and search for enemy equipment like spawn beacon, enemy mortar etc. Destroy that with you torch and you got it.

BSH 1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 12:52 PM   #29
InsaneKane87

InSAn3 KAn3's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSH 1975 View Post
Just do team deathmatch round and search for enemy equipment like spawn beacon, enemy mortar etc. Destroy that with you torch and you got it.
Before trying this which sounds alot easier have you ? It just seems weird the enemy mortar or spawn beacon can be counted as an enemy vehicle lol. What about that little spot tug ? Ive come across so many of those.
Old 12-16-2011, 01:01 PM   #30
Barad
High on Life

Barad XBA's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by InsaneKane87 View Post
Maybe try Grand Brazzar, I know anytime I see the tank my team is shooting rockets at it, plus its a small map.

Good luck and may the force be with you!
Thanks but Grand Bazzar definitely doesn't have an AMTRAK :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSH 1975 View Post
Mortar's and spawn points really count as vehicles? Well if so I didn't know that, will try that now.

---