PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Silent Hill: Homecoming
Subscribe    Donate

Old 01-13-2012, 04:42 AM   #61
Radioactive Microbe

RadioactiveSkin's Gamercard
Wasn't a fan of it.

It was an okay game, but not a good Silent Hill game if you get my drift.

Massive Silent Hill fan, and I felt that these new developers really "Americanized" the feel of the game.
Radioactive Microbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 04:54 AM   #62
iBuzz7S

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze   Donator - Level 2
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
I never played a Silent Hill game before it. At the time, I was only interested in the game because it was banned in Australia, so I imported it from the U.K. and enjoyed the experience.
Old 01-13-2012, 06:59 AM   #63
Ceris
Why So Ceris-nya?

Tragic Melody's Gamercard

Awards Showcase CABS Beta Tester   Community Gaming - Bronze   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - Ceris   Over Achiever - Bronze   Staff - Collectibles Guide Team   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by iBuzz7S View Post
I never played a Silent Hill game before it. At the time, I was only interested in the game because it was banned in Australia, so I imported it from the U.K. and enjoyed the experience.
I heard about that ban... That sucks since it is the only Xbox-360 SH game atm

Though, in my opinion, Homecoming was the worst Silent Hill game to be released. It was basically a copy of the recently released movie, all ideas coming from that and the first game, little originality. Also, there seemed to be too much emphasis on combat, which is not what Silent Hill normally has... I personally never finished it, it seemed to be a mockery to one of my favorite game series.

Oh and don't get me wrong, I am not one of those "only the first 2-3 games were good" I loved every game released (except maybe Origins) its just that Homecoming doesn't come close to the others.

Helping Hand Award Nominations || Please disable your ad blocker for XBA!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creech
An ad blocker prevents the ad from loading in the first place, and the counter is on the ad's side, not the site's. As such, an ad blocker stops the increment from going up and no revenue is generated as a result of your page views.
Ceris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 12:35 AM   #64
Lord Atheos

Lord Atheos's Gamercard
Thumbs up

I thought it was really good. I liked the messed up creatures and really like the story / backstory of all the stuff going on. While it wasn't perfect, it certainly doesn't deserve all the hate I've seen it get. Worth buying in my opinion.
Lord Atheos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 06:08 PM   #65
cyrodilicbrandy

cyrodilicbrandy's Gamercard
I think it could have been a lot better, especially because it had taken a lot of the visuals and ideas from the first film. I actually had a lot of trouble playing it at first, because I had no idea what the combat system was like, and the fact that there was no way to change the controls to be inverted, other than in aiming, which was troublesome.

The story itself seems sub par compared to the other games, but considering it wasn't made by the same people as, say, Silent Hill 2, it was actually still creepy and did have SH-esque goodness.

The boss designs were actually the best part, I think. I remember being so creeped out by Scarlet even though I'd seen gifs and such of her and the other bosses months before I'd even thought about picking it up for myself.

I'd say 6/10. It was good, but not great.
cyrodilicbrandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 11:47 PM   #66
postal69

postal69's Gamercard
Talking

I think this game is great plenty of good scares and the differet endings make playing through the game that much more enjoyable
postal69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 02:54 AM   #67
ImaginaryRuins

imaginaryruins's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Homecoming was the first Silent Hill I played. I also tried 2, 3 and Downpour. I like Homecoming the most.

I didn't find the combat part really troublesome; instead I considered it challenging. On Youtube I saw a player who could deal with 3 Schisms at one time and almost took no damage in the entire fight. The combat part isn't broken; it just demands more patience and skills.

10000G for 10 games on 7/12/2010
20000G for 20 games on 9/8/2011
30000G for 30 games on 6/5/2012
40000G for 40 games on 24/9/2012
50000G for 50 games on 19/5/2013
60000G for 60 games on 12/1/2014

ImaginaryRuins is offline   Reply With Quote