PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood > The Da Vinci Disappearance
Subscribe    Donate

Old 10-26-2011, 06:02 AM   #1
nicidee

DaisyDukeDee78's Gamercard
Angry Gatekeeper 100% sync help please

So, all you have to do for 100% sync in this mission is...lower three gates (which take like 4 seconds each while you're just standing there holding B) while being attacked by a gazillion guards, THEN finish killing the gazillion guards. Oh yeah - and do all of this WITHOUT TAKING ANY DAMAGE??? Just when I thought it couldn't possibly get any worse than the tank & the Flying Machine.

Does anyone have any tips for this? One time I was able to get all the gates open - using 1 arrow storm right at the beginning, plus all 3 of my smoke bombs (1 for each gate). But after I did that and it said "Now kill the rest of the guards" I was like Oh f-- me. I tried just running from them and getting up on the rooftops so I could shoot w/ranged weapons, but they chased me up there and I got cornered, and I think I actually fell off onto the other side of the wall and desynced.

I really hope there is a way to this where you don't have to fight a group of guards and counter-kill/dodge/kill-streak... I am really bad at fighting and I know I'll get hit at least once with that many guards around.
nicidee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 10:18 AM   #2
Yemeth

YEME7H's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Referrals - Silver   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
practice well enough to fight the guards on the ground without taking damage.

Counter them so they die quickly. Doesn't matter how many there are, you should be able to take on a whole bunch of them without getting hurt because they will attack you in turns.
Old 10-26-2011, 07:43 PM   #3
nicidee

Thanks for the tips...I think this will just have to be another one of those "infinite hours of practice makes perfect" missions. I also figured out that if I save my Arrow Storm for the fight (rather than using it right in the beginning like I had been doing), that will take out quite a few of them so I won't be so overwhelmed. I will be going back at this one later tonight so, fingers crossed...
Old 10-27-2011, 02:50 PM   #4
PsychoKnight666

PsychoKnight666's Gamercard
The best way i found was use your smoke bombs, make sure you have 3 it gives you enough time to lower gate and start running to next gate somke bomb again run to next .... once the third is done you cant be hit two ways to do this call a arrow storm or all your assassin to the fight and if you want just run up the building to escape all the guards till they have been all taken out if you dont want to fight and risk getting hit .... Smoke Bombs and Assassian Storm for this mission
PsychoKnight666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 08:25 PM   #5
nicidee

Thanks for the tips. I finally got it - using the Arrow Storm helped tremendously bc then the number of guards to fight is actually manageable. I was so mad though bc the first time I got through the main fighting mission, I screwed up on the horseback riding part and had to do the whole thing over again!
Old 11-23-2011, 08:17 AM   #6
erod550

erod550's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by PsychoKnight666 View Post
The best way i found was use your smoke bombs, make sure you have 3 it gives you enough time to lower gate and start running to next gate somke bomb again run to next .... once the third is done you cant be hit two ways to do this call a arrow storm or all your assassin to the fight and if you want just run up the building to escape all the guards till they have been all taken out if you dont want to fight and risk getting hit .... Smoke Bombs and Assassian Storm for this mission
I apparently didn't have Arrow Storm yet at this point in the story because I don't have the option when replaying the mission. I used smoke bombs though and that made it easy to get the gates closed. Then just counterkill one at a time. You have to be really careful if you go for execution chains as it leaves you vulnerable for one of the other enemies to attack. If you just counterkill one at a time they don't get the chance to hit you. Got this on the 3rd try after I figured out to start using smoke bombs.
Old 12-02-2011, 01:00 PM   #7
B0seiju

b0seiju's Gamercard
After being stuck quiet a time on this mission, I figured using the three smoke bombs for the gates is right, after that don't go for the arrowstorm, but just call all of your assassin's to battle, you even can do this right in the beginning of the battle, they'll finish it up while you climb around and try to evade enemies.
B0seiju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 10:15 AM   #8
Lucifer Adams

Lucifer Adams's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Yeah, smoke bombs and calling in your Assassins / Arrow Storm is all you need to do.
As soon as you get control of your character run to the first gate and drop a smokebomb then close it with. Then just repeat on the next two gates and once the last gate is down just head for the rooftop and use your RB to Arrow Storm if you have it, or call in your Assassins.
Using this method I didn't have to fight anyone.

Lucifer Adams is offline   Reply With Quote