PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > RPG > Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
Subscribe    Donate

Old 12-27-2011, 05:50 AM   #151
Noob in the Sky

Noob in the Sky's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpinelesS View Post
Are you over level 30? I belive that is an important factor in this quest.
When the follower attacked I was certainly over 30; when I tried to initiate the quest later because it didn't start by reading the book I was already about 47-48.
Noob in the Sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 06:04 AM   #152
oooo yeah

oooo yeah's Gamercard
I brought back the sapling for the woman in Whiterun to replace the dead tree, now I have the sapling growing in the center but the graphic of the old fully grown dead tree is still there and all I can see is the leaves of new sapling as it grows protruding out.
oooo yeah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 04:57 AM   #153
Drewdude1023

Drewdude1023's Gamercard
Another Thieve's Guild quest that can be failed due to a glitch is one of the Misc. quests involving the White Phial. I had that quest on while just going around doing various things and after you finish the quest to repair the White Phial (SPOILER ALERT) the shopkeeper dies. Then if you continue on and finish the job involving the white phial, it says you killed the guy even though you clearly didn't.
Drewdude1023 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 07:17 AM   #154
smisis

Smisiss's Gamercard
Dark Brotherhood Glitch

In the Dark Brotherhood quest line, when I kill Ennodius Papius, it does not register. He is clearly dead, but the white arrow stays above his head - and the quest continues to have listed 'kill Ennodius Papius.' It seems to prevent me from advancing in the Dark Brotherhood quest line. I've tried reverting to prior saves (even saves prior to joining the Dark Brotherhood), killing him in multiple ways, soul trapping him, and nothing seems to work.
smisis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 08:32 AM   #155
Ice Car

Send a message via Skype™ to Ice Car

Ice Car's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
I have no idea what just happened...

I was in Breezehome and when I exited the house, I saved, and when I resumed, a guard who was passing by died. He just dropped dead, I didn't even move, I had my weapons down, and I hadn't moved (so it wasn't me stepping on something weird causing it to fly and kill him). Everytime I reload the save he dies. No matter what move I make he dies. I haven't figured out the cause, but I think it's because the guard was right in front of the door when I exited the house and he was "inside me" (no innuendo intended) and when he tried to exit he died through some glitch or something.

Also, when I first entered Faendal's house, this happened. Biggest wtf moment for me, lol. Portal? In MY Skyrim?

Old 12-28-2011, 01:28 PM   #156
talisker68

talisker68's Gamercard
Glitch Master Criminal European Achievement

Anyone have news for a patch that solve Master Criminal Achievement glitch in the european version of skyrim ?
talisker68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 11:56 PM   #157
francisrossi

francisrossi's Gamercard
After 154 hours, I got myself a lovely game-breaking bug in the Twilight Sepulchre. As much as I love the games, I'm sick of Bethesda using paying customers as beta testers.
Old 12-29-2011, 09:02 AM   #158
Kenelly

kenelly's Gamercard
When I go from Arcadia's Cauldron to Belethor's Shop, and then back out to go into Arcadia's again, it's locked and I have to pick it to get back in. This happens even during the opening hours. Not sure if this is a glitch/bug but it sure as hell is annoying.
Old 12-29-2011, 10:48 AM   #159
oooo yeah

oooo yeah's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenelly View Post
When I go from Arcadia's Cauldron to Belethor's Shop, and then back out to go into Arcadia's again, it's locked and I have to pick it to get back in. This happens even during the opening hours. Not sure if this is a glitch/bug but it sure as hell is annoying.
Just pickpocket her key and you won't have to worry about it.
Old 12-29-2011, 11:44 AM   #160
DoosMakhina

DayusMakhina's Gamercard
It appears at some point whilst doing Civil War quests Hadvar never stopped following me... have only just noticed (just finished Civil War) because have just fast travelled to White Run only to find him run up to me and follow me. Recruiting another follower doesn't make him disappear either... Anyone know how to fix this?
DoosMakhina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 03:22 PM   #161
francisrossi

francisrossi's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoosMakhina View Post
It appears at some point whilst doing Civil War quests Hadvar never stopped following me... have only just noticed (just finished Civil War) because have just fast travelled to White Run only to find him run up to me and follow me. Recruiting another follower doesn't make him disappear either... Anyone know how to fix this?
Quote:
Can get stuck following the player after Battle for Windhelm or another late Imperial quest. (He appears whenever the player enters Whiterun but appears not to follow them out of the zone [including interiors], just follows them around the city and Dragonsreach.) When you talk to him he says various things, such as "Glad you're here". A solution is to save a game while standing right next to him in Windhelm, and then load from that savegame
http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Hadvar

That worked for me, as he followed me around too.
Old 12-29-2011, 03:42 PM   #162
oooo yeah

oooo yeah's Gamercard
The Sanguine Rose (one of my favorite daedric weapons) won't work if you choose the conjuration perk "Elemental Potency." FUCK!!!! Too late to go back now as I chose that perk like 100 hours ago or something and only just got the staff.
So many glitches it makes me wonder if Bethesda did any testing at all. Some of the glitches mentioned in this thread are pretty rare so I can understand why they missed them, but some are so blatantly obvious and occur in nearly everybody's playthrough that they have no excuse. How many testers did they have for this game? Three? They should have had 100's to iron out all these bugs. They're making countless millions of dollars out of this so they can afford a few more testers!!!

Rant over.
Old 12-29-2011, 04:54 PM   #163
Flugruger

I didn't have any problems with glitches until about 70 hours in remarkably enough, but this problem is a big one as I now can't complete the Thieves Guild.

I did the Imperial questline, so in my arc Maven Black-Briar became the Jarl of Riften. I've also done the mission where you have to steal the horse and the documents from her house outside of town, killing a bunch of her guards in the process, now I'm wondering if this is the reason I'm having problems.

You see, I've now been told by that Thieves Guild fella that I've got to talk to her for information on the next quest, but whenever I try she straight up blanks me and won't say anything. Now I am totally stuck.
Flugruger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 08:21 PM   #164
kinjoking
Banned User

kinjothetaken's Gamercard
can anyone tell me why my level 81 archery has just gone down to 15 with no negative effects listed, deseases or poisons? its pissing me off as i have no idea why its gone down, one minute im killing a vampire, next minute i have no bow skills. and no im not suffering from any vampirism, ive checked everything.
kinjoking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 10:17 PM   #165
JimL2112

JimL2112's Gamercard
some glitches

(1) "Bound Until Death" Achievement (Dark Brotherhood)
Contract: Kill Narfi.
Contract: Kill Ennodius Papius.
Contract: Kill Beitild.
Mourning Never Comes
Whispers in the Dark Do a favour for Astrid.
GLITCH: Last objective in quest = "Receive a side contract from Nazir" and Astrid keeps saying "give me time to think, go get work from Nazir" but Nazir has no new jobs, he just keeps telling me "You smell like death brother."

(2) Discerning The Transmundane quest completed but the Attunement Sphere & Runed Lexicon cannot be removed from my inventory. Same with Finn's Lute & Pantea's Flute, I have turned in those items and have been given my skill upgrade rewards but items are still in inventory and cannot be dropped. Similar with Rjorn's Drum, but the guy will say "I've been looking for that drum for 20 years" but he will not take it and so he will not reward me. Gallus's Encoded Journal is likewise stuck in inventory though I finished the quest long ago.

(3) On my first Sweep Job, I manually saved before entering the house. I reloaded that save several times because I kept on getting seen. Final attempt = go in, snatch 3 items and get out with never being seen but when I turned in the job objectives have red X on each and the top paragraph states I was arrested and sent to the local jail... that never happened!!!

COMMENT ON THIS POST = = =
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axel 360
Delvin wont buy the Left Eye of Falmer from me, wich is the last
special trinket in the Thieves Guild Main Mission you will get. Pretty annoying.
Answer: I sold the Left Eye to Tonilia as it was in the menu for her.
JimL2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 02:42 AM   #166
Schism

Schism Octopus's Gamercard

I cant go unarmed. WTF. The spell will not exit the right hand, no matter what I do the right hand is always taken up by a spell. Either its a glitch or I'm dumb as shit. Its possibly the second.. T___T
Old 12-30-2011, 02:58 AM   #167
Matt36

MP Nemo36's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Promoter   2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)

Just wtf...
Old 12-30-2011, 09:25 AM   #168
Cee Reno

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimL2112 View Post

(2) Discerning The Transmundane quest completed but the Attunement Sphere & Runed Lexicon cannot be removed from my inventory. Same with Finn's Lute & Pantea's Flute, I have turned in those items and have been given my skill upgrade rewards but items are still in inventory and cannot be dropped. Similar with Rjorn's Drum, but the guy will say "I've been looking for that drum for 20 years" but he will not take it and so he will not reward me. Gallus's Encoded Journal is likewise stuck in inventory though I finished the quest long ago.
I can see why you would keep the Lexicon and Sphere (since Septimus dies so technically you can't 'give' it to him), also I noticed you can't remove the Elder Scroll even after you're done with it, so I guess regardless of Quest you keep the stuff. A bit annoying as the Scroll alone takes up 20 Weight Points and I like to stay as light as possible.
Cee Reno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 12:59 PM   #169
Kenelly

kenelly's Gamercard
Quote:
I noticed you can't remove the Elder Scroll even after you're done with it, so I guess regardless of Quest you keep the stuff. A bit annoying as the Scroll alone takes up 20 Weight Points and I like to stay as light as possible.
You can sell it to the guy in the library at the College of Winterhold for I think it's 2000g.
Old 12-31-2011, 06:25 PM   #170
Drucifer82

zI Drucifer Iz's Gamercard

So far my brother seems to be having an issue with training not working. He's paid for a total of 10 pickpocket trains from Silda the Unseen in Windhelm and gotten credit for 3. Anyone else have this problem?
As of 4/28/14 my Borderlands 2 trading post is officially closed. I am no longer boosting, trading, farming, etc on the Xbox360. I am entirely on the Xbox One now. If you want to play Xbox One with me, send a friend request with a message to GT zI Drucifer Iz (those are capital I's).

Last edited by Drucifer82; 12-31-2011 at 06:57 PM.
Drucifer82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 06:56 PM   #171
Drucifer82

zI Drucifer Iz's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt36 View Post
Sorry for double post...but i found this quite funny. I was doing the sneak 100 exploit with the greybeards just now and one, when down to 0 health, stumbled backwards in to a jug/vase/thing. The glitch being, he was stuck in it. It would follow him around and look like a dress almost. I took pics on my iPhone (playing on a TV) he eventually crouched down and it separated from him. He was getting stuck round corners too!

This is the second post I've seen about this exploit messing up your game, so if I might make a simple suggestion: stop exploiting the game.
As of 4/28/14 my Borderlands 2 trading post is officially closed. I am no longer boosting, trading, farming, etc on the Xbox360. I am entirely on the Xbox One now. If you want to play Xbox One with me, send a friend request with a message to GT zI Drucifer Iz (those are capital I's).

Drucifer82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 09:53 PM   #172
luckyfrank

frankie gibson's Gamercard
morvarth lair quest is crashing everytime, ive already being in here way back

any clues
luckyfrank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 10:54 AM   #173
rye007

burgerboyrye's Gamercard
hey guys,
I have 2 glitched missons so far.1 of them is totally screwed but the other is a companion quest. Its called hired muscle and i have to beat some one up to complete it.The problem is that the guy aint were he should be, instead there is just a arrow in mid air...I have checked over a dozen times but he is never there...
Does this mean that i can not continue with any companion quests?
Is there a way to bypass this?
rye007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 06:43 PM   #174
vehollehraptor

vehollehraptor's Gamercard
In the quest Reunification of Skyrim, I'm currently on 'Regain the Pale', except when I go to the Pale Legion Camp, Rikke won't set up the A False Front quest. Any way to fix this? :/
vehollehraptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 06:45 PM   #175
Matt36

MP Nemo36's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Promoter   2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Walking down a road and I found a floating dagger, couldn't hit it or pick it up...thought fair enough...until I found a floating sword a little further down :|
Old 01-02-2012, 10:07 PM   #176
JeppeBoy

JeppeBoy95's Gamercard
I can't complete the Trouble In Skyrim quest. It says "Return to Farkas", when I do I'm not given the option to complete the fucking quest.
So basically I'm fucked and there's nothing I can do. I fucking hope they patch this.
JeppeBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 10:32 PM   #177
Ice Car

Send a message via Skype™ to Ice Car

Ice Car's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeppeBoy View Post
I can't complete the Trouble In Skyrim quest. It says "Return to Farkas", when I do I'm not given the option to complete the fucking quest.
So basically I'm fucked and there's nothing I can do. I fucking hope they patch this.
http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Trouble_in_Skyrim

Quote:
If you have already killed the target NPC prior to obtaining the quest, you may find that Farkas never provides the option to complete the quest. Consequently, other Companions will not allow you to start new tasks, thereby making further progression with the Companions impossible. However, you may use the console to manually enable the next stage in the "main" quest line. First use the console to enter the command "setstage C01 0"; then, speak to Skjor. This seems to work, though other issues may or may not arise later (has not been thoroughly tested).
Old 01-03-2012, 06:09 AM   #178
Ryan191991

Ryan191991's Gamercard
Forsworn Conspiracy/Nobody Escapes Chinda Mine

Pretty major bug here. During the Forsworn Conspiracy a fight breaks out in the Treasury. Do not take part in this, doing so can cause the person who you are there to meet to become hostile the next time you meet (Sorry I cant remember his name). Which is at the end of "Nobody Escapes Chinda Mine". He has your entire invintory and he cannot be killed as he is a quest character. This can break your game, as any other quest items you have will be lost, (unknown if it includes main quest items, as I have it done). Dont know if there are any work arounds, as even if you do not go after him the city guards will constantly attack him.

Also I did not side with the Forsworn, so at least the guards were on my side.

Probably best to save before going into the treasury, then even if this does occur you can revert to a sort of recent save. If you rely on autosave, dont.

Last edited by Ryan191991; 01-03-2012 at 06:14 AM.
Ryan191991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 05:02 AM   #179
d4rlp3nc1l

Gh0sT B4cKFir3's Gamercard
GAMEBREAKER BUG

Okay so I finished the main quest only a level 16, and started to complete the side quests. One of the oldest side quests that I had available was called Shalidor's Insights.

I proceeded to Volskygge, and entered. I ran through Volskygge and cleared it out while finding the Shalidor's writings. I proceeded and tried to enter Volskygge Peak. Done loading, I'm outside and cannot move forward. I can spin, cast spells, shoot bows, but not walk forward. So I return back inside, and proceeded to return outside, thinking it will reset and allow me to pass.

But nope, When backtracking through Volskygge you hit the puzzle (snake, bear, fox, wolf) and the door that you entered is now closed. I cannot backtrack any further. So my only other option is to fast travel once I hit the peak, which I am allowed to do, but the bug where I can't move forward is also present.

VIDEO
http://youtu.be/0mBPvJXf_eI

UPDATE: After taking the rest of the night off, (last night) I reloaded my saves, and everything is clear, except for my horse who wonders around when ever I get off of him.

Last edited by d4rlp3nc1l; 01-05-2012 at 07:50 AM. Reason: added video
d4rlp3nc1l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 09:22 PM   #180
cxnk

MasterJason2412's Gamercard
havent found a glitch yet

I am a level 30 and have not ran into a single glitch yet... idk if the update fixed all of your problems or what...
cxnk is offline   Reply With Quote