PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Main Hub > Discussion Boards > The Tech Centre
Subscribe    Donate

Old 12-23-2011, 05:46 PM   #1
1morey

sk8tbdkid's Gamercard
Exclamation HELP!!! Xbox Live MTU error?!? Can someone help!!

I am in desperate need of help. Last Thursday I was told I needed to have my NAT open to solve a PING spike I was dealing with, so I twiddled with my computer until I got to the router page, got my NAT to open and enabled UPNP and then both of my computers lost internet connection (My Xbox is connected to my laptop and its internet connection is connected with my parents computer.) I got that fixed somehow, and last Friday, I get a MTU error.

I had to fix some other problems (change my IP address), and I am trying to figure out how to connect to Xbox Live. Both computers have internet fine, but I did what I was told when checking my network connection. And I still get this MTU error. I read somewhere that if you have UPNP enabled, disable it and it will be fine. But I don't want to have to deal with this PING spike (which has caused me trouble from other players thinking I was using a lagswitch).

Can someone give me crystal clear instructions on how to fix this MTU error so I can get back on Xbox Live. I have internet now, and so do my parent's computer, but I still can't get on xbox live. And please make it easy to understand I am semi-computer illiterate. Can someone help me?!?!??!

NOTE: My Xbox/TV is in my room with my laptop, and my parent's computer is in another room so I can't connect my Xbox directly into my modem as my tv/xbox/laptop is in a seperate room as my parent's computer

HERE IS EVERYTHING I CAN TELL YOU:

What Country/State/Province do you live in?: Pennsylvania, United States of America
Router brand & model number: Linksys WRT120N
Modem brand & model number: WESTELL E90-610015-06
Network Connection Type: Wired
Things you have tried: Resetting Router/Modem, shut off everything for a few minutes, Resetting to factory defaults
Is UPnP Enabled? Yes
Is NAT Type Open? Yes
Any Error Codes you encounter:

W: 0000 - 000B
X: 0000 - F001
Y: 0000 - 0000
Z: 0000 - 0000
ID 0003 - 0000
L: 8015 - 1909
Q: 8007 - 0435
T: Wired
A: 192.168.0.105/255.255.255.0
G: 192.168.0.1
D: 192.168.1.1/0.0.0.0

What type of internet do you have? DSL
Who is your ISP(Internet Service Provider)? Verizon
After you run "Test Xbox LIVE connection" and click on "More info", what is the exact message shown on screen?

MTU ERROR

Unplug the power from the router or modem for 30 seconds. Reconnect the power, and wait another 30 seconds.

Additionally, if you are using a wireless network, improve the signal strength by reducing the distance between the console and router or modem. Also, reduce interference from other wireless devices by turning them off.

A problem with your router or modem is preventing communication with Xbox LIVE. Visit www.xbox.com/mtu-help for more help.

Or would it be easier just to go out and buy a wireless adapter? Because I am thinking of getting one, and seeing if that removes the problem.

I NEED HELP!!!! CAN ANYBODY ANSWER MY QUESTIONS AND HELP ME?!?!??!?

Last edited by 1morey; 12-27-2011 at 01:28 AM.
1morey is offline   Reply With Quote