Achievement Discussion

Spartan

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does the second playthrough difficulty make any achievements that were available the first time harder to get?

Definitely. Make sure you do the Mysterious Union the first play through. It is quite difficult on the second play. Of course, if you're good at stringing together your Harmony Chains, most fights are pretty simply either way.

• 3 weeks later...

I quite like this game, didnt play it for a ling time now, these achievements are just shocking me, there are one of the worst achievements ive ever seen, this game is long, u gotta play thru twice, and collect some bullshit stuff, meh.

JRPGs tend to have weird achievements, tales of vesperia looks the same :/

• 1 month later...
The story isn't any different the second play, they just up the difficulty is all.

I think it's cool, because you can just play the game and enjoy the story and get really into it without worry about achievements, then on your second play you can just play for achievements and since you've already done the story, you know what to do and where to go. I love the game and the achievements are awesome, I think.

Aren't there a few Achievements that you can only get on your first playthrough?

As for what others said about length, i think it should take about as much, maybe little less than the first playthrough to get done with all the achievements in the second playthrough, for example, took me 38 hours to get through the game first time, that's without skipping any cutscenes, exploring the areas thoroughly and completing the Mysterious Unison at level 87 (The last boss was a frickin breeze after the unison... not that the unison was particularly hard either) in the second game you do have stronger monsters so you're gonna spend more time leveling, but it's balanced out by the fact that you pretty much have exploration to the minimum since you know where everything is and you don't really have to finish the entire game, only to chapter 7 i think, and not tackling the Unison will shave off a few hours too, so in the end, it's probably gonna take about 20-28 hours to get far enough in the second playthrough for all the Achievements. (you can probably take off a few hours by skipping all the cutscenes too) i'm on my second now, just started this morning.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

I have a huge doubt in my mind: do I need to talk to the people(like the Granny, or whatever name she has) BEFORE reaching Baroque with the teleport in the second playtrough, or maybe I can talk to them AFTER getting the complete teleport to reach 'em all to start and finish the side quests?

First playthrough was awesome, one of the best game that I've ever played...but the 2nd one looks so hard to get every achievement remaining...I'm actually in the middle of Chapter 1, but I was caught by fear thinking about the side quests that makes some tough points achievement...

• 2 months later...

In the achievment guide it says in Chapter 7 to go to Forte City to see the man in pain to get score piece 31. I'm in Elegy City, and there is no teleporter here, so does that mean I have to back track all the way to Forte to get it? Or is there a teleporter some where?

Let me know, thanks,

In the achievment guide it says in Chapter 7 to go to Forte City to see the man in pain to get score piece 31. I'm in Elegy City, and there is no teleporter here, so does that mean I have to back track all the way to Forte to get it? Or is there a teleporter some where?

Let me know, thanks,

That's right. You'll have to backtrack all the way back from Mount Rock and To Coda Ruins. There's no teleporter after Baroque. As not enough, enemies in Mount Rock are very difficult to avoid, the same goes for the ones in To Coda Ruins.

I suppose I did that track around 8 times only in my second play. :eek:

That's the worst part about Sonata.

First playthrough was awesome, one of the best game that I've ever played...but the 2nd one looks so hard to get every achievement remaining...I'm actually in the middle of Chapter 1, but I was caught by fear thinking about the side quests that makes some tough points achievement...

This game's the easiest rpg out there. If you talk with the Grand Mother in Baroque's Hotel during chapter 4, there's absolutely nothing that can be missed. You could backtrack everytime you want to and get things you had missed. If you have fear about this game, you should avoid Blue Dragon.

I don't know if you're a rpg fan, but everyone who plays this genre is accustomed to backtrack and missable things.

Enjoy the game and I asure you that you'll get 1000 easily in this game.

Good luck.

• 3 months later...

hey i was reading some walkthrough so i dont miss anything but a lot of stuff that its saying should be there isnt there... do i have to go all the way to the 6th or 7th chapter again and use the teleport room before i can go back and get a lot of these achievements???

• 9 months later...
The story isn't any different the second play, they just up the difficulty is all.

I think it's cool, because you can just play the game and enjoy the story and get really into it without worry about achievements, then on your second play you can just play for achievements and since you've already done the story, you know what to do and where to go. I love the game and the achievements are awesome, I think.

I strongly agree, I bought the game without expecting much but I thouroghly enjoyed it, I am also working my way towards the full 1000 (:and your achievement guide is a huge help, THANKS! :)

• 3 weeks later...
anyone know if you miss 2 score pieces, you can go back for them later on the game in the portals or i have to start a new game again?

You can use the portal to get them, but you might have the pieces out of order for the numbers given in the sessions.

• 1 year later...
Hello,

I'm looking forward to play this game, but I don't feel like checking a walkthrough every 5 minutes on my first playthrough.

So exactly what kind of collectables do I have to get on the first run?

You want to get the Score Pieces, since they are the only collectible you carry to your next playthrough. You also want to enter and complete the bonus dungeon at the end of the game (it's not missable) to get some achievements related to it, some more Score Pieces, and also the important "Party Level 6" feature, which helps a ton during the second playthrough. If you want a guide easy to follow and spoiler free, check here; it helps also if you happen to miss some Score Pieces/collect them in the wrong order, since there are pictures showing the pieces (the notes, etc.) themselves to avoid the confusion of the random order.

Have fun, it's a good game to play.

Oddly enough, I dreamed about this game the other night but never played it. I ended up playing the demo this afternoon and thoroughly enjoyed it. Sometimes you appreciate linear games after playing something like Skyrim for 100 hours.

Picking this up tomorrow.

• 2 weeks later...
Oddly enough, I dreamed about this game the other night but never played it. I ended up playing the demo this afternoon and thoroughly enjoyed it. Sometimes you appreciate linear games after playing something like Skyrim for 100 hours.

Picking this up tomorrow.

Took me 40 hours to complete my first playthrough. I somehow misinterpreted keeping party levels as keeping everyone's level. So I spent hours grinding out Mysterious Unison until everyone was level 90. Imagine my surprise and disappointment when I started Encore at level 1 :( it kind of took the wind out of my sails.

And man, shit is tougher in Encore. I thought it would be easy at party level 6 but that doesn't help until you get enough people high enough to get multiple hits. I'm going to have to grind even more this go round.