PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Shadows of the Damned
Subscribe    Donate

Old 06-26-2011, 06:49 AM   #1
davidmerrell

davidmerrell's Gamercard
100% Sure Way to Get Nasty Headache (No SKill Required)

FIrst of all I cannot take credit for this because I didnt discover it. I want to give all credit to a buddy of mine, gmurda33. So seriously, thank him. Im just posting it for him cause he was not sure if he was going to post or not and I know it will help people so here it goes. On the swamp level where you let the little monkey guy out of the cage to put out light in order for you to shoot the red orb that opens the gate. Hope everyone is with me on where it is. Its in level 3 something. ANyway what you do is let that monkey out then kill him. He will respawn infinately because he is necessary to continue the level. They respawn out of the butthole looking thing. SOrry that is my best description. What you do is wait for it to come out then line up your shot to take his head off. It make take a couple trys to get it lined up perfectly but when you do you are good. Just keep your sight aimed at that exact spot and when the monkey comes out you simply shoot and its a guarantee head shot. No kidding people. Easy as that. No skill involved. Get your gun lined up and as long as you know how to shoot u will unlock the achievement. good lookin out gmurda33 on sharing this with me so that I could post for everyone.
davidmerrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 05:36 AM   #2
Tha Mantis

Tha Mantis's Gamercard
This really does work. Thank you for posting, I was struggling trying to get this in the swamp where they just keep coming, but yeah you can just stand there and don't move you aim at all. I think this need to go into the achievement guide.

Tha Mantis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 09:45 AM   #3
davidmerrell

davidmerrell's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tha Mantis View Post
This really does work. Thank you for posting, I was struggling trying to get this in the swamp where they just keep coming, but yeah you can just stand there and don't move you aim at all. I think this need to go into the achievement guide.
yeah it works. my buddy found it. its pretty sweet. about 12 hours after I posted this method some dude made a video and put it on here, wich is cool, but then he tried to take credit for the strategy. Kind of pissed me off. lol He also posted a video for another achievement that has already been listed here. In the achievement guide at that. Some people. This to me was probably the hardest achievement in the game until this came along. No skill involved. Glad it could help.
davidmerrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 04:53 PM   #4
DERVISH888

DERVISH888's Gamercard
Great find Merrell / Gmurda. I was working on this achievement in the swamp as well while I was farming gems. Unfortunately, I saw this post after I had left Level 3.

I look forward to rocking your sweet strategy on my next playthrough.

Thanks for hooking this up.
DERVISH888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 03:55 AM   #5
vithzeral

Send a message via ICQ to vithzeral

vithzeral's Gamercard
Right in the start on chapter one is the easiest. Just let the enemies walk right up to you, keep your gun up high and pop them in the head. Missing completely is OK, just don't shoot them anywhere except the head. They cant really hurt you so take all the time you need. I got it first try, first 5 enemies, but you can always quit and try again.
vithzeral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 09:12 PM   #6
DJ RJester

DJ RJester's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Xbox One Maximum Clubs Novice   Staff Club - Madhatters13   Staff Club - AOS Puck   Staff Club - DEG23   Staff Club - Rajeanero   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 3   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 2   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 1   Best of XBLA Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Never Final   Staff Club - Minty   Arcade Crazy - Bronze
Total Awards: 19 (more» ...)
Great find, very easy to get doing it this way.
DJ RJester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 08:04 AM   #7
EliteShadowMan

EliteShadowMan's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
why is there solutions for the easiest achievement in the game? and not the puppetteer one? this was the 2nd achievement i got in the game and is by far the easiest one next to story progression ones come on
Old 07-08-2011, 02:09 AM   #8
Joey The Dawg

Joey The Dawg's Gamercard
Thanks. This seems so much easier since im not too good at pulling off headshots.
Joey The Dawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 12:47 AM   #9
skynetarmy

DREW ARMY's Gamercard
Works like a charm

Refer to title
skynetarmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 07:48 PM   #10
Jraa7

faintdmd's Gamercard
easiest place is at the very beginning
here is a vdeo guide

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UINQv...ailpage#t=127s

Jraa7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 12:32 AM   #11
septicflesh

Send a message via AIM to septicflesh

doomfarmer's Gamercard
thanks OP, worked like a charm!

septicflesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 06:37 AM   #12
mnwlkr

Mnwlkr's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by EliteShadowMan View Post
why is there solutions for the easiest achievement in the game? and not the puppetteer one? this was the 2nd achievement i got in the game and is by far the easiest one next to story progression ones come on
Well, actually this may seems easy to some people but it is really not, I think.

I did play this with another profile, and guess what, I got this right from the beginning.
2nd achievement in the game, just like you.
And I thought it was easy.

But then I played it again with my very own profile.
I tried all through the game without success until I got to the swamp and I gave up and used the monkeys.

BTW, I got some tips for The Puppeteer in another thread, in case you need them.
Old 12-23-2011, 09:08 AM   #13
DugFreez

DugFreez's Gamercard
I read on how to do this on 3-2 with the caged monkey trick but every where talked about letting him out of the cage. It's much easier to just leave him in the cage and shoot him from between the bars.

You can move around a bit and get the right spot for a head shot. You also need to get in a spot where he spawns and lines up consistently. Then it's bam, bam, bam, bam, bam...done. No moving, no aiming just 5 shots to the head.

I didn't try this achievement on the first level, but from watching the vids I can't imagine it being easier than just pulling the trigger 5 times.
DugFreez is offline   Reply With Quote