PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 LIVE Arcade Games > Action > All Zombies Must Die!
Subscribe    Donate

Old 01-03-2012, 09:38 PM   #1
Bum Commando

Bum Commando's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
This game is okay at best

My experience with the game so far has been very mediocre and frustrating. While the games twin stick shooter mechanic is fairly solid there are super frustrating aspects to the game that cloud this over. The characters take forever to level up and when you do theres virtually no reward. All of the games weapons seem really underpowered, have super tiny clips/damage rates and aside from the shotgun most are useless as the game progresses. The zombies spawn way too fast so when you get swarmed or find yourself in a tight space then your screwed (youd think theyd have taken note of left 4 deads shover mechanic or something similar to counterract this no?). Rachel has to be the weakest character to do quests with and she dies faster than the zombies do. If you die in an area you have to restart at the beginning and lose all of your exp points and in order to progress to another area you have to complete a kill X zombies under X conditions quest. Considering it takes well over 1000 zombie kills to reach even the lowest levels the grind is a chore. The game embraces mediocrity and its simply that. The quests are all grinds and if I didn't just shell out 800msp for it I wouldn't have any incentive to complete the 200g. Not that I expected amazing things from this game or anything. I just expected it to be a shy bit better than mediocre and at least enjoyable with its light RPG elements but it fails to really even manage that after a point. Just thought id throw out an opinion for anyone considering buying the game.

Quote:
"The dumber people think you are, the more suprised they are going to be when you kill them."
-William Clayton

Last edited by Bum Commando; 01-03-2012 at 09:40 PM.
Bum Commando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 09:45 PM   #2
dfkitty11

blondepoet11's Gamercard
I was thinking about buying this game, but now I think I will rent it from blockbuster to see how it is first. Thanks for sharing your opinion.
dfkitty11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 10:06 PM   #3
[Waggly Bean]

Waggly Bean's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dfkitty11 View Post
I was thinking about buying this game, but now I think I will rent it from blockbuster to see how it is first.
Good luck renting an Arcade game...

[Waggly Bean] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 06:14 AM   #4
MabusScarab

Mabus Incarnate's Gamercard
Blockbuster still exists?

I gotta agree for the most part with what was mentioned above. I wanted to like this game more than I did, hoping more for an experience to the classic "Zombies ate my neighbors" with a decent variety of usable weapons. Nothing irks me more in a game when you get the best weapon first, which in this case was the shotgun. I found everything else pretty much useless with the exception of the chainsaw. Even so, my starting weapon from the start to the finish of the game was a variety of shotgun.

I do give the game credit for it's moments of humor, the text dialog at times did make me laugh. Also the use of status effects that can transform zombies into different varieties of mutants was reasonably original and added a small uniqueness to the title.

I'd expect to see it as a deal of the week within the next few months, and it can wait until then if you haven't already picked it up.
MabusScarab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 04:58 PM   #5
Psi Hightower

Psi Hightower's Gamercard
I played the demo with my girlfriend and my sister and both of them hated it.

"There's too much talking" they said, among other things.

I'm not paying 800msp to play alone dammit!
Psi Hightower is offline   Reply With Quote