Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Asura's Wrath
Subscribe    Donate

Old 01-11-2012, 03:19 AM   #1
diazt350

diazt350's Gamercard
Wink Opinions so far

Have to say after playing the demo I cant wait for this game The second boss was so fun and the part where his sword went through the earth was awesome haha. What are your guys opinion on the game ?

NNID:deathkwondo35
3DS FC:2964-8582-4635
diazt350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 03:23 AM   #2
DarkReign2021
Banned User

DarkReign2021's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
this game is freak in ridiculous. Haven't seen this much crazy since Bayonetta. Definitely gonna be picking this one up. No way I'm passing up a chance to get an artistic and unique game like this. Be nice to get away from all the damn military shooters.
DarkReign2021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 03:53 AM   #3
diazt350

diazt350's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkReign2021 View Post
this game is freak in ridiculous. Haven't seen this much crazy since Bayonetta. Definitely gonna be picking this one up. No way I'm passing up a chance to get an artistic and unique game like this. Be nice to get away from all the damn military shooters.
I know right ? This game is just fantastic and crazy if kingdoms of amular demo dissapoints then this is day one for sure ! Cant wait to see what other bosses there are . Hopefully the game isnt too short thats my only concern so far

NNID:deathkwondo35
3DS FC:2964-8582-4635
diazt350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 06:33 AM   #4
Allen Poe

Allen Poe's Gamercard
after playing the demo... I'm deleting this from my gamefly queue. it's just a huge sequence of quicktime events. the art style is awesome, and the over the top ridiculousness of the action is great, but the actual gameplay... eh. if they made this into an anime I'd watch it religiously.
Old 01-11-2012, 12:03 PM   #5
Fang Foom

Fang Foom's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allen Poe View Post
after playing the demo... I'm deleting this from my gamefly queue. it's just a huge sequence of quicktime events. the art style is awesome, and the over the top ridiculousness of the action is great, but the actual gameplay... eh. if they made this into an anime I'd watch it religiously.

When I first played this I did think it was mostly qte sequences but the sheer madness and epicness won me over. Plus I felt awesome whupping ass (even though I was just mashin the right buttons.)

Fighting one boss, some soldiers attack and you fight them like you would any other game so hopefully there's norm combat too!
Fang Foom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 12:18 PM   #6
ll Dem3nted ll

ll Dem3nted ll's Gamercard
I'm thinking the qte sequences will only be in the boss battles.
ll Dem3nted ll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 01:10 PM   #7
Echilion

If the demo turns out to be a good indicator of the final product, I probably won't get it.

Too many QTE. But I'll wait for reviews

Last edited by Echilion; 01-11-2012 at 03:36 PM.
Echilion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 03:19 PM   #8
Hoborg
Banned User

TBH i wasn't that interested in it to begin with but the demo was pretty bad. Way, way, way too many QTEs
Hoborg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 03:42 PM   #9
CrossBronxExpwy

CrossBronxExpwy's Gamercard
I was curious how many times I could put my controller down, not participate in the QTE, and the game would still progress as if I had; was stunned when the answer was more than 'zero.'

No thank you.
CrossBronxExpwy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 07:19 PM   #10
SLaXeH

SLaXeH's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
I thought that the demo was amazing. :3 Sure, there were a lot of QTEs, but the demo also only had boss battles, so I'm sure there are less in regular gameplay.

The soundtrack though...mm-mm good. I mean, c'mon. Any game that uses Dvorak's New World Symphony HAS to be amazing.

SLaXeH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 09:09 PM   #11
Calib4n

LordCalib4n's Gamercard
I couldn't believe it, this game is ridiculous. It's like they tried to make it be so serious and "grand" in scope, it turns out being laughable. Asura must be the retarded child of Kratos and an asian hog.
Before I tried this demo, I used "pants-on-head retarded" as an expression for something beyond terrible, I shall use "Asura retarded" from now on.
I could not refrain myself from laughing all the way through the demo, it looks that silly.
I wanted to buy this day 1, but I think I'll probably be getting it when it's 10 bucks for teh ultimate *DOOOOOOOHHHHH Y Y B A A X X X <- LS RS->* LOLZ. (and 1k GS)
Calib4n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 09:11 PM   #12
vex1282

Moonshine Vex's Gamercard
I thought the demo was alright. Nothing spectacular.
vex1282 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 10:44 PM   #13
WREQUIEM

wrequ1em's Gamercard
wasn't gonna get it played the demo gettin it.
ANY MAN WOULD.
WREQUIEM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 10:45 PM   #14
WREQUIEM

wrequ1em's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrossBronxExpwy View Post
I was curious how many times I could put my controller down, not participate in the QTE, and the game would still progress as if I had; was stunned when the answer was more than 'zero.'

No thank you.
QTE's are preeeeetty important.
Old 01-12-2012, 05:29 AM   #15
Matt36

MP Nemo36's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Promoter   2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Its just made me LOL! Love it!
Old 01-12-2012, 10:24 PM   #16
Bunglist

Hardy Bunglist's Gamercard
The demo has pretty much killed any interest I had in this game. I got so bored I didn't even finish it.
Bunglist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 10:07 AM   #17
Matt36

MP Nemo36's Gamercard

Really? ^ =/
Old 01-13-2012, 09:42 PM   #18
FroZeNSouL

FroZeNSouL's Gamercard
I agree the QTEs might get a bit boring, but I think the game will b relativly varied.
Willi put on my profile thou if I don't see clarification on "a certain number" and secret cheevos, I doubt

Please msg if working on:GTA4, GTA5, All GoW
FroZeNSouL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 03:58 PM   #19
tankoman

Tankoman's Gamercard
I really enjoyed the crazy Japanese god killing demo, yes there were quick time events, but at the end of the day i still had fun.

100% Retail: Mass Effect 3, Bully: Scholarship Edition, Dante's Inferno, Borderlands, Fallout 3 (+ DLC), Tron Evolution, Need for Speed: Most Wanted, Prince Of Persia: The Forgotten Sands, Tomb Raider Legend, Mass Effect 2 (+ DLC) 100% Arcade: Pacman Championship DX, Dead Rising Case Zero, Soulcalibur, 1 VS 100, Harms Way.
tankoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 07:08 PM   #20
WREQUIEM

wrequ1em's Gamercard
very surprised at the amount of people that don't like qte's especially since there's not much games with them anymore, whateva i really enjoyed them.

Last edited by WREQUIEM; 01-15-2012 at 05:46 PM.
Old 01-15-2012, 04:28 AM   #21
Auburok

Send a message via Skype™ to Auburok

auburok's Gamercard

Wasn't really expecting too much before the demo. Played the demo. I noticed that the boss battles didn't have too much actual game play, but as for being actually entertained, this more than fit the bill. The bosses aren't hard, but I don't think this game is intended to be hard. Not "hard" like Dark Souls cheapness or "hard" like Bayonetta's chaos management.

I pay to be entertained, not endlessly eat up time, though sometimes that happens (Tales of Vesperia, Skyrim, etc). With the over saturation of modern war/post apocalyptic/RPG FPS games out there, I'm really looking forward to this; it's a nice break from "samey" stuff, over and over again.

I expect this game to get flak for the QTEs, though. People tend to hate them based on their existence alone. After all, Resident Evil 4 was filled to the fucking brim with pointless and anti-climactic QTEs, but it's the only game people tend to call it a masterpiece despite a quarter of the game revolving around mashing a button and pressing another at predefined time so you could avoid hearing Leon's death orgasm. I don't mind QTEs if I get a decent show.

Yeah, I'll be getting this.

Auburok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 08:06 AM   #22
Evo Kazz

II Kazz II's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Arcade Crazy - Silver   Over Achiever - Platinum   Donator - Level 1   5,000 Posts   Staff Club - DEG23   Staff Club - Madhatters13   Staff Club - Shinobi273   Staff Club - DeekBoy   Staff Club - Rajeanero   Staff Club - Minty   Staff Club - Tyger7   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 3
Total Awards: 27 (more» ...)
Bought it in the end, fantastic

Arcade Crazy - 26 - Over Achiever - 54 - XB1 Points - 63
Franchise Clubs - 7x Tier 1, 3x Tier 2, 1x Tier 3
Staff Clubs - 11

Last edited by Evo Kazz; 07-19-2013 at 11:05 PM.
Evo Kazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 07:29 PM   #23
Myviewing

SupplelyGrain3's Gamercard
I've played the demo a few days ago and it wasn't too bad. It relied a lot on quick time events and a story that I wasn't able to follow, but maybe there's more to the game than just this? I don't know about buying it especially since I have other purchases planned, but maybe I'll consider this one in the end if it has a lot of gameplay value or gets discounted.
Myviewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 01:29 PM   #24
Matt36

MP Nemo36's Gamercard

If only the KoA demo was this much fun!
Old 01-20-2012, 05:11 PM   #25
a blind beggar

a blind beggar's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt36 View Post
If only the KoA demo was this much fun!
If only the KoA demo worked! . Mine kept skipping dialogue, lagging then froze 10 minutes into the free time.

The devs of this game said that each episode would be like an episode of anime, that's what they're going for and I enjoyed it. It's like a cross between God of War and Heavy Rain.
Old 01-21-2012, 11:07 PM   #26
im your density
Banned User

im your density's Gamercard
I'm not sure, to be frank. It seemed the only way to defeat bosses was through use of ONLY quick time events. Its as though i'm not even playing the game, but instead repeatedly pushing the same button over and over again.
im your density is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 11:00 AM   #27
L Invictus

L Invictus's Gamercard
I checked out the demo, and I gotta say the action had me pretty interested. The backstory had a nice feel and flow to it, and the visuals and concepts within the game are pretty interesting - especially with such beautiful scenery, graphics, and amazing looking characters. However, I was a bit concerned by the how the boss battles played out, an example being his projectile aim/functions. The fight against his mentor was pretty intense once you got yourself into it, but unfortunately I wasn't really able to actually participate as much as I would have liked in these battles. The whole QTE section has a Naruto: Ultimate Ninja Storm 2 feel to it - which is obvious, considering it's source, but it doesn't seem as open in the boss battles as UNS2 was. Then again, we were only shown a preview of the boss battles - a work that was still in progress at the time that the demo was made. I think that this game has potential - wonderful potential in fact, but only for those who are truly willing to give this somewhat new form of gameplay a chance and enjoy it as it goes along, rather than simply comparing it to other games that have QTEs. Personally I just hope that they didn't take that entire episodes concept too seriously and made a majority of the game feel as if you're just slightly involved in the game while treating your controller like it's a part-time TV remote. That would be a pretty unfortunate outcome for those who are first day buyers/pre-order buyers. Aside from that, I say bring on the rage, and make him a special character in Street Fighter x Tekken!!!
L Invictus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 02:12 PM   #28
Doopliss SWE

doopliss swe's Gamercard
The demo makes it seems like an interactive movie instead of a game, and frankly, I'm OK with that.
Doopliss SWE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 02:15 PM   #29
antwon707

Send a message via MSN to antwon707

antwon707's Gamercard
Now!

it can't come out soon enough. I watch a video on it like every couple days. Game looks intense. I didn't even know about the demo so hhhyeaahhh!
antwon707 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 10:20 AM   #30
Density Jo

Density Jo's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doopliss SWE View Post
The demo makes it seems like an interactive movie instead of a game, and frankly, I'm OK with that.
this is exactly what i was going to say, the QTE and the 2nd boss battle was really epic and awesome...1st boss battle was boring tho

50,000G Achieved on 01/06/2011 by "The best pirate I've ever seen" Achievement (LEGO Pirates)
70,000G Achieved on 20/10/2012 by "Sage" Achievement (AC: Revelations)
Xbox Died in 2012 so I cant be bothered to buy a 4th one in case that one dies as well
Moved to PS3 now, sorry, PSN DensityJo if you want to get in touch

Density Jo is offline   Reply With Quote