PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Music and Rhythm > Dance Central 2
Subscribe    Donate

Old 10-05-2011, 05:45 PM   #1
flOOfgOOfer360

TWO flOOf's Gamercard
Song import + 400ms points

Can anyone say whether Ill need the original discs for this? I still have the code that came with my game, but the disc is not in my possession now.

I'm just assuming it will be a download, no original disc required if you have the Code and/or the MS points?

Last edited by flOOfgOOfer360; 10-05-2011 at 06:08 PM.
flOOfgOOfer360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 08:36 PM   #2
Necrophage33

Necrophage33's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by flOOfgOOfer360 View Post
Can anyone say whether Ill need the original discs for this? I still have the code that came with my game, but the disc is not in my possession now.

I'm just assuming it will be a download, no original disc required if you have the Code and/or the MS points?
Basing it only on Rock Band/Rock Band 2, I'd assume you'll need the disc. Unless you were able to import the tracks without having the disc, but I was under the impression you needed it.
Necrophage33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 04:12 AM   #3
flOOfgOOfer360

TWO flOOf's Gamercard
Thanks for your reply, oh well, 400 xtra ms points isn't too bad consolation.
Old 10-06-2011, 09:03 PM   #4
Necrophage33

Necrophage33's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze   1,000 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flOOfgOOfer360 View Post
Thanks for your reply, oh well, 400 xtra ms points isn't too bad consolation.
Do you have confirmation that if you don't have the DC disc, you can pay 400MSP to get all of the DC songs on DC2? Or is there an export cost?
Old 10-07-2011, 03:37 AM   #5
flOOfgOOfer360

TWO flOOf's Gamercard
I get this from Amazon where I preordered:
"Pre-order Dance Central 2 and get 400 free Microsoft Points to import songs from the original Dance Central."

Then at Xbox dotcom they say this:
"How do I import my Dance Central songs into Dance Central 2?
  • Launch Dance Central 2 game on your Xbox console.
  • Make sure you are signed into an Xbox LIVE enabled game profile.
  • From the main game menu, select OPTIONS.
  • Select REDEEM CODE.
  • Enter the 16 digit code printed on the back of your original Dance Central game manual. If you pre-ordered Dance Central 2 at a participating retailer, enter the token number printed on the digital receipt you received with the game (you might have this, you might not! If not, move on!)
  • Follow the on screen instructions to purchase the Dance Central Import Pack.
  • If you have a 25-digit pre-order code, follow the instructions you received to redeem that code for the 400 point value.
  • Song files will begin downloading automatically and will be added to your song library upon completion."

The bold part is why I thought I could just purchase the pack and not need the disc, but will have to wait and see. Hopefully this helps someone posting this here

Last edited by flOOfgOOfer360; 10-07-2011 at 03:39 AM.
Old 10-09-2011, 08:36 PM   #6
Baihu1983

Baihu1983's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Ill wait till the devs make an announcement

3rd November 2012 - Joined the 100K club

IF YOU SEND ME A FRIEND REQUEST OVER LIVE PLEASE ALSO SEND A MESSAGE SAYING WHY.

Raptar
Voice

Baihu1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 08:38 PM   #7
EnfantDuSiecle

EnfantDuSiecle's Gamercard
well I'll just have to wait to see when the hell are going to announce the pre-sale
EnfantDuSiecle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 04:16 PM   #8
Maka

Send a message via MSN to Maka

Maka91's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Bronze   Micro Guide - Platinum   Road Map - Emerald   Xbox One Maximum Clubs Novice   10,000 posts   Achievement Guide - Emerald   GRID 2 Award   Submit - Platinum   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze   Referrals - Silver   x360a Book Club
Total Awards: 22 (more» ...)
From what I believe, and previous experience using Rock Band titles, you do not need the old disc, only the code and MS Points.

Any know where I can find a DC1 import code, without buying the game?
Maka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 12:17 PM   #9
Takuya

Tak le Kuya's Gamercard
you don't need to have the DC1 dvd
just use the code writed in the DC1 manual and it will download a 200 mega pack with all dc1 song
Takuya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 03:22 PM   #10
madd4

madd4's Gamercard
on the back of the manual of DC 2 is a 25 digit code that unlocks PoP key??? what is it for ?? i got the tracks from DC1 already with the code from that manual and 400 MSP. but i think the 25code digit is something else i jut wanna know for sure before i redeem it any1 knows ????
madd4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 05:07 PM   #11
leeloo

Pinkunoichi's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Gamer Chick!
Okay
- Dance Central 1 manual (16 digits) > Import DC1 songs into DC2
- Dance Central 2 manual (25 digits) > Import DC2 to DC3 (in the future)

Confirm that only the manual/code is needed, no need to switch discs.

Last edited by leeloo; 10-23-2011 at 05:17 PM.
leeloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 08:59 PM   #12
Buzz VII

Buzz VII's Gamercard
I spoke to XBOX about this and if you bought it used then you're basically screwed. They said to buy a new one as they can't give out the code if you didn't get the manual. Kind of annoying as I liked a lot of the songs from DC 1..

I've heard it both ways
Buzz VII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 04:35 AM   #13
Perfect Crime

Perfect Crime's Gamercard
I wonder if I could find an import code at GameStop.... Is that evil? Maybe.... But I have no plans to buy the old game because from what I've seen they're basically the same, I saw very little difference. I don't care too much about having all the achievements. But I suppose if I get all 1000G for Dance Central 2 I'd think about getting DC1 but I doubt that's gonna happen.
Perfect Crime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 10:53 PM   #14
Necrophage33

Necrophage33's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perfect Crime View Post
I wonder if I could find an import code at GameStop.... Is that evil? Maybe.... But I have no plans to buy the old game because from what I've seen they're basically the same, I saw very little difference. I don't care too much about having all the achievements. But I suppose if I get all 1000G for Dance Central 2 I'd think about getting DC1 but I doubt that's gonna happen.
Do you just want the extra songs? If so, either find someone you know (or on your friends list) who has the first and isn't buying the second one. The code is inside the case, so if you bought it at Gamestop you wouldn't be able to return it for full price, since you have to open it. Not sure how cheap used copies of Dance Central are, but if it's under $30 then that's less than $1 per song, which is a good deal. If you haven't played the first one, just know that a lot of the songs feel like a step down from the second, in terms of difficulty and sheer involvement in the dance moves.
Old 12-19-2011, 12:25 AM   #15
SatNiteEduardo

satniteeduardo's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
If yuo import the original songs do they have the original routine from the first game or are they different in some way?
SatNiteEduardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 11:04 PM   #16
blackfalc0n

Although you've probably figured this out by now you need a working code (if you buy it used you might end up with a used code which won't work). So long as you have the manual it'll be fine, you don't need a working disc. It also costs 400 Microsoft Points and you need a code.
blackfalc0n is offline   Reply With Quote