PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 LIVE Arcade Games > Action > TMNT 1989 Arcade
Subscribe    Donate

Old 09-18-2008, 02:40 PM   #1
hezeuschrist

hezeuschrist's Gamercard
Strategy - Kill Krang losing 10 health or less - Question

Ok, so I'm trying to do this offline with two controllers by myself. Get to Krang with little health, let him kill the turtle that needs the achievement, get Krang way low on health, bring other turtle back, kill him.

My problem is I always misjudge how many more hits he's got left, and he ends up going straight to my stationary turtle and beating the snot out of him. Can I bring the turtle back as soon as Krang dies and grabs his head, or does the turtle have to be in during the last hit?

hezeuschrist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 08:50 PM   #2
Slipknot1988

Send a message via MSN to Slipknot1988

Slipknot1988's Gamercard
I'm pretty sure you need to bring him back before you kill him. If I were you, I'd play again as a practise just to see how "flashy" he gets before he dies then play it for real and bring him back when he gets just as "flashy". If you still can't do it, message me on Xbox and I can help you. I need a few of the achievements too.

100%
Castle Crashers
Destructomatch
Halo 3
Lego Batman
Lego Indiana Jones
SoulCalibur IV
Surf's Up
TMNT 1989
TMNT 2007
Slipknot1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 03:08 PM   #3
hezeuschrist

hezeuschrist's Gamercard
I think I suck too much to get this one online... I can never make it to Krang

If you're up for trying though, I still need the 250 points on an XBL game, send me a friend request and I might be able to get to it sometime this weekend.

hezeuschrist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008, 02:10 AM   #4
arachnophilia

Send a message via ICQ to arachnophilia Send a message via AIM to arachnophilia Send a message via MSN to arachnophilia Send a message via Yahoo to arachnophilia

xiphosura's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
speaking of suck, this is the single most epic fail thing i have ever done trying to get an achievement.

i signed my brother's account in, and played with two controllers. somehow i failed at getting this achievement, but in the process of trying to get it for myself, got it for my brother. then, i did it again with turtle soup. i cannot seem to get either for myself, but i accidentally got both for my brother.
arachnophilia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 09:21 PM   #5
Divine Infekt

Divine Infect's Gamercard
i cant seem to get this to work, does the stationary player have to hit krang at least once? and does krang have to kill him or can the player be killed by say a foot soldier and then brought back before krang dies?
Batman: AA - Batman: AC (1500) - Bioshock (1100) - COD3 - COD4 - Dead Island (1250) - Deus Ex: HR (1250) - Fallout 3 (1550) - Gears of War (1250) - GOW2 (1750) - GOW3 (2000) - Left 4 Dead (1500) - L4D2 (1500) - Midway Arcade Origins - Mirror's Edge (1250) - Mortal Kombat - MKvsDCU - Payday 2 - PDZ - Portal 2 - Remember Me - Simpsons - Wet

100% Arcade:
Contra - Hexic HD - MK Arcade - Perfect Dark (201%) - Portal - Simpsons - TMNT 1989 - UMK3 - Walking Dead
Divine Infekt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 01:06 AM   #6
Achiever TM

Achiever TM's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Gold   Referrals - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1   A+ Thread Award
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
the stationary player do not need to hit the boss, just need to be alive at the beggining and at the end of the fight..i got this achievement easily playing alone, you just need to step up - the boss go after you - attack - the boss freeze a second, step down and repeat the process till he die!this was the method i used to beat most part of this game bosses!
Old 06-10-2009, 08:59 PM   #7
galve666

mr galve's Gamercard
Ok, so i just bagged this achievement, and after blood sweat and tears, i finally found an easy way offline/single player. This is what i did:
Before i start, p1 refers to the account that's gonna get the achievement, And p2 is second controller/account that won't get it.

1/ Simply play through the game with p1, until you are in the technodrome and facing the soldier looking guy who busts through the door.

2/beat the hell out of him till he is flashing, now let him take you down until you have one single bar of health (kicks and the eletric bars take your health down by 2 every time, but the rocket takes 3).

3/Once you have the single bar, kill him using the up/down method,(if he kills you, repeat step 2)then the moment he dies bring in p2.

NOTE: krang takes 54 hits to kill.

4/The moment the next stage starts, hit Krang with p1, YOU MUST MAKE CONTACT. Now let p1 die. Continue to pound this guy with p2 a further 52 times, Bring back p1, he'll go straight for p1(no idea why) leaving p2 a free hit.
achievement unlocked.
Let me know if this helps, Or if further explantation is needed, Thank you.

Last edited by galve666; 07-10-2009 at 12:23 AM.
galve666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 05:47 AM   #8
essfjay

Quote:
Originally Posted by galve666 View Post
Ok, so i just bagged this achievement, and after blood sweat and tears, i finally found an easy way offline/single player. This is what i did:
Before i start, p1 refers to the account that's gonna get the achievement, And p2 is second controller/account that won't get it.

1/ Simply play through the game with p1, until you are in the technodrome and facing the soldier looking guy who busts through the door.

2/beat the hell out of him till he is flashing, now let him take you down until you have one single bar of health (kicks and the eletric bars take your health down by 2 every time, but the rocket takes 3).

3/Once you have the single bar, kill him using the up/down method,(if he kills you, repeat step 2)then the moment he dies bring in p2.

4/The moment the next stage starts, hit Krang with p1, YOU MUST MAKE CONTACT. Now let p1 die. Continue to pound this guy with p2 a further 52 times, Bring back p1, he'll go straight for p1(no idea why) leaving p2 a free hit.
achievement unlocked.
wow what a great guide man! i spent 3 hours trying to get this achievement then finally looked around and followed your guide and got the achievement the first try! only achievement i need left is real ultimate power :] thanks again man!
essfjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 12:31 PM   #9
galve666

mr galve's Gamercard
wow what a great guide man! i spent 3 hours trying to get this achievement then finally looked around and followed your guide and got the achievement the first try! only achievement i need left is real ultimate power :] thanks again man!

glad to see it helps dude
Old 01-11-2011, 05:09 PM   #10
rbomb19

rbomb19's Gamercard
This achievement sucks. I had absolutley no problem with Lofty Goal, Evade, and Turtle Soup. But, for some odd reason when I try to two controller method I have been unsucessful 0-3 in bagging this achievement. I BELIEVE he takes 54 hits to die, and when I make it around 52 or 53 I spawn my primary controller and hide in a corner...still no achievment. I have also hit him with my primary controller for the 54th hit...nothing yet. I'll keep trying. AHHHHHHHH
rbomb19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 06:43 PM   #11
rbomb19

rbomb19's Gamercard
Okay I also epic failed and was able to get this achievement with my SECOND ACCOUNT. How and why is this possible when I was trying to get it for my account?

Can anybody tell me what I'm doing wrong?
rbomb19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 06:28 AM   #12
regulardrake

Zalinth MWS's Gamercard
Quote:

achievement unlocked.
Was having trouble with this achievement, after reading this post, got it on the 2nd try. 1st time I miss counted hits. Thanks for the tip man!

regulardrake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 09:02 PM   #13
Rcorm03

Rcorm03's Gamercard
Quote:

achievement unlocked.
THAN YOU SO MUCH FOR THESE AMAZING GUIDE! These are impossible to do with the way the want you too, over 7 respawns with the 2nd turtle and s dozen play thru and i gave up on this chevvos. got them all for the loss heath battles on the1st try.
kudos bro
Rcorm03 is offline   Reply With Quote