Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > RPG > Dungeon Siege 3
Subscribe    Donate

Old 10-11-2011, 01:17 PM   #1
DarkLord Zephyr

Send a message via AIM to DarkLord Zephyr

DarkLord Zephyr's Gamercard
Exclamation Delete the game from your hard drive (possible glitch fix)

So I was trying to get my ending achievements with someone. They got them, I didnt. Cleared cache, still nothing. Joined other games, still nothing. I got fed up and asked the first person I was playing with if they had DS:3 on their HDD, which they didnt; so I deleted the game from my hard drive, cleared the cache, played with someone new and boom goes the dynamite it worked. Then I stopped worrying about clearing the cache and I still got more. I told someone else about this and they tried it and it worked for them too. Just thought I'd give you all a heads up that this may be what fixes the achievement glitches at the end if you're having trouble and have it installed to your hard drive.

If you are having the same issue give it a try and post here if it works or doesnt.

Last edited by DarkLord Zephyr; 10-11-2011 at 06:26 PM.
DarkLord Zephyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 01:20 AM   #2
DarkLord Zephyr

Send a message via AIM to DarkLord Zephyr

DarkLord Zephyr's Gamercard
So out of the 300 some that viewed this so far, nobody has tried this yet? Odd...
DarkLord Zephyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 06:45 PM   #3
MyPetWorm

Elyoh's Gamercard
Personally I had the game installed to my HDD, while my friend Leiask didn't, and he was the one who had more troubles with the achievements than I did. I still had a problem with one of the characters for the end game achievement when a friend was helping us out with them, but just joined a random game online and got it first try.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkLord Zephyr View Post
...so I deleted the game from my hard drive, cleared the cache, played with someone new and boom goes the dynamite it worked.
I think the bolded part may be the main key here.

Player xOnex plays the final with player xTwox;
xOnex plays as Anjali, does it properly, and the achievement doesn't work. No matter what xOnex does, it will never unlock playing this save game with xTwox.

Clearing Cache has nothing to do with it, the achievement is related to the save game, not to your game. I want someone to correct me if I'm wrong, I can't test this as I'm on the opposite side of the world from my xbox right now, but if an end save game had problems with unlocking a certain characters end achievement, then no-one can get that character on that save game.

First in the World to finish Dungeon Siege III
First in the Southern Hemisphere to finish Mass Effect 3, Age of Empires Online and Babel Rising

Writer of the Dungeon Sige III and Babel Rising guides
MyPetWorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 07:06 PM   #4
Obliteral

obliteral's Gamercard
only just started DS:3 lastnight so im hoping i dont have this problem...EVER but atleast if it does there is a possible way 2 fix it thx for this post tbh

Huge Thanks To AmbaLaBamba For The Sig!!

Currently Working On:

- FF XIII - Gears 2 - Black Ops -
- Dragon Age Origins -
- Dungeon Siege 3 -
- Dead Space -

Obliteral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 03:53 AM   #5
Sundowner

Sundowner1's Gamercard
I had this problem for all the endings that weren't full playthroughs including Hardcore. When I finally got it to pop (thank god) after 7-8 tries here is what I did.

1) started from the boss directly (no need to go back through the forest)
2) cleared the cache prior to starting the game
3) Deleted ALL save files pertaining to that character I wanted the ending for.
4) answered all of the questions before P1 made their choice (I think this is the key actually)
5) and just for reference i did not have the game saved on the hard drive.

If anyone is having this issue try these steps... worked for me.
Sundowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 04:34 PM   #6
burntpork

burntpork's Gamercard
Yeah last night it happened to me. I was hosting as Anjali and freind was katrina we played hardcore beat game. i get Anjali to pop. we both pick a game towards the end i play lucas he is reinhart he gets the achiev i dont as i got booted during the conversation. so we both join the another game im reinhart hes anjali. he gets it i dont. SO ive played 2 new peoples end game and not a one. Also i needed the 3 companions one. On another save with Lucas I had reinhart as Ai from start, found Anjali. the Katarina finnaly got her to join as i was enetering the swamps, no trophie, m guessing getting booted during the conversation glitched my achievs, trying to delete my save games (or move them to cloud) the playing dlc to see if i can get something to pop
burntpork is offline   Reply With Quote