PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 LIVE Arcade Games > Adventure > Beyond Good & Evil HD
Subscribe    Donate

Old 03-23-2011, 10:54 PM   #1
jolliffe

o Spas Tick o's Gamercard
If you didn't play it originally don't buy it!!! Because....

If you're like me and didn't play this game originally then your going to be pissed at yourself for not doing. I bought it today after listening to my mates review of it (who did play it the first time and was reviewing the non HD from memory). I have put in 7 hours today and am not in the slightest bit bored.

I can't believe I never played this little diamond of a game the first time around! I've read people complaining about the camera and brightness etc but I have had no problem whatsoever so far. It reminds me of Jak and Daxter a little but that may just be the era of the game. I'm annoyed at myself that I had to ask my mate "Have you heard of 'Beyond good and evil' and is it good?" and then had to sit through his lecture of how amazing it is.

Best 800M$ points I ever spent... EVER

If you can live with hating the fact that you missed it the first time round due to being a knob and wanting to shoot shit and have no interest in any other sort of game then DEFINITELY buy it
jolliffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 02:38 AM   #2
noobie2games

NOOBIE 2 PWNING's Gamercard
i don't understand. you said don't buy it in your title, then in your text you say do and don't. i never played this game when it first came, heard good things about it and i'm thinking if I should buy it. but i'm not really sure and your post didn't help
noobie2games is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 08:34 AM   #3
jolliffe

o Spas Tick o's Gamercard
I'm sorry. It was more meant as a bit of a joke. Like "don't buy it if you don't want to hate yourself for missing it the first time around".You should definitely buy it!
Honestly it's excellent. I was very dubious because I thought ahhh it's an old game, it might be crap, there are loads of complaints about bugs, settings and controls but I haven't suffered any of that.

Buy it.... Buy it today! Just get the trial if your still not sure but have 800M$ points on standby
jolliffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 07:25 PM   #4
DarkReign2021
Banned User

DarkReign2021's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Don't worry. I got it OP ;-)

But yes, everybody that didn't play the original should kick themselves. Everybody that didn't play the original AND doesn't plan on getting the full version on XBLA should throw themselves off of a cliff... Just Sayin' >_> lol
DarkReign2021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 05:50 PM   #5
DigitalFury

RedSoxIBelieve's Gamercard
This is one of the best games that no one has ever played. This game was met with fantastic critical acclaim, got great reviews and sold like 9 copies. It's a shame but hopefully, enough people will buy this and I can FINALLY get the sequel I've wanted for years.
Old 04-06-2011, 01:22 AM   #6
seaborneadam

Send a message via MSN to seaborneadam Send a message via Skype™ to seaborneadam

seaborneadam's Gamercard
Yeah was awesome I rented it when it came out never got round to finishing it, bought it on hre first day had finished it the next day, think i'm 3rd on the leaderboard. its got alot of gameplay in there to keep anyone entertained
Old 04-16-2011, 07:50 AM   #7
tim420929

tim420929's Gamercard
I can't believe I missed this game the first tine it came out. I'd heard of it but never played. I'm so glad I bought this. It's the best arcade game I've bought from live and totally worth the purchase, especially since the time it'll take u to beat it 100% is twice the length of most arcade games.
tim420929 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 11:04 AM   #8
Yaymez

Yaymez's Gamercard
I had played it on the PS2 when it first came out but the copy, along with the PS2 have long since gone. I bought it again because I couldn't remember everything and I have to say going through it for the second time on a different console is just as fun!

I had forgotten how tricky the final boss fight was though!

Retail 100%

Dragon Age:Origins + DLC, KoA:Reckoning, Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, Fallout 3 + DLC, Assassins Creed, Assassins Creed II + DLC, Deus Ex: Human Revolution, Lego Pirates, Dead Space, Dead Space 2 + DLC, Majin & the Forsaken Kingdom

Arcade 100%
Stacking, Beyond Good & Evil HD, Deathspank, Deathspank: T.O.V, Banjo Kazooie.
Yaymez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 04:16 PM   #9
Pazto

Pazto's Gamercard
Man I feel the same. I've heard a lot of this game, but never played it.
I beat it today . . . Great Game . . . Great Story , Fun gameplay and Great Soundtrack.
Just Great Game.

. . . . I <3 MY GAMERTAG
Pazto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 08:01 PM   #10
cizer_man

CIZER MAN's Gamercard
i was played it at my PC
and for sure i will buy it this night to play it again
it's worth to play it with HD
thanx bro.
cizer_man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 08:50 AM   #11
JohnAizen

JohnAizen's Gamercard
After playing it, I wanted to kick myself for not getting it when it first came out, epic game
JohnAizen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 04:07 AM   #12
Ciciretti21

tonymontana2546's Gamercard
So awesome, playing it for the first. Odd too because I was a huge fan of the "Banjo Kazoo" type games this is modeled after. I can't wait for the sequel to come out now.
Ciciretti21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 04:09 AM   #13
Ciciretti21

tonymontana2546's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by tim420929 View Post
I can't believe I missed this game the first tine it came out. I'd heard of it but never played. I'm so glad I bought this. It's the best arcade game I've bought from live and totally worth the purchase, especially since the time it'll take u to beat it 100% is twice the length of most arcade games.
Totally worth 800msp...THE BEST YOU WILL EVER SPEND. NOTICE HOW SERIOUS I AM BY THE CAPITAL LETTERS I'M TYPING HAHA.
Ciciretti21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 07:07 AM   #14
Yakostovian

Yakostovian's Gamercard
I don't remember why I bought this game, but it is only one of 7 original xbox titles I never traded in (The others being Halo 1 & 2, Fable: The Lost Chapters, KotoR 1 & 2, and Jade Empire.)

I absolutely love this game. Picking it up again feels so natural as well, most 8 year old games either look ugly or have terrible controls (usually both) whereas BG&E has neither problem.

To everyone debating on buying this game, just buy it. I'm sure you have spent $60 on duds, and might be feeling burned because of it, but this game is easily one of the best adventure games you could purchase. Some may even call it one of the best games of the last console generation.

I say it definitely deserves a spot in the top 10.

Currently looking to boost any of the following games:
Halo 3, Halo 3 ODST, Left 4 Dead, Left 4 Dead 2, Saint's Row 2, The Orange Box
Yakostovian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 01:57 PM   #15
BranFlakes543

BranFlakes543's Gamercard
I regret not purchasing this game when it came out a few years ago
This is a fantastic game! Pure brilliance! I just love it. The music, the adventurous style, everything literally.
BranFlakes543 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 02:02 PM   #16
zz1

ZZ8's Gamercard
such a 800 ms point waste. i want my points back...
zz1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 06:30 PM   #17
LikedSilverJace

LikedSilverjace's Gamercard
When I heard this was like Jak and Daxter, I wasn't expecting something stealthy. This is still a fantastic game, but i still don't get where the Jak and Daxter relation comes from
LikedSilverJace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 10:49 PM   #18
Segasonicdude

segasonicdude's Gamercard
This really was a great game, I can't wait to see when the sequel gets released.
Segasonicdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 12:38 AM   #19
Mickford

Mickford's Gamercard
Agreed! One of the most underrated, awesome games of last generation. Played it on the GameCube originally and loved it. The stealth portions of the game are done so well and the combat, while simple, doesn't get boring. Been waiting and waiting for a sequel, I so hope it gets one. Would be a travesty to the gaming community if it doesn't.
Mickford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 07:15 PM   #20
Armed Madman

I never gave this game a chance when it came out originally, it was supposed to be a really great cult classic. Since it went on sale for $2.50 I figured I could not go wrong with this small gamble. This game has been a lot of fun and well worth the price. Being a 11 year old game you have to look past a couple things(bad camera angles & graphics come to mind), but anyone contemplating getting this game you can not go wrong.
Armed Madman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 05:23 PM   #21
inSvein

inSvein's Gamercard
Fantastic game, a friend of mine recommended it, and I was not disappointed. The first game I completed 100%
inSvein is offline   Reply With Quote