PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Crackdown 2 > Deluge
Subscribe    Donate

Old 11-18-2010, 11:12 AM   #1
Pedritos

Send a message via Skype™ to Pedritos

Pedritos's Gamercard
Question The best spot to do: The Blender achievement?

Many people say it's do able in the campaign. Ive tried but mostly they were not just enough or my chopper was dead before it or i had to much but no achievement, so someone is sure about the achievement can unlock in the campaign? well anyways just wanted to ask some little things about it

1). Should i do it in campaign or deluge?
2). If i do it in the campaign should i use the toy box dlc chopper or the normal one? maybe the dlc one doesnt die that fast?
3). Do anyone know a really good grinding spot in the campaign or the deluge that u sure u unlock the achievement in the first try (first 60 seconds).

Well thank you anyways if anyone have some tips tell me about it or help me whatever you like :P

GT: Pedritos

3 Achievements to go!
Old 11-18-2010, 11:46 AM   #2
nakedLEE

n4k3dLEE's Gamercard
Well I know a lot of people have said the quarry but personally, I tried that several times and it just didn't work for me & I found it quite tedious waiting for it to be night time again.

I got the achievement on the Island on the top right hand corner of the map (I forget the name sorry) but there are so many freaks up there that I got it first try there.

I wouldn't really recommend spawning in up there as the chopper can be destroyed within seconds but if you spawn in at the agency tower and then fly across, you should be able to get the achievement on any road but I got it on the main road at the very front of the island.

Hope this helps for anyone struggling with this one!
nakedLEE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 12:23 PM   #3
Mister Rooster

Mister Rooster's Gamercard
What mode are you guys using? Keys to the city or regular campaign. I have completed the campaign and closed all breaches etc..Just can't get enough freaks to spawn.
Mister Rooster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 12:40 PM   #4
Matthias King

Matthias King's Gamercard
I've been trying it in the regular campaign and I've been having that problem as well. Is it possible to get this achievement in Keys To The City?
Matthias King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 12:54 PM   #5
nakedLEE

n4k3dLEE's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Rooster View Post
What mode are you guys using? Keys to the city or regular campaign. I have completed the campaign and closed all breaches etc..Just can't get enough freaks to spawn.
I was just on regular campaign. Same as you, had closed all breaches but when I went up to the top right island, there was loads of them. I was quite surprised as you couldn't not get the achievement there really.

If numbers are a bit thin for you, then perhaps it might be worth getting out of the chopper and blowing a few of the freaks up so that more come after you 'a freak shitstorm' or whatever the voiceover guy says?

I forgot to mention, that I did die going up there once and when I did, I chose the spawn at nearest location option and there did seem to be quite a few more freaks. Again, that may be worth a try if you are struggling with it.
Old 11-18-2010, 01:40 PM   #6
Mister Rooster

Thanks. I will try that. Did you use the Agency Helo (the big fat one).

Thanks
Old 11-18-2010, 01:45 PM   #7
Pedritos

Pedritos's Gamercard
Quote:
well i know in crackdown 1 u couldnt get any achievement in key's to the city so dont think it works in crackdown 2 but never tested out just getting most of the achievements in campaign.
Old 11-18-2010, 01:46 PM   #8
Pedritos

Pedritos's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by nakedLEE View Post
I was just on regular campaign. Same as you, had closed all breaches but when I went up to the top right island, there was loads of them. I was quite surprised as you couldn't not get the achievement there really.

If numbers are a bit thin for you, then perhaps it might be worth getting out of the chopper and blowing a few of the freaks up so that more come after you 'a freak shitstorm' or whatever the voiceover guy says?

I forgot to mention, that I did die going up there once and when I did, I chose the spawn at nearest location option and there did seem to be quite a few more freaks. Again, that may be worth a try if you are struggling with it.
I Trying it Right now hope it works
Old 11-18-2010, 01:49 PM   #9
nakedLEE

n4k3dLEE's Gamercard
Quote:
Thanks. I will try that. Did you use the Agency Helo (the big fat one).

Thanks
Yeah the Agency Helo. Went as low as I could to the road then just went sideways down the main road using the blades on the left side of the chopper to cut them up. Achievement popped within a few seconds as there was that many of them!

Good luck & let me know how you get on.
Old 11-18-2010, 01:58 PM   #10
Mister Rooster

Quote:
Originally Posted by nakedLEE View Post
Yeah the Agency Helo. Went as low as I could to the road then just went sideways down the main road using the blades on the left side of the chopper to cut them up. Achievement popped within a few seconds as there was that many of them!

Good luck & let me know how you get on.
Is this the hilly island North of the Agency Tower? Thx
Old 11-18-2010, 02:19 PM   #11
nakedLEE

n4k3dLEE's Gamercard
Quote:
Is this the hilly island North of the Agency Tower? Thx
It's Unity Heights South.

You should be able to get it anywhere along the white line of this map and if you die, there are respawn locations at either end.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Crackdown2.jpg (16.7 KB, 250 views)
Old 11-18-2010, 02:50 PM   #12
Matthias King

I've been trying this and I've done what seemed like it should be probably twice what is required and still nothing. I need to see a YouTube video to see what I'm apparently doing wrong.
Old 11-18-2010, 04:15 PM   #13
Pedritos

Pedritos's Gamercard
Oke the best way to do this:
First of all READ ALL THIS BEFORE U TRY! because else you have to alot of free time and waiting for it goes day and night in the game!!!

1). First of all start a new game and do like 3 beacons something around that number.
2). Spawn a Squad Chopper at agency tower and fly to the place where nakedLEE had a picture of (here is the link http://www.xbox360achievements.org/f...4&d=1290089902) BE SURE ITS NIGHT!
3). Then if u have the chopper go to the area land it first and kill some freaks on the other road but not the road ur gonne need! Then the agency guy should say something like freakstorm incoming or shitstorm of freaks.
4). Start at the point of the picture and dont go rush right into it.WHAT U SHOULD'N'T DO IS THAT THE NOSE OF THE CHOPPER IS GOING FORWARD. No you need to go sideways with your chopper moving, best way to do is, first look where the road is going and your chopper + Blades will do the rest and be sure you stay on the ground and not go into the air. It could take some tries because sometimes you fly to a car and explode just go right away to xbox dashboard so it cant save becuase if u die or reload its saving and then you can wait a whole day till its night.

Last edited by Pedritos; 11-18-2010 at 04:30 PM.
Pedritos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 06:42 PM   #14
Shaftiel

talkstogod's Gamercard
Pedritos' method works, but it seems overly complicated... I had already finished everything so I jumped into a random game, went and hung out by the quarry, and did it there. The place that worked for me was along the ledge at the side with all the cave entrances. It took 2 nights (in game) & multiple choppers to nail it but I had a book so no biggie.

And don't forget to move the wreckage of the old chopper if you blow it up so you don't hit it with the new one!!!

-Shaftiel
Shaftiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 04:55 AM   #15
Matthias King

So I've just been trying to do this, over and over I might add, and I'm still having no luck. I just tried going where Pedrito and NakedLEE said to go, and there are a ton of freaks, no doubt. So I went through and got what I'm sure had to be more than 60, but no achievement. So that leads me to believe that I must be doing something wrong with how I'm flying, so the game is not registering the kills as being done with the chopper blades.

So my question to all those who have gotten this achievement is; how are you flying the chopper? I've been getting low to the ground where the belly of the chopper is basically dragging the ground, and then flying foward, which has the chopper tilted forward and the blades are spinning into the ground in front of it. It looks like the freaks are getting cut down by the blades, but no matter how many freaks I mow through, I'm not getting the achievement so they must not be.

Any help on the flying position of the chopper and the best way to get the blades hitting the freaks right would be appreciated. Any YouTube videos up yet?
Old 11-19-2010, 05:19 AM   #16
HybridPK

Send a message via AIM to HybridPK

HybridPK's Gamercard
Yeah, I am still in the same boat. I have tried doing these new strategies for unlocking the achievement but nothing seems to work for me. I have flown sideways to chop up enemies and that didn't help. I'm beginning to think the achievement is glitchy. After I unlock the 10,000 kills achievement I will delete the DLC and redownload it, just to see if it helps.

EDIT: So, I did redownload the Deluge DLC but I don't think it actually mattered. I didn't get the achievement inside the quarry. Instead, I used the road on the outside of the quarry (goes underneath the highway on the outer edge of the island). Flying forward with the nose down wasn't helping me. Flying sideways wasn't quite helpful either, but until I literally was perpendicular to the ground I was able to unlock the achievement.

Advice - Start on a fresh campaign with your maxed out agent. There are a lot of freaks around at the very beginning of the game. Don't even bother going through the motions of activating beacons and such. Once its night (like, actually night. Not sunset when the freaks just start spawning), start up a shitstorm so more of them spawn. Also, use the Squad Chopper. It isn't nearly as flimsy as the regular chopper. In fact, with how you have to fly against the ground, I'm pretty sure this is impossible to unlock with the regular chopper. Try getting used to flying sideways. Once you have your helicopter in the right position, you should unlock this achievement in seconds.

Man, I am glad I'm done with the DLC.

Last edited by HybridPK; 11-19-2010 at 07:11 AM.
HybridPK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 06:33 AM   #17
DcupsOfJustice

DcupsOfJustice's Gamercard
I just got it in the quarry going side ways for about 100 yards. Just have to finesse the pitch to keep it from crashing. So, it seems whatever you can do to make it work is the best way.
DcupsOfJustice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2010, 06:48 AM   #18
Mister Rooster

@Hybrid
Thanks for the tip. After struggling with this for ages I loaded up an old save and popped the achievement in one go.

I think this should be added to the guide as there are a lot more freaks if you start a new game.
Old 11-20-2010, 07:10 AM   #19
PR Mega X

Send a message via AIM to PR Mega X

Predator Ranger's Gamercard
Just took me about two hours to finally unlock this one. Could not get the quarry kills to save my life, so I got it in Unity Heights. I plowed through *tons* of freaks with nothing unlocking, but then I extracted (that damn chopper takes forever to get to you!) and killed maybe 10 freaks when it popped. I think the game finally just took pity on me.
PR Mega X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2010, 07:28 AM   #20
Matthias King

I had kinda the same thing happen to me. I'd been working on this pretty steadily for a couple of days, and had many times where I was plowing through what seemed like 100 freaks in under a minute with no luck, and getting quite frustrated. Then I went to the quarry and flew the chopper sideways on the ground rather than up on one of the ledges and finally got it. It didn't even seem like I went through more than 20-30 freaks when I got it, whereas before I'd gone through huge groups with nothing. Who knows.
Old 11-20-2010, 07:38 AM   #21
Wraithdagger

Wraithdagger12's Gamercard
Aye, some of the achievements seem to be a tad buggy. 'Least none of them are terribly difficult. Now I just have to grind Decimator...
Wraithdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 12:02 AM   #22
MacPhisto

MacPh1st0's Gamercard
I gave up on trying to use the quarry for this. The ledges are too uneven and the freaks are too sparsely populated. Not only that, but sometimes they wouldn't even be there at all when I went there at night!

I found a much better place to do this achievement that is a bit trickier, but definitely worth it. The dome in the northeast corner of the map has lots of thick clusters of freaks that are perfect for this achievement. The tricky part is that you have to thread the needle of lowering your helicopter down into it from a hole in the top, but as long as the body makes it down okay, you're good, because the blades won't hit the hole as you're going down into it. The navigating inside can be a bit tricky too, since the ground is uneven and there are obstacles that you have to fly around, but with as much freaks that are in there, it's worth it! And they've always been in there EVERY single time I've flown to it at night.

I've also noticed some people thinking this is glitched since they think they've been hitting more than 60 without the achievement popping, but you're probably killing many of them with the nose or bottom of the helicopter. As it was said before, it's best to get as close to the ground as possible (right about to the point where your landing gear pops out) and do a SIDE-SWEEPING motion to the left or right so you're not killing them all with the nose by trying to go forward.

Also another helpful indicator to know if you're doing it right is by how the freaks die when you hit them. If they turn into a fiery orange mist, you hit them with the nose or bottom and did it wrong. But if they turn into a green mist, that's how you know you hit them with the blades properly.
Old 11-29-2010, 03:52 PM   #23
Mibuwolf57

Wolf Mibu's Gamercard
I just got mine yesterday. There is freak lair that's underground at Unity Heights where you can take the chopper down, no matter what time of the day it is.

It's located just southwest of that dome that MacPhisto mentioned about.

You can spawn the chopper just South of this point.

Just like the Quarry technique, I just went sideways along the outer ring from right to left, just feathering the controls to dip the blades left at intervals. I found it impossible to keep the blades tilted at that angle indefinitely, so I just went at it slowly, to minimize the damage done to the chopper.

If anything, this is good practice while you're waiting for it to become dark out. Which was my initial intention, before I actually got it.

I recommend this area, because there are less rocks, trees, cars and other debris that can cause the untimely demise of your chopper.

Hope this helps.
Mibuwolf57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 01:31 PM   #24
I Am4z1n9 AZ I

Amazing AZ's Gamercard
This achievement is so glitched I swear to god ive killed 60 in 60 seconds 5 or 6 times the green mist is coming out what is with this achievement.

I Am4z1n9 AZ I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 06:11 PM   #25
mortug

dead thread is dead...
been trying to get this for hours now, with no luck. tried everything, except starting new campaign. this is getting on my nerve. this is my last achievement. just want to get done with this! argh!

mortug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 03:46 AM   #26
Nuclear Taco

I do not even have this game? Is it good?
Nuclear Taco is offline   Reply With Quote