PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > RPG > Eternal Sonata
Subscribe    Donate

Old 04-01-2011, 12:02 AM   #1
VitaminAmy

VitaminAmy's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Donator - Level 1   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Silver   Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Best guide for 100% achievements?

I'm thinking about firing up this game for the first time.
There are several walkthroughs out there and wondering which one was the best for getting 100% of the achievements.

Thanks!
Old 04-01-2011, 01:18 AM   #2
d0ct0rscarecr0w

d0ct0rscarecr0w's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
I used this sites achievement guides coupled with a general walkthrough that I found typing "Eternal Sonata Walkthrough" into google, though the guide didn't have a mysterious unison map but you can find that easy, too get all the achievements you have too do two playthroughs on the first you should mostly focus on getting all the score pieces you can, since you can't get all the EZI on the first and they don't transfer over.
d0ct0rscarecr0w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 02:40 AM   #3
VitaminAmy

VitaminAmy's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Donator - Level 1   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Silver   Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
I've been using this guide...
http://strategywiki.org/wiki/Eternal_Sonata/Walkthrough
...which has been quite helpful.

It isn't the best guide for the Mysterious Unison dungeon... but I just used maps from GameFaqs for that.

Working my way through that dungeon now... love this game btw.
Old 04-25-2011, 03:15 AM   #4
rekikire

rekikire x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Grifter Reborn   Staff Club - rekikire   Staff Club - Never Final   Staff Club - Minty   1,000 Posts   x360a Representer   GSL 10 Winner   GSL 10 MVP   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 9 (more» ...)
I used this one

http://www.gamefaqs.com/xbox360/9341...ata/faqs/53120
rekikire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 08:20 AM   #5
Terransheep

Terransheep's Gamercard
Strategywiki is the best site for this. while others are helpful, but they are not as quite as clear/specific as strategywiki. And plus, strategywiki gave me a feeling of old RPG strategy sites where everything is pretty accompanied with pictures and screenshots... The guides online nowadays are just faqs... wall of texts... jeez...
Terransheep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 02:19 PM   #6
Extra Saucy

Shred Asics 13's Gamercard
So, I finished a first playthrough what seems like forever ago. Is there anything that I could have missed that would prevent me from being able to get 1000gs on my second play? I know playthrough 2 opnes up all the collectibles but I was curious If I had to have some of them from the first play.

I guess my point is, if I start an Encore play, can I just recollect EVERYTHING since I will not remember what I did in my original playthrough?

-Praise The Sun-

Extra Saucy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 02:26 PM   #7
rekikire

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Grifter Reborn   Staff Club - rekikire   Staff Club - Never Final   Staff Club - Minty   1,000 Posts   x360a Representer   GSL 10 Winner   GSL 10 MVP   Donator - Level 1
You can recollect everything but you may have to do some backtracking. For example if you didn't kill the pirate in the caves, and the city you won't have a specific score piece that you need in the second playthrough. So you'll have to kill the pirate in the second playthrough get the score piece, then backtrack to the person you need to play the score piece with.

Most of the backtracking you can do in chapter 6 after you've got the key.
Old 09-06-2011, 03:04 PM   #8
Extra Saucy

Good deal, thanks! I know I probably made it harder on myself by not cleaning everything up that I could in playthrough 1, but after Resonance of Fate I'm up for the challenge.

-Praise The Sun-

Old 09-06-2011, 03:24 PM   #9
HerroKittie

a mere kitten's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
@ Extra Saucy: As long as you completed the Mysterious Unison dungeon in your first playthrough it won't be that bad. Since the monsters are tougher the second time around that place is a real pain. >.<

HerroKittie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 04:04 PM   #10
Minty

Send a message via MSN to Minty Send a message via Skype™ to Minty

Minty x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Minty   x360a Representer   Referrals - Gold   15,000 Posts   GamerScore League Season 9 Winner   PAX Meet 2010   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   GSL 8 MVP   Donator - Level 5   x360a Book Club   Submit - Bronze   Bright Idea
Total Awards: 15 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by HerroKittie View Post
@ Extra Saucy: As long as you completed the Mysterious Unison dungeon in your first playthrough it won't be that bad. Since the monsters are tougher the second time around that place is a real pain. >.<
The only really hard fight was the pirate ship really- and I thought that was harder first time round as I did way more farming on the 2nd playthrough, then won on the first attempt lol.

But yeah, unless you did the secret dungeon on the 1st playthrough, 2nd time will be tougher. I didn't even go near it 2nd time round.

Minty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 12:43 AM   #11
Extra Saucy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minty View Post
The only really hard fight was the pirate ship really- and I thought that was harder first time round as I did way more farming on the 2nd playthrough, then won on the first attempt lol.

But yeah, unless you did the secret dungeon on the 1st playthrough, 2nd time will be tougher. I didn't even go near it 2nd time round.
Well, I sure didn't lol. If I grind a lot should I be good? Or am I better off redoing another 1st playthrough?

Thanks for the input!

-Praise The Sun-

Old 09-07-2011, 02:07 AM   #12
rekikire

The secret dungeon isn't overly difficult, you just need to have good reflexes to block/counterattack what's coming in. You can avoid most of the fights if you want. I normally only fought the dragons on the lower levels, and the monster with the huge hands on the higher levels.

Stay away from the pirates in the secret dungeon, they will kill you before you even have a chance to blink.
Old 09-07-2011, 03:47 AM   #13
Minty

Send a message via MSN to Minty Send a message via Skype™ to Minty

Minty x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Minty   x360a Representer   Referrals - Gold   15,000 Posts   GamerScore League Season 9 Winner   PAX Meet 2010   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   GSL 8 MVP   Donator - Level 5   x360a Book Club   Submit - Bronze   Bright Idea
Total Awards: 15 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rekikire View Post
The secret dungeon isn't overly difficult, you just need to have good reflexes to block/counterattack what's coming in. You can avoid most of the fights if you want. I normally only fought the dragons on the lower levels, and the monster with the huge hands on the higher levels.

Stay away from the pirates in the secret dungeon, they will kill you before you even have a chance to blink.
Yeah, the only things I fought in the Dungeon were the ones you need to beat to get the huge amount of credits you needed. The bigger the enemy- the easier the fight. Ie run from the pirates and everything else, they are a nightmare. And remember the only save point is by the entrance.

If you're not sure if you can beat the dungeon, try it at least. Saves 20+ hours it's going to take to get back there lol.

Minty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 11:37 AM   #14
Necro Lazarus

Necro Lazarus's Gamercard
I've got the 1000 on this and it was relatively straightforward, I used a mixture of the achievement guide on here and a full walkthough guide from gamefaqs. It didnt take me too long and I have to say the game gets so much better the further you get, especially on the second playthrough.
Necro Lazarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 11:36 PM   #15
TheGuardian118

theguardian118's Gamercard
Thanks for listing all the guides! I just started the game and all this information should help alot.
TheGuardian118 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 08:54 AM   #16
Rosalie

RosalieYoshi's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGuardian118 View Post
Thanks for listing all the guides! I just started the game and all this information should help alot.
Same for me. Played the game without a guide and didn't get everything so trying for a second time
Rosalie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 06:56 PM   #17
head0r Inc

AC Cloud Strife's Gamercard
Is there any proper guide for the encore mode? Meaning, is there a guide which gives explanation to all the changes and so on during playthrough 2?

head0r Inc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 09:06 PM   #18
IRISH POTATO3s

IRISH POTATO3S's Gamercard
Still need to go back and get all the score pieces, Ill try a few of these suggestions.