PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Transformers: Dark of the Moon
Subscribe    Donate

Old 07-02-2011, 08:28 AM   #1
emul8ter25

emul8ter25's Gamercard
Worse than last game in every way!

ugh... this game was very disappointing.
While i did enjoy the single player campaign somewhat, it was very short and easy and nowhere near as good as the last game.

multiplayer:
very similar to the last game, but not as good.

plus the levels allow for the lame strategy that pretty much ruins the entire experience for me:

select flying character.
wait until 2 other players are in a battle.
fly up behind someone and either ram them, or transform and meleee them.
quickly fly away to avoid further damage.
repeat.

incredibly lame, and its what i see most people doing.
Old 07-03-2011, 06:09 AM   #2
bLaKgRaVy

bLaKgRaVy's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Promoter   Staff Club - Minty   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 2   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 1   Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 1   Over Achiever - Bronze   Road Map - Gold   Achievement Guide - Gold   1,000 Posts   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 10 (more» ...)
Last game meaning what? War for Cybertron, or the last movie game, Revenge of the Fallen?

No game is going to live up to WFC. They developed that game for over 2 years. They did DotM in 6-7 months. Of COURSE it's not going to be as good. What were you expecting, a breakthrough game that no one has ever done before? It's still better than the previous two movie games.

They took what made WFC great and stripped it down to the bare minimum. That's what they were paid to do, put something out quickly and cheaply, and that's what they did. They probably paid more to the voice actors than developing the actual game (not really, but maybe...).

I use the same argument for Duke Nukem Forever. The game was developed over a 14 year period. They kept the same things in it that they started back in 1997/98 to 2010. They probably thought back in 2000 that they had a solid game, which they did, if the game was released back in 2000. Can't blame Gearbox for that; they just finished up and polished what had already been started. What's the expression. "Even if you polish a turd it's still a piece of shit." If they developed it from day one starting like 3 years ago, it would have been an entirely different game. It had the late 90's mentality, and Duke is a 90's character. Yet people were expecting it to be the be all/end all of FPS's. Hardly. Take the game for what it is, a mediocre shooter that's semi-fun to play.

All I'm saying is don't expect much from games, especially movie games. They're made with a 6-8 month development cycle, and they all suck, just easy gamerscore. That's all anyone should get out of these games, the gamerscore. They shouldn't expect the cure for cancer.
Guides/Roadmaps: Madden NFL 11 Backyard Sports: Rookie Rush Cyber Troopers Virtual-On Force [plus both DLC's] Mayhem 3D FGN Fun Pack Dragons Lair Kinect Sesame Street TV DVD Kinect Sesame Street TV App: Season 1 Marvel SHS: Comic Combat Nickelodeon Dance 2 The LEGO Movie Videogame [X360] Assassin's Creed II
Guides/Roadmaps [co-author]: National Geographic Challenge!
Guides [co-author]: LEGO Batman 2: DC Super Heroes
Roadmaps: LEGO Star Wars III: The Clone Wars
bLaKgRaVy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 06:45 PM   #3
blackbrainCL

blackbrainCL's Gamercard
war for cybertron is 100101023019231023% much better than this crap
blackbrainCL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 01:58 PM   #4
MikeinSC

DaMikeSC's Gamercard
Yeah. DoTM is solid enough. Not the best game ever, but easily the best Transformers game based on a movie.

100% Retail --- 40

100% Arcade --- 17
MikeinSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 07:21 PM   #5
UberPirateNinja

UberPirateNinja's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Promoter   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
^not exactly a high hurdle to jump, but you're right. this game is a definite rental, soooo glad i neglected to purchase. hope they're starting work on wfc2 now this is out the door.
UberPirateNinja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 12:28 AM   #6
denial9945

denial9945's Gamercard
wfc 2 comes out in 2012. This is a movie based game so people should of never got there hopes up for a masterpiece to begin with. WFC was great but still had flaws
denial9945 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 06:13 PM   #7
thepaxman

br34thedyn4m1te's Gamercard
There's no way this is worser than RotF. Didn't you have to hold a trigger in to stay in vehicle mode in that game? Probably the stupidest thing in gaming history. I played it for literally 2 minutes then sent if back.
thepaxman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 03:34 PM   #8
Dante Kenobi

Dante Kenobi's Gamercard
I wasnt too bothered about getting this game then I had a bit of spare cash and seen it for 23 from Game (Thanks Homicidal is gay) so figured Id give it a go. I played the multiplayer first after seeing it had online achievements and found it to be okay. The controls were like driving on ice but the game mechanics were similar to the war for cybertron game. In fact the best summary of the game is a weaker version of Transformers WFC. I got all online achievements after playing 6 games of Conquest it is the fastest XP gaining rate of any game I have ever played. After that I started the campaign on easy. I had xRogue 5xs collectable guide to hand and picked them up as I went other than that I kept an eye on the achievement description. I played through till the end then went back to mop up any cheevos Id missed. I didnt struggle with any particular achievement and was all done in about 7 hours. The story did feel a little shoe horned in and it was a bit lazy the vehicle Megatron turned into but I liked the Laser beak section and the bumble bee section. I enjoyed the game and Id recommend it to anyone if they saw it cheap. For a game based on a movie tie in not bad.
Dante Kenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 02:44 PM   #9
jules the great

Send a message via AIM to jules the great

OldSchoolJules's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Promoter   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
LOL Agreed. THANK GOD I rented this from the nearby Redbox the other day. I started playing this game at midnight and beat it with 750/1000 at 4am. I can not be bothered to go after the remaining 250 GS just because I did not want to go thru any of those levels again. I was hoping for some resemblence to WFC but it just LOOKED like WFC, didnt play like it at all.
Old 07-26-2011, 06:27 AM   #10
Battletick

Battletick's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by emul8ter25 View Post
multiplayer:
very similar to the last game, but not as good.

plus the levels allow for the lame strategy that pretty much ruins the entire experience for me:

select flying character.
wait until 2 other players are in a battle.
fly up behind someone and either ram them, or transform and melee them.
quickly fly away to avoid further damage.
repeat.

incredibly lame, and its what i see most people doing.

I agree, it's incredibly lame because it doesn't work. I always carry my team as a soldier. Or whatever they renamed it. My lame strategy is to mow down everyone in my path down with the double-barreled machine gun, and its loads of fun. The multiplayer is extremely dumbed down from WFC, but can still be fun when you aren't continuously being disconnected or experiencing game breaking lag. I'm pretty sure that's not my connections fault because it runs everything else fine. I personally enjoyed the campaign, it's short but it's a movie game. It's not a bad game, but not as good as WFC, which I'm think nearly everyone expected,
Battletick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 01:47 PM   #11
Marketman316

Marketman316's Gamercard
what matters is that you get 1000 more points added to your gamercard for no work or skill hardly at all. thanks very much!!
Old 12-27-2011, 12:03 PM   #12
gangstakatamari

Ninja Golf2k6's Gamercard
This game is way better than War for Cybertron because it's not boring.