PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 LIVE Arcade Games > Adventure > Amy
Subscribe    Donate

Old 01-12-2012, 04:37 AM   #31
Outinthedark

Outinthedark's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Bronze   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Confirmed, achievement difficulties stack.

UGH...you can't replay chapters, what the hell...

Last edited by Outinthedark; 01-12-2012 at 04:46 AM.
Outinthedark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 04:45 AM   #32
R3vengeance

R3vengeance's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Outinthedark View Post
Nicely done!
R3vengeance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 05:17 AM   #33
Ayx

ayxism's Gamercard
This will be one of the few games that I'll 200 and I'll happily delete this game.

So glad it stacks. <3

i r guy. || XBLA & Fighting Game addict.
Ayx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 04:19 PM   #34
Outinthedark

Outinthedark's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Bronze   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Awww Auto Update ruined uploads 3 and 6. Oh well. Starting again today. Will finish text guide too.
Old 01-12-2012, 05:35 PM   #35
Slayinfool

I can't even finish chapter 2 on normal because I keep setting off the stupid alarm on the so called "simple puzzle" at the end of the level. Is there no way to hide from the soldier? You get one shot at the hack and if you mess it up he kills you and I have to run through half the chapter again. It's getting so frustrating.
Slayinfool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 06:29 PM   #36
Ayx

ayxism's Gamercard
Checkpoints are so scarse that I recommend having Checkpoint whenever there is one during the Text Walkthrough. For the sanity of the people reading the text guide.

Old 01-12-2012, 06:30 PM   #37
Outinthedark

Outinthedark's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayinfool View Post
I can't even finish chapter 2 on normal because I keep setting off the stupid alarm on the so called "simple puzzle" at the end of the level. Is there no way to hide from the soldier? You get one shot at the hack and if you mess it up he kills you and I have to run through half the chapter again. It's getting so frustrating.
The puzzle is easy. Just a substitution solution. I didn't fail so I had no idea he came back. Try using the Mute power? Should have 3 uses of Mute and I never really needed to use it.
Old 01-12-2012, 06:31 PM   #38
Outinthedark

Outinthedark's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayx View Post
Checkpoints are so scarse that I recommend having Checkpoint whenever there is one during the Text Walkthrough. For the sanity of the people reading the text guide.
I'm adding that in, don't worry. I'm rewatching my videos to go along with the text.
Old 01-12-2012, 06:33 PM   #39
Ayx

ayxism's Gamercard
I had hoped to wake up early to start trying Amy on Hard since they stack. Already 2pm though.. maybe just chapter one.

Are all Amy's powers that dumb sphere shooting sequence? Because holy shit those things just breathe inaccurate whenever I shoot them. Out of three if I manage to get one where I want (Excluding the Windows, those are easy) I celebrate.'

Also, just for visual feedback. Most people read the Roadmap before the Controls, since most just want to see the difficulty and time frame then decide if they want to continue reading. I know I've done it tons of times.

10-15 hours has to be with video guide and that's a stretch IMO. Me and Annalie were playing Chapter 2 for hours and hours and around midnight she told me she finally completed it. Unless you're pretty sure that Chapter 3&4 can be done with less trial and errors than 2&5. Is 6 just the Final Boss Battle or is it another 30 minutes or survival? You're truly a warrior for beating it on Hard in one go...

Last edited by Ayx; 01-12-2012 at 06:37 PM.
Old 01-12-2012, 06:44 PM   #40
Outinthedark

Outinthedark's Gamercard

Quote:
I had hoped to wake up early to start trying Amy on Hard since they stack. Already 2pm though.. maybe just chapter one.

Are all Amy's powers that dumb sphere shooting sequence? Because holy shit those things just breathe inaccurate whenever I shoot them. Out of three if I manage to get one where I want (Excluding the Windows, those are easy) I celebrate.'

Also, just for visual feedback. Most people read the Roadmap before the Controls, since most just want to see the difficulty and time frame then decide if they want to continue reading. I know I've done it tons of times.

10-15 hours has to be with video guide and that's a stretch IMO. Me and Annalie were playing Chapter 2 for hours and hours and around midnight she told me she finally completed it. Unless you're pretty sure that Chapter 3&4 can be done with less trial and errors than 2&5. Is 6 just the Final Boss Battle or is it another 30 minutes or survival? You're truly a warrior for beating it on Hard in one go...
It took me roughly 10-15 hours. I have no idea what anyone will experience with the guides so I can change it once someone give me feedback.

Chapter 3 is Trial and Error hell but I didn't die, took me an hour ish according to the video length. Chapter 4 was so memorable I don't actually remember it. -_-

Chapter 6 is indeed just the boss. Which is stupid. That video will finish in ~20 mins the others have a few hours away.

OMGAH, Chapter 4 is the Metro, that's why I've blocked it from my memory.

Last edited by Outinthedark; 01-12-2012 at 06:48 PM.
Old 01-12-2012, 07:05 PM   #41
Ayx

ayxism's Gamercard
Well, I'll try to time my Hard Playthrough with your guides around me most of the time and I'll give you a rough estimate.

I mean as long as Chapter 3 isn't as difficult as Ch2 Check1 then it should be just a few hours (or an hour) at best. Knowing what's ahead of you (in my case) shaves off easily an hour for me.

How long is the final boss battle? (On Hard ofc. The boss has to be able to take more hits on Hard)

&& is Ch4 bad? :c Man this game.

I wonder if Hard is only more Zombies per session and it's Two Hit Kill from them? I'm so used to getting knocked the fuck out by the Soldier so much I'd jump ceilings to actually be able to take a hit. Cause I get contaminated pretty damn fast in Normal, I dunno on hard.

Old 01-12-2012, 07:17 PM   #42
Outinthedark

Outinthedark's Gamercard

Quote:
Well, I'll try to time my Hard Playthrough with your guides around me most of the time and I'll give you a rough estimate.

I mean as long as Chapter 3 isn't as difficult as Ch2 Check1 then it should be just a few hours (or an hour) at best. Knowing what's ahead of you (in my case) shaves off easily an hour for me.

How long is the final boss battle? (On Hard ofc. The boss has to be able to take more hits on Hard)

&& is Ch4 bad? :c Man this game.

I wonder if Hard is only more Zombies per session and it's Two Hit Kill from them? I'm so used to getting knocked the fuck out by the Soldier so much I'd jump ceilings to actually be able to take a hit. Cause I get contaminated pretty damn fast in Normal, I dunno on hard.
The bottle neck at the moment is my upload speed is just not that amazing so these are taking ~8 hours a piece to upload.

I was honestly surprised I didn't die in Chapter 3, but it certainly was initially quite challenging. YMMV of course. All of my videos were on Hard, in comparison it took me ~35 minutes on Hard for chapter 1, I ran through it on easy in 10-15 minutes yesterday just trying to get to Chapter 2 so I could get the "Where Are You?" achievement and capture it on video.

Oh yeah Chapter 4 and 5 got me very frustrated. Thing is though it's all subjective now that I know what to do. I can run through this game easily now.

Chapter 6 just got done processing. Adding it to the OP. Took me ~6-10 minutes on Hard after dying what 2-3 dozen times.
Old 01-12-2012, 09:13 PM   #43
Ayx

ayxism's Gamercard
It's cool, I plan to play the game this weekend (Well Saturday at least, maybe tomorrow.) To play this game, thankfully it's my only Horror Title, because it's definitely going to be my last.

They really should have put a checkpoint inbetween every puzzle. Not 3-4 puzzles in between. .-.

Old 01-12-2012, 10:16 PM   #44
Annalie

Send a message via MSN to Annalie Send a message via Yahoo to Annalie

Sarena89's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Tyger7   Staff Club - Shinobi273   Staff Club - AOS Puck   1,000 Posts   Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Quote:
There is a desk in the room. if you trip the alarm.. hide there. and be quick, he will shut it off and leave.
Old 01-12-2012, 10:31 PM   #45
Outinthedark

Outinthedark's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annalie View Post
There is a desk in the room. if you trip the alarm.. hide there. and be quick, he will shut it off and leave.
If you can tell me more, I can add it to the text guide at least. I never did this.
Old 01-13-2012, 12:25 AM   #46
Slayinfool

Quote:
Thank you, forgot about hiding under tables!

Edit: I recommend placing Amy under the table first before hacking the computer. This way you don't have to worry about grabbing her hand. The solier comes in the room quickly if you set off the alarm.

Last edited by Slayinfool; 01-13-2012 at 01:37 AM.
Slayinfool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 12:41 AM   #47
Tridenter

Tridenter's Gamercard
Quote:

UGH...you can't replay chapters, what the hell...
You can replay chapters - you just have to do it on the difficulty you've already beat it on. If you beat Chapter 2 on Easy, you can't just replay it on Normal or Hard.
Tridenter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 01:00 AM   #48
Outinthedark

Outinthedark's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tridenter View Post
You can replay chapters - you just have to do it on the difficulty you've already beat it on. If you beat Chapter 2 on Easy, you can't just replay it on Normal or Hard.
After you complete the game you cannot replay a certain chapter. It simply started a new campaign for me when I selected Adventure > Easy.

Ah I see now, you can only replay for the difficult you played, I was thinking like every other stinkin game I can replay a chapter at any lower difficulty.

Last edited by Outinthedark; 01-13-2012 at 02:13 AM.
Old 01-13-2012, 01:37 AM   #49
Chazboski

Chazboski's Gamercard
Awesome job so far. Any update on when the chapters 4 and 5 will be up?
Chazboski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 01:44 AM   #50
Outinthedark

Outinthedark's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chazboski View Post
Awesome job so far. Any update on when the chapters 4 and 5 will be up?
4.5 more hours unfortunately. I probably should have done 1 at a time. 3-5 will all hit around the same mark.

I also ran through on Easy just to see what I could time it at. According to just the raw video record stats, just a mere hour and 16 minutes. I have a few loading screens in these captures as well.
Old 01-13-2012, 01:45 AM   #51
Annalie

Sarena89's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Tyger7   Staff Club - Shinobi273   Staff Club - AOS Puck   1,000 Posts   Gamer Chick!
Quote:
Thank you, forgot about hiding under tables!

Edit: I recommend placing Amy under the table first before hacking the computer. This way you don't have to worry about grabbing her hand. The solier comes in the room quickly if you set off the alarm.
You're welcome, also if you want Amy and Lana to hide at once just hit the A button again.

Quote:
If you can tell me more, I can add it to the text guide at least. I never did this.
I didn't really notice anything else.
Old 01-13-2012, 01:47 AM   #52
Chazboski

Chazboski's Gamercard
Right on. A bit embarrassed to admit this but I'm plowing through for a review and I'm dangerous close to invoking Wolpaw's Law. At this point I'm just trying to see if I can finish so I can comment on the rest of the story.

I have no idea how you made it through chapter 5.

Last edited by Chazboski; 01-13-2012 at 03:37 AM. Reason: double post.
Old 01-13-2012, 03:35 AM   #53
Annalie

Sarena89's Gamercard

Quote:
I have no idea how you made it through chapter 5.
No double posting, use the edit button.

OT: im still stuck in the freaking beginning of chapter 5 i have no clue on how to get stupid amy to come to me without her getting into shit....
Old 01-13-2012, 03:38 AM   #54
Chazboski

Chazboski's Gamercard
Sorry about that, brain is turning to mush dealing with this. As far as I can tell it has something to do with the phone and car alarms. But what I have no idea.
Old 01-13-2012, 03:42 AM   #55
Annalie

Sarena89's Gamercard

Quote:
Sorry about that, brain is turning to mush dealing with this. As far as I can tell it has something to do with the phone and car alarms. But what I have no idea.
If more people had this game there would be more video guides to help me out. but sadly i have to wait.... or figure this mess out on my own. -_-
Old 01-13-2012, 03:44 AM   #56
Outinthedark

Outinthedark's Gamercard

Quote:
No double posting, use the edit button.

OT: im still stuck in the freaking beginning of chapter 5 i have no clue on how to get stupid amy to come to me without her getting into shit....
Chapter 5 is ~200 minutes away -__-

I'm furiously typing btw. The edit will be much more concise and I'm also trying to create maps for the large environment in chapter 5.
Old 01-13-2012, 04:23 AM   #57
Annalie

Sarena89's Gamercard

Quote:
Chapter 5 is ~200 minutes away -__-

I'm furiously typing btw. The edit will be much more concise and I'm also trying to create maps for the large environment in chapter 5.
I finally found a checkpoint, it was the marking on the wall. at least i dont have to redo the beginning 50 more times.
Old 01-13-2012, 04:51 AM   #58
Chazboski

Chazboski's Gamercard
Quote:
I finally found a checkpoint, it was the marking on the wall. at least i dont have to redo the beginning 50 more times.
Which marking? I'm still trying to sneak past zombies
Old 01-13-2012, 05:05 AM   #59
Outinthedark

Outinthedark's Gamercard

Quote:
I just pushed out the Chapter 5 text guide ahead of the others for you both.
Old 01-13-2012, 05:06 AM   #60
Annalie

Sarena89's Gamercard

Quote:
Which marking? I'm still trying to sneak past zombies
OK when i started there were 3 zombies. i could only kill 2.... so i used the dumpster to block the view of the 3rd one. i took amy and i made her crawl through a pipe.(the pipes are on the left) after that i waited to become infected so i could walk around the zombies.(move a car and another dumpster) there is a phone on the right by 2 zombies....(while infected) press it and run/walk around the corner.

there should be a dead soldier with a breathing mask. use it, and wait to become infected again. those 2 zombies by the car should be at the phone now....go back to amy(while infected), and heal. and from there you should see the broken glass on the ground but dont go that way yet. see the red smoke coming up from the ground? head that way and the mark will be right there on the wall by the car. its the power that you need to silence the glass so you can pass.

When i get the shock wave power i cant seem to progress because ill get spotted, and yes i hit the car alarm.....they keep moving like idiots. why cant they stand still like the zombies by the phone?

Last edited by Annalie; 01-13-2012 at 05:24 AM.
Annalie is offline   Reply With Quote