PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 LIVE Arcade Games > Adventure > Amy
Subscribe    Donate

Old 01-12-2012, 09:03 AM   #31
One1 Man Clan

W O O D L 4 N D's Gamercard
For people with the full game how does the frame rate hold up? I played the demo and certain sections slowed down so much I thought it was going to a cut scene
One1 Man Clan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 09:16 AM   #32
Off The WaLL

Xx NicH xX's Gamercard
Thumbs down garbage game is garbage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunglist View Post
IGN have just given it 2/10 calling it the worst game in recent memory.
"Worst game in recent memory"
Alright I'm done, I don't want to waste my time, life & MP

Good luck unlocking those achievements people
#1 on MEXICO #16 Worldwide
#1 Worldwide 1500G skate 3
100% Retail 44/47 - 100% Arcade 16/17
Working on: STATE OF DECAY LIFELINE 0.00% COMPLETED
Off The WaLL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 09:35 AM   #33
Ayx

ayxism's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by One1 Man Clan View Post
For people with the full game how does the frame rate hold up? I played the demo and certain sections slowed down so much I thought it was going to a cut scene
The screen tears more often than you ripping Toilet Paper.

If you want to abuse it for lolz, grab Amy's hand and do the sprint glitch animation (tapping LB while holding Amy) and the game's frame rate sorta craps out for a bit .

i r guy. || XBLA & Fighting Game addict.
Ayx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 10:11 AM   #34
BUZZARDIO 1080

BUZZARDIO 1080's Gamercard
I dont think its as bad as the reviews make out,but i have only played for an hour or so.
BUZZARDIO 1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 01:51 PM   #35
Slayinfool

computerandvideogames.com? Never heard of them before....
Slayinfool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 02:07 PM   #36
Johnny Shhlong

HanDFuL oF Sky's Gamercard
5 minutes in and I love it...! It brings back that feel that early Resident Evil and Silent Hill had on the Ps1. I haven't walked with Amy yet so things could take a turn for the worse but so far it's pretty rad.
Johnny Shhlong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 04:32 PM   #37
Outinthedark

Outinthedark's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Bronze   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Do not play on Hard unless you are a sadist. Enjoy the game on Easy/Normal. There were times I was stuck for hours not knowing where and how to progress the checkpoint system. Chapters 2 and 5 were the worst.
Old 01-12-2012, 05:50 PM   #38
zhoban

zhoban's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayx View Post
If you played the Demo, don't give a review based on it. That's exactly what it is, an introduction Chapter. The game starts in Chapter Two pretty much, it's some of the basic patterns (Hiding, shoving Amy down holes, sending her to hack 240 times like she's some wizard.) and you get Amy's abilities which is suppose to be really good but so far it's not proving too useful as you might as well bash the heads of the Zombies because you can't stealth them 80% of the time.

The game is beautiful, ignore the Screen Tearing and it's actually very well designed. The game is dark, gives a chilling feeling and has a few scares if you're using Turtle Beaches or a loud volume.

The thing that single handedly kills this game is the Checkpoint System, due to it the game's difficulty spikes intensely and not in a difficult way since it's trial and error, it's the time that it takes to get from Point A to Point B without messing up. It's about a 15 minute session if you don't run through it and it has to be pretty flawless (A little forgiveness if you failed Stealth on a Zombie since you can kill them, not a soldier or a big monster.) or you're done, back 15 minutes. Times this about 60 times and you finished one chapter of Amy. There's 6.

Once Outinthedark can confirm these achievements are Stackable the X/10 rating will be significantly lower and it will get a bonus with Video Walkthroughs. Without it, you're looking at an easy 8/10 simply in tediousness and the difficulty of the game later on.

Great game, the few flaws really can put the debate on the purchase or not.
The only time I am fine with a lack of a checkpoint system or a game that has a bad checkpoint system is a Survival Horror game. It reminds me a lot of old Silent Hill and Resident Evil where you had to save constantly.

That being said, is the game worth playing? It reminds me of old school Silent Hill and Resident Evil which I was hoping for and it seems like a good game.

"I was weak, that's why I needed you. I needed someone to punish me for my sins. But that's all over now, I know the truth. Now it's time to end this." - James Sunderland (Silent Hill 2)

zhoban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 06:27 PM   #39
Ayx

ayxism's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by zhoban View Post
The only time I am fine with a lack of a checkpoint system or a game that has a bad checkpoint system is a Survival Horror game. It reminds me a lot of old Silent Hill and Resident Evil where you had to save constantly.

That being said, is the game worth playing? It reminds me of old school Silent Hill and Resident Evil which I was hoping for and it seems like a good game.
Depends on your wallet; if you're one of the people who doesn't purchase XBLA games very often and feel like $10 is a stretch then this game might not appeal to you.

You can't save at all, you have to complete the whole chapter in One go and get one or two checkpoints inbetween the level. Although each level is only 30+ minutes long with a cleanish run, you're going to stay hours yelling and bitching but scared to rage quit because your progress will go down the drain. If you've played (and enjoyed) those classics? Give this one a try because it's actually really nice. It's just really damn hard.

Thanks to the x360a community, all the achievements have been acquired and Outinthedark has a guide that's being updated with step to step walkthroughs to be able to survive Amy. The game is a very possible 200/200G as the game is pretty much done in one playthrough (Difficulties Stack)

To be fair, I've waster 800MSP on worse games in the XBLA. At least once I'm done with Amy, video guide or not, I felt like these 200Gs were definitely earned and it'll feel good.

Old 01-12-2012, 11:07 PM   #40
Bum Commando

Bum Commando's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
AHHAHAHAH IGN had to take down their review. Probably because it was hurting the sales hardcore but the damage is done.

Off Topic - Dear Ayx, get rid of that stupid .gif that slows down the entire page.

Quote:
"The dumber people think you are, the more suprised they are going to be when you kill them."
-William Clayton
Bum Commando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 12:13 AM   #41
Ayx

ayxism's Gamercard
B.. but I love this .gif. ; ~;

OT: Perhaps it was a temporary request to remove it, maybe they claim it wasn't the final build or something.

Old 01-13-2012, 12:28 AM   #42
Slayinfool

I love the old school survival horror feel the game has. True the game can be unforgiving but thats ok too. Nice to get a challenge.
Slayinfool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 12:29 AM   #43
wordvirus

Wordvirus's Gamercard
Most of the reviews I have read are just not giving it a chance. First they are expecting way too much from a XBLA game - you can't compare it to a AAA title or something. Also the biggest complaints I have read are poor combat and that it is too hard. As far as the combat, it is not really that bad and it's easy to get used to if you have played any of the older Sient Hill games. As far as being hard I did my first playthrough on easy and didn't have many problems except for one stealth part. I still have to go through on hard.It seems to me that most of the reviewers just are not survival horror fans which this game is obviously I have not played a sports game in at least 10 years so I would not try to review this one.

I liked this, there is some nostalgia value from playing old survival horror games which is my favorite genre. I would say most people that liked the Silent Hill games would like this, and if you are a survival horror fan used to hard combat, and hard difficulty then it is worth the 10 bucks. Really it is just making me want the Silent Hill Hd collection even more.

Quote:
"We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us. ― Charles Bukowski
wordvirus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 02:47 AM   #44
darthroker29

Send a message via MSN to darthroker29 Send a message via Yahoo to darthroker29

xHydraSpherex's Gamercard
I'm not one to let reviews get in the way of games..but after seeing ign maybe I'll think twice. Like many ppl, I'll just wait till it goes in the deal bin..
Old 01-13-2012, 02:51 AM   #45
Outinthedark

Outinthedark's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Bronze   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Quote:
Originally Posted by darthroker29 View Post
I'm not one to let reviews get in the way of games..but after seeing ign maybe I'll think twice. Like many ppl, I'll just wait till it goes in the deal bin..
Watching the video review, he gave up on Chapter 2 where I honestly wanted to give up too.

He only made it to checkpoint 1 of Chapter 2.

Listening to the podcast he says he played for about a dozen hours. I beat the game on Hard in a dozen hours so I wonder why just the first 2 chapters in the video footage.

Last edited by Outinthedark; 01-13-2012 at 03:31 AM.
Outinthedark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 03:24 AM   #46
Tridenter

Tridenter's Gamercard
Aside from one puzzle that had me scratching my head, the only part that made me want to give up was the first half or so of Chapter 5. I was playing on Easy, albeit, but I didn't have trouble with anything aside from my own general stupidity.

Got this despite all the bad reviews and I'm mostly not disappointed. I would've liked to see some more powers for Amy, and maybe a bit longer since - once you know what you're doing - the levels are extremely short. But for a ten dollar arcade game? It's pretty boss overall.
Tridenter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 03:39 AM   #47
Annalie

Send a message via MSN to Annalie Send a message via Yahoo to Annalie

Sarena89's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Tyger7   Staff Club - Shinobi273   Staff Club - AOS Puck   1,000 Posts   Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tridenter View Post
Aside from one puzzle that had me scratching my head, the only part that made me want to give up was the first half or so of Chapter 5. I was playing on Easy, albeit, but I didn't have trouble with anything aside from my own general stupidity.

Got this despite all the bad reviews and I'm mostly not disappointed. I would've liked to see some more powers for Amy, and maybe a bit longer since - once you know what you're doing - the levels are extremely short. But for a ten dollar arcade game? It's pretty boss overall.
I agree with you, this game is not so bad. its just a bit frustrating at times..

i feel bad for people who let a little review scare them away from trying even a demo. this will be a rewarding 200.
Old 01-13-2012, 04:41 AM   #48
wordvirus

Wordvirus's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Outinthedark View Post
Watching the video review, he gave up on Chapter 2 where I honestly wanted to give up too.

He only made it to checkpoint 1 of Chapter 2.

Listening to the podcast he says he played for about a dozen hours. I beat the game on Hard in a dozen hours so I wonder why just the first 2 chapters in the video footage.
My brother told me that a few reviewers actually quit on chapter 2. I only had a slight problem with that chapter and I would hardly consider myself a real "pro" gamer. The fact that these guys do this as a professional and could not get through it makes me really want to just ignore anything these people say. If you don't play a certain genre of game don't review it, and and don't bash the game because you can't get through it. I don't play straight RPGs, and but I'm not going to bash it, and because of that. I these people obviously just didn't get it.

The only part that really gave me trouble was chapter 5, but that's just done know. I I am a little worried about the hard playthrough so I'm not going to break for a day or 2 before trying it. Overall though I though it was a pretty good game. I always say they don't make survival horror games like they used to, and but this (and Alan Wake), give me hope. Which reminds me this game reminds me a little bit of Clocktower mainly because of the hiding.

Quote:
"We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us. ― Charles Bukowski
Old 01-13-2012, 04:45 AM   #49
HugTheBear

FuzzyDonkeyLegs's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holiday9357 View Post
What needs to be realized is that even though an Arcade game is and should be realized as an Arcade game, that doesn't automatically mean that one should lower his expectations for said title.

Plenty of arcade titles in recent memory have been admirable, or even perfect (Bastion, Limbo) within the creative and budgetary constraints allowed by an Arcade game. We judge an Arcade game, and any game for that matter, by how well it performs within these constraints.

When a kid from the slums of Chicago applies to attend an ivy-league institution, his test scores aren't judged against the standards held by a prep school in Cambridge, Massachusetts, but judged against those of his classmates.

We cannot let off Amy for failing by saying "Oh, it's only 10 dollars" or "It's supposed to be artificially hard" because its developers simply failed at providing a quality experience. Plenty of other Arcade developers have created wonderful works within these same constraints, and we must criticize Amy because it is not a quality video game.

Couldn't have said it any better.

Based off the reviews and from what I've seen on Youtube, I doubt I'll pick this up, like originally planned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gheuh2
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
HugTheBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 03:53 AM   #50
Motorexskygtr32

MotorexGTR32's Gamercard
I was originally to plan to buy this game based of silent hill/resident evil feels back in PS1 but now not too sure about it. Maybe if it will be on DoTW then I will might reconsidering it.

Axy, I am sorry but please take that video gif down. It slowing my page down and very annoyed about it when Im trying to read it.

Motorexskygtr32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 04:07 AM   #51
Outinthedark

Outinthedark's Gamercard

Feed the hamster running your interwebs. Or just get ad block plus and block the image, simple.

Last edited by Outinthedark; 01-14-2012 at 11:12 PM.
Outinthedark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 04:42 AM   #52
Kaem

Kaemajii's Gamercard
Red face

Since a Trial game is actually available for once and if you're into the genre, I'd encourage everyone to give it a go. I'm not going to buy it because I have a lot of acvhievements to chase already, not to mention five hardcover games I bought a month ago and haven't even played. When I catch up 'Amy' is something I will be coming back to

I've put up with bigger glitches and more annoying puzzles in games from major brands, so i'm not overly critical when it comes to 'Amy'.

From the trial i'm most impressed with the visuals and sound, for the first time in a long time those whispers in the background put me on edge, I made Lana crouch and skulk around for a solid five minutes in fear of a baddie that wasn't even there C:

Resident evil games don't even give me chills anymore they've become so action enthused
Kaem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 01:27 PM   #53
Smash XL

Smash XL's Gamercard
Terrible. But Hilarious. My roommate watched me play the demo, and we were laughing our butts off at the ridiculous dialogue, those silly moments of praise when Amy pushed a button and it showed her smile or dance, the way the main character seemed to completely ignore everything that gorilla man said to her, and the awesome super stick that dissolves zombies. Sadly, I don't think the game was meant to be funny. I love the survival/horror genre, but this game was bad.

Edit: Also, the gorilla man talks like jar jar binks.

Last edited by Smash XL; 01-14-2012 at 06:03 PM.
Smash XL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 10:05 PM   #54
wordvirus

Wordvirus's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash XL View Post
Terrible. But Hilarious. My roommate watched me play the demo, and we were laughing our butts off at the ridiculous dialogue, those silly moments of praise when Amy pushed a button and it showed her smile or dance, the way the main character seemed to completely ignore everything that gorilla man said to her, and the awesome super stick that dissolves zombies. Sadly, I don't think the game was meant to be funny. I love the survival/horror genre, but this game was bad.

Edit: Also, the gorilla man talks like jar jar binks.

Being funny when not trying is the way most survival horror games are. 90% of them have horrible voice acting. I've played just about every survival horror game out there and for an xbla game ithinks it's pretty good, not like they have a lot of money to drop on voice actors for arcade titles. Of course I have played plenty of AAA title with bad voice acting. This game filled the void I needed to hold me over until March waiting forSilent Hill Downpour. And HD collection.

Quote: