PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Gears of War 3 > RAAM's Shadow
Subscribe    Donate

Old 12-24-2011, 12:48 AM   #1
Tee!

TeeOwnzU's Gamercard
Can anyone figure out why I can't connect to my friends game?

Hey guys. I'm trying to boost the "Foreshadowing" achievement with a friend but I'm having difficulties and thought maybe someone on here could help me figure out what's going on.

I can always join when there's a spot open on his team but it never allows me to connect when there are spots open on the opposite team. We tried every way possible getting into the same match on opposite sides and couldn't do it.

I even removed him from my friends list and left the Party chat we were in, then reset my Xbox and tried to join his game from the Recent Players panel, to no avail.

I can't figure out what's happening but it's extremely annoying and hopefully someone here can tell me what's going on. Thanks.

Tee! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 04:29 AM   #2
blckrani

TheMerchant258's Gamercard
You can't join his game because it sounds like you're clicking "join session in progress." To my knowledge that only works if there is a slot open for you on his team, ergo you cannot click to join his session and expect to be on the opposite team. It prevents people from setting up boosting matches (easily, at least) and prevents people from having to play against team mates (should they join and want to play on their friend's team.) So, basically, removing your friend and attempting to join him from recently played list is like trying to join him while he's on your friend's list - it won't work. You'll get put on his team or you won't join the match at all. What you'll have to do is jump around in matchmaking and hope you find him.

At least, that's how it looks to me. Someone more informed than I may be able to help you more.
blckrani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 01:03 AM   #3
Tee!

TeeOwnzU's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by blckrani View Post
You can't join his game because it sounds like you're clicking "join session in progress." To my knowledge that only works if there is a slot open for you on his team, ergo you cannot click to join his session and expect to be on the opposite team. It prevents people from setting up boosting matches (easily, at least) and prevents people from having to play against team mates (should they join and want to play on their friend's team.) So, basically, removing your friend and attempting to join him from recently played list is like trying to join him while he's on your friend's list - it won't work. You'll get put on his team or you won't join the match at all. What you'll have to do is jump around in matchmaking and hope you find him.

At least, that's how it looks to me. Someone more informed than I may be able to help you more.
So there's no way for me to play against someone on my friends list unless it's Private? That's pretty lame lol

Old 12-26-2011, 02:07 AM   #4
Telekiller7

Telekiller5's Gamercard
ive heard you can join a game, remember the name of someone on the other team, leave the game and then send them a friend request through recent players. it doesnt matter what they do, you can still go to them and say join in progress. you should then be on the opposite team. i havent tried that myself though

I got my high GS thanks to www.Gamefly.com, you should too! (I WISH this was a paid advertisement )
Telekiller7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 06:28 PM   #5
Tee!

TeeOwnzU's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Telekiller7 View Post
ive heard you can join a game, remember the name of someone on the other team, leave the game and then send them a friend request through recent players. it doesnt matter what they do, you can still go to them and say join in progress. you should then be on the opposite team. i havent tried that myself though
Ahhh, that's a really good idea, I'll try that!

Old 01-04-2012, 08:22 AM   #6
Sergeant Doakes

kuma ruff's Gamercard
Could be a NAT issue.
Sergeant Doakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 05:19 PM   #7
zurgi

Anvil Gate's Gamercard
pretty much what everyone is saying, you have to be his friend to join.
zurgi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 05:58 PM   #8
KashThePriest

KashThePriest's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Telekiller7 View Post
I can confirm this works and it took a little over an hour to do

I just boosted foreshadowing with a boosting partner, the most annoying thing bout this method is it sticks you in the wrong team, my boosting partner got the cheev first then it kept sticking him in locust and me in COG, but after waiting we got split and I got it too.

A tip would be to do it on CTL, this is the quickest games mode by far so if you're on the team you need to be in or on the freak chance on the same team the game will last bout 1-2 mins especially if you sabotage it so your team loses Then the next match begins
KashThePriest is offline   Reply With Quote